Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10628&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:54:10 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 3abn Story, Fact vs. Fiction
gardener
post Aug 27 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,178

no.gif
QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 27 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]148332[/snapback]

Note that it *feels* like criticism. But that's OK, I can live with that.

I just want to note that this was not the point of my post. The point was a difference in what I had recommended .... even urged ... people to *do* .... and on this particular action of contacting dish network and sky angel. And the reason I mentioned having information I should not share at this time was to let the reader know that I had reason for changing my mind on this particular action... as contrasted with the possibility that I was just moving to the "do nothing" stance that some take.

That's all. Sorry it sounded like a "tease".

Watchbird, are you suggesting that we write Dish Network and encourage them NOT to put 3abn on? If so I would have to say NO. It is not 3abn that needs to go. We don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. no.gif

This post has been edited by gardener: Aug 27 2006, 10:56 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 27 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(gardener @ Aug 27 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]148340[/snapback]

no.gif
Watchbird, are you suggesting that we write Dish Network and encourage them NOT to put 3abn on? If so I would have to say NO. It is not 3abn that needs to go. We don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. no.gif

No, I am suggesting that in this case the best course of action is to lay low, say nothing at all to Dish network, and wait until all is settled and we either have a new and completely revamped 3ABN which has a valid and close relationship with the official church ... or there is a complete break between 3ABN and the church ... or whatever happens has happened.

As to the question of "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" .... it simply does not apply in this situation.

As far as what effect our letters on either side of the issue with DISH would have at this time .... at best they will be completely ignored and ineffective, and at worst they could worsen the situtation for the future. Or to put it another way .... the present is already fixed. We can stop trying to affect what already is. We need to wait until the future comes to see what will be appropriate action in view of whatever that "future" looks like when it becomes the present.

There are plenty of other places where those who wish to be activists can be of real help. Contact your friends and church leaders and direct them to BSDA to learn what we are saying about 3ABN. Contact other places like Palm Springs who already have "rallys" scheduled .... express your disappointment in their plans...... direct them to BSDA where they can learn more about why you are disappointed in them. I am still an activist. There is only this one item of activism that I had previously recommended, but when I checked to find out whether it was advisable or not, I found that it was not. But other than that, KEEP ON KEEPING ON with spreading the word in whatever venues you have opportunity.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 27 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 27 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]148343[/snapback]

No, I am suggesting that in this case the best course of action is to lay low, say nothing at all to Dish network, and wait until all is settled and we either have a new and completely revamped 3ABN which has a valid and close relationship with the official church ... or there is a complete break between 3ABN and the church ... or whatever happens has happened.

As to the question of "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" .... it simply does not apply in this situation.

Thanks for that update. Watchbird. That wasn't cryptic at all. That should make the others happier, I think.

By the way, cryptic just means "hidden from view." I didn't mean anything critical by using that word, if any readers are wondering. I appreciated the original post and understood it to be a "heads up" post to those who were contemplating corresponding with the satellite providers.

I am patient and I can wait to see where the dust settles. Thanks again, Watchbird.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 27 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Let me just state that Watchbird is telling the truth, but the whole truth cannot be revealed at this moment. BSAD has played a solid role in what is happening these hours. We do not know exactly how things will mature from here, but the end of the present 3ABN regime is squarely in sight. Praise the Lord!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Chez
post Aug 27 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 27 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]148348[/snapback]

Let me just state that Watchbird is telling the truth, but the whole truth cannot be revealed at this moment. BSAD has played a solid role in what is happening these hours. We do not know exactly how things will mature from here, but the end of the present 3ABN regime is squarely in sight. Praise the Lord!

Johann, thank you for your unwavering faithfulness. Thank you for being a solid man of God. I have appreciated your leadership, forthrightness, and tenacity. Thanks! May God continue to richly bless you.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 27 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 27 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]148348[/snapback]

I want to thank you and Watchbird for your comments on the forum.

I will be curious what "regime" will be ousted. If it is only Dan, then we haven't solved anything. Mollie will step in with Hal and we'll be fighting the same battles all over again - only Hal and Mollie are better at hiding secrets.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 27 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 27 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]148356[/snapback]

I want to thank you and Watchbird for your comments on the forum.

I will be curious what "regime" will be ousted. If it is only Dan, then we haven't solved anything. Mollie will step in with Hal and we'll be fighting the same battles all over again - only Hal and Mollie are better at hiding secrets.

Thank you for your confirmation. This is our position also. Read Sister's threads with care. You will see that she has been leading the way in identifying those who are part of Danny's "regime" .... and she and others have been telling the stories that show why they, too, should be expelled.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 27 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

I am all too familiar with the players. I am simply curious as to whether or not 3ABN will be completely cleansed of the infestation.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Aug 27 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,252

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 27 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]148360[/snapback]

Thank you for your confirmation. This is our position also. Read Sister's threads with care. You will see that she has been leading the way in identifying those who are part of Danny's "regime" .... and she and others have been telling the stories that show why they, too, should be expelled.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 27 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

With Danny Shelton controlling the board, how and in what way can they even be expelled?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Aug 27 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,252

After following these posts for over a year now, I've concluded that the entire 3ABN "regime" members are "birds of a feather" because they all tend to think and act the same way. So if only a part of the "regime" is ousted, the others will pick up where they left off. Nothing will change. However, if the entire "regime" is ousted, where does that leave 3ABN as an organization? Remember, they are entirely an independent organization. Who, outside of the 3ABN board, will choose the new "regime"? The board is hand-picked by Danny, right? If they are part of the problem they will certainly not be able to provide a solution.
Since we now have the HOPE Channel coming on strong, I think perhaps the complete demise of 3ABN is the best solution. Let's note the lessons learned, and start over with a new organization that is already in place. Why try fixing a broken-down '87 Chevy when you have a new Lexus waiting at the curb?

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 27 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Aug 27 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]148372[/snapback]

After following these posts for over a year now, I've concluded that the entire 3ABN "regime" members are "birds of a feather" because they all tend to think and act the same way. So if only a part of the "regime" is ousted, the others will pick up where they left off. Nothing will change. However, if the entire "regime" is ousted, where does that leave 3ABN as an organization? Remember, they are entirely an independent organization. Who, outside of the 3ABN board, will choose the new "regime"? The board is hand-picked by Danny, right? If they are part of the problem they will certainly not be able to provide a solution.
Since we now have the HOPE Channel coming on strong, I think perhaps the complete demise of 3ABN is the best solution. Let's note the lessons learned, and start over with a new organization that is already in place. Why try fixing a broken-down '87 Chevy when you have a new Lexus waiting at the curb?

Sometimes it is the comfort of that old 87 that people want and need. There are many talented, Christian people there that want to do the work of the Lord. What becomes of them.

I agree with Gardener - we'd be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 27 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 27 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]148402[/snapback]

Sometimes it is the comfort of that old 87 that people want and need. There are many talented, Christian people there that want to do the work of the Lord. What becomes of them.

I agree with Gardener - we'd be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

To borrow your metaphors, Watchbird is just saying that we should not go speeding into the fog with either that '87 Chevy or the Lexus until we can see what's up ahead.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 27 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

From what I have been reading here and there, I got the feeling that Linda may have been removed by Danny, divorce-wise and 3ABN-wise as she spoke against the wrongs she saw happening there.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 27 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 27 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]148413[/snapback]

To borrow your metaphors, Watchbird is just saying that we should not go speeding into the fog with either that '87 Chevy or the Lexus until we can see what's up ahead.

I couldn't agree more!

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church