Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10628&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:54:12 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 3abn Story, Fact vs. Fiction
rwelchcrs
post Aug 27 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,252

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 27 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]148402[/snapback]

Sometimes it is the comfort of that old 87 that people want and need. There are many talented, Christian people there that want to do the work of the Lord. What becomes of them.

I agree with Gardener - we'd be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

There were many talented Christian people put out of work when the Battle Creek Sanitarium and press burned down. But it was temporary. They eventually found a new and better place to use their talents for the Lord. I don't think the "baby with the bathwater" metaphor fits the current situation unless we're willing to consider infanticide!
The independent nature of 3ABN and Danny's total control of the board makes positive change impossible.
Have you considered the possible significance of the rise of HOPE Channel at the same time this 3ABN scandal is emerging? I don't know the future, I don't even know very much about the present, but it appears to my fallible human perception that perhaps the Lord is getting ready to provide a completely new televangelism avenue for the SDA church. As HOPE grows, they will need more talent. The current 3ABN workers may be able to switch to a better working environment.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 27 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Aug 27 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]148433[/snapback]

There were many talented Christian people put out of work when the Battle Creek Sanitarium and press burned down. But it was temporary. They eventually found a new and better place to use their talents for the Lord. I don't think the "baby with the bathwater" metaphor fits the current situation unless we're willing to consider infanticide!
The independent nature of 3ABN and Danny's total control of the board makes positive change impossible.
Have you considered the possible significance of the rise of HOPE Channel at the same time this 3ABN scandal is emerging? I don't know the future, I don't even know very much about the present, but it appears to my fallible human perception that perhaps the Lord is getting ready to provide a completely new televangelism avenue for the SDA church. As HOPE grows, they will need more talent. The current 3ABN workers may be able to switch to a better working environment.

I am thinking like rwelchers too. There are many good people that have worked hard and long for 3abn, and God has not forgotten them. The right doors will open for each one - God has had things planned for each of His children, for each matters to Him. So, while it's totally acceptable thinking to see why 3abn can not stay in place, how it will happen is a curious thing, and none of us want to see a bandaid on it, for it will just continue to oooze all over the place, how do you just have something end? Hopefully, with the right people helping the fan's of 3abn merge to something else to watch - like the Hope Channel for example, most of the same programming is there, and will continue to grow there - and I tend to think that people will merge there (employees if they dare trust again, and viewers who discover it with good marketing). Lessons learned elsewhere will hopefully make HOPE a better place as well. Just shooting from the hip here.... dunno.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Chez
post Aug 28 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 27 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]148439[/snapback]

I am thinking like rwelchers too. There are many good people that have worked hard and long for 3abn, and God has not forgotten them. The right doors will open for each one - God has had things planned for each of His children, for each matters to Him. So, while it's totally acceptable thinking to see why 3abn can not stay in place, how it will happen is a curious thing, and none of us want to see a bandaid on it, for it will just continue to oooze all over the place, how do you just have something end? Hopefully, with the right people helping the fan's of 3abn merge to something else to watch - like the Hope Channel for example, most of the same programming is there, and will continue to grow there - and I tend to think that people will merge there (employees if they dare trust again, and viewers who discover it with good marketing). Lessons learned elsewhere will hopefully make HOPE a better place as well. Just shooting from the hip here.... dunno.gif

Speaking of good people, where is Melissa Summers? I haven't seen her on 3ABN for a while.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 28 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #34

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Back on topic. These are the facts as I see them.

Linda and Danny got divorced. Linda was dismissed from 3ABN. Danny remarried. Everything else is hearsay.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 28 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Calvin,

If three people came to you and said that so and so did this, would that be fact or fiction?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 28 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #36

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 28 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]148523[/snapback]

Back on topic. These are the facts as I see them.

Linda and Danny got divorced. Linda was dismissed from 3ABN. Danny remarried. Everything else is hearsay.

no not quite.... Danny sought to divorce Linda.... used the nonexistent "spiritual adultery" as grounds for divorce for any who would ask.... sought this divorce in Guam..... then he got remarried....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 28 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 28 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]148524[/snapback]

Calvin,

If three people came to you and said that so and so did this, would that be fact or fiction?

Is it really that simple? Wouldn't you need some criteria with which to evalute things said - veracity, potential motive to mislead, reason they came to tell me . . . and then, not having experienced it myself I would either have to accept it with a good dose of faith - or reject it until such time that more substantial evidence is presented to change my mind.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 28 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

Another thing that would appear to be established fact is the problems 3abn has had proving that it acctually is a charitable ministry. Thinking about the court document someone posted two weeks ago or so. If they fail to prove being a charitable ministry to a court when it is in their own interest to do so, well...

Though admitedly this is no crime, merely noteworthy..

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 28 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 28 2006, 11:40 PM) [snapback]148571[/snapback]

Another thing that would appear to be established fact is the problems 3abn has had proving that it acctually is a charitable ministry. Thinking about the court document someone posted two weeks ago or so. If they fail to prove being a charitable ministry to a court when it is in their own interest to do so, well...

Though admitedly this is no crime, merely noteworthy..

Is what you are saying fact of fictieon?

What would you say if I tell you that Danny and Linda's divorce is a mere side-issue and what you mention above is the core of the problem, and perhaps why Linda had to be sacrificed?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Voktar of Zargon
post Aug 28 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,188

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 28 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]148527[/snapback]

no not quite.... Danny sought to divorce Linda.... used the nonexistent "spiritual adultery" as grounds for divorce for any who would ask.... sought this divorce in Guam..... then he got remarried....

Also, this newbie (yours truly) saw Danny do a solo swan-song presentation on-air back in 2004, in which he basically said he was going to be stepping down from his responsibilities at 3 ABN because of his problems with Linda and her not being willing to listen to counsel about a 'problem'. Did anybody else see that program? It was a fluke that I did. I don't ordinarily watch TV, especially 3ABN. I never could get the idea of how you reach the world by sitting in a livingroom and talking Adventist shop/lingo. Nobody seems to have mentioned this event so I am throwing it in the mix. In my humble hearsay opinion a godly 'innocent' man would have stepped down if only to avoid the appearance of evil and deleterious rumors. Ya'll know the rest of the story.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 28 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Voktar of Zargon @ Aug 28 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]148624[/snapback]

Also, this newbie (yours truly) saw Danny do a solo swan-song presentation on-air back in 2004, in which he basically said he was going to be stepping down from his responsibilities at 3 ABN because of his problems with Linda and her not being willing to listen to counsel about a 'problem'. Did anybody else see that program? It was a fluke that I did. I don't ordinarily watch TV, especially 3ABN. I never could get the idea of how you reach the world by sitting in a livingroom and talking Adventist shop/lingo. Nobody seems to have mentioned this event so I am throwing it in the mix. In my humble hearsay opinion a godly 'innocent' man would have stepped down if only to avoid the appearance of evil and deleterious rumors. Ya'll know the rest of the story.

Welcome Voktar! Nice post. Interesting name you have! I like it!
Danny knows when to say what and who to say it to, and for who's behalf (his). He says lots of things (which maybe you have noticed) as he seeks to talk as much as possible and be sure to give an appearance of a saint who has been mistreated.
Anyway, I missed this show (I miss most of them) but I'm sure others know about this one and will comment. Your "humble hearsay opinion of a godly innocent man" is a good one, unfortunately not of Danny's list of "things I should do that are right". He feels he can afford to try to put out the fires as they come along, only now, there is a forest fire and he can't stop it now.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Aug 28 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(Voktar of Zargon @ Aug 28 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]148624[/snapback]

I am not sure if it was the same one that you saw but, I recall him saying he offered to leave with Linda but the board told him that he didn't need to leave. I believe he should have left if only for a short time to try to get their marriage together. If what he says is true that he loved her and wanted it to work out....That should have been his priority.....

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 28 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Aug 28 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]148628[/snapback]

I am not sure if it was the same one that you saw but, I recall him saying he offered to leave with Linda but the board told him that he didn't need to leave. I believe he should have left if only for a short time to try to get their marriage together. If what he says is true that he loved her and wanted it to work out....That should have been his priority.....

He had no intention of leaving OR of fixing their marriage. That's the saddest of all. He had different "priorities".

--------------------

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 28 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Chez @ Aug 28 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]148483[/snapback]

Speaking of good people, where is Melissa Summers? I haven't seen her on 3ABN for a while.

Melissa Summers was sent to work with W. Phipps after upsetting pretty much everyone at the station. Once in Florida, apparently she upset the admin there. She wanted to come back to 3ABN and was told no.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Aug 29 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]148642[/snapback]

Melissa Summers was sent to work with W. Phipps after upsetting pretty much everyone at the station. Once in Florida, apparently she upset the admin there. She wanted to come back to 3ABN and was told no.

I, too, wondered what happened to her. What on earth did she do to upset the folks at 3ABN and also the people in Florida. I know she went through some tough times when she came to the church and 3abn. I recall her telling her story where she lost her husband and her home because of her refusal to work on the Sabbath. She seemed genuine enough to me...of course I only see what they want me to see. However, I hope she will be allright.

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church