Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10942&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:28 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Will Wait Patiently..., but I would rather not
JesseB
post Sep 28 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #121

Welcome Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,986

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 27 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]154130[/snapback]

LOL! Not saying they did, just saying they can. In fact, I would be shocked if they tried to use a Citation VI for a transcontinental flight. To my knowledge they never have. Generally the company jet takes them to St. Louis and Delta takes them through one of the big hubs like Atlanta, then to Frankfurt Germany, on to Moscow, and then a twelve hour over-night train ride to Nizhny Novgorod where Julia Outkina is a most welcome sight.

Citation VI

Type: Light corporate jet
Performance: 495 mph - Max speed
Performance: 467 mph - Max cruising speed
Flying Altitude: 35,200ft
Range: 2696 miles
Lavatory: Yes - Enclosed
Capacity: Flightcrew of two. Typical main passenger cabin seating for six, or optionally up to nine
Toll Free: 1.866.LEAR.JET - info@aircharternetwork.com

Is it used exclusively by 3ABN and where is it based? The photo I tried would not paste.

(

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 27 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]154130[/snapback]

LOL! Not saying they did, just saying they can. In fact, I would be shocked if they tried to use a Citation VI for a transcontinental flight. To my knowledge they never have. Generally the company jet takes them to St. Louis and Delta takes them through one of the big hubs like Atlanta, then to Frankfurt Germany, on to Moscow, and then a twelve hour over-night train ride to Nizhny Novgorod where Julia Outkina is a most welcome sight.

Citation VI

Type: Light corporate jet
Performance: 495 mph - Max speed
Performance: 467 mph - Max cruising speed
Flying Altitude: 35,200ft
Range: 2696 miles
Lavatory: Yes - Enclosed
Capacity: Flightcrew of two. Typical main passenger cabin seating for six, or optionally up to nine
Toll Free: 1.866.LEAR.JET - info@aircharternetwork.com

(

This post has been edited by JesseB: Sep 28 2006, 12:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paleface
post Sep 28 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #122

Member No.: 1,991

Sister:
Not! First class only.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 28 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #123

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

It is used exclusively by 3ABN and it is based in Marion, IL. Hitting the jetstreams going West to East, it will go around 600mph, and although is normal cruising altitude is around 35,000 feet, I've flown at 41,000 feet in it. Range can vary with load and prevailing winds, but I doubt anyone would want to take it further than 2,500 miles unless it was an emergency.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 28 2006, 12:42 AM

+Quote Post
paleface
post Sep 28 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #124

Member No.: 1,991

Bearface:
I found a photo of said jet. That is quite a bird! The info read this would seat seven people and had a tie down potty chair. It takes a quite a chunk of change to pay for this pacticular bird.

Since 3abn has exclusive rights to the jet, does that means the pilots have to be on notice 24/7 for Danny's convience?

Sorry Beartrap, I know you are not Bearface as it is 1:00 am here I am ready for bed. I am in woozy land. Good night.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 28 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #125

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(paleface @ Sep 28 2006, 01:42 AM) [snapback]154144[/snapback]

Bearface:
I found a photo of said jet. That is quite a bird! The info read this would seat seven people and had a tie down potty chair. It takes a quite a chunk of change to pay for this pacticular bird.

Since 3abn has exclusive rights to the jet, does that means the pilots have to be on notice 24/7 for Danny's convience?

Yes, it has four recliners and a three seat couch up by the galley. LOL! I've seen worse airplane potties. It takes $40,000 per month to lease it. The pilots do other work as well, but they stay on call. the head pilot lives in Bowling Green Kentucky and has to fly his own plane up to Marion when Danny needs him.

QUOTE(paleface @ Sep 28 2006, 01:47 AM) [snapback]154144[/snapback]

Sorry Beartrap, I know you are not Bearface as it is 1:00 am here I am ready for bed. I am in woozy land. Good night.

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif Thats alright, as long as you don't call me a bearbehind.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 28 2006, 12:53 AM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 28 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 28 2006, 07:30 AM) [snapback]154135[/snapback]

I agree with Bear. I do not see them taking the 3ABN jet to Australia. I believe that the company jet always has two pilots on board whenever it flies and however long it stays at the destination.

Now, Paleface, you might wonder if Danny flies economy class to Australia...

Back in 2003 I was asked to meet Danny and Linda in Iceland from where we'd fly together to Denmark and France/Switzerland in the company jet. I understood this was to be their first overseas flight in their own jet. Then shortly before rendesvous I was informed by Mollie htat they had discovered their jet was not equipped to land on European airports. This equipment, I was told, was too expensive for private jets, which are only equipped to land on US airports.

So Linda, Danny, and Tommy flew in their private jet to an airport in the East from where they came to Iceland by the commercial airline.

At that time they had the smaller private jet. I presume the same applies to their present plane, but I am not sure.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 28 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 27 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]154116[/snapback]

.... there is no way it's making it across the Atlantic either . . .

- fhb

The route across the Atlantic for private aircraft is from Saint Johns, Newfoundland, to Reykjavik, Iceland, and then on to Northern Europe's mainland. From there, private jets can get to Australia, if they choose to do so.

I knew of a female pilot who used that route across the Atlantic (more that 25 years ago).

So, now you know why the Sheltons were going to fly their private plane to Iceland to meet Johann there. It's just a common stop on the way to Europe. If Johann says the Sheltons were going to fly to Iceland in their own jet, that's enough for me.

As for the expensive aviation equipment needed for European airports, I'm sure Mr. Shelton could find the money somewhere. That's not the problem. The problem would be the time involved to do the job, train the flight crew, and do the paperwork, etc.. The devil is always in the details.

I'm adding a map so aircraft newbies can get the general idea of the route to Australia. Most of the route is the red line, and the route across the Atlantic is almost the same as the blue line, with a stop in Newfoundland.

IPB Image

For those who have an interest in the route:

More recently, it's become known as a "torture" route. Once across the Atlantic, the CIA can fly their private planes all the way to Turkey, India, and on to the rest of Asia, Australia and New Zealand, if they want to "disappear" someone.

This the Reykjavik Transit page showing CIA planes that cross the Atlantic.

http://reykjaviktransit.blogspot.com/2005_...it_archive.html

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 28 2006, 08:27 AM
Post #128

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

Hmm, doesnt that flight plan cross places like southern Russia, Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan. Places where it might not be all that straightforward to get a flight permit?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 28 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #129

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(västergötland @ Sep 28 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]154167[/snapback]

Hmm, doesnt that flight plan cross places like southern Russia, Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan. Places where it might not be all that straightforward to get a flight permit?

Good point.

Basically, please note that I used the words "general idea" when I posted that map. Don't confuse that red line with any actual, concrete, unchangable, specific flight plan. You always have to fly around the current trouble spots.

In fact, you can't even fly a private plane near New York City or Washington DC. It's closed space - at least some areas are.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Sep 28 2006, 08:42 AM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 28 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 28 2006, 08:35 AM) [snapback]154161[/snapback]

The route across the Atlantic for private aircraft is from Saint Johns, Newfoundland, to Reykjavik, Iceland, and then on to Northern Europe's mainland. From there, private jets can get to Australia, if they choose to do so.
I knew of a female pilot who used that route across the Atlantic (more that 25 years ago).
So, now you know why the Sheltons were going to fly their private plane to Iceland to meet Johann there. It's just a common stop on the way to Europe. If Johann says the Sheltons were going to fly to Iceland in their own jet, that's enough for me.
As for the expensive aviation equipment needed for European airports, I'm sure Mr. Shelton could find the money somewhere. That's not the problem. The problem would be the time involved to do the job, train the flight crew, and do the paperwork, etc.. The devil is always in the details.
I'm adding a map so aircraft newbies can get the general idea of the route to Australia. Most of the route is the red line, and the route across the Atlantic is almost the same as the blue line, with a stop in Newfoundland.
For those who have an interest in the route:
More recently, it's become known as a "torture" route. Once across the Atlantic, the CIA can fly their private planes all the way to Turkey, India, and on to the rest of Asia, Australia and New Zealand, if they want to "disappear" someone.
This the Reykjavik Transit page showing CIA planes that cross the Atlantic.
http://reykjaviktransit.blogspot.com/2005_...it_archive.html

Thanks for the clarification and political science/geography lesson. Now, I would wonder how many people (other than the CIA) fly this route. How realistic an endeavor is it - unless you want as close to total secrecy and anonymity as possible. Doesn't strike me that 3ABN is looking for either. So back to the orginal underlying point from my initial response to this - the question was raised as to the cost to "supporters" for the trip to Australia. Most individuals flying to AUS or NZ travel the Pacific route, the 3ABN plane can not make that flight. And, I am most certain that the crew from 3ABN isn't going to take the four or five days it would take to fly the Atlantic route you identified (btw, looking at that route I think it could be called the torture route just from all the up and down you would have to endure.)

As for the sightseeing idea, all the events are held Oct. 28 through 31, with travel time to get from one to the other. The logical question to ask and discover an answer for would be - when do they leave, when do they return. That would give you all you would need to avoid the speculative nature of the original comment which implied the sightseeing was a forgone conclusion.

How many dollars will it take to fly that jet to Australia, pay for the gas, hire the pilot and then pay for expenses for the 3ABN President and his party to sightsee the vast areas of interest in the country of AUstralia.?

- fhb

PS, Just noticed V's comment below . . . it does seem as though some of that route would be rather problematic without some official subversive government acronym on your dossier.

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Sep 28 2006, 08:50 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 28 2006, 08:53 AM
Post #131

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 28 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]154176[/snapback]

Good point.

Basically, please note that I used the words "general idea" when I posted that map. Don't confuse that red line with any actual, concrete, unchangable, specific flight plan. You always have to fly around the current trouble spots.

In fact, you can't even fly a private plane near New York City or Washington DC. It's closed space - at least some areas are.
Not all of those places are trouble spots. Some just dislike either christians or americans or both...

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 28 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 28 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]154179[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification and political science/geography lesson. Now, I would wonder how many people (other than the CIA) fly this route.

My point was this: Johann said that the Sheltons were planning to fly to Europe on their private jet. There's no reason to question that. As for reaching Australia on a private jet, that's entirely possible, too. That's really all I'm saying. Wealthy Europeans and Australians have private jets and fly everywhere. It's not even a point of contention. Why make it one?

I am most certain that the crew from 3ABN isn't going to take the four or five days it would take to fly the Atlantic route you identified

You were also certain that small, private, jet airplanes can't cross the Atlantic.

As for your being "most certain" about the 3ABN flight crew not wanting to fly, you really can't be certain of anything unless you, yourself, are that pilot. How many flight crews would rather sit at home doing nothing? Why not fly Danny to Uganda, and India, and Australia if 3ABN has projects in all three places? What's stopping them? Absolutely nothing. How can I make that more clear?

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Sep 28 2006, 10:27 AM

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 28 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Sep 27 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]154100[/snapback]

Come on, it is obvious that the plane 3ABN leases couldn't even make the flight from LA to Hawaii, much less the 18+ hours it takes to reach Australia.

- fhb

Thanks for the information--Just goes to show how Flying illiterate I am. I was not sure if there were stops they could land along the way to refuel. I guess I need to get an atlas to study the route from Illinois to Australia.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 28 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #134

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 28 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback]154212[/snapback]

Just goes to show how Flying illiterate I am.

That was the whole point of Fally's spotlight in the first place.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Sep 28 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Sep 28 2006, 11:27 AM) [snapback]154205[/snapback]

As for your being "most certain" about the 3ABN flight crew not wanting to fly, you really can't be certain of anything unless you, yourself, are that pilot. How many flight crews would rather sit at home doing nothing? Why not fly Danny to Uganda, and India, and Australia if 3ABN has projects in all three places? What's stopping them? Absolutely nothing. How can I make that more clear?

You may have misunderstood, I wasn't referencing the "flight crew", but rather the crew from 3ABN who would be doing the traveling: Danny, et. al. These are the people who wouldn't want to make the journey in such a manner.

I wasn't challenging your knowledge of the possibility of such a flight, as you have adequately pointed out that my original comment wasn't correct - but I am challenging the notion (not presented by you) that 3ABN would even consider such a flight. As for being clear on the possibilities, you certainly are - could that possibility prove problematic, yes as pointed out by V'land.

My original point was not to poke fun at Summertime either - but an attempt to add some perspective before things spun off into a speculative nosedive (pun intended). Hers would be a conclusion many might arrive at not knowing that the plane is not one you would choose to make such a lengthy flight. Re-reading my first post, I would have left off the "Come on" and "obvious" parts, which, while seeemingly condescending, more correctly grew out of a reaction based on my postion that there is far to much speculative commentary/opinion going on - and not as an indictment of Summertime (and Summertime, if it felt that way in reading, my apologies.) I used this once before, so please excuse the redundancy:

“Once you decide to titillate instead of illuminate... you create a climate of expectation that requires a higher and higher level of intensity” (Bill Moyers)

As much as there is a desire to view every 3ABN or Danny action with some level of growing disdain, I really do not think that anyone would choose to fly to Australia/NZ in such a circuitous route. And there in is the point I was making and not one on the intellectual veracity of Summertime.

- fhb

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Sep 28 2006, 12:27 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church