Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10635&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:15 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Palm Springs Cancels 3abn, And any other action news
watchbird
post Aug 28 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 28 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]148499[/snapback]

I telephoned the Palm Springs SDA Chruch, and it has been canceled.

However, their pastor tells me that it has been secheduled for the Desert Hot Springs Chruch, on the same weekend.

Thank you.

Very interesting..... especially in view of the fact that my information said that 3ABN had attempted to schedule it at Desert Hot Springs Church, and the church had refused to accept them.

Hopefully someone with personal connections in those churches will give us more detailed information.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Aug 28 2006, 10:27 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 28 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

One way to get their attention, whoever that may be, is to work at encouraging those churches involved to cancel their 3ABN rallies.

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Aug 28 2006, 11:04 AM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 28 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

This is where it lies in the mystery of what's happening in 3abn appearing at a S. CA church (DHS or PS).

A friend of mine got through to the DHS Church today and told me this:

"I spoke with the pastor of the Desert Hot Springs Church (Irven Thomsen, interim pastor filling in for just a short time), and he said that his church leadership has decided to turn it over to the Southeastern CA Conference president, Gerald Pennick, and let him make the final decision."

I am considering contacting the conference president.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 28 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Now isn't that interesting!

Something is obviously happening within the SDA church in regards to 3ABN.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
DOG
post Aug 28 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #20

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,099

It is a good thing that honest people are arising to stand and be counted. Enough is enough! We are witnessing the beginning of the rath of God towards those who attempt to deceive His people. The leadership must be removed if the ministry is to be spared. Dog

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 28 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 29 2006, 02:03 AM) [snapback]148599[/snapback]

This is where it lies in the mystery of what's happening in 3abn appearing at a S. CA church (DHS or PS).

"I spoke with the pastor of the Desert Hot Springs Church (Irven Thomsen, interim pastor filling in for just a short time), and he said that his church leadership has decided to turn it over to the Southeastern CA Conference president, Gerald Pennick, and let him make the final decision."

One could say it would be a great honor for the DHS church to have a rally there. I was told they have an average attendanc of about 30.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 28 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 28 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]148658[/snapback]

One could say it would be a great honor for the DHS church to have a rally there. I was told they have an average attendanc of about 30.

That means that maybe......umm....5 might show up?
Well, I'm sure people will travel from near and far to come, right? RIGHT? giggle.gif

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Aug 29 2006, 11:06 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I didn't know Gerald Pennick was SE's conference President................ scratchchin.gif
QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 28 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]148599[/snapback]

This post has been edited by princessdi: Aug 29 2006, 10:53 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 29 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]148723[/snapback]

I didn't know Gerald Pennick was SE's conference President................ scratchchin.gif

Yes, he is. Go to the website http://www.secc.adventist.org/default.htm
I have written him. I will wait to see if I get a reply. I could not find an email addess for him, so had to guess.... blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ahhhn, yes! I should have known. Wrong Gerald Pennick. I believe the one to which I was referring is a pastor. The one picture defintiely makes more sense......

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 29 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]148724[/snapback]

I have written him. I will wait to see if I get a reply. I could not find an email addess for him, so had to guess.... blink.gif

This post has been edited by princessdi: Aug 29 2006, 11:40 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 29 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]148728[/snapback]

Ahhhn, yes! I should have known. Wrong Gerald Pennick. I believe the one to which I was referring is a pastor. The one picture defintiely makes more sense......

Don't know if this helps, but, he is a Sr. which means there is a Jr. which might be who you are thinking of?? dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

LOL! Naw, different family altogether. No family resemblance in the least.
QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 29 2006, 10:42 AM) [snapback]148730[/snapback]

Don't know if this helps, but, he is a Sr. which means there is a Jr. which might be who you are thinking of?? dunno.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 29 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 29 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]148724[/snapback]

Pacific Union Recorder
http://www.pacificunionrecorder.com/105/1/24603.html

Delegates to Southeastern California's Nov. 7 constituency session elected that conference's first black president, Gerald D. Penick, Sr., and the Pacific Union's first female officer, Sandra Roberts, as executive secretary.
Penick replaces Lynn Mallery, who retired after 12 years as SECC president.
Penick has served in the SECC office since 1989, 12 years as executive secretary and three years as assistant to the president for black ministries and director of community services, inner city and prison ministries. Penick has pastored in the Southeastern California, Allegheny West, Central States and South Central conferences. Though Penick is the first African-American president in the SECC, he is the seventh black conference president elected in the Pacific Union in recent years, and the fifth to serve (two declined).
Penick commented after the votes were counted, "This is a historic day for the Southeastern California Conference.

http://www.adventistdirectory.org/view_Adm...AdmFieldID=SECC

Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
11330 Pierce St
Riverside, CA 92505-3303

Mail: PO Box 8050
Riverside, CA 92515-8050

Leader: Gerald D Penick, President
Phone: 1 951-509-2200
Fax: 1 951-509-2390
Email: info@secc-sda.org

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 29 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 29 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]148660[/snapback]

That means that maybe......umm....5 might show up?
Well, I'm sure people will travel from near and far to come, right? RIGHT? giggle.gif

Oh boy - do you know how many times the directors at 3ABN have heard Dan say that he doesn't want to see empty seats...I guess this will make one more...

Sure thing Dan...

yawn.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Okee Dokee! Thanks Pete for gettin my drift!! LOL!!! I am on the phone now with my mother, asking her. They grew up in this area, their father pastored for many years in Oakland. She says this may be him.

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 29 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]148764[/snapback]

Pacific Union Recorder
http://www.pacificunionrecorder.com/105/1/24603.html

Delegates to Southeastern California's Nov. 7 constituency session elected that conference's first black president, Gerald D. Penick, Sr., and the Pacific Union's first female officer, Sandra Roberts, as executive secretary.
Penick replaces Lynn Mallery, who retired after 12 years as SECC president.
Penick has served in the SECC office since 1989, 12 years as executive secretary and three years as assistant to the president for black ministries and director of community services, inner city and prison ministries. Penick has pastored in the Southeastern California, Allegheny West, Central States and South Central conferences. Though Penick is the first African-American president in the SECC, he is the seventh black conference president elected in the Pacific Union in recent years, and the fifth to serve (two declined).
Penick commented after the votes were counted, "This is a historic day for the Southeastern California Conference.

http://www.adventistdirectory.org/view_Adm...AdmFieldID=SECC

Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
11330 Pierce St
Riverside, CA 92505-3303

Mail: PO Box 8050
Riverside, CA 92515-8050

Leader: Gerald D Penick, President
Phone: 1 951-509-2200
Fax: 1 951-509-2390
Email: info@secc-sda.org

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church