Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10942&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:26:47 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Will Wait Patiently..., but I would rather not
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 18 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

Okay - Okay

I keep reading that we need to wait just a few days for a big revelation at 3ABN.

Well I for one am getting antsy. So what gives? Is it happening or not? dunno.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 18 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 18 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]152508[/snapback]

Okay - Okay

I keep reading that we need to wait just a few days for a big revelation at 3ABN.

Well I for one am getting antsy. So what gives? Is it happening or not? dunno.gif

Now HOTY, you know patience is a Virtue? Don't you want to be virtuous?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 18 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 18 2006, 11:35 PM) [snapback]152509[/snapback]

Now HOTY, you know patience is a Virtue? Don't you want to be virtuous?

Darn - I know the correct answer - but I just don't wanna!

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 18 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Breathe, HOTY, Breathe....You can do it.....Breathe............. cloud9.gif
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 18 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]152510[/snapback]

Darn - I know the correct answer - but I just don't wanna!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 19 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

Im wondering, if someone prophesies that within so and so many days X is going to happen and then so and so many days goes past and double that and X has still not happened. Then, is the prophet or the prophecy wrong? Would such cast doubt on the prophet when the prophecies do not add up? Does it make a difference what the circumbstances are?

Questions, questions...

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 19 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(västergötland @ Sep 19 2006, 08:52 AM) [snapback]152520[/snapback]

Im wondering, if someone prophesies that within so and so many days X is going to happen and then so and so many days goes past and double that and X has still not happened. Then, is the prophet or the prophecy wrong? Would such cast doubt on the prophet when the prophecies do not add up? Does it make a difference what the circumbstances are?

Questions, questions...

I merely get a glimpse of what is going on, watching through a slit from the outside. I now see a delay, partly due to technical problems. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 19 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

If it happens too soon will it affect the meeting at PMC?

Do they stilll need 3ABN to finish taping and broadcasting the "Most Amazing Prophecies"?

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Sep 19 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 19 2006, 05:53 AM) [snapback]152527[/snapback]

I merely get a glimpse of what is going on, watching through a slit from the outside. I now see a delay, partly due to technical problems. . .

And those technical problems are?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 19 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 19 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]152538[/snapback]

If it happens too soon will it affect the meeting at PMC?

Do they stilll need 3ABN to finish taping and broadcasting the "Most Amazing Prophecies"?

All of the equipment and staff are still there. One person is not indispensable.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Sep 19 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #10

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 19 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]152541[/snapback]

All of the equipment and staff are still there. One person is not indispensable.

so true, Johann...God's work WILL continue with or without 3ABN. There is no denying that 3ABN is a great avenue for reaching souls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ...but it is not the only vehicle that can be used for this purpose.

I know that here in the Virgin Islands, the church members are blissfully unaware of all the "behind the scenes" goings on at 3ABN. They knew Dan and Linda had split up...and they now know that he has married a much younger wife...but I'm not sure that they are aware of the "spiritual adultery" reason that has been offered as the motive for the break between Danny and Linda. The rumor here was that Linda left Danny and ran off with someone. I don't know how it got started or how it made its way to the Virgin Islands...but the brethren here are still watching and financially supporting 3ABN.

3ABN is very, very popular here. Both local cable systems in the VI are carrying 3ABN, and a local Christian radio station (owned by an Adventist) is a 3ABN radio affiliate. I have personally received calls in the media ministry department of my church from non-SDAs who, after watching various programs on the network, are interested in further study and materials...but that doesn't negate the fact that the house of 3ABN needs to be put in order.

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Sep 19 2006, 09:12 AM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 19 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]152545[/snapback]

so true, Johann...God's work WILL continue with or without 3ABN. There is no denying that 3ABN is a great avenue for reaching souls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ...but it is not the only vehicle that can be used for this purpose.

I know that here in the Virgin Islands, the church members are blissfully unaware of all the "behind the scenes" goings on at 3ABN. They knew Dan and Linda had split up...and they now know that he has married a much younger wife...but I'm not sure that they are aware of the "spiritual adultery" reason that has been offered as the motive for the break between Danny and Linda. The rumor here was that Linda left Danny and ran off with someone. I don't know how it got started or how it made its way to the Virgin Islands...but the brethren here are still watching and financially supporting 3ABN.

It got started by the announcements made on the 3ABN website at the time, and explicitly on worldwide TV by Danny himself. Probably a most significant moment came at the June 2004 3ABN Campmeeting when Danny pointed to Johann and Arild in the congregation, calling them "demons", the men who had "stolen my wife from me", and then turned to Mark Finley and asked him to pray that God would bring Linda back to him. We now know, of course, that Linda had not even left Danny at that time..... that she was only not at the campmeeting because Danny had made it very plain that he wanted her to be absent. And we also know that the two men were a very well respected and proper Adventist administrator and doctor, respectively. And that Danny in fact was trying to get rid of Linda and did not even want Mark's prayer to be answered affirmatively. But how could the congregation know that.... either the one physically at the 3ABN Campmeeting or those watching live all around the world. How would ANY of us know the truth had not Johann been willing to stand up.... and keep standing up.... for Linda not only then, but until this very day!

3ABN is very, very popular here. Both local cable systems in the VI are carrying 3ABN, and a local Christian radio station (owned by an Adventist) is a 3ABN radio affiliate. I have personally received calls in the media ministry department of my church from non-SDAs who, after watching various programs on the network, are interested in further study and materials...but that doesn't negate the fact that the house of 3ABN needs to be put in order.

I think you have demonstrated one reason that we have to continue to spread the word of truth about 3ABN so that more may hear things gradually rather than being hit with a larger shock than they can handle. So patience is still the order of the day ... so sorry HOTY .... I also am one who tends to pray the "patience prayer" in terms of "Lord GIVE me PATIENCE.... RIGHT NOW!"

But as we said so often a few months ago and have neglected to reiterate recently .... the wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind exceeding small. Justice will come. God does rule. There are many aspects to the "grinding process" that we cannot be privy to, nor can we make public all that we know is going on. Our role is to keep spreading the information, a little bit at a time, as people can bear it. When the time is right, God will bring about a more drastic information explosion, and finally an even more action oriented "explosion".

In the meantime, do not weary. We know Whose side we are on. And we know He will not forever allow his name to be "taken in vain" as we have seen it handled at 3ABN ... and not only merely by Danny Shelton.

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 19 2006, 06:53 AM) [snapback]152527[/snapback]

QUOTE(Freedom @ Sep 19 2006, 07:59 AM) [snapback]152540[/snapback]

And those technical problems are?

Well ....... maybe "technical" wasn't the best choice of words. Not sure how to supply a better word though, without telling Danny too much. So perhaps we should just say once again .... it's a matter of waiting and using the time to develop our patience.

+Quote Post
messenger
post Sep 19 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #12

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,772

About patience - here is practical definition:

Patience is accepting a difficult situation without giving God a deadline to remove it.

Yet, the cry from the hearts of many of those who have been wounded and hurt by the 3abn "steamroller" is still, How long, O Lord, holy and true, doest thou not judge....? (see Revelation 6:10).

What an opportunity to join in intercessory prayer for the convicting power of the Holy Spirit as sin, wrong, and injustice are being exposed. Remember, sin is like a cancer...it is not until it is diagnosed that it can be treated. Only when sin and wrong are exposed can Jesus as our Great Physician bring healing. This applies to both individuals, organizations,and movements.
When sin is deliberately hidden and covered up, God cannot be glorified. But when sin is acknowledged, confessed, and repented of - then God can truly be glorified. Isn't this also part of the three angels' messages - Fear God, and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment is come?

Let not anyone proclaiming the "judgment hour message" resist when the judgment comes to their own house.

About patience - here is practical definition:

Patience is accepting a difficult situation without giving God a deadline to remove it.

Yet, the cry from the hearts of many of those who have been wounded and hurt by the 3abn "steamroller" is still, How long, O Lord, holy and true, doest thou not judge....? (see Revelation 6:10).

What an opportunity to join in intercessory prayer for the convicting power of the Holy Spirit as sin, wrong, and injustice are being exposed. Remember, sin is like a cancer...it is not until it is diagnosed that it can be treated. Only when sin and wrong are exposed can Jesus as our Great Physician bring healing. This applies to both individuals, organizations,and movements.
When sin is deliberately hidden and covered up, God cannot be glorified. But when sin is acknowledged, confessed, and repented of - then God can truly be glorified. Isn't this also part of the three angels' messages - Fear God, and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment is come?

Let not anyone proclaiming the "judgment hour message" resist when the judgment comes to their own house.

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Sep 19 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

Quote for the day: clapping.gif

"In the annals of human history, the growth of nations, the rise and fall of empires, appear as if dependent on the will and prowess of man; the shaping of events seems, to a great degree, to be determined by his power, ambition, or caprice. But in the word of God the curtain is drawn aside, and we behold, above, behind, and through all the play and counterplay of human interest and power and passions, the agencies of the All-merciful One, silently, patiently working out the counsels of His own will." -- Prophets and Kings, 499

Now THAT'S a promise! yes.gif

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Sep 19 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

I must say, I am still not sure who is telling the truth. When I read here I can see where this could be true than I hear the ther side and I can see their side. It is all very confusing for me. I wish all of this would come to a head so it could be easier to see. One thing that I struggle with is, at "the campmeeting" and shortly thereafter, Danny looked sincerely sad and hurt, is he THAT good of an actor?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Sep 19 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Sep 19 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback]152572[/snapback]

I must say, I am still not sure who is telling the truth. When I read here I can see where this could be true than I hear the ther side and I can see their side. It is all very confusing for me. I wish all of this would come to a head so it could be easier to see. One thing that I struggle with is, at "the campmeeting" and shortly thereafter, Danny looked sincerely sad and hurt, is he THAT good of an actor?

Yes, indeed.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church