Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11269&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:26:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Assault On Danny Shelton, horses, horses and more horses
sister
post Oct 17 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

It seems that one of Danny's horses kicked him in the head twice the other day. It is not the first time he has been assaulted by one of his horses, but it is the first time on the head. He appears to be okay, at least judging by the number of emails he has written to the investigators since the incident took place. Maybe the poor beast was just trying to knock some good, old fashioned, horse sense into him? In the past God has even used a donkey to catch a man's attention, why not a horse now?

Dan, hopefully by now you are recovering well from the collision with your horse's hooves and we are all praying for you, each in his own way and with his own purpose.

This post has been edited by sister: Oct 17 2006, 10:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 17 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 17 2006, 09:16 PM) [snapback]157190[/snapback]

It seems that one of Danny's horses kicked him in the head twice the other day. It is not the first time he has been assaulted by one of his horses, but it is the first time on the head. He appears to be okay, at least judging by the number of emails he has written to the investigators since the incident took place. Maybe the poor beast was just trying to knock some good, old fashioned, horse sense into him? In the past God has even used a donkey to catch a man's attention, why not a horse now?

Dan, hopefully by now you are recovering well from the collision with your horse's hooves and we are all praying for you, each in his own way and with his own purpose.

I think the horse was initiating payback boxing.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Lee
post Oct 18 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

I am thankful he wasn't hurt seriously. People get killed with these kinds of things.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Oct 18 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #4

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

Regardless of how we feel about Danny Shelton, it is quite serious when a person gets kicked in the head by a horse. I hope all will be well with him in this regard. That must have hurt something fierce...

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
nick
post Oct 18 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 820

I have never posted before to any of the 3abn threads.

But I ask these simple questions. They are simply for consideration. This may just be my first and last post to the 3abn poof.

Questions....
1. Do we ponder our lives before the almighty God in all this?
2. Who are we glorifying in all this?
3. Are we what we say we are?

Oh... don't let me stop you. Just pause for a while abd be honest with yourselves to the answers to these questions.

Your brother in Christ

Nick.

--------------------
"If we know Christ, we cannot be proud; if we know ourselves, we must be humble" Author Unknown

SOMETIMES YOU MUST LOSE TO WIN....CHRIST LOST OMNIPRESENCE TO WIN HUMANITY

+Quote Post
Chez
post Oct 18 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(nick @ Oct 18 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]157307[/snapback]

I have never posted before to any of the 3abn threads.

But I ask these simple questions. They are simply for consideration. This may just be my first and last post to the 3abn poof.

Questions....

Oh... don't let me stop you. Just pause for a while abd be honest with yourselves to the answers to these questions.

Your brother in Christ

Nick.

Nick,
I do. The Bible says, "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so." Sometimes, the Lord says we must be quiet and sometimes the Lord says we must speak. I am so glad that someone spoke against the injustices in society along with the racism. If not, I would probably still live in Newman's Quarters, which was located in my town's city dump area. Sometimes we have a tendency to equate speaking out against injustices we see as not living in harmony with God. One of the most vocal critics of injustices and wrongs along with other sinful acts was Jesus. Reread his parables; not only did they contain lessons of life, but they also addressed injustices and other social issues. When the Lord says "speak", we must speak. When he says "be quiet", we must be quiet. There are people here who truly love the Lord. We are not against 3ABN; we are against the alleged injustices that have occurred along with the alleged misrepresentation of God. We do not glory in the possibility that people are living in abusive situations under the guise of Chrisitian spirituality. I can't speak for the rest of the people, but I know who I am and in whom I believe. I am a Child of the King (Jesus). I owe to others not to stand back and watch them drown in the sea of humility, abuse, and utter despair. Nick, I am sure that you have asked yourself the same three questions. What are the answers? We have people who in the face of professional and personal harm to themselves and their families have spoken out against the negative issues at 3ABN. These negativies are hindering the work of the Lord. God's people cannot be silent unless God says so!

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 18 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #7

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Yes, CSDA, that is quite serious. I am all for holding Danny responsible for his actions, hoever, I do not wish him ill will. I pray that he is well.
QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Oct 18 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]157305[/snapback]

Regardless of how we feel about Danny Shelton, it is quite serious when a person gets kicked in the head by a horse. I hope all will be well with him in this regard. That must have hurt something fierce...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 18 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

Questions....

I believe that some of the post have crossed the line. With that said, I believe our church turns a blind eye to situations such as these. There are many abuses going on in our churches and schools. Although, 3ABN is not "part of the church" they do claim to be SDA so they have a standard to uphold among our people. I believe 3ABN has done thier share of mud slinging. Does that make it right? No, but the internet it is just one outlet that people feel they can share with others. Sometimes people throw around "if you are a Christian" you wouldn't act like that that is not a fair assumption. Maybe we don't always act in a Christ like manner, maybe we say and do things we regret later but when we are hurt we don't always react in the best way. We all need to pray for each other instead of condemning, but we also need to hold our "leader" accountable. Maybe some day the church will have the courage to deal with these unjustices, not just with 3ABN but our schools and churches....

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Oct 18 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #9

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

No one would dare question the donkey in the BIBLE - but you can best believe someone will question a horse on earth today.

I wish Danny the best and a full recovery. I also wonder why his horses keep attacking him....

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
paleface
post Oct 18 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,991

Some horses are very intelligent and they know how to use their "horse sense" to even the score when the need arises. I am not saying this may be the case, just been around horses most of my life. I have a great love and respect for them "four legged critters."

They have personalities like humans do, and a great big heart to match. A great education tool in love, trust, responsibility, and most devoted friend. They will not tell your most private secrets on you either.

(Now, Where can I find a pony or a rocking horse smilie when I need one?)

+Quote Post
Brother Sam
post Oct 18 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,708

Interesting paleface

You have heard how Danny treats people.

What you haven't heard and only a few know is how cruel he is to his horses-maybe they are also starting to fight back.

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Oct 18 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,252

Nick,
Did you have the same questions for 3ABN when they were sending out negative information about Linda? Did that bother you?

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 18 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Oct 18 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]157383[/snapback]

Nick,
Did you have the same questions for 3ABN when they were sending out negative information about Linda? Did that bother you?

Excellent question, rwelchers.

So, Nick, what is your answer?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 18 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Brother Sam @ Oct 18 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]157382[/snapback]

Interesting paleface

You have heard how Danny treats people.

What you haven't heard and only a few know is how cruel he is to his horses-maybe they are also starting to fight back.

This is why I said in my earlier post - the horse is initiating payback!

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Oct 18 2006, 08:46 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
paleface
post Oct 18 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,991

Does Mr. Shelton know how to "shoe horses" or "trim their feet"? To be in a position to be kicked in the head is plausable. In other words what was Dan doing to the horse? If he had been standing up he would have gotten kicked "some place else." ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I do not know about southern Ill. but, in these parts "The Humane Society" can remove all animals from the premises plus a heafty fine plus all abuse goes on your future record that you can not or limit the number of animals of ownership. 2guns.gif

Do horses have Guarding Angels too? I like to think they do.

This post has been edited by paleface: Oct 18 2006, 08:51 PM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church