Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11132&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:12 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Statement - Alyssa Moore, Linda Shelton's daughter
princessdi
post Oct 4 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You know how it is when one child gets a whooppin' the rest get quiet! LOL!!! rofl1.gif
QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 4 2006, 01:18 PM) [snapback]155263[/snapback]

dunno.gif Wha I do, scare eveybody off? I anit mad at jus smile.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chez
post Oct 4 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 4 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]155268[/snapback]

You know how it is when one child gets a whooppin' the rest get quiet! LOL!!! rofl1.gif

I know that's real. We are making sure that we're behaving. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Oct 4 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 4 2006, 02:42 PM) [snapback]155268[/snapback]

Girl, that's for real...we stay out of sight for the rest of the night just in case there's some residual whooppin' or whooppin' by association! rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by Nuggie: Oct 4 2006, 03:19 PM

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Oct 4 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

unsure.gif scared.gif bottom.gif

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Oct 4 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]155286[/snapback]

Girl, that's for real...we stay out of sight for the rest of the night just in case there's some residual whooppin' or whooppin' by association! rofl1.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Oct 4 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

Oh yeah, remember that feeling when a sibling got whupped...yes.gif

This post has been edited by seeshell: Oct 4 2006, 03:30 PM

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 4 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Clay @ Oct 4 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]155209[/snapback]

victims male or female want justice.... the church has a history of NOT being supportive, of telling victims NOT to press charges.... as one who is in law enforcement as well as a an advocate for patient rights, I say go to the po po....

IPB Image

Many churches have counseled victims not to press charges. That has allowed the perps to find more victims. Not a good idea.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Oct 4 2006, 03:49 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Oct 4 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Oct 4 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]155300[/snapback]

Many churches have couseled victims not to press charges. That has allowed the perps to find more victims. Not a good idea.

thank you PB.... thats where I am coming from... churches want to keep it inhouse and the perp goes on.... in some cases continuing for years, harming who knows how many...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Oct 4 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

There is an old fable. It tells of a man with a tame bear. The man went to sleap and a while later a fly sat down on mans nose. Now this was a nice bear who loved his master and would not want him to be disturbed by a fly in his sleap. So the bear lifted his paw and smacked the fly, and unfortunately the mans head aswell. The man was never again disturbed by any flies, in fact, he was never disturbed at all after that.

From this fable we get a saying that would roughly translate to "bears service". Something which has all good intentions but with clearly opposite and probably catastrophic results. I do not know if this same or a similar saying exists in english or not.

Now to link this to the thread. How can we be sertain that this fable doesnt have anything to teach in this situation that is presently discussed in this thread?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 4 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(seeshell @ Oct 4 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]155297[/snapback]

Oh yeah, remember that feeling when a sibling got whupped...yes.gif

In my family I, as the oldest, was the Whoopee. My younger siblings learned from my mistakes. They mostly turned out better than me as well...hmmmm.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Jewel50
post Oct 4 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 1,871

QUOTE(Denny @ Oct 4 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]155201[/snapback]

If this is true I am sorry Ms Moore does not go to the police and report this . It is not the time to go into 'let the church handle it' mode unfortunately we all know what happens when that line is used it tends to mean 'cover it up time and blame the victim'.

A thousand AMENS to the part about how the church tends to cover it all up and blame the victum. I can testify to that. She needs turn him in, but not to the church sorry to say. They just do nothing to help victums.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 4 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(västergötland @ Oct 4 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]155305[/snapback]

There is an old fable. It tells of a man with a tame bear. The man went to sleap and a while later a fly sat down on mans nose. Now this was a nice bear who loved his master and would not want him to be disturbed by a fly in his sleap. So the bear lifted his paw and smacked the fly, and unfortunately the mans head aswell. The man was never again disturbed by any flies, in fact, he was never disturbed at all after that.

From this fable we get a saying that would roughly translate to "bears service". Something which has all good intentions but with clearly opposite and probably catastrophic results. I do not know if this same or a similar saying exists in english or not.

Now to link this to the thread. How can we be sertain that this fable doesnt have anything to teach in this situation that is presently discussed in this thread?

Personally I can't think of of any U.S. sayings except for possibly "his intentions were good". It is my opinion that the "bears service" could apply here.

I would love to see the Swedish word or words that translates "bears service", and a phonetic pronunciation would be nice as well. It sounds like a term I would like to incorporate into my vocabulary.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 4 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #57

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(västergötland @ Oct 4 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]155305[/snapback]

I think the english expression that would best fit this situation is: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 4 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 4 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]155263[/snapback]

dunno.gif Wha I do, scare eveybody off? I anit mad at jus smile.gif

Jish .... for two hours nobody posted in this thread ... and you think you scared us all off? Hey ... don't we get NO time for a life off of your screen. Give us a break .... slave driver!!!!! rofl1.gif

2guns.gif bangin.gif whip.gif

We'll be back soon....... tabletalk.gif.....band.gif .....group.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 4 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

rofl1.gif
QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 4 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]155316[/snapback]

Jish .... for two hours nobody posted in this thread ... and you think you scared us all off? Hey ... don't we get NO time for a life off of your screen. Give us a break .... slave driver!!!!! rofl1.gif

2guns.gif bangin.gif whip.gif
We'll be back soon....... tabletalk.gif.....band.gif .....group.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 4 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(västergötland @ Oct 4 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]155305[/snapback]

OK..... color me dense. I'm not getting the connection...maybe because I'm not sure what "situation that is presently discussed" means in this context. uhm.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church