Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10733&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:54:44 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Security At 3abn, Necessity or Paranoia?
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 7 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 3 2006, 09:16 PM) [snapback]149506[/snapback]

3ABN has recently installed new security measures at the station including locks on the doors that only open with a little magnetic key. Did I mention that they require keys on both sides - meaning that you can't get OUT of the building without a key. Seems like a fire code violation to me!

They have also politely let the employees know that they have placed video/audio equipment throughout the building and it is set to record either by movement or by certain phrases.

I wonder if one of those hot phrases will be "On BSDA..."

QUOTE(Brother Sam @ Sep 4 2006, 08:25 PM)

Talking about locked doors and fires, maybe someone should find out who Danny went to high school with and died in the fire at Waco.

Could it be that Danny learned something from this schoolmate?

It interesting how many Schneiders attended Wisconsinn Academy.

HOTY, since the installation of this system you probably have had the opportunity to learn how it works. Would you please give us an accurate overview of the way it works.

I find the two posts I quoted above, along with others, to be an attempt to paint a rather stilted picture that is based on mere speculation and conjecture.

Now, I won't debate the installation of a new system. If HOTY works at 3ABN currently, it seems feasible that he would be able to attest to this. However, there is much speculation as to how the system works and it's potential for violating any kind of saftey codes.

It is not unheard of for buildings in need of high levels of security to require a "key" to get in and out of certain parts of a building. It may be due to the sensative nature of material held in certain sections or it could be a safety issue such as in a facility that handles deadly contagions. The building I work in has a lock system that requires us to use a little plastic teardrop shaped device (we call them fobs - why? I have no idea) to get in, and move from certain parts of the building to another. We wave it in front of a little box and the door is unlocked. There are five such doors in our building. We also have large metal fire doors at strategic points throughout the building. In the event of a fire the doors, held open by electomagnets, close as the magnets electrical current is cut. Likewise, the locks requiring the fobs are deactivated rendering the building fully escapable. To manipulate the system and insure that people would be trapped takes a very high level of expertise and experience with the system. With only the smidgen of information provided, and no follow up to more acurately define the system (installed at 3ABN) to point out its potential hazards, I am going to assume that the system is much like the one I experience every day at work. After talking with our building manager and maintainence man i discovered there are many safety fall backs built into the system to insure that no one gets locked in during an emergency. It seems to me that a similar system has been put in place at 3ABN and is completely safe for all of the employees.

The second quote was the first of many that attempts to weave together comments to paint a picture connecting Danny with a David Koresh follower. This whole discussion is thinner than tissue paper. As pointed out in another post the possibility that Danny and Steve S met was so remotely slim and since there is no video footage of such a meeting, no first hand observation of a meeting, to suggest there is a connection between Danny and a follower of David Koresh is simply fantastical. In a place that purports to have the facts of the case for people to come and investigate and make personal decisions - there should be no room for this kind of yarn spinning. As Calvin has mentioned in other threads in regards to speculative or fantastical claims the discussion should stick to only those things for which there is readily available evidence and information.

When I first entered this place (I suppose with both "both guns blazing" as Inga might say), it was posting of this nature that led me to completely question everything said here as a combination of fact, fiction, and myth woven into a picture that was only a pale shadow of the actual truth. It is also posting like this that keeps me in that same place as I continue to read and follow the discussions here.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 7 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 7 2006, 03:05 PM) [snapback]150544[/snapback]

Dont' be skurred, HOTY!

Hold me...

crybaby.gif

rofl1.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 7 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 7 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]150603[/snapback]

It is also posting like this that keeps me in that same place....

- fhb

What place was that, by the way?

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Sep 7 2006, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 7 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 7 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]150621[/snapback]

What place was that, by the way?

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 7 2006, 07:37 PM)

When I first entered this place (I suppose with both "both guns blazing" as Inga might say), it was posting of this nature that led me to completely question everything said here as a combination of fact, fiction, and myth woven into a picture that was only a pale shadow of the actual truth. It is also posting like this that keeps me in that same place as I continue to read and follow the discussions here.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 7 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

rofl1.gif

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 7 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]150616[/snapback]

Hold me... crybaby.gif
:rofl1

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Sep 7 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #36

Guests

If Danny is like David Koresh, we should get involved NOW! Obviously he is securing his compounde with all of this so-called security and what have you. I for one am still trying to absorb that the person who taught Koresh is at 3ABN. Why we were not made aware of this before?

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 7 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE(vonessa @ Sep 7 2006, 11:27 PM) [snapback]150634[/snapback]

If Danny is like David Koresh, we should get involved NOW! Obviously he is securing his compounde with all of this so-called security and what have you. I for one am still trying to absorb that the person who taught Koresh is at 3ABN. Why we were not made aware of this before?

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 7 2006, 02:57 AM)

"In 1979, at the age of twenty, Howell began attending a Seventh-Day Adventist (SDA) church in Tyler, Texas . Howell attended a church-sponsored revival meeting featuring traveling evangelist Jim Gilley's "Revelation Seminars." Gilley's multimedia events warned that the fantastic, frightening Apocalypse foretold in the Book of Revelation could take place soon. Howell was fascinated."

Next, I shall quote from the following Web site of the Revised Waco Chronology:
http://www.skepticfiles.org/waco/batf.htm

"In 1979 Vernon Howell was baptised into the Tyler, Texas Seventh-day Adventist Church."

First, when checking the source material used by PP there is no suggestion that Pastor Gilley baptised Vernon Howell (aka David Koresh). There is no claim that he was baptised at the seminar or even as a result of the seminar, it is merely a statement that he came into contact with Biblical prophecy in 1979 and was baptised in 1979.

Additionally, Pastor Gilley was in Tyler, Texas to do an evangalistic series and did not "teach" Howell anything other than what is traditionally presented in any Daniel and Revelation seminar. There is no insinuation that Gilley had anything to do with Koresh's eventual delusions of grandure in either source - it merely gives the name of the pastor giving the seminar.

Connecting Danny or anyone at 3ABN to the Branch Davidians (either Koresh or Schnieder) couldn't hold water in the ocean. This trial balloon/red herring needs to go the way of other unsubtantiated ideas in the process of this discussion.

- fhb

--------------------

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Sep 8 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 7 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]150603[/snapback]

HOTY, since the installation of this system you probably have had the opportunity to learn how it works. Would you please give us an accurate overview of the way it works.

I find the two posts I quoted above, along with others, to be an attempt to paint a rather stilted picture that is based on mere speculation and conjecture.

Now, I won't debate the installation of a new system. If HOTY works at 3ABN currently, it seems feasible that he would be able to attest to this. However, there is much speculation as to how the system works and it's potential for violating any kind of saftey codes.

It is not unheard of for buildings in need of high levels of security to require a "key" to get in and out of certain parts of a building. It may be due to the sensative nature of material held in certain sections or it could be a safety issue such as in a facility that handles deadly contagions. The building I work in has a lock system that requires us to use a little plastic teardrop shaped device (we call them fobs - why? I have no idea) to get in, and move from certain parts of the building to another. We wave it in front of a little box and the door is unlocked. There are five such doors in our building. We also have large metal fire doors at strategic points throughout the building. In the event of a fire the doors, held open by electomagnets, close as the magnets electrical current is cut. Likewise, the locks requiring the fobs are deactivated rendering the building fully escapable. To manipulate the system and insure that people would be trapped takes a very high level of expertise and experience with the system. With only the smidgen of information provided, and no follow up to more acurately define the system (installed at 3ABN) to point out its potential hazards, I am going to assume that the system is much like the one I experience every day at work. After talking with our building manager and maintainence man i discovered there are many safety fall backs built into the system to insure that no one gets locked in during an emergency. It seems to me that a similar system has been put in place at 3ABN and is completely safe for all of the employees.

The second quote was the first of many that attempts to weave together comments to paint a picture connecting Danny with a David Koresh follower. This whole discussion is thinner than tissue paper. As pointed out in another post the possibility that Danny and Steve S met was so remotely slim and since there is no video footage of such a meeting, no first hand observation of a meeting, to suggest there is a connection between Danny and a follower of David Koresh is simply fantastical. In a place that purports to have the facts of the case for people to come and investigate and make personal decisions - there should be no room for this kind of yarn spinning. As Calvin has mentioned in other threads in regards to speculative or fantastical claims the discussion should stick to only those things for which there is readily available evidence and information.

- fhb

And where was that at Hal?? 3ABN or your past employer.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 8 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Freedom @ Sep 8 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]150688[/snapback]

And where was that at Hal?? 3ABN or your past employer.

I'm SO glad you thought so too Freedom. I wasn't going to respond initially. As I read that I thought - yeah, like this person isn't at 3ABN...bad move on FBs part. Now it's time for him to get on and claim that he doesn't and that he didn't and that he never met DS - blah, blah, blah.

(Don't know if it's Hal, but definitely from 3ABN!) yes.gif

Oh - BTW - 3ABN had a fire drill. First one I've ever heard about...

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 8 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

To respond to FHBs request for info - just read his post. Amazingly enough, that's the way it works.

Amazing that he's never been to 3ABN. Simply amazing.

DS may spank you when he finds out you gave us too much info. bottom.gif

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 8 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Say it ain't so, HOTY!! FHB lied to us!!!!! nonono.gif
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 8 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]150780[/snapback]

To respond to FHBs request for info - just read his post. Amazingly enough, that's the way it works.

DS may spank you when he finds out you gave us too much info. bottom.gif

This post has been edited by princessdi: Sep 8 2006, 06:02 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 8 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 8 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]150780[/snapback]

DS may spank you when he finds out you gave us too much info

Well, I live thousands of miles away from you there at 3ABN HOTY - but when you gave the brief description it sounded like my own situation where I work - and talking to a number of my colleagues around the country, this system is in place all over and very safe when it comes to emergency situations.

Also, a business with so much expensive equipment, regardless of it's president's situation, would want to have some sort of security in place should someone break in and try to abscond with some of that expensive equipment - and would be a rather smart thing to do. Now, to the conspiratorial mind these actions can spin into the next Big Brother action - but how about that there was always a plan to do such and finally it did. You can't possibly believe that everything is not coincidental.

Thanks for clarifying.

-fhb

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 8 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]150814[/snapback]

Say it ain't so, HOTY!! FHB lied to us!!!!! nonono.gif

Now exactly how are you arriving at this conclusion. I lied to no one in any of my postings! How can you possibly believe that in all the world there is only ONE system that operates this way? I have seen many intelligent posts from you, but this, simply because I experience a similar system in my own work place - THOUSANDS - of miles from 3ABN . . . you are going to call me a liar?

It would seem you just can't abide someone seeking truth while being skeptical, and disagreeing with you on a few items.

- fhb

--------------------

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 8 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 8 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]150777[/snapback]

I'm SO glad you thought so too Freedom. I wasn't going to respond initially. As I read that I thought - yeah, like this person isn't at 3ABN...bad move on FBs part. Now it's time for him to get on and claim that he doesn't and that he didn't and that he never met DS - blah, blah, blah.

(Don't know if it's Hal, but definitely from 3ABN!) yes.gif
Oh - BTW - 3ABN had a fire drill. First one I've ever heard about...

HOTY,

You are right. I will say I am not there - and of course you will not believe me . . . impasse . . . you are more than welcome to jump to your conclusions. However, if you are as intelligent as I believe you to be, by some of your postings, then I would have to believe that if you took a minute you would admit that the system you experience probably exists in hundereds, if not thousands of buildings in this country or even the world. Realising this truth you would be able to accept that I do not, have never, and will not ever work at 3ABN.

Also, if you have read my previous posts in other threads I did say I had met Danny on one occassion. I have never meet Pastor Lomacang, or Shelly, or Hal, or Mollie, or Brenda. I have met Moses though because I was interested in the technology aspect of the broadcasts so I went and asked questions. Oh yea, I never met Linda either and she was in the same local as I was when I met Danny. Oh yea, never having been to 3ABN so I have never met you either.

- fhb

BTW, I added one to many zeros to my other post . . . I live 100s (many 100s) of miles from 3ABN. But, then I don't expect you to accept this truth.

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Sep 8 2006, 07:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 8 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

True, FHB, there are many facilities around the country with a similar level of perimeter security built to keep people out. As long as the 500 pound magnetic force that holds the 3ABN doors shut is released without the need to use any form of electronic or manual key from the inside, then there shouldn't be a problem. If it is built where there is any way that people can be locked in, I would view that as being distinctly cultish, and reflecting a dangerously criminal mentality of the sort that can lead to mass tragedy.

Perimeter security aside... how can that level of audio/visual monitoring of the employees be justified? Monitoring their conversations out in the parking lot? Sheesh!

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 8 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Uh, I was responding to HOTY's post that you might, indeed, be acquainted with DS. If you notice, I said, "Say it ain't so".. Now you have clarified you position, demographically,a nd that is fine for me. But you might want to take it down a notch or two.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 8 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]150830[/snapback]

Now exactly how are you arriving at this conclusion. I lied to no one in any of my postings! How can you possibly believe that in all the world there is only ONE system that operates this way? I have seen many intelligent posts from you, but this, simply because I experience a similar system in my own work place - THOUSANDS - of miles from 3ABN . . . you are going to call me a liar?

It would seem you just can't abide someone seeking truth while being skeptical, and disagreeing with you on a few items.

- fhb

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church