Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10861&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:53:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Somthing Interesting...
Freedom
post Sep 14 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 14 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]151965[/snapback]

Danny got Nathan hooked (LOL, pun inteneded) on fishing, and tried to do the same with my oldest son. I must say that Danny does cook up a good batch of fish, although somewhat bland. I prefer a little pepper with mine. He catches the fish from his own pond (built with 3ABN excavation equipment), cleans them, cooks them, and serves them (in the house largely built with 3ABN labour).

As to wedding rings? What do wedding and marriages mean anyway? A rings signifies an unbroken circle. That would not apply in the Shelton family, and indeed could be considedred offensive to them. Of course they are banned.
Fran, one of the stores in the 3ABN block is a 3ABN thrift store called the "browse Around Shop." Is there any staement on that?

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

Eating fish (meat)! Even catching the fish himself. Hey doesn't that mean killing the fish to eat it?

My Bible says, thou shall not kill - hey Danny that's in the "Ten Commandments".

As for wedding rings and Shelton's, I'm leaving that one alone!!!

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

Thanks for the laughter tonight!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 15 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Freedom @ Sep 15 2006, 05:41 AM) [snapback]151966[/snapback]

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

Eating fish (meat)! Even catching the fish himself. Hey doesn't that mean killing the fish to eat it?

My Bible says, thou shall not kill - hey Danny that's in the "Ten Commandments".

As for wedding rings and Shelton's, I'm leaving that one alone!!!

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

Thanks for the laughter tonight!

Now thats a bit unfair. Killing and eating animals isnt anywhere comparable with the ten commandment prohibition on killing.

deu 12:15 Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the LORD your God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it. 16 But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water. 17 You must not eat in your own towns the tithe of your grain and new wine and oil, or the firstborn of your herds and flocks, or whatever you have vowed to give, or your freewill offerings or special gifts. 18 Instead, you are to eat them in the presence of the LORD your God at the place the LORD your God will choose—you, your sons and daughters, your menservants and maidservants, and the Levites from your towns—and you are to rejoice before the LORD your God in everything you put your hand to. 19 Be careful not to neglect the Levites as long as you live in your land.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 15 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 14 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]151965[/snapback]

Danny got Nathan hooked (LOL, pun inteneded) on fishing, and tried to do the same with my oldest son. I must say that Danny does cook up a good batch of fish, although somewhat bland. I prefer a little pepper with mine. He catches the fish from his own pond (built with 3ABN excavation equipment), cleans them, cooks them, and serves them (in the house largely built with 3ABN labour).

I hope the donors did not build Danny a house he personally owns, "on the 3ABN clock"

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Sep 15 2006, 03:39 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 14 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]151977[/snapback]

I hope the donors did not build Danny a house he personally owns, "on the 3ABN clock"

Yes, they did Panama _Pete.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 15 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 14 2006, 11:16 PM)

QUOTE(Freedom @ Sep 15 2006, 04:39 AM) [snapback]151979[/snapback]

Yes, they did Panama _Pete.

Other than not being sure what the "on the 3ABN clock means," this seems rather obvious. Did Danny build a house with money he earned from his work at 3ABN? Of course. The same way HOTY pays his bills with money he earns at 3ABN. All of that money (HOTY included) coming in of course from donors.

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Sep 15 2006, 07:43 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Sep 15 2006, 08:22 AM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 15 2006, 07:42 AM) [snapback]151998[/snapback]

Other than not being sure what the "on the 3ABN clock means," this seems rather obvious. Did Danny build a house with money he earned from his work at 3ABN? Of course. The same way HOTY pays his bills with money he earns at 3ABN. All of that money (HOTY included) coming in of course from donors.

Don't know how HOTY got brought into this conversation..... but I'll just say that there is a world of difference between using the salary paid by 3abn for work supposedly done for 3abn to pay bills with and build houses with, and buy whatever one wants to buy..... and paying other employees to do work on personal items from the coffers of 3abn.

"On the 3ABN clock" means just that ... that an employee who is charging his time to 3ABN is not actually working FOR 3abn, but is working for Danny Shelton on items that Danny Shelton should be paying for out of his own salary.

Of course we all know that you can't stretch a 50,000 a year salary to cover the expenditures that Danny makes .... and the list of "perks".... including "free labor" and free use of 3ABN equipment is long .... but not all are aware of that, so it is well to repost some of those details once in a while .... just to keep the record straight.

+Quote Post
Servant
post Sep 15 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 889

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 15 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]151998[/snapback]

Several things are abundantly clear to those who have followed this saga as it has unfolded 1)
3ABN misappropriated funds solicited from thousands of trusting viewers 2) Linda was also responsible and is accountable as well.

IMO, even though Linda is the larger 'victim' in the Danny and Linda saga, Linda is also accountable, that being she was certainly aware monies sacrifically given were used for their personal advantage.

3ABN needs to completely clean house and begin with fresh, consecrated, christians at the helm.

This post has been edited by Servant: Sep 15 2006, 08:38 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 15 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Servant @ Sep 15 2006, 09:33 AM) [snapback]152004[/snapback]

Several things are abundantly clear to those who have followed this saga as it has unfolded
1) 3ABN misappropriated funds solicited from thousands of trusting viewers

2) Linda was also responsible

3ABN got rid of Linda so easily that it indicates how little power or influence she exercised over Danny or the 3ABN board.

Remember that 3ABN does have a board of directors, at least in a manner of speaking.

There are people on that board who understand finances. Don't you think Ellsworth McKee, chairman of the board of that Little Debbie company could have understood the 3ABN books if he wanted to? Don't you think his McKee Baking Company has accountants and finance experts? It's one of the largest baking companies in the world.

What about Bill Hulsey and his company? No accountants?

What about May Chung and her real estate interests. Has she no understanding of debits and credits and real estate finance or cash flow?

What are these board members doing at 3ABN if they have no influence regarding finances? What do they actually do ? What function do they serve? Are they blameless, or just safely in the shadows?

I totally agree with your major point, however, that 3ABN needs a complete house cleaning.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Sep 15 2006, 09:14 AM

+Quote Post
icedragon
post Sep 15 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 918

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Sep 14 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]151909[/snapback]

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif What was I thinking!! doh.gif roflmao.gif

Man this line of conversation is really stupid. It just seem petty and trite. who cares if 3abn has a subway resturant? Food is a health not moral issue. give me a break. when I hear this it make me think you are just gossiping and trashing on danny and 3abn for it's own sake. Its a sport and fun. 3 points if you find some trivial matter about 3abn, 6 points if you find something trival about the programming, and a whopping 10 points if you score a blow about Danny. GGGGoooaaaaaalllllllllll!!!!!! This is not worthy of talking about. sitck to the substantive stuff. like the moral, spiratual or the financial abuse. that is real stuff

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Sep 15 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Man this line of conversation is really stupid. It just seem petty and trite. who cares if 3abn has a subway resturant? Food is a health not moral issue. give me a break. when I hear this it make me think you are just gossiping and trashing on danny and 3abn for it's own sake. Its a sport and fun. 3 points if you find some trivial matter about 3abn, 6 points if you find something trival about the programming, and a whopping 10 points if you score a blow about Danny. GGGGoooaaaaaalllllllllll!!!!!! This is not worthy of talking about. sitck to the substantive stuff. like the moral, spiratual or the financial abuse. that is real stuff

Well then you totally just don't get it. I NEVER said that food was a moral issue or even implied that. What I am saying is IF YOU PREACH this on your network & YOU don't allow any of those said products to be brought in by your employees then WHY would you rent your building spaces or make money off someone that GOES AGAINST what you are PREACHING?? Totally does not make sense & to me makes you a hypocrite. If it is okay to have a subway that serves pork & other things they say are wrong then you better not be having any association with it IMO.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Sep 15 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(icedragon @ Sep 15 2006, 09:22 AM) [snapback]152017[/snapback]

Please don't think that many of us have missed the "point" you have made here by skipping back over a half-dozen or more posts on some of what you have labeled "substantive stuff" to get to the posts that struck you as trite. Remember the BSDA motto ... "This ain't Sabbath School .... we pay attention."

Besides ... if you would read a little deeper, and with a perceptive heart rather than a critical one, you could have seen that while those few posts may have seemed to be trivial, they were actually based on two VERY important facts of "life, the universe, and everything".

1) The human psyche can only take so much heavy burdensome "substantive stuff" without having to find release and connectedness with a little ironic humor that always lurks on the edges of such falsities as we find at 3abn.

2) THE basic point that we were discussing WAS a very "substantive" one ... and that is the total absence of accountabilty in the simple matters of having one's life in harmony with one's teachings. How many good, solidly married loving couples have been insulted by having to remove their wedding rings as an act of obeisance to the "gods" of 3abn who have dictated that the Adventist church is "in apostacy" because most of our married leaders as well as laity wear wedding rings. That would still be insulting no matter how pristine and pure those who made the requirements were ... but it is nauseatingly ironic for these "laws" to be laid down by those with the alleycat type of morals practiced by a number of the 3abn leaders. And you claim that our comments had nothing to do with morals? Read again. Think again. They had everything to do with morals.

And the only way to endure in the face of such insults to our intelligence is to be able to "see the funny side" and laugh a little bit. This is no game. If you are to label it anything, label it "therapy".... the therapy that helps us keep our perspectives, our sanity, and our focus on what is right .... as contrasted with the hollow sham of "right" that is "taught" .... but not practiced .... by the Danny Shelton Dynasty.

OK ... so what will your complaint be now? You find fault with my laughter..... will you now find fault with my intense seriousness?

It will be interesting to see.

In the meantime ... I'll go back and post the serious post I was working on when I saw your complaint come popping in ahead of me.

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Sep 15 2006, 09:33 AM) [snapback]152024[/snapback]

Well then you totally just don't get it. I NEVER said that food was a moral issue or even implied that. What I am saying is IF YOU PREACH this on your network & YOU don't allow any of those said products to be brought in by your employees then WHY would you rent your building spaces or make money off someone that GOES AGAINST what you are PREACHING?? Totally does not make sense & to me makes you a hypocrite. If it is okay to have a subway that serves pork & other things they say are wrong then you better not be having any association with it IMO.

Exactly. Well said. Together we'll get the message through.... bangin.gif .....

yes.gif

This post has been edited by watchbird: Sep 15 2006, 10:04 AM

+Quote Post
TLC
post Sep 15 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #27

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,150

[quote name='icedragon' date='Sep 15 2006, 09:22 AM' post='152017']
Man this line of conversation is really stupid. It just seem petty and trite. who cares if 3abn has a subway resturant? Food is a health not moral issue. give me a break. when I hear this it make me think you are just gossiping and trashing on danny and 3abn for it's own sake. Its a sport and fun. 3 points if you find some trivial matter about 3abn, 6 points if you find something trival about the programming, and a whopping 10 points if you score a blow about Danny. GGGGoooaaaaaalllllllllll!!!!!! This is not worthy of talking about.

You are sooo right! Has anyone checked lately? There's not even a Subway there anymore. And who cares if there was? uhm.gif

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Sep 15 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Well ... if we can tear ourselves away from the bangin.gif fascinating topic of diversions .... scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(Servant @ Sep 15 2006, 08:33 AM) [snapback]152004[/snapback]

Several things are abundantly clear to those who have followed this saga as it has unfolded 1)
3ABN misappropriated funds solicited from thousands of trusting viewers 2) Linda was also responsible and is accountable as well.

IMO, even though Linda is the larger 'victim' in the Danny and Linda saga, Linda is also accountable, that being she was certainly aware monies sacrifically given were used for their personal advantage.

3ABN needs to completely clean house and begin with fresh, consecrated, christians at the helm.

I would amend this to "fresh, consecrated, Seventh-day Adventist Christians .... not only "at the helm", but as new owners, directors, managers. The members of the Adventist church bought this establishment .... and they deserve to have it returned to them ... in full ... with everything that is still salvageable given over to Adventist ownership. That does not necessarily mean Conference
ownership. I have no problem in principle with an independently owned supporting ministry of the Adventist church. But I think those owners should be from multi-generational Adventist heritage, that the counsels given to us about not being too quick to work new converts into positions of leadership should be strictly followed, and that ALL Pentecostal/Charismatic influences should be completely cleansed from the place. That includes everyone from Rick Odle to Shelly Quinn to Mollie Steensen to those who are not even presently claiming to be SDAs.

This new organization needs to have a completely new charter .... clear lines of accountability drawn up, and accountability in all directions .... to the official church, to the immediate workers at 3abn, to the church at large, and to the donor/supporters of the new entity. That means solid business contracts ... not mere fuzzy sloppy 'agreements of support' which puts no obligation on the future 3abn as an entity. That means theological contracts.... in which the trained scholars of the Adventist church have the deciding say over programming (as contrasted with the untrained laymen and non-sda persons who are currently making decisions as to what to show and what not to show)..... and I do not mean scholars from only one segment of Adventism .... I mean a group of scholars which include representatives from ATS type conservatives, as well as those who call themselves Progressives or Intellectuals... and the various permutations in between those. That means solid business fiscal practices and accountability .... realistic wage structures and expense accounts, careful use of donor monies, even a sense of when to say "it is enough, we can operate on what we have coming in regularly, give to other projects of your choice"... .... especially it means not encouraging Adventists to short their regular church contributions in favor of sending their monies to 3abn.

If all that cannot be done, then I think that we as Adventists are going to be much farther ahead the sooner we "cut our losses", sever ALL connections with 3ABN, and proclaim that fact far and wide all around the world by every communication means we have at out disposal .... including but not limited to all other TV nets, all media centers, all print publications, and all conference communiques.

Will we have a great grieving time over losing such an asset that has brought so much to so many? Of course we will. But we won't get through that time until the "great divorce" has taken place.... and until we get out of the "denial stage" that keeps thinking some miracle will take place so everything will be "fixed" so that what has happened won't have happened anymore without anybody having to do anything.... or have anything done to them.

Sorry. Time moves in one direction only .... that of cause and effect. And so long as we do not change the "cause" we are not going to get any different "effects" than what we have now! And the longer we wait, the more of the same kind of "effects" we will get. .... just from the mere momentum that has been established.

The magic phrase as far as diversion of funds is not "who did it" so much as it is "We will do all in our power to recover as many of the funds as possible" and redivert them back to the purpose for which they were originally given. That promise gave the conference organizations who used it instant credibility in the aftermath of the Davenport scandals. The 3abn scandals are even worse than those, but a promise like that would go a long way towards winning the hearts of former 3abn supporters to both the church and whatever new entity is formed to "receive" the assets accumulated by the various 3abn entities around the world.

But absolutely essential to the implementation of such a necessary plan is that the official church leaders get off their do-nothing duffs and "lower the boom". I have heard excuses of all kinds as to why they do not ... most of them some variation of "the laity wouldn't stand for it". I think the "laity" is ready now to move. And it would be to EVERYONE's advantage if church leadership would at least step up to the position of being cooperative team members, even if they have already lost the privilege of being leaders in this reclamation project.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 15 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Watchbird, that was a very insightful, well-thought out post.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 15 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(watchbird @ Sep 15 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]152031[/snapback]

Well ... if we can tear ourselves away from the bangin.gif fascinating topic of diversions .... scratchchin.gif
I would amend this to "fresh, consecrated, Seventh-day Adventist Christians .... not only "at the helm", but as new owners, directors, managers. The members of the Adventist church bought this establishment .... and they deserve to have it returned to them ... in full ... with everything that is still salvageable given over to Adventist ownership. That does not necessarily mean Conference
ownership. I have no problem in principle with an independently owned supporting ministry of the Adventist church. But I think those owners should be from multi-generational Adventist heritage, that the counsels given to us about not being too quick to work new converts into positions of leadership should be strictly followed, and that ALL Pentecostal/Charismatic influences should be completely cleansed from the place. That includes everyone from Rick Odle to Shelly Quinn to Mollie Steensen to those who are not even presently claiming to be SDAs.

This new organization needs to have a completely new charter .... clear lines of accountability drawn up, and accountability in all directions .... to the official church, to the immediate workers at 3abn, to the church at large, and to the donor/supporters of the new entity. That means solid business contracts ... not mere fuzzy sloppy 'agreements of support' which puts no obligation on the future 3abn as an entity. That means theological contracts.... in which the trained scholars of the Adventist church have the deciding say over programming (as contrasted with the untrained laymen and non-sda persons who are currently making decisions as to what to show and what not to show)..... and I do not mean scholars from only one segment of Adventism .... I mean a group of scholars which include representatives from ATS type conservatives, as well as those who call themselves Progressives or Intellectuals... and the various permutations in between those. That means solid business fiscal practices and accountability .... realistic wage structures and expense accounts, careful use of donor monies, even a sense of when to say "it is enough, we can operate on what we have coming in regularly, give to other projects of your choice"... .... especially it means not encouraging Adventists to short their regular church contributions in favor of sending their monies to 3abn.

If all that cannot be done, then I think that we as Adventists are going to be much farther ahead the sooner we "cut our losses", sever ALL connections with 3ABN, and proclaim that fact far and wide all around the world by every communication means we have at out disposal .... including but not limited to all other TV nets, all media centers, all print publications, and all conference communiques.

Will we have a great grieving time over losing such an asset that has brought so much to so many? Of course we will. But we won't get through that time until the "great divorce" has taken place.... and until we get out of the "denial stage" that keeps thinking some miracle will take place so everything will be "fixed" so that what has happened won't have happened anymore without anybody having to do anything.... or have anything done to them.

Sorry. Time moves in one direction only .... that of cause and effect. And so long as we do not change the "cause" we are not going to get any different "effects" than what we have now! And the longer we wait, the more of the same kind of "effects" we will get. .... just from the mere momentum that has been established.

The magic phrase as far as diversion of funds is not "who did it" so much as it is "We will do all in our power to recover as many of the funds as possible" and redivert them back to the purpose for which they were originally given. That promise gave the conference organizations who used it instant credibility in the aftermath of the Davenport scandals. The 3abn scandals are even worse than those, but a promise like that would go a long way towards winning the hearts of former 3abn supporters to both the church and whatever new entity is formed to "receive" the assets accumulated by the various 3abn entities around the world.

But absolutely essential to the implementation of such a necessary plan is that the official church leaders get off their do-nothing duffs and "lower the boom". I have heard excuses of all kinds as to why they do not ... most of them some variation of "the laity wouldn't stand for it". I think the "laity" is ready now to move. And it would be to EVERYONE's advantage if church leadership would at least step up to the position of being cooperative team members, even if they have already lost the privilege of being leaders in this reclamation project.

A “NEW’ 3ABN …would be MOST welcome! And a new charter. Was this 3ABN chartered to be a business or a ministry?

All new officers and talent.

Has anybody considered an action against 3ABN such as a “CLASS ACTION SUIT” brought by Financial Supporters Who Have “Tithe and Offerings” Receipts in their home file cabinets?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:53 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church