Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10490&st=225 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:54:54 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Dreams & Visions Concerning 3abn, A short letter from Barbara Kerr
Clay
post Mar 6 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #226

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Daffodil @ Mar 6 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]182993[/snapback]

Clay,

Sure we are to be fruit inspectors, but, we are not to judge a persons soul. I agree that we are to follow Jesus. Jesus also tells us in His holy word to "study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."2Tim. 2:15

I have never seen a person attempt to inspect the life of another without also judging them.... it sounds good but most of us cannot separate one from the other...... as for the text... when it was written the NT did not yet exist, so to what "word of truth" was the writer referring?

]What about the verse in John 1:14 that states "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotton of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
Jesus is the Word, Jesus when He walked on earth quoted scriture, so obviously He had confidence in what He wrote.

Jesus didn't write anything... Jesus God, was a spirit who became flesh and walked among men.... he quoted scripture that the Jews were familiar with.... He also told those same Jews..... you search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life, but they testify of me..... in essence the jews were studying the scriptures and ignoring that Jesus the savior of the world was in their midst... They rejected Jesus in favor of the scriptures....

"I am not asking anyone to follow me"

Of course you are not, but, people will read your words and I am sure like anybody you give counsel. My question would be how do you give counsel to someone if you hold no confidence in the inspired Word. As christians we either build people up for Christ or bring them down, we also wouldn't want to be a stumbling block for a weaker brother or sister.

Sincerely,
Dawn

ummm actually I avoid giving counsel, religious or otherwise. Now I can share with people my experience, letting them know that my experience may not be their experience.... It is my belief that God will reveal himself to people in his own way, and through prayer people can learn to hear his voice... He is not limited to the bible, never has been..... as for a weaker brother or sister, there comes a time when folks must stand without looking at us but focus on Christ.... if in fact that is who they say they are following....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 6 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #227

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 6 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]183057[/snapback]

I have never seen a person attempt to inspect the life of another without also judging them....

Exactly, great point. You confirm what others have denied on this board. While inspecting, and speculating (without all the evidence, of course) one comes to a conclusion in their own mind, and then judge the person on the conclusions they have come to. Not biblical. No siree no.gif

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 6 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #228

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

One point you seem to keep forgeting, Bystander: one needn't use anything more than Occam's Razor here to arrive at a reasonable conclusion. I'm not sure you understand the first rule of knowledge in this court of public opinion. There is no other court that matters. The damage has been done. You're losing, big time, yet you keep using desperate terms like "proof," but unable to demonstrate what you're saying, and as such, you're not saying anything at all.

No offense, but you remind me of a Chihuahua barking at its own shadow.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 6 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #229

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 6 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]183080[/snapback]

Exactly, great point. You confirm what others have denied on this board. While inspecting, and speculating (without all the evidence, of course) one comes to a conclusion in their own mind, and then judge the person on the conclusions they have come to. Not biblical. No siree no.gif

you have compared apples and potatoes.... but I expected as much...... from a bystander that is....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 7 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #230

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

snack.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church