Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10551&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:53 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A different view of 3abn, Fitzhume's postion.....
princessdi
post Aug 20 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #76

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

It is a thousand time worse. As you said, and do agree, the church HAS made 3ABN the modern face of Adventism. I also agree that the ultimate face is EGW. It is worse because 3ABn has been set up as an authority and leader in daily christian living. If Danny daily walk is not anything resembling christian, and he is a leader, then he is responsible for those of God's children who are hurt or lead stray by his actions. Your suggestion to overlook everything and just concertrate on the surface, which always looks great, is about as silly as the suggestio nwe had a few weeks ago that revamping the programming will make it more relevant, and everythin will be just fine!

You really ought to be concerned that someone you see as the face of Adventism is not "walking in integrity"(sorry, I know that is too penecostal for some) in his personal or buisness dealings. it concerns me that you would dismiss everything for the fact that a village in Africa can see 3ABN.

J, you need to come over and dwell where the sky is blue!

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]146480[/snapback]

To respond, I am not a member of 3ABN, but this lynching of our dear brother should cause some concern in all of us. What our brother Danny did or did not do is no worse than what we all do each day when we commit our misdeeds (whatever they may be). He may have made some mistakes in regards to his personal life, but he is doing is job as the face of adventism. The face which we have viewed and have grown to love over many over years.

Bro. Shelton is a talented, charismatic and highly effective personality, and we should see him to be an indispensible asset and a facilitator of hope for the hungry masses all over the world. Far more effective than other lesser ministries in your conferences and poor struggling regional churches I must add.

A true adventist church will do far more in retrospect to bring the message to the world. We should hasten to send 3ABN our monitary support and do so ungrudgingly and without discrimitation. We should not begrudge him his prosperity. His prosperity is even more indicative that he has the support and love of so many. So let us have the spirit of gladness and gentleness as we progress in this journey.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 20 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #77

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 20 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]146686[/snapback]

I jes can't believe that anyone that calls themselves a CHRISTian is advocating that we "not care" about child molestation.

1. Have any of your children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren been molested?

2. Have you yourself been molested?

Worse even still...

3. ARE YOU A MOLESTER THAT WANTS TO CONTINUE DOING YOUR EVIL!

I think I may be close....

yes.gif

I'm afraid so ... sad.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 20 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #78

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 20 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]146744[/snapback]

I'm afraid so ... sad.gif

& if I'm close....

That is indeed SAD...

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Aug 20 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 20 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]146677[/snapback]

We seem to be developing a pattern -- first an infallible human being, now fitzroy, both with the same message, one stronger than the other ... uhm.gif

Inga, I think you hit a key point here. I shake my head in disbelief as I see many seemingly intelligent people at 3ABN backing Danny all the way. Is it possible that they are so manipulated into the belief that the words of "the anointed" are infallible, that they can't see -- or consciously overlook -- what is so obvious to the rest of us?

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 20 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jewel50 @ Aug 20 2006, 07:41 AM) [snapback]146518[/snapback]

Must be the money that makes him so charismatic

hahadance.gif roflmao.gif Indeed!
because he is not charismtic to me.
group.gif You have lots of company, Jewel! group.gif It's not just not finding him "charismatic," but he's such a pain that we've always wished he would just shut up and let his guests do the talking instead of doing all the talking for them! I also know of several individuals who think for themselves & whose judgment I respect who have never felt "comfortable" with Danny, feeling there's something "not quite right about him" upon meeting him in person but knowing better than to say so out loud.

Now we have some evidence that would seem to support this discomfort.

Of course Danny would like to think that he's "charismatic," I'm sure ...

I find it utterly astounding that someone besides Danny and his cohorts can actually so accurately represent Danny's attitude and apparent wishes. It's mind-boggling ... dunno.gif

QUOTE(Ralph @ Aug 20 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]146749[/snapback]

I shake my head in disbelief as I see many seemingly intelligent people at 3ABN backing Danny all the way. Is it possible that they are so manipulated into the belief that the words of "the anointed" are infallible, that they can't see -- or consciously overlook -- what is so obvious to the rest of us?
The evidence suggests that it is possible, Ralph. Unfortunately. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jewel50
post Aug 20 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #81

Member No.: 1,871

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 20 2006, 08:32 AM) [snapback]146622[/snapback]

We should not care what Mr. Shelton has done. He may be a child molester, who cares. He may be a closet homosexual with fetishes, who cares.

You are no Christian. Matter of fact you are not even a good person. And if I could see you I would be slapping your face or worse. Have you ever been moldested? No..you know why..cause I do believe that YOU ARE a molestor. Maybe even THE molestor. Yes you have really riled me and you do not deserve to even be talked to. You are straight on your way to hell. furious.gif furious.gif furious.gif furious.gif furious.gif

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 20 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #82

500 + posts
Group Icon

Folks, "Fitzhume's" postings have been of a nature to lead me to strongly suspect him to be the same individual known on ClubAdventist as "Mrs. Gray" -- a male lawyer but posted on CA as a woman. His role there was that of a provocateur. S/he tended to make extreme statements, with a particular predilection for sounding like an extremely conservative Adventist.

If this isn't "Mrs Gray," it's certainly her/his "double." As I suggested earlier, this poster goes beyond the pale of what one can reasonably expect even a strong supporter of Dan Shelton to promote. He went over the line -- where I doubt any real Shelton supporter would go -- whe he posted that Dan Shelton may be a child molester, but "who cares."

Clay has already done us all a favor by isolating these posts in a separate thread. Now we can safely ignore any outrageous statements made by this provocateur. It would be helpful if you could restrict his posting privileges to this one thread. signthankspin.gif

I rather think he's been daring/teasing us by making such obvious statements as saying he's not "hiding" behind anonymity, then not giving any information about himself. The child molester statement is another giveaway that this person is not "for real."

I could be wrong, of course. In that case I con only pity "Fitzhume."

Btw, Clay, you might want to check whether Fitzhume and falliblehumanbeing post from the same computer ...

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 20 2006, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Aug 20 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #83

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 20 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]146761[/snapback]

Btw, Clay, you might want to check whether Fitzhume and falliblehumanbeing post from the same computer ...

I was wondering the same thing... scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 20 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #84

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 20 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]146761[/snapback]

...Btw, Clay, you might want to check whether Fitzhume and falliblehumanbeing post from the same computer ...

ISP's will give you away...and if so.... even if they are "remotely close" - shut 'em down!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 20 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Fitzhume is new, he is not falliable nor Mrs. Gray... that much I do know...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Brennen
post Aug 21 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #86

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,874

Dear Friend,Why didn't you say this to Danny Shelton two years ago? He is the one who really needs this message, not us. If he had done what you are suggesting he would not have treated Linda the way he did and continues to do. His attitude and actions are is what really disappoints me in this whole ordeal. Remember that it is important not to hide our sins. Often we say we do not want to "air or dirty linen." The truth is everyone knows our dirty linen. When we act as though our “linen” isn't dirty, we become hypocrites. We become a laughing stock to the world. Thanks for reminding us how nice Danny Shelton should have been two years ago.

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]146348[/snapback]

"It is not easy to have such a grave responsibility as a spokesperson for such a respected ministry as 3ABN; however, let us appreciate, love, restore, respect and support those who are battling for souls."

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 21 2006, 05:12 AM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 19 2006, 10:44 PM) [snapback]146348[/snapback]
Dear Friends,

From my keen observations and discoveries regarding the atrocities and misunderstandings pertaining to our dear 3ABN, let me remind you all that God requires us to respect authority. It may be true the our dear brother may have made some misguided choices in some regards, and certainly may not be perfect in all respects; however, he is the appointed spokesman for the Face of Adventism, and much good has been accomplished thoughout the world.

Surely you are joking? Since when would either Danny S or 3ABN be an authority?

Shame on me for not reading the entire thread before posting. This has shown to be quite outlandish. I should try to know better what I reply to in the future. May this topic RIP.

This post has been edited by västergötland: Aug 21 2006, 05:56 AM

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Aug 21 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

[quote name='västergötland' date='Aug 21 2006, 06:12 AM' post='146873']
Surely you are joking? Since when would either Danny S or 3ABN be an authority?

Actually, neither Danny Shelton nor Ellen White is the "face of Adventism". It is Jesus Christ! ...and if it is not Jesus...then we have the wrong face!

Bill

--------------------
========================================
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
-------------------------------------------------------
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
-------------------------------------------------------
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill
========================================

+Quote Post
J. Fitzhume
post Aug 21 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #89

Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 20 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]146761[/snapback]

Folks, "Fitzhume's" postings have been of a nature to lead me to strongly suspect him to be the same individual known on ClubAdventist as "Mrs. Gray" -- a male lawyer but posted on CA as a woman. His role there was that of a provocateur. S/he tended to make extreme statements, with a particular predilection for sounding like an extremely conservative Adventist.

If this isn't "Mrs Gray," it's certainly her/his "double." As I suggested earlier, this poster goes beyond the pale of what one can reasonably expect even a strong supporter of Dan Shelton to promote. He went over the line -- where I doubt any real Shelton supporter would go -- whe he posted that Dan Shelton may be a child molester, but "who cares."

Clay has already done us all a favor by isolating these posts in a separate thread. Now we can safely ignore any outrageous statements made by this provocateur. It would be helpful if you could restrict his posting privileges to this one thread. signthankspin.gif

I rather think he's been daring/teasing us by making such obvious statements as saying he's not "hiding" behind anonymity, then not giving any information about himself. The child molester statement is another giveaway that this person is not "for real."

I could be wrong, of course. In that case I con only pity "Fitzhume."

I do regret to have ignited your ire to such a degree. That was certainly not my intention. The frustating thing about this exercise is that the questions I have raised have not been addressed to any degree of satisfaction, thus I have taken some rhetorical license to further exacerbate the issues at hand.

If you carefully considered my remarks you would understand that I am in no wise condoning a molester. However, had my earlier points been properly deliberated it would not have come to this.

For decades, our denomination have openly and secretly supported individuals of high office whose personal conduct has been questionable at best and outrageous at worse. In mostly all situations, we have either looked the other way or overlooked the individual to the ends of accommodating the greater good of the adventist movement.

So the million dollar question is: Why now the sudden righteousness, why now the calling to task, why now the singling out, why the inconsistency?. As a church we have for decades embranced hypocracy, courted double standards, capered with rationalizations and doctrinal truancy. Oh no, this is not about Danny Sheltonk, this is about us finding ourselves a convenient punching bag and getting a good workout to detract from our own skeletons and the fact that the tea of our own faith has grown tepid.

+Quote Post
Jewel50
post Aug 21 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #90

Member No.: 1,871

You know what I consider Danny Sheldon? Nothing but a glorified MC...Just somone who introuduces people. Not the face of Adventism.

When I hear people at my church and on the internet talk about 3ABN no one mentions Danny. They all talk about Pastor Stephen Bohr, Pastor David Asscherick, Pastor Batchelor, Pastor Thompson, Pastor Branner, Pastor Wolburg, Pastor CD Brooks, and more. These are the ones who are speading the gospel on 3ABN. But never do I hear anyone mention Sheldon. Anyone can do what he does that has the talent to introduce the guests on the show.

It will not be hard for him to be replaced and the sooner the better. Amen!!!!! Then Danny will have the time get his life right with Christ before it is to late. happydance.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church