Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10717&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:44 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny On 3abn 8/31/2006, comments made by danny about information online
inga
post Sep 10 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(steffan @ Sep 10 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]151191[/snapback]

if I was in that situation, I would have just kept my mouth shut - no letters, no references to anybody while on air, nothing.
That would have been the more honorable thing for Dan to do.

Does handling a situation incorrectly make a person into an incarnation of the devil?
No one here used the words "incarnation of the devil."

However, Walt Thompson, in a widely circulated letter, drew a parallel between Linda Shelton and her supporters and Lucifer and his supporters.

You also appear to assume that Danny's relationship with Linda is the main problem. Most of us realize that it's not. It functions more like a red herring to keep us from noticing the real problems associated with the handling of donor funds.
For example, his marrying a woman barely 2 years after his separation and with an age difference like that did raise questions in my mind as to whether he really knew that "perception is reality."

If you'll check around a bit, you can find out that he didn't wait 2 years to start keeping company with Brandy who "worked" for 3ABN, albeit briefly. Maybe someone else on this board can tell just when he was first seen with Brandy. I can't blame folks too much for assuming that a relationship with Brandy pre-dates his abrupt dismissal of Linda. It sure looked like he knew her before, judging by appearances.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
steffan
post Sep 10 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 10 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]151205[/snapback]

That would have been the more honorable thing for Dan to do. No one here used the words "incarnation of the devil."

However, Walt Thompson, in a widely circulated letter, drew a parallel between Linda Shelton and her supporters and Lucifer and his supporters.

After having read everything on this forum, are you seriously implying that all those storytellers don't think of him as nothing less?

You also appear to assume that Danny's relationship with Linda is the main problem. Most of us realize that it's not. It functions more like a red herring to keep us from noticing the real problems associated with the handling of donor funds.

Let's see. Clay writes, "my problem is with how Linda was treated." He repeated that in other postings. So that is not the main problem?
Donor funds? I'm sorry, but 3ABN is a private organization. It has a board of directors that I would presume know how things go. Yet what do I hear on this forum? Danny "owns" the board, the local church, the local conference, the General Conference - mainly because he has a wealthy supporter who will withhold funds from Global Mission? My wife spoke to Mike Ryan to ask him if this could indeed be possible. He denied it and actually laughed about it.

If you'll check around a bit, you can find out that he didn't wait 2 years to start keeping company with Brandy who "worked" for 3ABN, albeit briefly. Maybe someone else on this board can tell just when he was first seen with Brandy. I can't blame folks too much for assuming that a relationship with Brandy pre-dates his abrupt dismissal of Linda. It sure looked like he knew her before, judging by appearances.

My point exactly. 2 years was too soon. It should have been more like 5 or 10.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 11 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(steffan @ Sep 10 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]151247[/snapback]

After having read everything on this forum, are you seriously implying that all those storytellers don't think of him as nothing less?

Hal Steenson was once preaching about the Sunshine Skyway that crosses Tampa bay. One of the two spans had been hit by a barge and had fallen into the shark infested Tampa Bay far below.

IPB Image

A bus full of people shot right off the edge even after someone had desperately tried to flag the bus down. But the bus driver only put his foot on the gas and drove faster, totally mistaking the desperate screams of the pedestrian standing in the roadway.

Hal Steenson continued:

"We shout, "The bridge is out," when we see people driving in that direction. We don't whisper it."

Hal used that as a reference to preaching the Gospel. It's not something to be whispered. You shout, "The bridge is out" with a sense of urgency.

Well, I think the storytellers you mentioned are shouting "The bridge is out." They don't want unsuspecting people to go right off the edge. Unfortunately, the Adventist Church, like the bus driver, is just laughing at the foolish pedestrian and putting its foot on the gas. The results of doing that will be seen later.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 11 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 11 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]151278[/snapback]

Unfortunately, the Adventist Church, like the bus driver, is just laughing at the foolish pedestrian and putting its foot on the gas. The results of doing that will be seen later.

There will be plenty of shouting in 3-4 days. Stay tuned!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #80

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]151367[/snapback]

There will be plenty of shouting in 3-4 days. Stay tuned!

sounds interesting..... can hardly wait....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 11 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #81

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 12 2006, 03:42 AM) [snapback]151379[/snapback]

sounds interesting..... can hardly wait....

Am bursting to tell you, but I got to have some patience.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Sep 11 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]151382[/snapback]

Johann....stop torturing us! roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
cottageK
post Sep 11 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 2,127

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2006, 07:49 PM) [snapback]151382[/snapback]

How will we find out? Will it be from public sources? From here on bsda? Believe me, I'll be staying tuned.......! yes.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 11 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(cottageK @ Sep 11 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]151387[/snapback]

How will we find out? Will it be from public sources? From here on bsda? Believe me, I'll be staying tuned.......! yes.gif

You'll know, giggle.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 11 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 11 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]151390[/snapback]

You'll know, giggle.gif

Can't wait...

spoton.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 11 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(cottageK @ Sep 12 2006, 04:12 AM) [snapback]151387[/snapback]

There are plenty of media avenues available, and there is sufficient material to last for a long time. I trust BSDA will be one of those avenues. If nothing else, then to refer to where the material is available.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cottageK
post Sep 11 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 2,127

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]151397[/snapback]

There are plenty of media avenues available, and there is sufficient material to last for a long time. I trust BSDA will be one of those avenues. If nothing else, then to refer to where the material is available.

So, should I be watching 3ABN channel this week......? Would that be a source to monitor? Thursday Night Live??? 'Course maybe it won't come from 3ABN itself. Will just have to be vigilant, huh? uhm.gif

+Quote Post
msraccoon
post Sep 11 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 1,887

Johann, is 3-4 days a certain timeframe? Or could it stretch out to much longer?
You have certainly stirred the pot for us now!!!!

msraccoon

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 11 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 11 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]151397[/snapback]

Like a book written by Linda herself? That would afford a rather lengthy discussion.

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 11 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #90

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(cottageK @ Sep 12 2006, 04:34 AM) [snapback]151402[/snapback]

So, should I be watching 3ABN channel this week......? Would that be a source to monitor? Thursday Night Live??? 'Course maybe it won't come from 3ABN itself. Will just have to be vigilant, huh? uhm.gif

Depends on how long Mollie and co keep quiet. They may not permit Danny on the stage by then.

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church