Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11142&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:50:49 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Investigator Of 3abn
calvin
post Nov 20 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #121

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Well Google Gailon A or Gailon Arthur Joy and you won't get any hits either. Strange, nobody can tell me who he is or what credentials he has to investigate anything. Investigation is probably all a sham.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 21 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #122

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(calvin @ Nov 21 2006, 06:18 AM) [snapback]160936[/snapback]

Well Google Gailon A or Gailon Arthur Joy and you won't get any hits either. Strange, nobody can tell me who he is or what credentials he has to investigate anything. Investigation is probably all a sham.

Is Google competing these cyberdays with Mammon in the field of who is more "almighty"?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 21 2006, 06:54 AM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Nov 20 2006, 11:35 PM) [snapback]160933[/snapback]

Alright FHB - now that you have tittilated please illuminate. I Googled "Credit Management Services Corporation" and didn't get any hits. Where did you find this info?

PB,

Do a Yahoo search and include the word Vermont along with Mr. Joy's name. The first link that comes up is a partial document (you can purchase the whole thing) but it raised some questions in my mind.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
calvin
post Nov 21 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #124

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 21 2006, 02:03 AM) [snapback]160946[/snapback]

Is Google competing these cyberdays with Mammon in the field of who is more "almighty"?

No, but Google is about the best thing on earth to find out about any public figure or anybody that has ever published any document. Trying to establish this guys credentials as a hot shot investigative reporter. So it stands to reason that he ought to have some track record of doing this type of stuff. So who is he? What ties to Adventist does he have? What it his background, where can I find some of his work? Does he write for a some Christian publication? This Mr. Joy has a bad smell to it.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 21 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #125

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(calvin @ Nov 21 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]160956[/snapback]

No, but Google is about the best thing on earth to find out about any public figure or anybody that has ever published any document. Trying to establish this guys credentials as a hot shot investigative reporter. So it stands to reason that he ought to have some track record of doing this type of stuff. So who is he? What ties to Adventist does he have? What it his background, where can I find of his work? Does he write for a some Christian publication he is? This Mr. Joy has a bad smell to it.

Well! I have found a lot of interresting things about you, Calvin, through Google, but nowhere do I find the slightest indication that you have a license to run a net like BSDA! Is this an unfortunate overisght? Neither do I find that I have any license to do investigative work, but if I find a good reason to make an investigation into some matter, I would not ask anybody for persmission to do that, any more than you need a special permission to run such a splendid net as BSDA, which is a great blessing to many. If Gailon has reached some wrong conclusions, let somebody prove it. He claims he is careful not to make a statement he cannot meet in court. Does he have to be a "public figure" in whose book?

This post has been edited by Johann: Nov 21 2006, 10:58 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Nov 21 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

Except of course that having some sort of license or verifiable experience is a great credibility help when investigating alleged crime, while running a net is verification of sufficient knowledge in itself.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 21 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #127

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Johann, I understand your point....I also understand what Calvin is saying. If I needed counseling I prefer someone who has a liscense and is insured.....need a doctor--I would look for the same thing. If I needed an attorney, they would have to have passed the bar exam....

I would also look for referrals.... yes.gif

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 21 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]160967[/snapback]

Well! I have found a lot of interresting things about you, Calvin, through Google, but nowhere do I find the slightest indication that you have a license to run a net like BSDA! Is this an unfortunate overisght? Neither do I find that I have any license to do investigative work, but if I find a good reason to make an investigation into some matter, I would not ask anybody for persmission to do that, any more than you need a special permission to run such a splendid net as BSDA, which is a great blessing to many. If Gailon has reached some wrong conclusions, let somebody prove it. He claims he is careful not to make a statement he cannot meet in court. Does he have to be a "public figure" in whose book?

They simply add to credibility and reliability, especially when the exchance of money (if applicable) is involved.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
calvin
post Nov 21 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #128

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Nov 21 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]160956[/snapback]

No, but Google is about the best thing on earth to find out about any public figure or anybody that has ever published any document. Trying to establish this guys credentials as a hot shot investigative reporter. So it stands to reason that he ought to have some track record of doing this type of stuff. So who is he? What ties to Adventist does he have? What it his background, where can I find some of his work? Does he write for a some Christian publication? This Mr. Joy has a bad smell to it.

Johann or anyone else, are you going to respond to my questions?

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 21 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Nov 21 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]160996[/snapback]

Johann, I understand your point....I also understand what Calvin is saying. If I needed counseling I prefer someone who has a liscense and is insured.....need a doctor--I would look for the same thing. If I needed an attorney, they would have to have passed the bar exam....

I would also look for referrals.... yes.gif

They simply add to credibility and reliability, especially when the exchance of money (if applicable) is involved.

Yes, there is something to be said for the "done that before" aspect. If there is a track record that shows a high level of integrity then you can feel comfortable with the information presented. But this seems to be another case of - "just accept what we say as the truth without asking any questions."

Most investigations are one sided and you need to hear the investigations from both sides to be able to make an educated determination of where the truth really is. Mr. Joy is working for one side. If there truly will be a hearing before an impartial panel from the ASI ranks (a suggestion that came from the 3ABN Board of Directors, not from Linda) then we may arrive somewhere near the truth. But, as far as Mr. Joy goes - one must remember who is is working for (though the claim on his part is that he is independent, his writing belies his alligence). Additionally, there is the result of the Yahoo search I suggested to PB earlier - if the Gailon A. Joy in the legal brief is the same, one might wonder about his methods.

In any event, at this point it seems as if the only way to settle this fiasco is to play all the cards on the table and let a reliable panel suggest what action needs to be taken. However, one can only suggest - unless both parties enter into a binding arbitration agreement prior to any hearings.

-fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 21 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 21 2006, 12:53 PM) [snapback]160967[/snapback]

. . . If Gailon has reached some wrong conclusions, let somebody prove it.

No one can even comment on what hasn't been presented yet, much less prove him wrong. Once he makes his claims then, if anyone feels they can dispute it they will - but he actually has to say something of substance first.

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 21 2006, 12:53 PM) [snapback]160967[/snapback]

He claims he is careful not to make a statement he cannot meet in court.

This remains to be seen.

- fhb

--------------------

+Quote Post
calvin
post Nov 21 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #131

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 21 2006, 07:54 AM) [snapback]160950[/snapback]

PB,

Do a Yahoo search and include the word Vermont along with Mr. Joy's name. The first link that comes up is a partial document (you can purchase the whole thing) but it raised some questions in my mind.

- fhb

Thanks for the info FHB, well a least now we know he is a real person. I hope for those of you that are putting your confidence in him that his claim to fame is more than that of an unscrupulous debt collector.

+Quote Post
sister
post Nov 21 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 21 2006, 07:54 AM) [snapback]160950[/snapback]

PB,

- fhb

Fallible, looks like you prove your name again. I went to Yahoo and searched for the following:
Gailon A. Joy Vermont

The results: NOTHING

I tried Gailon Arthur Joy Vermont

SO, PUT UP THE INFO, PLEASE...

Either provide the link or print the partial document and explain what questions it raised in your mind. Thank you. Otherwise we are just taking your word and accepting your authority...

+Quote Post
calvin
post Nov 21 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #133

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Nov 21 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]161013[/snapback]

Fallible, looks like you prove your name again. I went to Yahoo and searched for the following:
Gailon A. Joy Vermont

I tried Gailon Arthur Joy Vermont

SO, PUT UP THE INFO, PLEASE...

Either provide the link or print the partial document and explain what questions it raised in your mind. Thank you. Otherwise we are just taking your word and accepting your authority...

Here's puting up for you. Gailon Joy vermont in Yahoo will get you this:
https://www.fastcase.com/Yahoo/Start.aspx?C...iateConst=Yahoo

or here is the text:

549 A.2d 1033

149 Vt. 607

STATE of Vermont
v.
Gailon A. JOY.

No. 85-026.

Supreme Court of Vermont.

April 29, 1988.

Page 1034

Jeffrey L. Amestoy, Atty. Gen., Susan R. Harritt, Asst. Atty. Gen., and Robert Katims, Legal Intern, Montpelier, for plaintiff-appellee.

[149 Vt. 608] Walter M. Morris, Jr., Defender Gen., and William A. Nelson, Appellate Defender, Montpelier, for defendant-appellant.

Before ALLEN, C.J., PECK, DOOLEY and MAHADY, JJ., and BARNEY, C.J. (Ret.), Specially Assigned.

DOOLEY, Justice.

Following a jury trial in the Washington District Court, defendant Gailon Joy was convicted of one count of embezzlement in violation of 13 V.S.A. § 2531. Defendant appeals his conviction. We affirm.

Defendant Joy was president and sole shareholder of Credit Management Services Corporation (CMS), a debt collection agency. At all relevant times defendant had exclusive control over, and directed the activities of, CMS. CMS contracted with various businesses and credit institutions to collect delinquent accounts for a percentage of the amount collected. Once CMS contracted with a client, CMS was entitled to forty percent of any amount collected on a delinquent account. CMS was entitled to this percentage regardless of whether the debtor paid CMS or settled with the client directly.

As a matter of practice, when CMS received a payment from a debtor, it would deposit the money with a Barre bank and within a month an invoice detailing the transaction would be sent to the client. If monies were due the client, a check would accompany the invoice.

In addition to the bank account with the Barre bank (the Barre account) CMS maintained an account with a Montpelier bank (the Montpelier account). CMS drew on its account with the Montpelier bank to pay its operating expenses, including overhead and payroll expenses.

In late 1980 or early 1981 CMS, suffering financial difficulties, began transferring funds from the Barre account to the Montpelier account to cover its operating expenses. These transfers occurred under defendant's direction. Defendant instructed his bookkeeping personnel to credit client accounts when debts were collected, but not to prepare invoices if there were insufficient funds in the Barre bank account.

In June, 1981, CMS entered into a contract with Stacey Fuel and Lumber Company (Stacy) whereby CMS was to collect several delinquent accounts. On August 14, 1981, CMS received a check from one of Stacey's debtors in the amount of $1,920.25. CMS never forwarded any of this money to Stacey, nor did it inform Stacey that the money had been received. Stacey terminated its relationship with CMS in August, 1982. Subsequently, Stacey [149 Vt. 609] received notice...

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 21 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #134

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

The problem with getting both parties to agree to a truely independant investigation, much less binding arbitration, it that the party at fault will never agree to it, that is, unless the deck is somehow stacked in their favor, in which case the investigation would not be independant.

Richard

+Quote Post
calvin
post Nov 21 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #135

site admin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Nov 21 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]161015[/snapback]

The problem with getting both parties to agree to a truely independant investigation, much less binding arbitration, it that the party at fault will never agree to it, that is, unless the deck is somehow stacked in their favor, in which case the investigation would not be independant.

Richard

I agree Richard....and I doubt if 3ABN is paying Mr. Joy any mind at all. As for Mr Joy making these threats of exposure, is just a lot of hot air.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church