Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10551&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:55 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A different view of 3abn, Fitzhume's postion.....
sister
post Aug 21 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 21 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]146955[/snapback]

I do regret to have ignited your ire to such a degree. That was certainly not my intention. The frustating thing about this exercise is that the questions I have raised have not been addressed to any degree of satisfaction, thus I have taken some rhetorical license to further exacerbate the issues at hand.

If you carefully considered my remarks you would understand that I am in no wise condoning a molester. However, had my earlier points been properly deliberated it would not have come to this.

For decades, our denomination have openly and secretly supported individuals of high office whose personal conduct has been questionable at best and outrageous at worse. In mostly all situations, we have either looked the other way or overlooked the individual to the ends of accommodating the greater good of the adventist movement.

So the million dollar question is: Why now the sudden righteousness, why now the calling to task, why now the singling out, why the inconsistency?. As a church we have for decades embranced hypocracy, courted double standards, capered with rationalizations and doctrinal truancy. Oh no, this is not about Danny Sheltonk, this is about us finding ourselves a convenient punching bag and getting a good workout to detract from our own skeletons and the fact that the tea of our own faith has grown tepid.

I find the logic you introduce in an attempt to muddy the water in regard to Mr. Shelton to be laughable in its simplicity. To assume that by bringing in erroneous argumentation you can sway the sentiments of the readers into believing that God or the Seventh-day Adventist Church should "wink" at the heinous acts of Mr. Shelton, giving him only a slap on his hand and then continuing to support him is unconscionable.

As Steve is fond of saying, “We aren’t in Sabbath School, we pay attention here.” It is obvious, from your argumentation, that you believe that in the case of Mr. Shelton a different Gospel is favored than the one preached by Paul: you would have us believe that he is saved in his sins and not from his sins, that as God’s “anointed head of 3ABN” Mr. Shelton is under a special dispensation that allows him to transcend the laws of both God and man and in doing so he has become a law unto himself. This is definitely strange fire in the Sanctuary and defies the very foundation of Christianity, for God is a God of order: He is unchanging and in His wisdom applies the same accountability to all His children.

This post has been edited by sister: Aug 21 2006, 12:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Aug 21 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(Jewel50 @ Aug 21 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]146956[/snapback]

It will not be hard for him to be replaced and the sooner the better. Amen!!!!! Then Danny will have the time get his life right with Christ before it is to late. happydance.gif

I am assuming that your life is right with Christ. How long does it take?

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 21 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]146966[/snapback]

As Steve is fond of saying, “We aren’t in Sabbath School, we pay attention here.”

Steve is a wise man to coin that phrase.

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 21 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #93

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

J. Fitzhume, if what you say about supporting high officials guilty of unrepentent blatant open sin within the denomination is true, such a front person should have the same opportunities and the same scrutiny as the persons that are investigated here has got. Your argument that, 'becourse sin has gone unnoticed before we should not notice it now' is, well... acctually, im at a loss for words. To call an atempt to change a bad situation into a slightly better situation hypocrazy becourse a bad situation has been the 'buisness as usual' before? What planet are you from? (Not asking that to be mean, just venting some frustration with my failiure to understand how you think.)

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Aug 21 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

QUOTE(Rough7Seas @ Aug 21 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]146972[/snapback]

=====================================================
You can be saved in a moment for "by grace you have been saved by faith, "
(Eph. 2:8-9. Also Titus 3:4-5)
Then you start growing in Him.

Bill

--------------------
========================================
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
-------------------------------------------------------
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
-------------------------------------------------------
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill
========================================

+Quote Post
J. Fitzhume
post Aug 21 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #95

Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 21 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]146966[/snapback]

I find the logic you introduce in an attempt to muddy the water in regard to Mr. Shelton to be laughable in its simplicity. To assume that by bringing in erroneous argumentation you can sway the sentiments of the readers into believing that God or the Seventh-day Adventist Church should "wink" at the heinous acts of Mr. Shelton, giving him only a slap on his hand and then continuing to support him is unconscionable.

As Steve is fond of saying, “We aren’t in Sabbath School, we pay attention here.” It is obvious, from your argumentation, that you believe that in the case of Mr. Shelton a different Gospel is favored than the one preached by Paul: you would have us believe that he is saved in his sins and not from his sins, that as God’s “anointed head of 3ABN” Mr. Shelton is under a special dispensation that allows him to transcend the laws of both God and man and in doing so he has become a law unto himself. This is definitely strange fire in the Sanctuary and defies the very foundation of Christianity, for God is a God of order: He is unchanging and in His wisdom applies the same accountability to all His children.

Congratulations on such a fine narrative The Televangelist. Great writing! I enjoyed it thoroughly. I enjoyed the suspense and intrigue. It was thoroughly entertaining. I possess some other great Christian fiction books that I like to read on the airplane or in my spare time. Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 21 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 21 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]146976[/snapback]

Congratulations on such a fine narrative The Televangelist. Great writing! I enjoyed it thoroughly. I enjoyed the suspense and intrigue. It was thoroughly entertaining. I possess some other great Christian fiction books that I like to read on the airplane or in my spare time. Keep up the good work!

I agree....Sister get's an "A" for truth! clapping.gif

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 21 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #97

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 21 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]146976[/snapback]

Sorry, Fitzhume, thank you for the compliment, but it is misplaced. I am not the author of The Televangelist. Alas, but only another area upon which you are misinformed... And for your information I have not delved into the area of fiction, my writings are narratives based upon factual evidence. So, yet another misrepresentation that can be attributed to you. Is this merely an awkward attempt to spar with me? boxing.gif If so, you have not captured my interest.

This post has been edited by sister: Aug 21 2006, 12:56 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 21 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #98

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 21 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]146976[/snapback]

I'm glad you enjoyed it. smile.gif

Apparently Dan Shelton read it too. Don't you think it strange that he read this work of fiction and indicated it contained some inaccuracies about himself? ... Stranger still that he threatened to sue Eler Johann Thorvaldssen of Norway, whom he guessed tobe the author?

What do you make of that?

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 21 2006, 01:54 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 21 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #99

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Rough7Seas @ Aug 21 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]146972[/snapback]

Steve is a wise man to coin that phrase.

I may be wise, but I didn't coin the phrase, an old friend who use to be here coined it... or was it Kevin? either way, it wasn't me.... though we use it now quite a bit....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 21 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #100

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 21 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]146992[/snapback]

I may be wise, but I didn't coin the phrase, an old friend who use to be here coined it... or was it Kevin? either way, it wasn't me.... though we use it now quite a bit....

That was Darius who first made the statement...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 21 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #101

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 21 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]147010[/snapback]

That was Darius who first made the statement...

In His service,
Mr. J

that's what i was thinking.... thanks for the confirmation....

--------------------

+Quote Post
J. Fitzhume
post Aug 21 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #102

Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 21 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]146992[/snapback]

To our illustrious moderator, I find your ecomony of verbage and brevity of remarks most refreshing. If only others would follow your example when their own well of substantive invocations start to run dry.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 21 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #103

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 21 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]147020[/snapback]

To our illustrious moderator, I find your ecomony of verbage and brevity of remarks most refreshing. If only others would follow your example when their own well of substantive invocations start to run dry.

Fitzy.... don't push your luck..... rudeness can get you banished.... as for my conciseness..... perhaps thou shalt go and do likewise...

--------------------

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 21 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #104

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

(J. Fitzhume @ Aug 21 2006, 02:35 PM)]

Hear! Hear!

(Can you hear yourself, Fitzhume?)

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 21 2006, 03:34 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 21 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #105

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Bump all that..... ("bump" - being used to mean "forget all that"...)

How do you explain your statement about "if he is a molester we should not care..." (loose translation).

How do you explain that, if you have children/grandchildren/great-grand children?

The only way you could explain this is IF you are a molester yourself.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church