Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10551&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:57 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A different view of 3abn, Fitzhume's postion.....
Fran
post Aug 21 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #106

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 21 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]146976[/snapback]

Congratulations on such a fine narrative The Televangelist. Great writing! I enjoyed it thoroughly. I enjoyed the suspense and intrigue. It was thoroughly entertaining. I possess some other great Christian fiction books that I like to read on the airplane or in my spare time. Keep up the good work!

Questions:

Would that Airplane be commercial or private? I noticed you stated *THE* airplane and not *AN* airplane. Why do I get the feeling you lease *THIS* airplane! You have to be careful with grammar.

Isn't fiction not good to read?

Wow, it is a good thing The Televangelist that you read wasn't fiction!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 21 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #107

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

I repeat....
QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 21 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]147038[/snapback]

Bump all that..... ("bump" - being used to mean "forget all that"...)

How do you explain your statement about "if he is a molester we should not care..." (loose translation).

How do you explain that, if you have children/grandchildren/great-grand children?

The only way you could explain this is IF you are a molester yourself.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 21 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,018

Princess....do you REALLY expect a reply? And if by chance you get one....would it be the truth????? cool.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 21 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #109

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lucyladye @ Aug 21 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]147079[/snapback]

Princess....do you REALLY expect a reply? And if by chance you get one....would it be the truth????? cool.gif

I put this as one of them questions that "will not get answered" - but we know the answer all ready and that's the point.

If someone can honestly state that child molestation should be ignored (hence the "not caring" part....) then anything and everything they say is MOOT.

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 21 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 20 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]146622[/snapback]

To answer your question, you are not giving money to a person. You are giving it to a cause, a ministry and lifeline for tens of thousands of people. What is it about that concept that people find so difficult to fathom.

The only cause that Danny Shelton knows is Danny Shelton. I know his "cause" all too well. Isn't it the houses, land, horses that aren't worth the food it takes to keep them alive, the new trucks, vans, vacations, prostitutes, and power? Yes, that is the cause I know all too well and I don't find it difficult to fathom it in the least.

And as for the ridiculous statement from earlier in the thread about Dan as the "face of adventism" and ignoring Dan's actions and behavior -

JESUS CHRIST WAS, IS, AND FOREVER WILL BE THE ONE AND ONLY FACE OF CHRISTIANITY, and even HE was removed from his position on this Earth when it was proved to be the best for all of us. Do you possibly think that next to Him, our gracious and loving Heavenly Father, that I would sit a lying, manipulative, and down right ignorant person such as Dan Shelton?
You must be absolutely insane!

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Aug 21 2006, 06:36 PM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 21 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #111

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

I couldn't have stated it better!!!!! YOU GO husband! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 21 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #112

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Man, I knew I liked you!! Go on and preach!!! clap.gif
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 21 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]147095[/snapback]

The only cause that Danny Shelton knows is Danny Shelton. I know his "cause" all too well. Isn't it the houses, land, horses that aren't worth the food it takes to keep them alive, the new trucks, vans, vacations, prostitutes, and power? Yes, that is the cause I know all too well and I don't find it difficult to fathom it in the least.

And as for the ridiculous statement from earlier in the thread about Dan as the "face of adventism" and ignoring Dan's actions and behavior -

JESUS CHRIST WAS, IS, AND FOREVER WILL BE THE ONE AND ONLY FACE OF CHRISTIANITY, and even HE was removed from his position on this Earth when it was proved to be the best for all of us. Do you possibly think that next to Him, our gracious and loving Heavenly Father, that I would sit a lying, manipulative, and down right ignorant person such as Dan Shelton?
You must be absolutely insane!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Aug 21 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #113

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 21 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]147089[/snapback]

I put this as one of them questions that "will not get answered" - but we know the answer all ready and that's the point.

If someone can honestly state that child molestation should be ignored (hence the "not caring" part....) then anything and everything they say is MOOT.

snack.gif

I think fitzy is yanking our chain, DrRe...and enjoying all the attention.

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 21 2006, 06:33 PM) [snapback]147095[/snapback]

JESUS CHRIST WAS, IS, AND FOREVER WILL BE THE ONE AND ONLY FACE OF CHRISTIANITY, and even HE was removed from his position on this Earth when it was proved to be the best for all of us. Do you possibly think that next to Him, our gracious and loving Heavenly Father, that I would sit a lying, manipulative, and down right ignorant person such as Dan Shelton? You must be absolutely insane!

notworthy.gif Mercy! There's some preaching going on up in here today!

This post has been edited by Nuggie: Aug 21 2006, 09:28 PM

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 21 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #114

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Aug 21 2006, 10:28 PM) [snapback]147154[/snapback]

I think fitzy is yanking our chain, DrRe...and enjoying all the attention.

Oh THAT - ain't yankin' my chain no mo....

I know something - of the debil (devil) when I see it...and I'm through with THAT.

Either mentally unstable, childless, or a molestor - take your pick.

snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Aug 21 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #115

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 21 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]147157[/snapback]

Oh THAT - ain't yankin' my chain no mo....

I know something - of the debil (devil) when I see it...and I'm through with THAT.

Either mentally unstable, childless, or a molestor - take your pick.

snack.gif

I'll take door #1, please.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 21 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #116

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Aug 21 2006, 10:40 PM) [snapback]147161[/snapback]

I'll take door #1, please.

I'm taking two doors - #1 & #3.....cause in this game...all doors can be choosen...

snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 22 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #117

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 21 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]146955[/snapback]

I do regret to have ignited your ire to such a degree. That was certainly not my intention. The frustating thing about this exercise is that the questions I have raised have not been addressed to any degree of satisfaction, thus I have taken some rhetorical license to further exacerbate the issues at hand.

If you carefully considered my remarks you would understand that I am in no wise condoning a molester. However, had my earlier points been properly deliberated it would not have come to this.

For decades, our denomination have openly and secretly supported individuals of high office whose personal conduct has been questionable at best and outrageous at worse. In mostly all situations, we have either looked the other way or overlooked the individual to the ends of accommodating the greater good of the adventist movement.

So the million dollar question is: Why now the sudden righteousness, why now the calling to task, why now the singling out, why the inconsistency?. As a church we have for decades embranced hypocracy, courted double standards, capered with rationalizations and doctrinal truancy. Oh no, this is not about Danny Sheltonk, this is about us finding ourselves a convenient punching bag and getting a good workout to detract from our own skeletons and the fact that the tea of our own faith has grown tepid.

To quote the Bard
"He draweth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of his argument."
Love's Labour's Lost, Act 5 scene 1

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 22 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #118

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 22 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]147201[/snapback]

To quote the Bard
"He draweth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of his argument."
Love's Labour's Lost, Act 5 scene 1

Whew.....

Say it again!

spoton.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TLC
post Aug 23 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #119

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,150

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 20 2006, 11:32 AM)

We should not care what Mr. Shelton has done. He may be a child molester, who cares. He may be a closet homosexual with fetishes, who cares. He is the appointed leader, who perhaps needs to find his way. Pray for him, support the ministry, lose the cynicism.

Please tell me he is just messin' with us......

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 23 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #120

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(TLC @ Aug 23 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]147595[/snapback]

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 20 2006, 11:32 AM)
We should not care what Mr. Shelton has done. He may be a child molester, who cares. He may be a closet homosexual with fetishes, who cares. He is the appointed leader, who perhaps needs to find his way. Pray for him, support the ministry, lose the cynicism.
Please tell me he is just messin' with us......

This has not been addressed directly by Fitzhume at all.

Nor (most likely) will it ever be.....

snack.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church