Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11070&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:08 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Fall Campmeeting, Let the games begin...
Truly Blonde
post Sep 30 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,160

QUOTE(lurker @ Sep 30 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]154545[/snapback]

Danny just flatters those he wants to influence. Did you notice the plaques and the recognition of all the board members. Putting Doug Batchelor's picture on the front of the 3ABN magazine etc. Having the black speakers (who were truly inspired speakers and very good.) Bet they wouldn't be there though if he didn't feel threatened by the talk on blacksda.

I have noticed that he gives publicity to whoever he is currently "courting". You will see them featured in the 3ABN magazine or they will be featured on air. It doesn't last though. Usually it is only as long as he needs them or as long as they support him.

I think you are right. Danny is feeling threatened by blacksda so he is trying to get the black vote by using these speakers. Thankfully both Wintly and Ivor are sincere Christians who won't let Danny get to them.

Ivor Meyers was a rapper who was offered an 8 record deal. His group was making it big. One of their friends was also into rap but had been raised an Adventist. He started talking to Ivor's band and he said they would be doing pot and drinking and at the same time studying the Bible. They were baptised but still didn't know what the Bible was all about and what God really wanted in their life. They kept studying and what you saw tonight was the change that God makes in people when they sincerely accept Him as their Savior. He has a web site and sells DVD's. We watched his first DVD and it was very moving. On his DVD he has pictures of his rap group and his days when he had dred locks and was a rapper, then there are pictures of him after his conversion what a change. His first DVD is all about music (all kinds of music) and how Saten is using music (including christian rap and regga to lead people into spiritualism. Very eye opening. Reccomend it for everyone to see.

Question: Is the man that is with Melody holding her baby the father of that baby and her husband? Just wondering

TB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Sep 30 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 30 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]154538[/snapback]

There is a young guy, Ivor Myers, who is preaching at camp meeting. He said he was a rapper. I've never heard of him. I am enjoying his message.

I'd never heard of him before this week when a friend brought over a DVD in which he told his conversion story. It was a fantastic story. Company came this evening, so I only heard part of tonight's sermon, but certainly enjoyed what I did hear.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 30 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Sep 30 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]154538[/snapback]

There is a young guy, Ivor Myers, who is preaching at camp meeting. He said he was a rapper. I've never heard of him. I am enjoying his message.

I tried to find a good picture of Ivor during his "Boogiemasters" years but couldn't. I did find several of the groups music videos on Youtube.com by doing a search of the site for them. Their music is still very popular in some circles as I found out on youtube.com.

Here is a link to Ivor's history.

http://plusline.org/article.php?id=4874

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 30 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok, but I just recently found out that Danny called himself can sing.
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 30 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]154537[/snapback]

It is an important skill for a tv personality after all...

giggle.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Oct 1 2006, 03:33 AM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Oct 1 2006, 01:19 AM) [snapback]154553[/snapback]

I tried to find a good picture of Ivor during his "Boogiemasters" years but couldn't. I did find several of the groups music videos on Youtube.com by doing a search of the site for them. Their music is still very popular in some circles as I found out on youtube.com.

Here is a link to Ivor's history.

http://plusline.org/article.php?id=4874

Thanks for the link, PB. Ivor truly has a "story to tell to the nations," and he is doing a great job of taking the "Advent Message" to the world. May God continue to bless him and his ministry.

ps. never heard of his rap group or any of their songs...wonder if I need to turn in my card? rofl1.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
lurker
post Oct 1 2006, 07:22 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Try boogiemonsters not boogiemasters. After his conversion he wrote religious lyrics to rap for a while until he decided God wanted him to do something different. Interesting lyrics. http://www.lyricsstyle.com/b/boogiemonster...beastiirsv.html

This post has been edited by lurker: Oct 1 2006, 07:33 AM

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 1 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 30 2006, 11:03 PM) [snapback]154547[/snapback]

I believe that she has already been involved with productions at the 3ABN Sound Center - but not a cd of her own. Dan isn't about to let another woman become important. She isn't supposed to bring anything to the table - just decorate it.

Is so sad that he is so insecure that he has to deprive those around him from reaching their own full potential.

It's so hard to see the "mending broken people" part, when, for so long, the opposite has been true .

Pray that God will be able to get through to the 3ABN BOARD for once and get things straightened up.

P.S. Ivor has somethings 3ABN can learn, if they'll listen. Problem is, while he's preaching, they're backstage making more plans to raise and spend more money.

Nice "Autumn Skin", thanks.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 1 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #38

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(justme @ Oct 1 2006, 07:34 AM) [snapback]154585[/snapback]

It's so hard to see the "mending broken people" part, when, for so long, the opposite has been true .
Pray that God will be able to get through to the 3ABN BOARD for once and get things straightened up.

My observation is that 3ABN does not have a Board of Directors in the same way we think of them.

I expect that the board members will come together today at some person's house, read carefully screened and prepared reports from each department, if they don't fall asleep during the presentations, and then they will leave Mr. Shelton to run his private business any way he wishes.

That's all that I expect to happen today. However, it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe, if they don't fall asleep first, they may all hear some rambling about attacks by Satan and his minions. But, if they all fall asleep, they will be spared the misery of listening to it all.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Oct 1 2006, 08:29 AM

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 1 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 1 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]154586[/snapback]

My observation is that 3ABN does not have a Board of Directors in the same way we think of them.

I expect that the board members will come together today at some person's house, read carefully screened and prepared reports from each department, if they don't fall asleep during the presentations, and then they will leave Mr. Shelton to run his private business any way he wishes.

That's all that I expect to happen today. However, it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe, if they don't fall asleep first, they may all hear some rambling about attacks by Satan and his minions. But, if they all fall asleep, they will be spared the misery of listening to it all.

Does anyone know what to expect today according to the 3ABN TV schedule it says:

3:00 PM 3ABN Today LIVE - 1st Hour 2006 Fall Camp Meeting /
4:00 PM 3ABN Today LIVE - 2nd Hour 2006 Fall Camp Meeting /

what else is there to say?

+Quote Post
September
post Oct 1 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

QUOTE(justme @ Oct 1 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]154598[/snapback]

Does anyone know what to expect today according to the 3ABN TV schedule it says:

3:00 PM 3ABN Today LIVE - 1st Hour 2006 Fall Camp Meeting /
4:00 PM 3ABN Today LIVE - 2nd Hour 2006 Fall Camp Meeting /

what else is there to say?

That's probably their re-broadcast of the Thursday night "live" from Campmeeting

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 1 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

QUOTE(September @ Oct 1 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]154600[/snapback]

That's probably their re-broadcast of the Thursday night "live" from Campmeeting

Does 3ABN ever make public any of the decisions the board makes?

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 1 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

I did not watch ALL of the campmeeting, so I may have missed it but...I did not see anything unusual. They sang too much for my liking but that is not new. Danny had his grandkids on, which I assume he is a proud grandfather. Brandy was on quite a bit but that is probably something we need to get used to. If I am not mistaken she went to 3ABN so Danny could help her with her music career???

Did I miss anything? Did Danny "repent" or anything????

+Quote Post
Clay
post Oct 1 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

probably not..... but my question is why do some of you guys (and gals) insist on watching something that turns your stomach so? Is this some form of self punishment or what? dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 1 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(Clay @ Oct 1 2006, 10:55 AM) [snapback]154617[/snapback]

probably not..... but my question is why do some of you guys (and gals) insist on watching something that turns your stomach so? Is this some form of self punishment or what? dunno.gif

There are many aspects of 3ABN that I enjoy. What I don't enjoy is when Danny gets on and rambles on defending himself, or when others get on defending him....

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 1 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(lurker @ Oct 1 2006, 05:22 AM) [snapback]154583[/snapback]

Try boogiemonsters not boogiemasters. After his conversion he wrote religious lyrics to rap for a while until he decided God wanted him to do something different. Interesting lyrics. http://www.lyricsstyle.com/b/boogiemonster...beastiirsv.html

Thanks for the correction. It was late when I posted that. I knew his group was the Boogiemonsters. Guess that may be why I couldn't Yahoo and image of the group. roflmao.gif

YouTube.com has music videos posted of both before exposure to the Lord and after. It's interesting to see their musical take on the Great Controversy. Before they realized that the Rap Concert venue wasn't conducive to spiritual health, they would talk about the Great Controversy and even throw them out to the crowd!

So, God can use even backslidden, drunken potheads to plant the seeds of His Kingdom. Praise the Lord! clap.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church