Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10713&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:54:15 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Viewer's Version, Another side of the story
princessdi
post Sep 1 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You are right, Thomas. To those like country Bumpkin, "outsiders" Danny plays the victim. it is not new. As I said before Country Bumpkins analysis only proves that the spin is working................on some.

QUOTE(västergötland @ Sep 1 2006, 07:55 AM) [snapback]149217[/snapback]

Is this really a new idea to these discussions? Think I read something simmilar on the 'pentecostal infiltration of 3abn' threads, ie Danny the pawn...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Sep 1 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

hmmmm, I wonder who will give him his next pay chequue.

Just to make sure that he was describing himself correctly, I checked the dictionary.

bumpkin -- not very intelligent or interested in culture

+Quote Post
Expression
post Sep 1 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 2,145

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 1 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]149220[/snapback]

[color=#993399]To those like country Bumpkin, "outsiders" Danny plays the victim. it is not new.color]

Danny has played and continues to play the "victim." For those who understand abuse this is one of the clearest evidences that accounts such as Barbara's are accurate. Something we've all seen is the "victim" role that Danny has played on the set, at campmeeting, etc. Many have bought this side of the story, but for someone who has dealt with those who are abusive and controlling the signs are all too clear.

--------------------
"When you start dealing with real change you are talking about interfering with those who are in possession of something."

"Silence enpowers the evil one."

"Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." Abraham Lincoln

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 1 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Now, now, Ralph. We must realize that it really is difficult to think that someone who says they represent God to do such reprehensible things. Also, within Adventism, and chrtianity as a whole, we are more likely to believe the worse about the woman than we are the man if he is a leader. I have seen it many times. I have seen it where the pastors has physically abused his wife for years, the conference try to get her to stay,a nd them destroy her in anyway possible when she leaves, just to "save' his career. Danny only used a tired and true formula. He made Linda the villan. Nobody even ever hear do spritual adultery as he used it, but you see how far it has gotten him. He has a whole staff of SDA pastors compromising themselves, as well as GC, because they believe that 3ABN is getting the message out there. It would be such a simple thing for them to take that money and programming and switch to their own HopeTV, but they don't. Not even censure for Danny, no disciplinary action at all by the church he attends, why? Ok, I think you get the picture.

If all of these people who are our leaders are going along like Danny did the right thing, then what else is an outsider to believe. We look to our pastors and GC in situations like this for the right thing to do, to hold up God's standard, in such difficult times. If they are running around congratulatin' the new wife, and calling Danny the annointed and appointed, what is the rank and file supposed to believe? We really can't blame Country Bumpkin and others like him/her, it is a carefully developed master plan that has worked many times over.

QUOTE(Ralph @ Sep 1 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]149223[/snapback]

hmmmm, I wonder who will give him his next pay chequue.

Just to make sure that he was describing himself correctly, I checked the dictionary.

bumpkin -- not very intelligent or interested in culture

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Sep 1 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Denny @ Sep 1 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]149205[/snapback]

These are The Days of our Lives........

..."and so it goes..." ahh...life in Thompsonville, don't ya just love it?

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
inga
post Sep 1 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Country Bumpkin, welcome to BlackSDA. welcome(1).gif

I actually appreciated your post with portrayal of how you see the matter. While I don't altogether agree with you, some of your points doubtless have merit. It is unrealistic to view Linda as a totally innocent saint and Danny as the evil one. What has happened, I believe, is that due to the public defamation of Linda -- which was quite wrong -- many have taken Linda's innocense in regard to the accusations one step further and have deemed her innocent of all wrong.

Most folks here just disagree with you and their way of expressing disagreement does sound rather personal, and I'm sure they wouldn't do it if they were to meet you in person. Please try to overlook the personal remarks.

Please feel free to browse this forum further. There are actual testimonies of fact from folks who were actually there that may make you change your opinion on some matters, even if you don't begin to see Linda as a saint, which I rather doubt she is.

Stardom is not good for anyone's Christian experience, and I doubt that Linda is any exception. Her two years of feeling rejection have caused her to reexamine many things, I'm sure. And I believe they have drawn her closer to God. Whether this closeness will survive another stint of stardom only God knows.

Ellen White tells an interesting story of a woman who was very poor and struggling financially. She was very close to God but wanted to be able to make more money so she could support the cause of God. I believe it was through her hat-making business that she eventually became quite wealthy -- and she drifted away from God.

Many who can stand the test of poverty and/or rejection cannot stand the test of wealth and/or fame.

May God bless Linda with just what she needs to be of service to Him -- no more and no less.

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 1 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]149209[/snapback]

WELL!!!

I must say the animosity that exudes from you all is such that I think I will take my humble little self off this site and leave you to your hate. WOW!!! I just don’t have the words to express the shock!!! I couldn’t even read most of them before I felt my pressure rise. Personal attacks for a difference of opinion. I hope and pray I don’t personally know any of you.

BYE!!!

+Quote Post
inga
post Sep 1 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 1 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]149236[/snapback]

Not even censure for Danny, no disciplinary action at all by the church he attends, why? Ok, I think you get the picture.
Only the local church can "censure" a member. Not the conferec, the union or the General Conference can do that. And we know that Danny has the local church literally "in his pocket" because he pays the pastor and the members of the congregation So it's no wonder that Danny has not been dealt with faithfully.

I do wonder -- who is there to minister to Danny? He is virtually without any pastoral guidance.
If all of these people who are our leaders are going along like Danny did the right thing, then what else is an outsider to believe. We look to our pastors and GC in situations like this for the right thing to do, to hold up God's standard/
Indeed, and it would be wiser to welcome someone warmly and gently question, rather than to reject the testimony outright.

To be fair to "Country Bumpkin," he relates things he professes to have seen on the program. We can't argue with that --unless this person is not who he professes to be, a friend of "Uncle Sam." Perhaps "Uncle Sam" can vouch for him as being a real viewer of the program, rather than a deliberate 3ABN plant (which is how he has been treated). I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt -- especially since he posted reasonably, rather than with both guns blazing, as a couple of others have posted.

+Quote Post
icedragon
post Sep 1 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 918

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 1 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]149187[/snapback]

Hi All,
I’m the friend of Uncle Sam’s who thinks there is another scenario to this saga. As an avid viewer of 3ABN and not an insider, I will tell you the story from my perspective.

A number of years ago, Danny wanted to build a music studio and was repeatedly told NO! by the Lord. He continued to ask and was repeatedly denied and could not understand why. Finally in response to his request, he received permission, and the consequences are obvious to all.

Before the music studio was built, Linda used to brag in her subtle way about how she had Danny so rapped. He was always giving her foot massages, picking the seeds out of her water melons and was doing what ever else she asked him to do. She would even go so far as to say that she would cook for the dog, but not for him sometimes and that he would get food from the pot, only to find out later that she had made it for the dog. But the both laughed at it good naturedly and my attitude was that if it was alright with them, it was alright with me.

Shortly after the music studio came into being, the whole atmosphere changed on the set. First, a lot on Non-Adventists began to make appearances. Then Linda started making comments about the furs she was receiving and she started packing on the make-up hard and heavy, especially after the music videos started doing so well. She had always had to wear some since she was on TV, but now it appeared as if she were trying to appear 20 years younger. She use to appear on some of the “on location” sites without her make-up, but she began to openly show anger when Danny let a clip be shown of her without any make-up on. You could see the animosity building, but it was all coming from her side. The fire was in her eyes and he looked as goofy as before. He was still giving the same “thoughtless” comments, but now she wasn’t brushing them off. Now they were making her mad. And I can also tell you when that started. One day, it was their last anniversary program; Danny was talking again about how everything got started. And he made one comment that I knew was going to get him in trouble as soon as he said it. He was talking about how the Lord had told him to get the ministry started, and he was talking about how he and Linda were going around singing. He made the comment that, and I’m paraphrasing, ‘God told him that he need to go ahead and marry Linda and get it out of the way because He had a lot of work for him to do.’ Linda was taken completely off guard and said, “What did you say?” and poor simple Danny didn’t have the good since not to repeat himself and said it again. The fire that started in Linda’s eyes that day never truly left. You could see it simmering beneath the surface. Her pride was hurt and she couldn’t let it go. Even though I don’t know Danny, I know people and I can guess that he just brushed it off and didn’t make any more of it than he did of the other embarrassing comments he often made. But this time it was different.
Linda had someone who she could talk to about her problems who would lend a sympatric ear, and the rest is history.

And why do I believe Linda is not as innocent as she proclaims? The words came from her own web site. She said she went to Europe with a friend and when they came back the “friend betrayed her”. You can not betray someone unless you know something they do not want told. Maybe it was just a poor choice of words on her part.

And as to why I believe Danny is still stuck on Linda and is going to make Brandie’s life miserable also started with Linda’s web site. The only reason someone would write a na-na-na-na-na letter, would be to avenge a hurt. Now here is my scenario as to what happened.

Linda went to Europe with Brenda and Brenda saw something she didn’t like. She came home and told Danny and at first he didn’t believe her, but as time when on he became more and more suspicious. He tapped the phones and hired private detectives (per Linda’s web site) and heard something that took him over the edge. The love he had for her turned to a deep hurt, and he was not about to take that kind of rejection, supposed or real, without fighting back. And that meant finding a replacement. Someone who came to him to start a music career, with 2 small children, a singer, songwriter, newly converted to Adventism, and Brandy fit the bill. He just had to write Linda and tell her about it.

Now as far as who did what and who is guilty of what, only God and those actually involved know. So I will leave if for the judgment when all the secrets of man/woman shall come to light.

So do I think Linda or Danny are evil because of what happened? No. I think their hearts got lifted up because of the praises of the people and when the crisis came, neither would do what was needed to fix the situation. I believe Linda was emotionally set-up by the doctor but would not admit it and Danny was too proud and arrogant to forgive and play the man. Instead he played the fool!

But, that’s my version and I’m sticking to it.
I have some comments and some questions?
Concerning this quote?

"Before the music studio was built, Linda used to brag in her subtle way about how she had Danny so rapped." Did you mean "she had Danny so wrapped up? or raped?? not sure. I think you mean the first. is that correct?

As far as the the betrayal comment. this is completely illogical. the fact that linda felt betrayed does not mean she had done anything wrong. You are wrong for that. People can betray innocent people. I have been betrayed myself. People lie for various reason motivation, they also can misinform people thinking they saw something they did not. The fact that linda said she was betrayed is not an indication of wrong doing. Brenda could have spread false information about linda.

i do think you have hit on possible motivation for linda. A woman publicly humiliated by her husband on world television on more than one occaision. Then tells her that he was told by God to marry her because God wanted to get on with other things. This is a real blow to Linda as a woman. By saying this is a matter of pride is a complete understatement and unentimation of the situation. this is akin to saying I didn't really want to marry you, but I did it anyways because God told me to. That is not something you just get over that is a life changing statement. I think that vanity may have played a movitating factor that could explain any action on lindas part. that is fair

I would like to know how you know that Danny was told not to build a music recording studio by God. You also said that the whole atmospher changed. How do you know that? Also Concering Brenda "betraying" Linda. Do you know what was said and the event or statments in questions?

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Sep 1 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Some of the things Country Bumpkin said, if true, would sound more like what would have needed to have been inside stuff rather than outside stuff.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Sep 1 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 1 2006, 07:21 AM) [snapback]149209[/snapback]

WELL!!!

I must say the animosity that exudes from you all is such that I think I will take my humble little self off this site and leave you to your hate. WOW!!! I just don’t have the words to express the shock!!! I couldn’t even read most of them before I felt my pressure rise. Personal attacks for a difference of opinion. I hope and pray I don’t personally know any of you.

BYE!!!

Country bumpkin have you ever stopped to think about how verbally and emotionally abusive Danny's comments that he says on the air are? I have even witness Melody's shock and pain and some of Danny's comments!

It's bad enough to have it said in private, but on TV for the world to see and hear! Yes, if I was Linda I would probably have "fire" in the eyes.

As for people going to Danny to find out about something, Danny doesn't give alot of people the time of day. Danny doesn't always respond when questions or issues arise. So for him to talk about Matt. 24 not being followed is wrong and in my opinion a falsehood.

Danny what about the text: Lest you do it onto one of them you, do it onto me?

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Sep 1 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 1 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]149270[/snapback]

Only the local church can "censure" a member. Not the conferec, the union or the General Conference can do that. And we know that Danny has the local church literally "in his pocket" because he pays the pastor and the members of the congregation So it's no wonder that Danny has not been dealt with faithfully.

I do wonder -- who is there to minister to Danny? He is virtually without any pastoral guidance. Indeed, and it would be wiser to welcome someone warmly and gently question, rather than to reject the testimony outright.

To be fair to "Country Bumpkin," he relates things he professes to have seen on the program. We can't argue with that --unless this person is not who he professes to be, a friend of "Uncle Sam." Perhaps "Uncle Sam" can vouch for him as being a real viewer of the program, rather than a deliberate 3ABN plant (which is how he has been treated). I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt -- especially since he posted reasonably, rather than with both guns blazing, as a couple of others have posted.

Country Bumpkin called me after posting on here. She was very disappointed in the responses she got. She has been a long time viewer of 3ABN, she has never been to 3ABN. She says all she has learned from 3ABN's saga is from watching and listening to Danny and Linda.
She wanted me to ask why is it if someone has a differing opinion they are "attacked"? She feels that Danny nor Linda are innocent in this whole mess. And that was her point....

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 1 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Sep 1 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]149305[/snapback]

Country Bumpkin called me after posting on here. She was very disappointed in the responses she got. She has been a long time viewer of 3ABN, she has never been to 3ABN. She says all she has learned from 3ABN's saga is from watching and listening to Danny and Linda.
She wanted me to ask why is it if someone has a differing opinion they are "attacked"? She feels that Danny nor Linda are innocent in this whole mess. And that was her point....

she wasn't attacked....her view and rationale were questioned... just like everyone else who offers up opinions for consideration.... if that was her point then she is more than welcome to stick around and make it....

let me add that all views have been questioned at one time or another.... look at the early threads.... those making comments were questioned, put through 3rd degree and then some.... if your friend is going to post on a hot button topic.... expect the heat.....

This post has been edited by Clay: Sep 1 2006, 07:18 PM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 1 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #28

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Sep 1 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]149305[/snapback]

I do not think she was attacked, There was no personal name calling. Uncle Sam perhaps you should have warned her that when you put something out here, expect to be challenged, expect others to vehemently support opposing views. Country needs to get a thicker skin if she wants to voice an opinion here.

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Sep 1 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 1 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]149310[/snapback]

she wasn't attacked....her view and rationale were questioned... just like everyone else who offers up opinions for consideration.... if that was her point then she is more than welcome to stick around and make it....

There were some that were rather harse. I must say it does make some a little apprehensive to question things. There are always two sides. I don't know what all happened within the marriage and I don't have to. I don't know what happened with their "problem" and again I don't have to. I do see how Linda has/continues to be treated and that is my problem. I have written Danny on more than one occasion and told him he needed to just keep his mouth shut. He said many feel he should defend himself.

I don't know what is true and what is not but there has been enough doubt put in my mind that I want to at least see the evidence. Danny has put this whole thing out there for the world to see now it is time to put up or shut up.....

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 1 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Sep 1 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]149313[/snapback]

There were some that were rather harse. I must say it does make some a little apprehensive to question things. There are always two sides. I don't know what all happened within the marriage and I don't have to. I don't know what happened with their "problem" and again I don't have to. I do see how Linda has/continues to be treated and that is my problem. I have written Danny on more than one occasion and told him he needed to just keep his mouth shut. He said many feel he should defend himself.

I don't know what is true and what is not but there has been enough doubt put in my mind that I want to at least see the evidence. Danny has put this whole thing out there for the world to see now it is time to put up or shut up.....

well then perhaps you may need to review the evidence that is already out there for examination..... you can start with the grounds for divorce "spiritual adultery" and then move on to how he treated her during and after the divorce....... righteous people have nothing to hide....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church