Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10717&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny On 3abn 8/31/2006, comments made by danny about information online
sonshineonme
post Sep 18 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #106

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Lee @ Sep 18 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]152382[/snapback]

"WHO would benefit the most from seeing 3ABN "go under"? (quoted by "justme")

No one would benefit, except Satan and his evil angels. It would retard the work of God, bring dishonor to His name and many souls would be lost.

I disagree with you. You can not state a comment like "many souls would be lost". You don't know that. 3abn is a TOOL of God, that has been used in spite of the people running the place. That glorifys God in itself, do you not have faith to know that God will still get HIS work done?

Satan is waging the battle, because PEOPLE work with him to accomplish his evil, but we know that God wins the WAR in the end, and God is the one that cares for each of HIS children. We are sinners, who have an oppertunity to work with God - it's a priviledge, but it's not up to us to do it all. Keep that in mind when you give so much credibility to an ORGANIZATION. It is just a building with people and satelites. God is bigger then all of that man-made junk.

(edited) Let's not be of the "oh ye of little faith" thinking.

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 18 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]152377[/snapback]

I have been meaning to watch the Doug/Dwight Meetings (as you call them) but I always forget and it's almost finished when I tune in. I'll try to watch tonight. Kelly Smith Mowrer is a great pianist...she looks like she's thoroughly enjoying herself when she plays.

You can go to amazingfacts website and see the archives for each night. They post them about 2.5 hours after the live meeting is done. Each night is there now, but last nights video went heywire not long into it (3abn must have had some problems happening).

http://www.mostamazingprophecies.com/Resou...65/Default.aspx
for each nights presentation.
Keep an eye on Danny. He was on the first two nights, but not last night.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Sep 19 2006, 10:51 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 18 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #107

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback]152353[/snapback]

Johann, that is very interesting.... it is very much possible that someone else has been playing up all of this from the beginning to bring about a divorce and thus divide/destroy the impact of the 3ABN ministry.... scratchchin.gif
That certainly places a "new dress on this puppy" for sure....and makes more sense.... scratchchin.gif

3abn as a private business is only valuable if it continues to bring in money.... to suggest that there is a conspiracy to overthrow 3abn, one must overlook or forget that the current mess was started by the powers that be at 3abn in their public spin regarding Linda Shelton being let go.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #108

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Still makes more sense ...and was not my original suggestion...

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 18 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]152387[/snapback]

3abn as a private business is only valuable if it continues to bring in money.... to suggest that there is a conspiracy to overthrow 3abn, one must overlook or forget that the current mess was started by the powers that be at 3abn in their public spin regarding Linda Shelton being let go.....

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 10 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]151098[/snapback]

It is not impossible that someone else goaded Danny into using such unfounded reasons in order to get him out of the picture too at the end?

So, again.....

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]152353[/snapback]

Johann, that is very interesting.... it is very much possible that someone else has been playing up all of this from the beginning to bring about a divorce and thus divide/destroy the impact of the 3ABN ministry.... scratchchin.gif
That certainly places a "new dress on this puppy" for sure....and makes more sense.... scratchchin.gif

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 18 2006, 11:58 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Sep 18 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #109

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(Lee @ Sep 18 2006, 09:05 AM) [snapback]152382[/snapback]

"WHO would benefit the most from seeing 3ABN "go under"? (quoted by "justme")

No one would benefit, except Satan and his evil angels. It would retard the work of God, bring dishonor to His name and many souls would be lost.

Lee,

Doesn't it bring dishonor to His name to have the corruption going on in the name of christianity, unethical behaviour, and from what I've read, questionable fiancical management?

3ABN has been a great tool, however, to save face to the church, there needs to be major changes.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #110

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 18 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]152386[/snapback]

I disagree with you. You can not state a comment like "many souls would be lost". You don't know that. 3abn is a TOOL of God, that has been used in spite of the people running the place. That glorifys God in itself, do you not have faith to know that God will still get HIS work done?

Satan is waging the battle, because PEOPLE work with him to accomplish his evil, but we know that God wins the WAR in the end, and God is the one that cares for each of HIS children. We are sinners, who have an oppertunity to work with God - it's a priviledge, but it's not up to us to do it all. Keep that in mind when you give so much credibility to an ORGANIZATION. It is just a building with people and satelites. God is bigger then all of that man-made junk.

You sound like the "ya of little faith" type.

The Samaritan woman who met Jesus at Jacob's well was also a sinner. Talk about promiscuous! Not only had she already had many husbands, was most likely a prostitute, but she was also living with a man who was not her husband. And yet, Jesus used her testimony to bring many of the townfolk out to meet Him. But then an interesting thing happened. John 4:42 recounts:

"They said to the woman,'We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.' "

Yes, God is bigger than all of the man-made junk, an organization, but He certainly can also use the testimony of sinners, even the "sinners" who are in power at 3abn. Perhaps you should just let God decide when the time is right to no longer use the 3abn testimony to bring souls to hear Him for themselves. You could also give folks credit for having the brains to seek out truth for themselves once they get there.

When you haughtily threw out your "ye of little faith" type barb at Lee for her post, you once again showed me a spirit that lurks here too much of the time. Smacks of the If-you-don't-believe-the-way-I-do- there-must-be-something-terribly-wrong-with-you spirit. Very counter-productive on an open forum such as this, IMHO.

Now those of you who have that spirit can roast away at me as much as your little hearts desire. I remain dedicated to finding the truth in spite of it.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #111

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Good point....
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 18 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]152391[/snapback]

The Samaritan woman who met Jesus at Jacob's well was also a sinner. Talk about promiscuous! Not only had she already had many husbands, was most likely a prostitute, but she was also living with a man who was not her husband. And yet, Jesus used her testimony to bring many of the townfolk out to meet Him. But then an interesting thing happened. John 4:42 recounts:

"They said to the woman,'We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.' "

Yes, God is bigger than all of the man-made junk, an organization, but He certainly can also use the testimony of sinners, even the "sinners" who are in power at 3abn. Perhaps you should just let God decide when the time is right to no longer use the 3abn testimony to bring souls to hear Him for themselves. You could also give folks credit for having the brains to seek out truth for themselves once they get there.

When you haughtily threw out your "ye of little faith" type barb at Lee for her post, you once again showed me a spirit that lurks here too much of the time. Smacks of the If-you-don't-believe-the-way-I-do- there-must-be-something-terribly-wrong-with-you spirit. Very counter-productive on an open forum such as this, IMHO.

Now those of you who have that spirit can roast away at me as much as your little hearts desire. I remain dedicated to finding the truth in spite of it.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 18 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #112

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 18 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]152391[/snapback]

No one is interested in roasting anyone. Least of all me. What I said has nothing to do with "believe my way or something is wrong with you". Lee made a very black and white statement that required a reply. You see what you want to see.

You on the other hand seem to be so defensive, it makes me wonder what you have to be so angry about.

Keep it simple. God is and has had His way with this "organization" and will continue to.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #113

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 18 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]152386[/snapback]

You sound like the "ya of little faith" type.

So what type of statement is that?

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 18 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]152393[/snapback]

No one is interested in roasting anyone. Least of all me. What I said has nothing to do with "believe my way or something is wrong with you". Lee made a very black and white statement that required a reply. You see what you want to see.

You on the other hand seem to be so defensive, it makes me wonder what you have to be so angry about.

Keep it simple. God is and has had His way with this "organization" and will continue to.

I beg to differ. When someone has a different point of view on this board or asks the wrong question, far too often they are judged harshly. Some begin to charge that the poster is actually DS or one of his "minions" or phishing. Certainly they couldn't actually have an honest differing point of view. Country Bumpkin has been told she has low intelligence, that some are sorry for her because she is so slow to comprehend the truth.

Now, since I have questioned the attack on Lee, I am being defensive. Am I angry? Nope, just pointing out that making such a harsh judgement on Lee was inappropriate. What's next, that I am gong to be accused of being DS? My husband will get a chuckle out of that. roflmao.gif

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 18 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]152393[/snapback]

Then how about letting HIM decide when to bring it down - or not - in His own time?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #114

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

No you will not, your points are well-taken and it has been a bit edgy, putting it rather mildly, for those who have different perspectives.

The challenge in a situation like this is how to find a balance, allow for verity, and still allow those who have genuinely been hurt to express themselves. I have my own opinions about all of this, but I think the hope is to give EVERYONE an opportunity to have his/her say. I also agree that even if you do not agree, there is a way as Christian you can speak your peace without "making their belief of what you say" a "lithmous test" for being a Christian, because it is not. smile.gif

If you feel someone pushing things too far and is not following the Board Rules set out by Calvin, hit the report button.... smile.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 18 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]152394[/snapback]

I beg to differ. When someone has a different point of view on this board or asks the wrong question, far too often they are judged harshly. Some begin to charge that the poster is actually DS or one of his "minions" or phishing. Certainly they couldn't actually have an honest differing point of view. Country Bumpkin has been told she has low intelligence, that some are sorry for her because she is so slow to comprehend the truth.

Now, since I have questioned the attack on Lee, I am being defensive. Am I angry? Nope, just pointing out that making such a harsh judgement on Lee was inappropriate. What's next, that I am gong to be accused of being DS? My husband will get a chuckle out of that. roflmao.gif
Then how about letting HIM decide when to bring it down - or not - in His own time?

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 18 2006, 12:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 18 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #115

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 18 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]152394[/snapback]

It's a statement that reflects a thinking that says God can't do things unless it's this way...narrow thinking. Am I wrong?

A hard fact proclamation was made "souls will be lost". How can that be declared simply because of an organization that may not be around because of wrong doings? Have there not been many such things that have happened over the history of time? Has God been limited by these organizations to save people? That is what I meant by being "ye of little faith". Deciding that God can't save people if this organization is no more. This is God's work. He will use everything and anything, but is not limited to if an organization exists or doesn't' exist. I have a hard time with that type of thinking. It the kind of thinking that Dan thrives on and counts on for people to keep sending in those dollars.

If you see it as a "harsh judgement" then you read it the way you choose. Jesus said it too when people were narrow minded. We all need to open to the thinking that God is in control either way we look at it, and is not controlled by if 3abn is here today and gone tomorrow.

Why make more of it then it is? If you feel that you need ANY organization to exist no matter what's going on in the background to bring souls to Jesus, despite any corruption there is behind it, do you think that the ends justifys the means too?

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Sep 18 2006, 12:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #116

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 18 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]152395[/snapback]

No you will not, your points are well-taken and it has been a bit edgy putting it mildly for those who have different perspectives.

The challenge in a situation like this is how to find a balance, allow for verity, and still allow those who have genuinely been hurt to express themselves. I have my own opinions about all of this, but I think the hope is to give EVERYONE an opportunity to have his/her say. I also agree that even if you do not agree, there is a way as Christian you can speak your peace without "making their belief of what you say" a "lithmous test" for being a Christian, because it is not. smile.gif
If you feel someone pushing things too far and is not following the Board Rules set out by Calvin, hit the report button.... smile.gif

Thank you, Simplysaved! I have never been an expert at debating but I believe that when someone uses the tactic of demeaning someone with an opposing point of view it weakens their own position.

I know that it is sometimes hard to stay calm with such a hot-button issue, but when other posters are having their say they should not be attacked in the way that CB, Lee and others have been.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 18 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #117

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 18 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]152397[/snapback]

Thank you, Simplysaved! I have never been an expert at debating but I believe that when someone uses the tactic of demeaning someone with an opposing point of view it weakens their own position.

I know that it is sometimes hard to stay calm with such a hot-button issue, but when other posters are having their say they should not be attacked in the way that CB, Lee and others have been.

For the record; my comment was not at tactic to demean anyone. This is a discussion board. A question was asked. An answer given. My reply was to broaded a blanket statement, and if it was "demeaning" to Lee, my apologies.

Also, just because someone doesn't agree with you, don't interpet that as a tactic to demean you either, or as you say "be attacked". When there are words only, no facial expressions or gestures, comments could be misunderstood or unclear. To assume you are being attacked is unfair without more dialoge. JMO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 18 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #118

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Fair enough. We all need to remember to pray before you post.... smile.gif

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 18 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]152400[/snapback]

For the record; my comment was not at tactic to demean anyone. This is a discussion board. A question was asked. An answer given. My reply was to broaded a blanket statement, and if it was "demeaning" to Lee, my apologies.

Also, just because someone doesn't agree with you, don't interpet that as a tactic to demean you either, or as you say "be attacked". When there are words only, no facial expressions or gestures, comments could be misunderstood or unclear. To assume you are being attacked is unfair without more dialoge. JMO.

O.K. with all of that said....

Carry on.... afro.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #119

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 18 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]152396[/snapback]

It's a statement that reflects a thinking that says God can't do things unless it's this way...narrow thinking. Am I wrong?

A hard fact proclamation was made "souls will be lost". How can that be declared simply because of an organization that may not be around because of wrong doings? Have there not been many such things that have happened over the history of time? Has God been limited by these organizations to save people? That is what I meant by being "ye of little faith". Deciding that God can't save people if this organization is no more. This is God's work. He will use everything and anything, but is not limited to if an organization exists or doesn't' exist. I have a hard time with that type of thinking. It the kind of thinking that Dan thrives on and counts on for people to keep sending in those dollars.

If you see it as a "harsh judgement" then you read it the way you choose. Jesus said it too when people were narrow minded. We all need to open to the thinking that God is in control either way we look at it, and is not controlled by if 3abn is here today and gone tomorrow.

Why make more of it then it is? If you feel that you need ANY organization to exist no matter what's going on in the background to bring souls to Jesus, despite any corruption there is behind it, do you think that the ends justifys the means too?

sonshineoneme,
You certainly have the right to disagree with Lee's "souls will be lost" statement but it would have been kinder, in my opinion, if you would have used your skills in presenting the opposing argument I have highlighted in your post instead of throwing out the "ye of little faith" barb at her.

Sure, Jesus used "harsh judgement" with narrow minded people. The difference is He could see the hearts and, being the Son of God, our Creator and Savior, He has the right to judge others. I believe we need to tread carefully in this area.

How about if we let the Lord decide if He wants to use an earthly organization or not? If we disagree we could drop our ideas into His "My Ideas For Running The Universe" suggestion box. wink.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 18 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

It's happening again. we are getting our focus off Jesus and letting the "Enemy OF Souls" side track us.

We will do well to remember this:

Danny is not the enemy, he is cooperating with the enemy.
3ABN is not the enemy, it is merely the "APPLE" on the tree.
The "Serpent" has come to Danny and offered to make him indispensible in the work of God. He bit!
3ABN tastes sweet in his mouth. He will not let go of it. It wlll be his undoing.

In Africa they know how to catch a wiley and quick-footed monkey and "have him for dinner". (monkey burgers). They put the monkey's favorite food into a gourd that has hole in it just barely large enough for amonkeys hand to slide into it. When the monkey grabs the food inside the gourd his hand forms a fist. A fist wont come back out. The monkey is stuck because the gourd is tied to a tree. If the monkey would let go of his "prize" he could be freed and be on his way. BUT HE WONT LET GO.

Sounds like Danny at 3ABN! (still monkeyin' around with his "prizes".

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church