Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10991&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:29 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is It All About 3abn?, Inquiring Minds...
simplysaved
post Sep 24 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

Thanks for your honesty and do understand many points that you touched on....There are other members here that are also not SDA, so please do not let that be a reason for you to not participate in discussions or start your own thread. Being a genuine Christian is the most important thing.... just glad that for whatever reasons you are here. smile.gif

QUOTE(September @ Sep 24 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]153308[/snapback]

Okay I'll be honest...I came here because the topic of 3ABN was open here and I've been waiting to hear how Linda was vindicated. I'm not here because I want to stand and gawk at 3ABN's failures--but I do want to see how the Lord works everything out.

To be honest, I have checked out the other forums--and have been in LC a few times--but like with some friendships, if there's not a whole lot in common the friendship is more 'distant' if you will. Since I am not an SDA there are discussions that I simply cannot identify with--things I have no idea what are being talked about and that gets overwhelming to me.

You may wonder why I should take such an interest in 3ABN while not being an Adventist...well, when we used to get 3ABN Linda really ministered to me on her front porch. She had a heart connection with Jesus and that appealed greatly to me. When I found out that she was let go--and the subsequent divorce--it hurt me deeply. Ever since then, I have wanted to see how the Lord was going to work this out--because I knew that Linda was innocent. The experieces she had on 3ABN are unfortunately close to some in my own life. I was never vindicated--no one came to aid my cause even though it was widely known. I have a burning desire to help, where I can, those who are victimized but are silenced through no fault of their own. I have written letters, passed on information, and have been doing what I can to help.

So that is primarily why I'm here. I don't 'do' message boards really--just don't have the time nor the desire.

September

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 24 2006, 09:45 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 24 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(västergötland @ Sep 24 2006, 06:55 AM) [snapback]153269[/snapback]

(Cant figure out how to properly uppdate Debian...)

Switch to SuSE 10 or Ubuntu smile.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Guest_Lubega_*
post Sep 24 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE(September @ Sep 24 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]153308[/snapback]

Okay I'll be honest...I came here because the topic of 3ABN was open here and I've been waiting to hear how Linda was vindicated. I'm not here because I want to stand and gawk at 3ABN's failures--but I do want to see how the Lord works everything out.

To be honest, I have checked out the other forums--and have been in LC a few times--but like with some friendships, if there's not a whole lot in common the friendship is more 'distant' if you will. Since I am not an SDA there are discussions that I simply cannot identify with--things I have no idea what are being talked about and that gets overwhelming to me.

You may wonder why I should take such an interest in 3ABN while not being an Adventist...well, when we used to get 3ABN Linda really ministered to me on her front porch. She had a heart connection with Jesus and that appealed greatly to me. When I found out that she was let go--and the subsequent divorce--it hurt me deeply. Ever since then, I have wanted to see how the Lord was going to work this out--because I knew that Linda was innocent. The experieces she had on 3ABN are unfortunately close to some in my own life. I was never vindicated--no one came to aid my cause even though it was widely known. I have a burning desire to help, where I can, those who are victimized but are silenced through no fault of their own. I have written letters, passed on information, and have been doing what I can to help.

So that is primarily why I'm here. I don't 'do' message boards really--just don't have the time nor the desire.

September

September I would like to say this; I have never read nor seen anyone that sincerely dose the work of the Lord to be fairly treated. They are usually hurt by those that hate the Lord but call on His name as being a part of Him or they are killed by those that say they are doing the work of god. Which god are they working for? In this life we must all remember that where the truth is spoken few will gather together but where lies are spoken many shall join. Keep praying, we really don’t know who is right and who is wrong all we know it what we read, hear, and yes make-up. Only God, Danny and Linda know the truth. But you know maybe only God knows…………

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 24 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #19

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 24 2006, 06:42 AM) [snapback]153268[/snapback]

A group of us had this very conversation in LC several days ago. Yes, it is certainly true that the exploding topic of 3ABN has brought additional members to BSDA who, in my opinion, would not have ordinarily joined this forum. If these members are honest, they would not disagree with me.

While it is true that a member can post wherever he or she chooses to, it would be so nice if other topics and discussions were considered worthy of their input. BSDA has an international membership and we can only benefit from the various, and cultrally disverse views and opinions of each other. And while the Forum is called "Black SDA," the topics are not restricted or limited to input of Black members. All members are encouraged to participate in any topic or discussion in this forum.

I have been a member since April and it's like I've never left. I have learned so much and benefitted from the thoughts and ideas of the membership. You won't agree with everything or everyone...but you will be challenged to think, and the arcade is always available to provide the much welcomed relief...
spoton.gif

Thank you CSDA, very well said. We can all learn and grow through interaction with each other. spoton.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 24 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #20

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(September @ Sep 24 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]153308[/snapback]

You may wonder why I should take such an interest in 3ABN while not being an Adventist...well, when we used to get 3ABN Linda really ministered to me on her front porch. She had a heart connection with Jesus and that appealed greatng to work this out--because I knew that Linda was innocent. The experiecly to me. When I found out that she was let go--and the subsequent divorce--it hurt me deeply. Ever since then, I have wanted to see how the Lord was goies she had on 3ABN are unfortunately close to some in my own life. I was never vindicated--no one came to aid my cause even though it was widely known. I have a burning desire to help, where I can, those who are victimized but are silenced through no fault of their own. I have written letters, passed on information, and have been doing what I can to help.

September

That's kewl. I too have experienced some of the issues you've stated above and, though one is not always vindicated before men, I thank the Lord Jesus He is our advocate before the Father who is just and righteous in all He does.

Though the op does not speak of "friendships" but our being family in Christ Jesus, bear the following in mind:

Pro 18:24 A man [that hath] friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend [that] sticketh closer than a brother.

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
September
post Sep 24 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Sep 24 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]153344[/snapback]

That's kewl. I too have experienced some of the issues you've stated above and, though one is not always vindicated before men, I thank the Lord Jesus He is our advocate before the Father who is just and righteous in all He does.

Though the op does not speak of "friendships" but our being family in Christ Jesus, bear the following in mind:

Pro 18:24 A man [that hath] friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend [that] sticketh closer than a brother.

I realize that I probably sounded like I'm not interested in friendships here...that's not true at all smile.gif I didn't mean to come across that way.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Sep 24 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

I too am one of those who came here because of the 3abn topic. I'd never heard of this site until reading about it on Maritime. As a white person who lives in the country I likely cannot relate to many of the topics on other threads. Just my $0.02.

Richard

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 24 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Where does the issue of unity as a church body (worldwide) fall into this? A crisis cannot be the only time that we as Christians--and SDA Christians can come together and fellowship...IOW when the 3ABN drama is over, will you and all of the others that have joined to chat in the 3ABN Forum suddenly disappear? We hope not.... smile.gif

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Sep 24 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]153350[/snapback]

I too am one of those who came here because of the 3abn topic. I'd never heard of this site until reading about it on Maritime. As a white person who lives in the country I likely cannot relate to many of the topics on other threads. Just my $0.02.

Richard

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Sep 24 2006, 11:24 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 24 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Sep 24 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]153353[/snapback]

Where does the issue of unity as a church body (worldwide) fall into this? A crisis cannot be the only time that we as Christians--and SDA Christians can come together and fellowship...IOW when the 3ABN drama is over, will you and all of the others that have joined to chat in the 3ABN Forum suddenly disappear? We hope not.... smile.gif

I didn't know about BSDA or any of the other similar forums until a friend told me about the 3abn forum. I joined the very next day which was 4 weeks ago. Just last week, since I had some time off, I decided to peek around at what other threads were here and found "The Lighter Side". It has been a hoot! I have enjoyed the banter and the opportunity to get to know many of you on a different level.

Unfortunately, if I tried to branch out to any other discussions I'm afraid my husband would pull the plug on my computer! He is deservedly realous for my attention. smile.gif I told him to speak up if he feels like I am spending too much time here and he has!

My dear one is not interested in things spiritual at this time so not only have I been finding out lots of information on the 3abn situation, I also have been enjoying the spiritual exchange tremendously. If he requests that I step away from the computer, I'm afraid I will have to request that he then be willing to fill my spiritual discussion needs himself.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 24 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I love Blacksda, all of it. I hear what you say. I don't say much. I'd say more if I wasn't so busy laughing at life along with y'all and enjoying what you add to this place. So many fun people in one place. Couldn't be better!

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 24 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

September, I believe I have been in LC when you are there. I quite enjoyed the conversation. Sarah, put it very well. Being SDA is not a pre-requisite(sp) to being a member or participating. Just ask what is not clear, no one minds explaining in posts or LC(which is definitely more fast pace). That makes even more discussion, and you will soon find out that you are not alone. Just jump in as much or as little as you feel comfortable!

QUOTE(September @ Sep 24 2006, 07:08 AM) [snapback]153308[/snapback]

September

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Sep 24 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,252

I think my first contact with BSDA was last year when I posted a prayer request for my son in Iraq. He's back now, and doing well. Thank you for your prayers. Some of you responded with messages of encouragment and I really appreciate that. It was during the process of perusing the other threads that I came across the 3ABN topic. You must admit it's a hot topic that holds universal interest to many Adventists. Also, this is only one of two websites that has the courage to discuss this timely issue. There used to be three. BSDA is providing a sounding and information board for a volatile issue that historically would never have seen the light of day.
I do visit some of the other threads and have found some to be a blessing.
Don't assume the high volume of hits on the 3ABN topic indicate a lack of interest in the other threads. Actually, your willingness to carry this discussion is probably leading to a greater interest in the rest of the threads. Just because we don't post on the others doesn't mean we're not reading them.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 24 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #28

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Sep 24 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]153350[/snapback]

Richard

Not to ANY of the topics on other threads? Nothing on health, nothing on relationships, prayer for others, or praise and testimonies of Gods goodness? Nothing? uhm.gif OK.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Sep 25 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Sep 24 2006, 01:01 PM) *

Richard

I hate to disagree with you but if you just start looking you'll find a lot of good things here. I originally came here because of the 3ABN threads & I'm white & live in the country as well!!!! BUT I have met some super people on here & am making some good friends from it all. I enjoy ALL OF BSDA forums not just this one. Some of course more than others but I can relate to a lot of the topics on here & I participate in a lot of them as well now. In fact I go to the other parts of the board more now than I do this thread. I love BSDA & am glad I am part of it now.

This post has been edited by Hersheys99: Sep 25 2006, 08:43 AM

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 25 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

...and you know that I am glad you're hear Hershey Bar!!!! hug.gif happydance.gif

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Sep 25 2006, 08:41 AM) [snapback]153546[/snapback]

I hate to disagree with you but if you just start looking you'll find a lot of good things here. I originally came here because of the 3ABN threads & I'm white & live in the country as well!!!! BUT I have met some super people on here & am making some good friends from it all. I enjoy ALL OF BSDA forums not just this one. Some of course more than others but I can relate to a lot of the topics on here & I participate in a lot of them as well now. In fact I go to the other parts of the board more now than I do this thread. I love BSDA & am glad I am part of it now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church