Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10942&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:14 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Will Wait Patiently..., but I would rather not
Richard Sherwin
post Sep 20 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

At least at the 2nd coming we know WHAT will happen clap.gif With this situation we don't know what OR when uhm.gif

Richard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 20 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #32

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

You got that right Richard!

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Sep 20 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 20 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]152831[/snapback]

Wow, this anticipation, like waiting for the second coming! yes.gif

rofl1.gif Ah yes ... the Blessed Hope ... for which we all await, and which has been announced as "soon" ever since the time of Paul the Apostle.

But it is sure...... and it is also sure that all wickedness will meet its complete end at that time.

Will some wickedness be brought to an end before that time? Will God act in magnificant and obvious ways as he did in the days of Korah or Annanias and Sapphira, or Herod, who allowed people to acclaim him as speaking with the voice of God?

Or will God allow wickedness to work itself out to the end, providing a testing gound for some, a stumbling block for others, and in general demonstrating how evil looks when clothed in "garments of light". After all, God said it would happen..... so someone has to do it.

It's one of those "stay tuned" situations.

TVsnack.gif

But really ... Psalm 73 says it all.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 20 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #34

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

You got quite a flare for words there Watchbird and an imagination too. Never would have read all this into whatever is suppose to be coming about 3ABN.

+Quote Post
howdy
post Sep 20 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

sigh

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 20 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 21 2006, 03:58 AM) [snapback]152831[/snapback]

Wow, this anticipation, like waiting for the second coming! yes.gif
It would have been a good thing if the secound comming where to create this much anticipation. And perhaps it would be a good thing if the 3abn story would experience the kind of fatigue that the expectation of the secound comming is experiencing..

This post has been edited by västergötland: Sep 20 2006, 11:55 PM

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 21 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(västergötland @ Sep 21 2006, 12:52 AM) [snapback]152848[/snapback]

It would have been a good thing if the secound comming where to create this much anticipation. And perhaps it would be a good thing if the 3abn story would experience the kind of fatigue that the expectation of the secound comming is experiencing..

What I keep thinking back to is the origianl statement which claimed that Linda had already been vindicated, "Linda HAS been vindicated!"

If that is the case and the vindication has happened (and it isn't some sort of self-vindication) then why can it not be public knowledge - or why isn't it already public knowledge. It seems that the public would need to know for it to be a real vindication.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 21 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 21 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]152863[/snapback]

What I keep thinking back to is the origianl statement which claimed that Linda had already been vindicated, "Linda HAS been vindicated!"

Whatever you do, don't stop thinking...

If that is the case and the vindication has happened (and it isn't some sort of self-vindication) then why can it not be public knowledge - or why isn't it already public knowledge. It seems that the public would need to know for it to be a real vindication.

I thought the name of this thread was "I will wait patiently"?
Have you ever thought about all the things you don't know about yet, that you will know at some point? Is a pot of stew done when all the ingredients are first tossed into the pot and the heat is just turned on?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 21 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

fhb>What I keep thinking back to is the origianl statement which claimed that Linda had already been vindicated, "Linda HAS been vindicated!"

ssom>>Whatever you do, don't stop thinking...

fhb>If that is the case and the vindication has happened (and it isn't some sort of self-vindication) then why can it not be public knowledge - or why isn't it already public knowledge. It seems that the public would need to know for it to be a real vindication.

ssom>>I thought the name of this thread was "I will wait patiently"?
Have you ever thought about all the things you don't know about yet, that you will know at some point? Is a pot of stew done when all the ingredients are first tossed into the pot and the heat is just turned on?

Either she has or she hasn't. If she hasn't then there is nothing to tell and people need to "fess up." If she has then it should be public knowledge.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not waiting on pins and needles. Personally, I don't believe anything of significance has happened - but people are being "mesmerized" with tantalizing "prophesies" and cryptic comments designed to titillate. To quote Bill Moyers:

“Once you decide to titillate instead of illuminate... you create a climate of expectation that requires a higher and higher level of intensity."

- fhb

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 21 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

How long does it take to cook a 3abn stew?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 21 2006, 08:53 AM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(västergötland @ Sep 21 2006, 07:51 AM) [snapback]152868[/snapback]

How long does it take to cook a 3abn stew?

Until it's done.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 21 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 21 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]152867[/snapback]

Either she has or she hasn't. If she hasn't then there is nothing to tell and people need to "fess up." If she has then it should be public knowledge.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not waiting on pins and needles. Personally, I don't believe anything of significance has happened - but people are being "mesmerized" with tantalizing "prophesies" and cryptic comments designed to titillate. To quote Bill Moyers:

“Once you decide to titillate instead of illuminate... you create a climate of expectation that requires a higher and higher level of intensity."

- fhb

- fhb

Will it help you for me to say "yes, she is being vindicated" but "no, you can't know everything you want to know at this point"? No matter what anybody tells you or anyone, it won't change anything at this minute.

You can believe what you want, either way - that nothing of significance has happened or that people are being mesmerized etc. It makes no difference. Truth is truth, it is coming together. And it would have been a wise thing for Danny and the Board to have never done this in the first place, because it will be much worse now.

Human beings are impatient. It's never easy to wait. It's like knowing you are getting something for Christmas because you saw the wrapped box in your parents closet and you are just dieing to open it, you don't know what's inside....but you still have to wait. There is no harm in anticipation or waiting. And if you don't want to your present, you don't have to take it. It is still there, none the less.

--------------------

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 21 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 21 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]152873[/snapback]

Will it help you for me to say "yes, she is being vindicated" but "no, you can't know everything you want to know at this point"? No matter what anybody tells you or anyone, it won't change anything at this minute.

You can believe what you want, either way - that nothing of significance has happened or that people are being mesmerized etc. It makes no difference. Truth is truth, it is coming together. And it would have been a wise thing for Danny and the Board to have never done this in the first place, because it will be much worse now.

Human beings are impatient. It's never easy to wait. It's like knowing you are getting something for Christmas because you saw the wrapped box in your parents closet and you are just dieing to open it, you don't know what's inside....but you still have to wait. There is no harm in anticipation or waiting. And if you don't want to your present, you don't have to take it. It is still there, none the less.

I guess we're just holding it up to our ear and "shaking" it a little to see what's coming inside the box.

Just like at Christmse, it's worth the waiting, usually. But it's all bout the anticipation, that makes it so special and unforgetable.

shake
shake
shake clapping.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 21 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 21 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]152867[/snapback]

Once you decide to titillate instead of illuminate... you create a climate of expectation that requires a higher and higher level of intensity."

- fhb

- fhb

like that quote, may have to use it.... and personally I would agree that there has been a degree of titillation with this saga..... btjm....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 21 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

Could it be that even the angels are standing on the four corners of the fiasco of 3ABN, waiting for some to forsake their wrongs and make things right, so that the wind should not completely destroy the whole of 3ABN when "He just is not done with them yet?" God wants to save us all, even Danny, but the day of destruction will come. We have to remember that Jesus did not die to destroy us all--He died to save us all. Maybe He is waiting for those at 3ABN to come to seek forgiveness, but He will not wait forever. Along with the rest of you, I am anxious to see all this 3ABN lawlessness come to an end. It is hard for us to be patient when we know so many people have been hurt.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church