Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11132&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:14 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Statement - Alyssa Moore, Linda Shelton's daughter
PeacefulBe
post Oct 4 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 4 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]155319[/snapback]

OK..... color me dense. I'm not getting the connection...maybe because I'm not sure what "situation that is presently discussed" means in this context. uhm.gif

Perhaps that by trying to protect Alyssa from the trauma of confronting her attacker they are actually causing her damage in the long run. That's what I got anyway.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AmeliaLD
post Oct 4 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,692

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 4 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]155251[/snapback]

I have said on a number of occasions that we are limiting our discussion of Danny Shelton as it relates to 3ABN. We are NOT going to speculate on his prior life.

How far in the past does a matter have to occur for it to be "prior life"? Just curious 'cause 6 years is a fair bit of time Or do you mean Dannys life before Linda?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Oct 4 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I was wondering the same thing.

If the prior life is connected to the present life, then isn't it relevant?

As far as this topic goes, at MSDAOL, I as the Administrator there agreed not to post it there, and, even though it has now been posted here, unless I am relieved from this agreement, I do not plan on posting it there.

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Oct 5 2006, 06:51 AM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 4 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Oct 4 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]155331[/snapback]

I was wondering the same thing.

If the prior life is connected to the present life, then isn't it relevant?

The official rule at BSDA is that everything that took place before the founding of 3ABN is off limits, relevant or not...

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 4 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

Not to defend the GC but...Don't you think it is a little suspicious to them that it is Linda's daughter making the accusations? If, they believe Linda had an affair than couldn't this be "revenge" ? So there may not be any credibility...

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Oct 4 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 4 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]155268[/snapback]

You know how it is when one child gets a whooppin' the rest get quiet! LOL!!! rofl1.gif

There were a whole bunch in my family and a whole lotta silence!
roflmao.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Oct 4 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

I'm going to apologize now for making everyone thoroughly upset but it's my opinion...

For months this issue has been discussed and I can't count how any times people on the inside said something to the effect of how critical it was to get people on BSDA so that people would know what was happening at 3ABN. (Without specifics of course) Now, after this incredible statement is published (inevitably), "source" is smacked on the hands.

I would normally be the first to say that it would have been appropriate to follow instructions given by the victim. HOWEVER, this is too great and public of a matter to be dealt with quietly and within the confines of the church.

Time and time again history has proven that most organizations choose to keep their secrets secret. So, I'm really unsure as to why this being published is a bad thing. With this statement in the open, the public has something solid to stand on.

3ABN chose years ago to keep Scott Grady's secrets secret and he went on to unknowing victims. IF GIVEN THE CHANCE 3ABN WILL DO IT AGAIN! DOESN'T ANYONE SEE? By allowing the information out it FORCES the issue to be looked at differently, and I dare say, more seriously since the church and the "business" have much more to worry about.

HAVE WE ALL FORGOTTEN THAT IT IS US THAT FUNDS THESE ENTITIES?

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
calvin
post Oct 4 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #68

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(AmeliaLD @ Oct 4 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]155326[/snapback]

How far in the past does a matter have to occur for it to be "prior life"? Just curious 'cause 6 years is a fair bit of time Or do you mean Dannys life before Linda?

Somebody help me here, but I believe 3abn started in the mid-80's? That gives us 20+ years of stuff to talk about. Danny started 3abn with Linda as his wife. Whatever happen with his frist wife is out of scope.

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 4 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Oct 4 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]155335[/snapback]

Not to defend the GC but...Don't you think it is a little suspicious to them that it is Linda's daughter making the accusations? If, they believe Linda had an affair than couldn't this be "revenge" ? So there may not be any credibility...

Uncle Sam, it sounds like to must have watched the "behind the scenes" program where Shelly Quinn preached on this very subject. In her sermon she accused the mother of using her daughter to make accusations against God's annointed prophet. She said they did not blame the daughter, that is was a scheme of the mother and the daughter was only a pawn in the game. It was clearly intended to give the spin you are now suggesting. Perhaps that is where you got this notion?

This is exactly what Danny Shelton and Walt Thompson want you to believe: everyone is a pathological liar who testifies of the heinous acts that Danny has done against them. The premise they have built their house of cards upon is that we are gullible enough to believe everyone is wrong who opposes Danny and that Danny's word is unquestionable truth. I would say LOL at this point, because it is such a ridiculous concept, but to the victims it really isn't very funny...

This post has been edited by sister: Oct 4 2006, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 4 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 4 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]155340[/snapback]

Uncle Sam, it sounds like to must have watched the "behind the scenes" program where Shelly Quinn preached on this very subject. In her sermon she accused the mother of using her daughter to make accusations against God's annointed prophet. She said they did not blame the daughter, that is was a scheme of the mother and the daughter was only a pawn in the game. It was clearly intended to give the spin you are now suggesting. Perhaps that is where you got this notion?

This is exactly what Danny Shelton and Walt Thompson want you to believe: everyone is a pathological liar who testifies of the heinous acts that Danny has done against them. The premise they have built their house of cards upon is that we are gullible enough to believe everyone is wrong who opposes Danny and that Danny's word is unquestionable truth. I would say LOL at this point, because it is such a ridiculous concept, but to the victims it really isn't very funny...

I did not see that particular show. I am not saying it didn't happen but it would be nice if someone would come forward with something that doesn't seem to have a grudge against Danny...is that something in the works?

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Oct 4 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Oct 4 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]155341[/snapback]

it would be nice if someone would come forward with something that doesn't seem to have a grudge against Danny...is that something in the works?

I'm sorry, Uncle Sam, but that just doesn't make any sense.

Would anyone be able to make any accusation without it looking like a grudge? If so, it would be a compliment and not an accusation...

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Lee
post Oct 4 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

How old was this girl when these things happened to her? It sounded like she was "college" age? Would that be 18 or older? I don't know how old she was in 2000 when she said these things happened.

But would she be considered an adult at the time these things happened? Would this make a difference in a court of law?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 4 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #73

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Oct 4 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]155338[/snapback]

I'm going to apologize now for making everyone thoroughly upset but it's my opinion...

For months this issue has been discussed and I can't count how any times people on the inside said something to the effect of how critical it was to get people on BSDA so that people would know what was happening at 3ABN. (Without specifics of course) Now, after this incredible statement is published (inevitably), "source" is smacked on the hands.

I would normally be the first to say that it would have been appropriate to follow instructions given by the victim. HOWEVER, this is too great and public of a matter to be dealt with quietly and within the confines of the church.

Time and time again history has proven that most organizations choose to keep their secrets secret. So, I'm really unsure as to why this being published is a bad thing. With this statement in the open, the public has something solid to stand on.

3ABN chose years ago to keep Scott Grady's secrets secret and he went on to unknowing victims. IF GIVEN THE CHANCE 3ABN WILL DO IT AGAIN! DOESN'T ANYONE SEE? By allowing the information out it FORCES the issue to be looked at differently, and I dare say, more seriously since the church and the "business" have much more to worry about.

HAVE WE ALL FORGOTTEN THAT IT IS US THAT FUNDS THESE ENTITIES?

When I read Source's post I noticed that he didn't make an introduction to the information he was posting as I have seen when others have posted letters not their own - such as Barbara Kerr's and chapters of The Televangelist.

Being fairly new I thought perhaps it was protocol to introduce and state whether permission had been given. I didn't feel I was slapping his hand. I was glad to finally read the much spoken of letter.

Now, who is Scott Grady and what did he do and who kept it secret and WHY?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Oct 4 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Oct 4 2006, 11:42 PM) [snapback]155363[/snapback]

Now, who is Scott Grady and what did he do and who kept it secret and WHY?

Boy are you in for a treat ... it's like hot fudge on top of this hot mess...

Scott Grady was a director who worked for 3ABN for quite a few years. Several women went to administration when Scott started sexually harassing them. Years later melody went to mollie saying that she was receiving calls from scott that were sexual in nature and had them recorded. (I should note that is speculated by many that it was actually an affair.) And to clear one thing - I was a first-hand witness to the harassent of 2 of the women and was willing to testify as were other men at the station - not counting the women. So whether scott and melody had an affair is secondary.

Once Dan heard what was happening, scott was suspended from the production truck and soon after even more women came out of the woodwork. Scott was NOT fired and there were no legal actions taken. With a dozen women's testimonies of the harassment, 3ABN felt that there were "no legal options."

He was allowed to resign and continues to work in ministries around the world. Nothing was done nor was there even a "kiss my rear end" for the women who were abused. Not a meeting, not a letter, nothing.

Scott's reputation is in tact as far as I know...that's 3ABN justice!

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Oct 4 2006, 11:03 PM

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Oct 4 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 4 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]155319[/snapback]

OK..... color me dense. I'm not getting the connection...maybe because I'm not sure what "situation that is presently discussed" means in this context. uhm.gif
Who is the man getting smacked by his bear pal? Who is the bear doing the smacking? Come on, the context is in my other posts in this thread.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church