Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11269&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:51:08 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Assault On Danny Shelton, horses, horses and more horses
watchbird
post Nov 11 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #136

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Nov 11 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]159954[/snapback]

Thank you Watchbird. That was illuminating and encouraging. But still, it would be nice to see some sort of official response from church leadership such as, "we are aware...we are concerned...we are looking into it".

Unfortunately, "nice" is not an adjective we have had much opportunity to use in this whole affair. sad.gif

Maybe someday it will be reinstated in our vocabulary again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Servant
post Nov 12 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Member No.: 889

I agree, thank you Watchbird for this very encouraging report. However I still have a hard time with the deafening silence.

What of the unknowing, trusting "sheep"? Who is going to warn them?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Nov 12 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #138

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Servant @ Nov 12 2006, 01:21 AM) [snapback]159980[/snapback]

I agree, thank you Watchbird for this very encouraging report. However I still have a hard time with the deafening silence.

What of the unknowing, trusting "sheep"? Who is going to warn them?

I understand the "hard time" with "silence".... I'm the curious type myself and like to know all that there is to know.

As for the "sheeple"..... each one tell one.... and then one more... and the circle of informed individuals will surely grow.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 12 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #139

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

Watchbird, I have tried to be prudent in who I talk to about the 3abn problem, but I have found that even those 3 or 4 I have shared with do not want to hear it and do not want to believe it, although they have apparantly told others. It took the form talking about me spreading lies about 3abn I got from the internet. I regret I said anything to anyone. It was not welcomed and as far as I can tell it has not helped anyone, least of all me. I'm afraid that Danny Shelton is a hero among Adventists in these parts, along with Rush Limbaugh and others of his ilk.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Nov 12 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #140

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Nov 12 2006, 03:43 PM) [snapback]160041[/snapback]

Watchbird, I have tried to be prudent in who I talk to about the 3abn problem, but I have found that even those 3 or 4 I have shared with do not want to hear it and do not want to believe it, although they have apparantly told others. It took the form talking about me spreading lies about 3abn I got from the internet. I regret I said anything to anyone. It was not welcomed and as far as I can tell it has not helped anyone, least of all me. I'm afraid that Danny Shelton is a hero among Adventists in these parts, along with Rush Limbaugh and others of his ilk.

I feel your regrets... but do not despair. God will watch over your words and they will be as seeds, perhaps lying dormant under the cold soil of hard hearts for a season... but the rains will fall and the Spring will come, and they will spring up and bear much fruit. Learn from the kinds of reactions you get to know better where your words will be welcome and fruitful. Ask more than you tell, and tell people where they can find information more than you hand them information on a platter. Sooner or later some will be in a questioning frame of mind. And occasionally even one who at first rebuked you will go looking for himself, and return to share his own questions and thank you for the warnings.

Things will get worse before they get better. Do not despair. Keep looking up. God will deliver us.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Nov 12 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Nov 9 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]159788[/snapback]

How do you know that it was taped about a month ago?

I currently work at 3ABN and was there when it was taped.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 22 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #142

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Nov 12 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]160041[/snapback]

A number of people have printed out Dr. Aril Abrahamsen's statement that is found here in this section, and shown it to their friends. He makes it clear what really happened. and this has made quite an impression around the world, also among SDA leaders.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 23 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

Thanks Johann. I do have a copy of Dr. Abrahamsen's statement that someone emailed to me. That is how I discovered this website. When anyone shows the least bit of open minded interest I will definately share it with them.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church