Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10713&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:27:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Viewer's Version, Another side of the story
country bumpkin
post Sep 1 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,196

Hi All,
I’m the friend of Uncle Sam’s who thinks there is another scenario to this saga. As an avid viewer of 3ABN and not an insider, I will tell you the story from my perspective.

A number of years ago, Danny wanted to build a music studio and was repeatedly told NO! by the Lord. He continued to ask and was repeatedly denied and could not understand why. Finally in response to his request, he received permission, and the consequences are obvious to all.

Before the music studio was built, Linda used to brag in her subtle way about how she had Danny so rapped. He was always giving her foot massages, picking the seeds out of her water melons and was doing what ever else she asked him to do. She would even go so far as to say that she would cook for the dog, but not for him sometimes and that he would get food from the pot, only to find out later that she had made it for the dog. But the both laughed at it good naturedly and my attitude was that if it was alright with them, it was alright with me.

Shortly after the music studio came into being, the whole atmosphere changed on the set. First, a lot on Non-Adventists began to make appearances. Then Linda started making comments about the furs she was receiving and she started packing on the make-up hard and heavy, especially after the music videos started doing so well. She had always had to wear some since she was on TV, but now it appeared as if she were trying to appear 20 years younger. She use to appear on some of the “on location” sites without her make-up, but she began to openly show anger when Danny let a clip be shown of her without any make-up on. You could see the animosity building, but it was all coming from her side. The fire was in her eyes and he looked as goofy as before. He was still giving the same “thoughtless” comments, but now she wasn’t brushing them off. Now they were making her mad. And I can also tell you when that started. One day, it was their last anniversary program; Danny was talking again about how everything got started. And he made one comment that I knew was going to get him in trouble as soon as he said it. He was talking about how the Lord had told him to get the ministry started, and he was talking about how he and Linda were going around singing. He made the comment that, and I’m paraphrasing, ‘God told him that he need to go ahead and marry Linda and get it out of the way because He had a lot of work for him to do.’ Linda was taken completely off guard and said, “What did you say?” and poor simple Danny didn’t have the good since not to repeat himself and said it again. The fire that started in Linda’s eyes that day never truly left. You could see it simmering beneath the surface. Her pride was hurt and she couldn’t let it go. Even though I don’t know Danny, I know people and I can guess that he just brushed it off and didn’t make any more of it than he did of the other embarrassing comments he often made. But this time it was different.
Linda had someone who she could talk to about her problems who would lend a sympatric ear, and the rest is history.

And why do I believe Linda is not as innocent as she proclaims? The words came from her own web site. She said she went to Europe with a friend and when they came back the “friend betrayed her”. You can not betray someone unless you know something they do not want told. Maybe it was just a poor choice of words on her part.

And as to why I believe Danny is still stuck on Linda and is going to make Brandie’s life miserable also started with Linda’s web site. The only reason someone would write a na-na-na-na-na letter, would be to avenge a hurt. Now here is my scenario as to what happened.

Linda went to Europe with Brenda and Brenda saw something she didn’t like. She came home and told Danny and at first he didn’t believe her, but as time when on he became more and more suspicious. He tapped the phones and hired private detectives (per Linda’s web site) and heard something that took him over the edge. The love he had for her turned to a deep hurt, and he was not about to take that kind of rejection, supposed or real, without fighting back. And that meant finding a replacement. Someone who came to him to start a music career, with 2 small children, a singer, songwriter, newly converted to Adventism, and Brandy fit the bill. He just had to write Linda and tell her about it.

Now as far as who did what and who is guilty of what, only God and those actually involved know. So I will leave if for the judgment when all the secrets of man/woman shall come to light.

So do I think Linda or Danny are evil because of what happened? No. I think their hearts got lifted up because of the praises of the people and when the crisis came, neither would do what was needed to fix the situation. I believe Linda was emotionally set-up by the doctor but would not admit it and Danny was too proud and arrogant to forgive and play the man. Instead he played the fool!

But, that’s my version and I’m sticking to it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 1 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif thank you for making me laugh this morning....this really brought a much needed smile to my face. I like your style! spoton.gif

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 1 2006, 07:29 AM) [snapback]149187[/snapback]

Hi All,
I’m the friend of Uncle Sam’s who thinks there is another scenario to this saga. As an avid viewer of 3ABN and not an insider, I will tell you the story from my perspective.

A number of years ago, Danny wanted to build a music studio and was repeatedly told NO! by the Lord. He continued to ask and was repeatedly denied and could not understand why. Finally in response to his request, he received permission, and the consequences are obvious to all.

Before the music studio was built, Linda used to brag in her subtle way about how she had Danny so rapped. He was always giving her foot massages, picking the seeds out of her water melons and was doing what ever else she asked him to do. She would even go so far as to say that she would cook for the dog, but not for him sometimes and that he would get food from the pot, only to find out later that she had made it for the dog. But the both laughed at it good naturedly and my attitude was that if it was alright with them, it was alright with me.

snip.............................

This post has been edited by Clay: Sep 1 2006, 08:45 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 1 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #3

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Welcome to BSDA. For me, someone who is not an insider and does not know either one of them, your version of what happened is just as creditable as all the rest of stories floating around here.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 1 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Would make a good soap opera but no, that's not what happened. There are a lot of facts that you don't know that would keep that from being a possibility.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Sep 1 2006, 08:00 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Just one point. You say that because Linda indicated that a friend had betrayed her that meant that she had done something wrong that she did not want exposed.

Is that really so?

Think again! Jesus was betrayed by Judas. Did Jesus do anything wrong??????

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 1 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

country bumpkin? scratchchin.gif must be related to Danny..... this story would have us believe that Danny is clueless and Linda was mad because she was getting old and Danny was making insensitive remarks about their relationship....... alrighty then... I may be tired but I am not gulliable......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 1 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Bumpkin, you said: "You can not betray someone unless you know something they do not want told."

Betrayal often comes in the telling of a falsehood, that is probably more common than in telling the truth.

Bumpkin, your missive is simply speculation, with neither knowledge nor reason.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 1 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

.....and I have five bridges to sell you. One of them is very famous! I don't know if you have or not, but in your spare time, you might want to read some of the "insider" accounts. Danny is counting very heavily on your "outsider" account. He and his people have worked so very hard on it. I am sure, along with Simplysaved, you have also brought a smile to his face.

Just let me reiterate for you since you are new, and have not read t he many posts on the subject. It really doesn't make me any difference if Linda did it or not. The problem I have is how Danny and the 3ABN board handled the whole situation. It was not even civil let alone an example of chritian living, of which 3ABN claims to be. Danny came here and lied directly to the members here, not once, but twice. So basically I am holding him responsible for his own actions, not Linda's.
As for the rest, Yeah, I think I gotta take the word of insiders, than that of an admitted outsider. Your account only proves to me that you bought the spin. I don't mean that in a mean or spiteful way, just as it is.

BTW, Welcome to BSDA!!! We really are glad you are here. Hope you take the time to enjoy the rest of the benefits of our site!

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 1 2006, 06:29 AM) [snapback]149187[/snapback]

Hi All,

Shortly after the music studio came into being, the whole atmosphere changed on the set. First, a lot on Non-Adventists began to make appearances. Then Linda started making comments about the furs she was receiving and she started packing on the make-up hard and heavy, especially after the music videos started doing so well. She had always had to wear some since she was on TV, but now it appeared as if she were trying to appear 20 years younger. She use to appear on some of the “on location” sites without her make-up, but she began to openly show anger when Danny let a clip be shown of her without any make-up on. You could see the animosity building, but it was all coming from her side. The fire was in her eyes and he looked as goofy as before. He was still giving the same “thoughtless” comments, but now she wasn’t brushing them off. Now they were making her mad. And I can also tell you when that started. One day, it was their last anniversary program; Danny was talking again about how everything got started. And he made one comment that I knew was going to get him in trouble as soon as he said it. He was talking about how the Lord had told him to get the ministry started, and he was talking about how he and Linda were going around singing. He made the comment that, and I’m paraphrasing, ‘God told him that he need to go ahead and marry Linda and get it out of the way because He had a lot of work for him to do.’ Linda was taken completely off guard and said, “What did you say?” and poor simple Danny didn’t have the good since not to repeat himself and said it again. The fire that started in Linda’s eyes that day never truly left. You could see it simmering beneath the surface. Her pride was hurt and she couldn’t let it go. Even though I don’t know Danny, I know people and I can guess that he just brushed it off and didn’t make any more of it than he did of the other embarrassing comments he often made. But this time it was different.
Linda had someone who she could talk to about her problems who would lend a sympatric ear, and the rest is history.

And why do I believe Linda is not as innocent as she proclaims? The words came from her own web site. She said she went to Europe with a friend and when they came back the “friend betrayed her”. You can not betray someone unless you know something they do not want told. Maybe it was just a poor choice of words on her part.

And as to why I believe Danny is still stuck on Linda and is going to make Brandie’s life miserable also started with Linda’s web site. The only reason someone would write a na-na-na-na-na letter, would be to avenge a hurt. Now here is my scenario as to what happened.

Linda went to Europe with Brenda and Brenda saw something she didn’t like. She came home and told Danny and at first he didn’t believe her, but as time when on he became more and more suspicious. He tapped the phones and hired private detectives (per Linda’s web site) and heard something that took him over the edge. The love he had for her turned to a deep hurt, and he was not about to take that kind of rejection, supposed or real, without fighting back. And that meant finding a replacement. Someone who came to him to start a music career, with 2 small children, a singer, songwriter, newly converted to Adventism, and Brandy fit the bill. He just had to write Linda and tell her about it.

Now as far as who did what and who is guilty of what, only God and those actually involved know. So I will leave if for the judgment when all the secrets of man/woman shall come to light.

So do I think Linda or Danny are evil because of what happened? No. I think their hearts got lifted up because of the praises of the people and when the crisis came, neither would do what was needed to fix the situation. I believe Linda was emotionally set-up by the doctor but would not admit it and Danny was too proud and arrogant to forgive and play the man. Instead he played the fool!

But, that’s my version and I’m sticking to it.

This post has been edited by princessdi: Sep 1 2006, 09:10 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Denny
post Sep 1 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

These are The Days of our Lives........

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Expression
post Sep 1 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,145

QUOTE(Jvat @ Sep 1 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]149193[/snapback]

Just one point. You say that because Linda indicated that a friend had betrayed her that meant that she had done something wrong that she did not want exposed.

Is that really so?

Think again! Jesus was betrayed by Judas. Did Jesus do anything wrong??????

Well stated.

To betray is to break someone's trust in you. That does not exclude breaking the trust of someone by accusing them of something they never did.

--------------------
"When you start dealing with real change you are talking about interfering with those who are in possession of something."

"Silence enpowers the evil one."

"Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." Abraham Lincoln

+Quote Post
country bumpkin
post Sep 1 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,196

WELL!!!

I must say the animosity that exudes from you all is such that I think I will take my humble little self off this site and leave you to your hate. WOW!!! I just don’t have the words to express the shock!!! I couldn’t even read most of them before I felt my pressure rise. Personal attacks for a difference of opinion. I hope and pray I don’t personally know any of you.

BYE!!!

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 1 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Is someone a little paranoid? dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Denny
post Sep 1 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

Sorry you see a difference of opinion as animosity and personal attack, if you can feel free to stay and debate why you think your point of veiw is valid

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 1 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #14

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 1 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]149209[/snapback]

WELL!!!

I must say the animosity that exudes from you all is such that I think I will take my humble little self off this site and leave you to your hate. WOW!!! I just don’t have the words to express the shock!!! I couldn’t even read most of them before I felt my pressure rise. Personal attacks for a difference of opinion. I hope and pray I don’t personally know any of you.

BYE!!!

have a nice life..... thanks for sharing your ummmm view of things.... and no I am not sorry that some were skeptical.... as for the other.... you have not seen hate.... if your story can't stand a little closer examination, perhaps you might keep it to yourself.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 1 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 1 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]149196[/snapback]
this story would have us believe that Danny is clueless and Linda was mad because she was getting old and Danny was making insensitive remarks about their relationship

Is this really a new idea to these discussions? Think I read something simmilar on the 'pentecostal infiltration of 3abn' threads, ie Danny the pawn...

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church