Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10635&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:31 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Palm Springs Cancels 3abn, And any other action news
Clay
post Aug 30 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

thanks for the added info.... if the pastor was outvoted that is a whole different wrinkle.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 30 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #47

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 30 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]148874[/snapback]

I agree Observer. Pastors often don’t rule with absolute authority,
The should never rule with "absolute authority." That is not their role in the Adventist church, though they often reach such a position by default because the congregation is not educated/involved. Of course, the should educate the congregation so that they let go of the false idea that the pastor is a local pope. doh.gif
especially when you have a congregation of well educated independent thinkers…and he was a temp. pastor at that.. He may have been out voted and it came to this. Difficult for me to pass judgment with the information we have here.
Of course, when the local congregation actually exercises its mandate, the pastor can't be blamed for their decision if he did his part in educating them.

According to their website, they have 93 members. On the average -- if this were not snowbird country -- that would mean 47 attending, but 30 or fewer would be ralistic this time of year. I wonder, though, if enough folks will travel to meet our modern "prophet" that they will have an overflow attendance. Still, it's probably not what Danny is used to. flirt.gif

If someone knew someone at the local church who is internet-savvy, it would be very good to point him/her to this site.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 30 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(lurker @ Aug 30 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]148863[/snapback]

Knowing these appearances are fund raisers and that people might be duped out of their money to line Danny's pockets in one of these meetings is I guess what bothers me the most. I think someone ought to be there to ask them a few questions in public. Danny shouldn't be the only one who gets to do all the talking.

This proposal, Lurker, reminds me of another event:

"OK, I made some waves at a White House tea party when I spoke out to Lady Bird Johnson on the Vietnam war issue. Well, my nightclub act was cancelled right after it happened. And several more cancellations followed. It's kept me off television talk shows for more than a year, too. They're afraid of what I might say, I guess.

But as far as the White House incident goes, I said what I believe, which is what the invitation had said they wanted me to do. But the newspapers made it seem as though I'd been rude and I wasn't.

I said what I thought and I didn't shout. And I'd say it all again."

Eartha Kitt

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 30 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 30 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]148890[/snapback]

thanks for the added info.... if the pastor was outvoted that is a whole different wrinkle.....

Seems like the pastor wasn't even present when the decision was made.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 30 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(lurker @ Aug 30 2006, 06:48 AM) [snapback]148863[/snapback]

Knowing these appearances are fund raisers and that people might be duped out of their money to line Danny's pockets in one of these meetings is I guess what bothers me the most. I think someone ought to be there to ask them a few questions in public. Danny shouldn't be the only one who gets to do all the talking.

IT'S CLEARLY WRONG FOR THEM TO BE ALLOWED TO HOLD A RALLY THERE.
IF THE CHURCH WAS INUNDATED WITH CALLS, WOULD IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE?
THE ONLY WAY THE "CHURCH" CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEN IT COMES TO 3ABN, IS TO MAKE A STAND ON WHERE THEY CAN JUST WALTZ IN AND SPIN THEIR WEB - IF INDIVIDUAL CHURCHES ARE WILLING TO OVER RIDE IT THIS EASILY, THEN WE ARE A SUNK IN OUR EFFORTS.
ARE WE TO SIT STILL ON THIS OR ANY FURTHER RALLYS?

(P.S. MY CAPS ARE NOT ON BY ACCIDENT furious.gif wallbash.gif )

I'm a little tired of being calm in all this whooey....

We have 9 days till the 9th. Well????????

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 30 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 30 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]148928[/snapback]

IT'S CLEARLY WRONG FOR THEM TO BE ALLOWED TO HOLD A RALLY THERE.
IF THE CHURCH WAS INUNDATED WITH CALLS, WOULD IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE?
THE ONLY WAY THE "CHURCH" CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEN IT COMES TO 3ABN, IS TO MAKE A STAND ON WHERE THEY CAN JUST WALTZ IN AND SPIN THEIR WEB - IF INDIVIDUAL CHURCHES ARE WILLING TO OVER RIDE IT THIS EASILY, THEN WE ARE A SUNK IN OUR EFFORTS.
ARE WE TO SIT STILL ON THIS OR ANY FURTHER RALLYS?

(P.S. MY CAPS ARE NOT ON BY ACCIDENT furious.gif wallbash.gif )

I'm a little tired of being calm in all this whooey....

We have 9 days till the 9th. Well????????

For what it's worth - the people who work on the road with 3ABN didn't even know that this was scheduled...

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 30 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 30 2006, 01:27 PM) [snapback]148926[/snapback]

Seems like the pastor wasn't even present when the decision was made.

Let me add a little more to this discussion.

IT, the temp. pastor is leaving the area on Sunday, September 3, as he has accepted employment in another State. He was only there for a temp. time until he could find employment after leaving 3-ABN.

During the time that he was their temp. pastor, the local congregation, its Board, and their local leader essentially ruled. There is some reason to believe that the decision was never presented to the Conference President, but that the Pastor's desire to have that done was not carried out by the local leadership. This may very well have been a situation where the actions taken were without the agreement of either the Conference President, or the temp. pastor.

I say again that we should not criticize the pastor.

Also, we might be just a wrong if we were to criticize the Conference President.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Aug 30 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

I just went to the 3abn web site and it is posted that 3abn will be at the Desert Hot Springs church on Sept. 9th. they have invited anyone in the area to attend. They sure didn't waste any time putting that up did they? They must really NEED the money.

Truly Blonde

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 30 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 30 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]148954[/snapback]

IT, the temp. pastor is leaving the area on Sunday, September 3, as he has accepted employment in another State. He was only there for a temp. time until he could find employment after leaving 3-ABN.

During the time that he was their temp. pastor, the local congregation, its Board, and their local leader essentially ruled. There is some reason to believe that the decision was never presented to the Conference President, but that the Pastor's desire to have that done was not carried out by the local leadership. This may very well have been a situation where the actions taken were without the agreement of either the Conference President, or the temp. pastor.

Also, we might be just a wrong if we were to criticize the Conference President.

I agree the interim pastor is not responsible, I am fully aware of what he did and why he did it - he didn't not want them there.
I am also in agreement that the prez should not be held accountable if it never made it to him - and therefore it is left in the elders hands and they have decided. Would someone quickly give them some further education? doh.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 30 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Observer @ Aug 30 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]148954[/snapback]

it seems he was attempting to do the right thing and was outflanked by those pesky local leaders... dunno.gif such is life and it is unfortunate.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 30 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Well, there was at least a cancellation resulting in a necessary last minute change. That is still a first and a step forward.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 31 2006, 03:40 AM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 31 2006, 02:15 AM) [snapback]148964[/snapback]

it seems he was attempting to do the right thing and was outflanked by those pesky local leaders... dunno.gif such is life and it is unfortunate.....
conference presidents don't always lord-it-all

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 19 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 27 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]148357[/snapback]

I don't know if or when it was canceled, but I wouldn't expect it to be taken off the website any sooner than tomorrow.

Isn't Danny out of town for quite a while...could that not be the reason it was canceled?

This is now posted at Maritime SDA

Annual Convention at the Tobago Chapter of ASI

Please join Danny Shelton as he has been invited to attend the Annual Convention at the Tobaggo Chapter of ASI

Friday, January 26, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
At: Sandy River SDA Church
Mason Hall
Tobago

Sabbath, January 27, 2007 9:00 a.m. Sabbath School
11:00 a.m. Morning Worship
2:30 p.m. Afternoon Service

At: Rovenells Beach Hotel
Crown Point
Tobago

Contact person: Mr. Diamond Andrews 868-639-3809 or 868-639-1227

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 19 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

i guess this is one of the reasons it was "inappropriate" for them to investigate things at 3ABN. These folks are worse than the corporate world!

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 19 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]171275[/snapback]

This is now posted at Maritime SDA

Annual Convention at the Tobago Chapter of ASI

Please join Danny Shelton as he has been invited to attend the Annual Convention at the Tobaggo Chapter of ASI
Friday, January 26, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
At: Sandy River SDA Church
Mason Hall
Tobago
Sabbath, January 27, 2007 9:00 a.m. Sabbath School
11:00 a.m. Morning Worship
2:30 p.m. Afternoon Service

At: Rovenells Beach Hotel
Crown Point
Tobago

Contact person: Mr. Diamond Andrews 868-639-3809 or 868-639-1227

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 19 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 19 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]171277[/snapback]

i guess this is one of the reasons it was "inappropriate" for them to investigate things at 3ABN. These folks are worse than the corporate world!

I'm sure it was written in the agreement to have this posted. Now it looks like ASI has sided with Dan. It's all politcial you know!

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church