Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11070&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:26:45 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Fall Campmeeting, Let the games begin...
sister
post Sep 28 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

3ABN Fall Campmeeting begins in a few minutes. Interesting events always seen to happen around campmeeting time. Right, Johann? One woman is victimized and publicly humiliated. Another woman gives birth "prematurely", and is praised for her desire to sing on stage less than 24 hours later. The third Mrs. Shelton was baptized during campmeeting. I wonder what surprises Danny has in store for us this year? Not only is he scheduled to speak tonight, but he will also have the sermon on Sabbath morning.

And remember, the 3ABN board is scheduled to meet on Sunday... I hear the roar of distant thunder heading toward T'ville...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Sep 28 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

I may be wrong for letting it bother me, but they are already asking for money...for the 10 Commandments project.

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 28 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 28 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]154287[/snapback]

And remember, the 3ABN board is scheduled to meet on Sunday... I hear the roar of distant thunder heading toward T'ville...

And thunder perhaps?

yes.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 28 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #4

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

I'm going to be praying on Sunday ... that painful truths will not be swept under the (bulging?) rug, that reality will prevail, and that God will have His way with 'em all ...

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 28 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 28 2006, 09:49 PM) [snapback]154307[/snapback]

I'm going to be praying on Sunday ... that painful truths will not be swept under the (bulging?) rug, that reality will prevail, and that God will have His way with 'em all ...

I think we can all join you in that prayer, SoulEspresso. Amen...

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 28 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 29 2006, 02:59 AM) [snapback]154287[/snapback]

3ABN Fall Campmeeting begins in a few minutes. ....

I'm watching 3ABN on the net. There is nothing from Thompsonville right now?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 28 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Well, tonight the sermon was by Pastor Gilley. If you keep track of those things, his church was the sight of a big 3ABN beg-a-thon in Dallas, Texas. Back then he was comparing Danny to the great men of Scripture, that the Lord had called to fulfill a special purpose. If memory serves me correctly, he equated Danny Shelton to King David and Moses, as was done a week or so prior to that by Shelly Quinn and John Lomacang on a Thursday night live.

Now back to tonight's sermon... Well folks, the theme for tonight was money, money and more money. Basically, the more sacrificially we give, the more the Lord will give us to give and the more we can give on to worthy causes. Now, did you catch that? And whose hands are outstretched, ready, willing and worthy to receive those funds? Why Danny Shelton, of course...

Poor Danny... Did you all know that he has to go bargain hunting for his suits? But Pastor Gilley assured us that Danny is a wise shopper and goes to the best stores and comes away with a beautiful suit of high quality for sixty-five dollars. Now that is a pretty good trick, I know I have been suit shopping. Just for fun, let's consider the possibility that Danny bought that suit the weekend that he was in Dallas with Pastor Gilley. There might be some hidden costs that could be factored in. Would it be unfair to add in the cost for the private jet that took DanBran to Dallas for the beg-a-thon? Then in addition to their regular salary, the two pilots received ministry funds to cover the following expenses: hotel, rental car and per diem for the weekend. Also add on a rental car for DanBran and other misc. expenses and the "savings" on the "bargain suit" seems nothing more than a red herring attempting to misdirect our attention away from the other extravagances that the 3ABN donors have paid for over the years. Oh, and don't forget that Danny is not paid a sacrificial salary, unlike most of the workers, and can afford to buy what he needs without haunting the bargin suit racks at Dillards.

So, in conclusion, it is difficult to get excited over the "bargain suit" when you know how Danny has channeled so much ministry money through his pockets over the years. Sorry, Dan, it was a good try, but you are going to have to do much better than that in order to fool all the people, all the time... You need to work on your showmanship, even P.T. Barnum didn't believe it was possible to fool all the people, all the time...

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Sep 28 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Poor taste, poor judgment, but they sure are giving it the old college try!

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 28 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(seeshell @ Sep 28 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]154319[/snapback]

Poor taste , poor judgment , but they sure are giving it the old college try!

Poor Danny... oops.gif Sorry, poor doesn't seem to be one of Danny's problems, no matter what Pastor Gilley would have us believe. Does Danny think everyone watching him is having a: blonde.gif .

Sorry Shell, no offense intended, I just don't think of you as "blond".

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 29 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 29 2006, 04:59 AM) [snapback]154315[/snapback]

Now back to tonight's sermon... Well folks, the theme for tonight was money, money and more money. Basically, the more sacrificially we give, the more the Lord will give us to give and the more we can give on to worthy causes. Now, did you catch that? And whose hands are outstretched, ready, willing and worthy to receive those funds? Why Danny Shelton, of course...

The infamy stepps of tv evangelism. Starts with being a plain teleevangelist, moves on to being a prosperity teleevangelist and ends at being a miracle healing prosperity preaching teleevangelist...

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Sep 29 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 29 2006, 12:50 AM) [snapback]154322[/snapback]

Poor Danny... oops.gif Sorry, poor doesn't seem to be one of Danny's problems, no matter what Pastor Gilley would have us believe. Does Danny think everyone watching him is having a: blonde.gif .

Sorry Shell, no offense intended, I just don't think of you as "blond".

LOL, none taken, sis! laugh.gif

I didn't watch the whole thing last night, but I did catch a bit of the "suit drama". How are these people getting sucked into praising a man like this? no.gif

--------------------
Shelley

+Quote Post
justme
post Sep 29 2006, 11:26 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

Opening night. Camp meeting part 1.

Did you catch Shelly Quinn's "beg" for "10-commandment partners" who will "pledge" $10.00 - $1,00.00 per week to go toward "10-Commandment Weekends in major metropolitan cities" and the to follow up with "Prophecy" seminars. They have been planning this for months, but ,

"We THOUGHT that we knew where we were going this year. But it would SEEM that the Lord, ... we ..., ... none of us could just get settled in on it,... and the MORE we prayed the more we were sure that WEREN'T YET IN TUNE WITH GOD.

"If you have ,... if you live in a city , and you've prayed, and you feel the Lord would like us to host it there, please send in your information , .. your church , ..your conference, ..who you think , ...where would be a good idea , ..just send it to us and we'll pray over it, because , if we don't do it this year, MAYBE we'll be at your place next year.

But what I wanted to do was read a few comments here , from Ellen White , she says , in Evangelism pg 29,

'Oh, that God's people had a sense of the impending destruction of thousands of cities now almost given to idolatry ...' and she also said, 'At the present time there is not a thousandth part being done in working the cities that should be done, and that would be done if men and women would do their whole duty. Work while you can, My brethren, Enter the cities while you can. In the cities that have already been entered there are many who have never heard the message of truth. There are many other, who, if given the opportunity, might hear and accept the message of salvation. .

These, our last efforts for the work of God in the earth, must bear decidedly the impress of the Divine. Soon the way will be hedged up. These cities will be closed to the gospel message. Wake up the church members that they may unite in doing a definite and self-denying work. Time is short. We must continue to evangelize with power.'

"I ... just asked Danny, ... bless his heart, I put him on the spot back there, ... I asked him earlier, I said,

'Danny do you mind if I call for special partners in this work? '

'We would like to have Special Ten Commandments Weekend Partners, and, what the Lord has laid on my heart is there are many people who COULD give $10 a month, beginning this month, that would go toward this project, $10 for the 10 commandments project each month to help finance this great work. Some of you could give a hundred dollars a month and some even more. But what we want to remember is what Jesus said in Matthew 5:18,19, that He said , "Assuredly I say to you , Til heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tiddle will by no means pass from the law 'til all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches men to do so shall be called "The Least" in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever DOES and teaches them, he shall be called "Great" in the kingdom of heaven."

'Again I wanta thank all of you who participated this year in the "10 Commandments Project". May you be called Great in the kingdom of heaven."

'And I pray that many people will join us, and please, .. we, .. we ask for your prayers. I hope that you'll just,... as the Lord lays this on your heart, ...lift it up every day, ..every time God brings it to your remembrance, because there is great work to be done, and short time to do it. We MUST evangelize with power.
Thank you".

applause .........

I have comments in regards to this, but I'll wait until you chew on it first.
Especially about the part of' "breaking the least of these commandments and teaching men to do so (by example, in particular).

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 29 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(justme @ Sep 29 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]154375[/snapback]

'We would like to have Special Ten Commandments Weekend Partners, and, what the Lord has laid on my heart is there are many people who COULD give $10 a month, beginning this month, that would go toward this project, $10 for the 10 commandments project each month to help finance this great work. Some of you could give a hundred dollars a month and some even more. But what we want to remember is what Jesus said in Matthew 5:18,19, that He said , "Assuredly I say to you , Til heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tiddle will by no means pass from the law 'til all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches men to do so shall be called "The Least" in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever DOES and teaches them, he shall be called "Great" in the kingdom of heaven."

Whats the underlined got to do with anything? Subtle threats or what?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 29 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

Round 2:

Friday Night Live on 3ABN
7:00 - 9:00 PM Central Time
Sermon by Wintley Phipps

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Sep 29 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

Justme,
I couldn't believe Shelly Quinn when she started in asking for money. And of course it was an idea she just thought of, to ask people to give to the 10 commandments project. But then when Mollie came out and went through her sanctuary bit for worship. Give me a break By the time she got to the holy of holies and said we could now know we were in the prescense of God and He would speak directly to us the group came out to sing. Did any one notice that no one was smiling except Bran. Danny's sister looked like she wished she was anywhere but there. They all looked about to die. Sorry that was my impression When we were all prepared to hear from God, Gilley comes out and basically tells us we need to give money to worthy causes (3abn). I just couldn't get over the whole evening. My dear hubby asked why I was watching. He tuned out at the beginning with the good ole southern gospel music and Danny saying we are just going to have a little fun. Hubby's comment this morning was 3abn has become a forum for the Shelton family, nothing more. I missed the suit business but I did hear about all of Gilley's cars, So sad he only has a Huyandi. Maybe Danny could give him some money to buy another Lincoln.

A question I had last night was are the employees of 3abn suppose to attend campmeeting? It didn't look like there were all that many people there and the ones I saw were the perfect people to reach deep into their humble pockets and help Danny. Hopefully those who arn't actually working have a choice to attend or not.

It did seem to me from the applause after songs that most people didn't seem to care for the musical presentations before the actual service started. I havn't watched any other 3abn campmeetings so don't know if this is normal. Maybe these older folk were uncomfortable with clapping after musical numbers.

Also thought it interesting that we all got to meet the latest addition to Melody's family

As sister said I'm ready for round 2 tonight.

Does anyone think it is interesting that tonight and tomorrow Danny is having black speakers? Maybe there is somthing to that urban channel he is talking about. Maybe he just discovered another untapped mountain of revenue roflmao.gif roflmao.gif Kill us with kindness Danny!!!

TB

This post has been edited by Truly Blonde: Oct 1 2006, 09:14 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church