Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11132&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Statement - Alyssa Moore, Linda Shelton's daughter
watchbird
post Oct 4 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Oct 4 2006, 09:40 AM) [snapback]155199[/snapback]

But the concern is that according to watchbird, Allyssa did not want this to become public but to be handled by the church leaders...if that is the case, she has been re-victimized by having this letter posted. And that IMHO is sin and wrong.

As an alleged victim she has the right to her dignity and part of re-gaining control and enpowerment is to be able to choose how, when, and where you share your experience. This would then further take away her power....bottom line it is about the VICTIM and not what outsiders feel is right.

I think this last is why we tried to honor her requests to limit distribution as long as possible. I do not personally know if she has come to terms with the recognition that it could not stay in limited circulation for very long or not. I do know that she was amply warned at the time that this would be the case.... sooner or later, with as wide a circulation as she was allowing, someone would ignore the requests and throw it wide open.

I don't think that she has been "re-victimized" by the opening of this to the public now. She has had some time to know just how much the church leaders will do and what they will not do. They have been given their chance..... and they did not choose to act, at least not in a way that was visible and that plainly suspended the abuser.

Hopefully she will see this ... or come to see it shortly ... as freeing her to proceed with legal action against him.... something that is very hard for some segments of Adventism to accept as being right and proper.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Oct 4 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]155202[/snapback]

This is one of the main reasons victims do not go forward with allegations....I do not presume to know what is true or false here, but if the allegation is true and the alleged victim asked for it to be forwarded only to church leaders and GC... no.gif

I would still want the church to be a part of it even if I went to the police....I don't see why it has to be an either or....

But she needed to press charges as a private citizen... yes.gif

This post has been edited by watchbird: Oct 4 2006, 04:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 4 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Oct 4 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]155208[/snapback]

Says a man (with all do respect) that works out on a regular basis....being a victim is a different ballgame...especially a female one....You need that support from your church support system....

Better yet ask God what to do...and do whatever He says...if He says go straight to the police, go to the police....

QUOTE(Clay @ Oct 4 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]155209[/snapback]

victims male or female want justice.... the church has a history of NOT being supportive, of telling victims NOT to press charges.... as one who is in law enforcement as well as a an advocate for patient rights, I say go to the po po....

Agreed... but SS has a point also.... that there is support a victim needs that is personal and up-close and has little or nothing to do with the "support" that seeks for and administers justice.

I think the delay periods ... and there were two quite different ones ... the one from the time that she first told Barbara Kerr about it until the time she had gathered a private support system sufficiently strong to enable her to make the public statement.... and the second one from the
time that went out to the present. I'm very sure that she added to her support system after the release of the statement. And while I'm not a professional in this area, I think that would be very important in strengthening her for the public and legal steps that she will need to face next.

One additional note to this is that the GC has, in the last few years.... not sure just when.... taken formal positions about what steps to take in cases like this.... and they DO include notifying the law enforcement agencies immediately upon the allegations....

Why haven't the Family Ministries personell been involved in any of the 3abn allegations? I wish I knew. Does anyone have any direct lines to any of them?

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Oct 4 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 3 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]155137[/snapback]

She says, "I feel the need to share this information. I want to spare others...."

So, apparently -- on the face of it -- it is meant to be shared.

You are correct in saying, "on the face of it -- it is meant to be shared."
"Source" did not send the full text of the cover letter that "Watchbird" alluded to.
QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 3 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]155142[/snapback]

... and it is a real violation of express instructions that were sent out with each copy of this letter where the permission to share was very specifically limited to "ministers and church leaders", and where it was expressly directed to NOT post it on any public forum.

With such a violation of trust, I can plainly see why others are reticent on speaking out.

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Oct 4 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #34

Guests

I read this last night, and woke up inspired (little "i") to say that if Source meant to be private, she wouldn't have given it to anybody and kept it secret. Like you said, she wouldn't have told nobody if she wanted to keep it off line. She has counted the cost of telling this so that the curse of the flesh that Danny Shelton has brought forward might be revealed before us. If information exists, it is speech freedom, and the Holy Spirit has been in this discussion all the way along as it has revealed all hidden secrets as people have been inspired to share.

We have been shown that Danny had other problems, such as admitting to being responsible for the death of his first wife, and others that have been demonstrated here before us. Now we must pray that the details will not remain in the shadows for long but that all might be made plain so that when the Lord withdraws his blessing from 3ABN, it will be clear as to why it was done. Those with information or ideas about what may have happened must come forward because we cannot expect the Lord's blessing without doing our part.

Calvin, may you be blessed for encouraging this necessary discussion to continue. And thank you Source for posting this. Without the Lord, this discussion would have ended months ago, but through His Spirit of discernment it will hold fast.

This post has been edited by vonessa: Oct 4 2006, 10:43 AM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Oct 4 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 4 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]155216[/snapback]

Why haven't the Family Ministries personell been involved in any of the 3abn allegations? I wish I knew. Does anyone have any direct lines to any of them?

Wouldn't Kay Kuzma be a part of the church Family Ministries department or does she just play one for her column in the Review?

If she is, I can see why there would be reluctance to put any confidence in them...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 4 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Oct 4 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]155222[/snapback]

Wouldn't Kay Kuzma be a part of the church Family Ministries department or does she just play one for her column in the Review?

If she is, I can see why there would be reluctance to put any confidence in them...

In His service,
Mr. J

I don't think so. I think she has her own "independent ministry" .... or business.... not sure what she calls it. And must be under some contract with 3abn.... and she writes a colum for Adventist Review. Have no idea, really as to what the GCFM folk think of her.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Oct 4 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

The recent case at Camp Wagner in Lake Region is an good example of support on all levels....the church was as progressive as the parents and supportive of what the families did as private citizens without excuse or cover-ups....

QUOTE(Denny @ Oct 4 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]155210[/snapback]

Does one really expect to get support from the perpretors employer that is what the church is in this case - a indirect employer so from the start church is not neutral. Using this as an example being a victim does not mean common sense goes out the window. But like you said Go to God first.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
TLC
post Oct 4 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #38

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,150

QUOTE(vonessa @ Oct 4 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]155221[/snapback]

I read this last night, and woke up inspired (little "i") to say that if Source meant to be private, she wouldn't have given it to anybody and kept it secret. Like you said, she wouldn't have told nobody if she wanted to keep it off line. She has counted the cost of telling this so that the curse of the flesh that Danny Shelton has brought forward might be revealed before us. If information exists, it is speech freedom, and the Holy Spirit has been in this discussion all the way along as it has revealed all hidden secrets as people have been inspired to share.

We have been shown that Danny had other problems, such as admitting to being responsible for the death of his first wife, and others that have been demonstrated here before us. Now we must pray that the details will not remain in the shadows for long but that all might be made plain so that when the Lord withdraws his blessing from 3ABN, it will be clear as to why it was done. Those with information or ideas about what may have happened must come forward because we cannot expect the Lord's blessing without doing our part.

Calvin, may you be blessed for encouraging this necessary discussion to continue. And thank you Source for posting this. Without the Lord, this discussion would have ended months ago, but through His Spirit of discernment it will hold fast.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Oct 4 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #39

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

I respectfully disagree with the "by any means necessary" perspective when it comes to people who are "alleged victims". no.gif

What God allows and God's Divine Will ARE NOT the same...

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Oct 4 2006, 01:51 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 4 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Vonessa, your posts would be much more appreciated if you were a little more careful in your recital of information. It is difficult sometimes to know if you are exaggerating for effect, or are careless in your reading, or are deliberately making unwarrented claims and conclusions that will give new readers a wrong impression as to what has been said here.

Examples from your recent post ....

There is no indication that Source is the author of the statement he posted.

We have been shown that Danny had other problems, such as admitting to being responsible for the death of his first wife, and others that have been demonstrated here before us.

No.... we have NOT "been shown" any such thing. There have been some questions asked that indicated that some have had suspicions of that ... but there has been nothing "shown" ... and there was certainly never any speculation that Danny had admitted to any such responsibility.

Now we must pray that the details will not remain in the shadows for long but that all might be made plain so that when the Lord withdraws his blessing from 3ABN, it will be clear as to why it was done. Those with information or ideas about what may have happened must come forward because we cannot expect the Lord's blessing without doing our part.

We would, I am sure, appreciate this paragraph much more had you not embedded it in untrue allegations as to what has been said here as you have done.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Oct 4 2006, 12:31 PM

+Quote Post
paleface
post Oct 4 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #41

Member No.: 1,991

Isn't "Source" a "m" meaning male?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 4 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(paleface @ Oct 4 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]155242[/snapback]

Isn't "Source" a "m" meaning male?

doh.gif.... Blush.... sorry.gif...... And in a post where I wuz complaining about someone not reading carefully! I shall go edit it real quick!

Thank you much .... if'n I gotta "eat crow" I'd shur druther it'd be fresh!

snack.gif

+Quote Post
calvin
post Oct 4 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #43

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

We have been shown that Danny had other problems, such as admitting to being responsible for the death of his first wife, and others that have been demonstrated here before us.

Vonessa you are finish here. I have said on a number of occasions that we are limiting our discussion of Danny Shelton to as it relates to 3ABN. We are NOT going to speculate on his prior life. Vonessa you have been here long enough to know better….and I will continue putting people out if you can’t follow this one simple guideline. furious.gif furious.gif

+Quote Post
calvin
post Oct 4 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #44

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

dunno.gif Wha I do, scare eveybody off? I anit mad at jus smile.gif

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Oct 4 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

Simply, read this and ponder together with my last post in the thread.

1Pe 2:13 Be subject to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether to the king, as supreme;
1Pe 2:14 or unto governors, as sent by him for vengeance on evil-doers and for praise to them that do well.
1Pe 2:15 For so is the will of God, that by well-doing ye should put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
1Pe 2:16 as free, and not using your freedom for a cloak of wickedness, but as bondservants of God.
1Pe 2:17 Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
1Pe 2:18 Servants, be in subjection to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
1Pe 2:19 For this is acceptable, if for conscience toward God a man endureth griefs, suffering wrongfully.
1Pe 2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye sin, and are buffeted for it, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye shall take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church