Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11269&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:51:04 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Assault On Danny Shelton, horses, horses and more horses
sonshineonme
post Oct 18 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(paleface @ Oct 18 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]157386[/snapback]

Does Mr. Shelton know how to "shoe horses" or "trim their feet"? To be in a position to be kicked in the head is plausable. In other words what was Dan doing to the horse? If he had been standing up he would have gotten kicked "some place else." ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I do not know about southern Ill. but, in these parts "The Humane Society" can remove all animals from the premises plus a heafty fine plus all abuse goes on your future record that you can not or limit the number of animals of ownership. 2guns.gif

Do horses have Guarding Angels too? doh.gif doh.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

Ok, Paleface...you seem to know some things I do. I know from a couple witness' that Dan has been hard on his horses, and that this is not the first time he has been injured by one of his horses. I mentioned to one of these witness about contacting the human society so they can "look into things" and it was quickly explained to me that in Franklin County, things are done a little differently...in other words, it would do no good. Now, I would still like to make the attempt to get things checked out, I'm sure that any marks on horses that shouldn't be there would certainly tell a tale of some kind....and of course, there are witnesses who could also testify to what they have seen Danny do to his horses (especially when he is mad). It's called NO MERCY.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 18 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

Come on, I am an animal person and own a horse, so I do have compassion for the animals if he is abusing them. But is this something that needs to be discussed here? It seems like "we" have run out of ligitimate things to discuss about him. I realize if a person abuses an animal it shows their character, but we have no proof that he is abusing the horses. If he got kicked in the head, it doesn't have to be an abusive situation.....accidents happen. Once again there are allegations with no proof. When if ever is there going to be proof of any of these allegations????

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 18 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Oct 18 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]157391[/snapback]

Come on, I am an animal person and own a horse, so I do have compassion for the animals if he is abusing them. But is this something that needs to be discussed here? It seems like "we" have run out of ligitimate things to discuss about him. I realize if a person abuses an animal it shows their character, but we have no proof that he is abusing the horses. If he got kicked in the head, it doesn't have to be an abusive situation.....accidents happen. Once again there are allegations with no proof. When if ever is there going to be proof of any of these allegations????

We haven't run out of ligitimate things I'm afraid, it just happens that this is another case in point that's come about...and I can swear that when Sister posted her link about Dan's accident, she did not know about his "way" with animals...we see once again, once something is told, there are more sides to it then what appears....and if we want to find someone from the humane society to go out and look over the horses, then we can know if this occurance happend d/t some harsh treatment or not. We do have people and children who can tell what they have seen in the past....I would like to see that happen. I have no clue at this time how this accident happend, only what has happend in the past.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 18 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

If Danny is an animal abuser, is it only towards his horses? Fluffy didn't seem to be afraid of him?

+Quote Post
paleface
post Oct 18 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,991

The abuse marks would be good evidence. I don't know if videoing with private video cameras is legal or not but on news TV, I notice the video can be used in a court room. Check with the "Investigators" for their input. They would know the "Points of Law" in a case like this. I do not.

Is Dan scared of the animals or is he ignorant on how to handle them by heavy handed abuse? Does he starve them by lac of feed or water? Hide his spurs!!! furious.gif furious.gif

I don't want to give anyone ideas, but I knew an old boy with a short fuse who was riding his horse out in the pasture. The horse did something that poped the old boys cork. The guy took out his 22 rifle out of the scabbord and shot that poor horse down between the ears. The guy had to walk a long ways back to the house to get his jeep to go drag the dead horse off of the saddle cinch and the bridle and go horse shopping the next sale day. That is the truth, I swear!

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 18 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Oct 18 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]157396[/snapback]

If Danny is an animal abuser, is it only towards his horses? Fluffy didn't seem to be afraid of him?

I'll have to check, but seems I was told Fluffy went to live at the neighbors? I will double check on that....

QUOTE(paleface @ Oct 18 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]157397[/snapback]

....I don't want to give anyone ideas, but I knew an old boy with a short fuse who was riding his horse out in the pasture. The horse did something that poped the old boys cork. The guy took out his 22 rifle out of the scabbord and shot that poor horse down between the ears. The guy had to walk a long ways back to the house to get his jeep to go drag the dead horse off of the saddle cinch and the bridle and go horse shopping the next sale day. That is the truth, I swear!

This infuriates me. furious.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
paleface
post Oct 18 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #22

On my post #16 I misused the smiles with Guarding Angels and that was poor judgment on my part. I am sorry. I tried to Edit and it did not work for me. You may judge me as you seem fit.

QUOTE(paleface @ Oct 18 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]157400[/snapback]

On my post #16 I misused the smiles with Guarding Angels and that was poor judgment on my part. I am sorry. I tried to Edit and it did not work for me. You may judge me as you seem fit.

I am sorry I offended you with my story.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 18 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

[quote name='paleface' post='157400' date='Oct 18 2006, 08:48 PM']
I am sorry I offended you with my story.
[/quote]

If you are speaking to me, you didn't offend me at all! I was speaking only to the way the man treated his horse out of anger....it's an awful story, but one that I'm sure has happened more times then then people know....

...and I see now which post you were referring too, and you did not offend me still - not sure why you might think you did, but no worries. I was noting that you mentioned about how horses act when possibly abused, etc.
[/quote]

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Oct 18 2006, 10:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
paleface
post Oct 18 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #24

Thank you Sonshineonme for your reply.

I must realize my culture is different than most peoples. The reason for the story was to show the foolishness of 'the guy" for getting so angry at the horse in the first palce and especially so far from home. He had to walk all they way back needlessly in cowboy boots. OK offtopic.gif

I have found in Num. 22:22-40 about Balaam and his donkey. I do remeber a verse or two about not to muzzel your Ox while harvesting? I am looking for other Bible scripture concerning the proper care of animals. I understand about the Red Heifer, the sheep or goat for a peace or fellowship offering and what they signify pointing to "The Lamb of GOD." How were the animals cared for in the High Priest's carrol and pastures? Were they treated like they belong to GOD or were they treated like common everyday animals?

Are these scriptures to be used as guidlines of how we, today should take care of our animals in our care?

Yes; No; dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Oct 19 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Lee @ Oct 18 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]157249[/snapback]

I am thankful he wasn't hurt seriously. People get killed with these kinds of things.

Working with big animals has its downside. A vet in our county got kicked in the face and it was serious.

+Quote Post
Lee
post Oct 19 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

DS is on tonight on 3ABN and has a neck brace on. He has bruises and looks quite beat up. He is fortunate to be alive. He told the story of how it happened.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 19 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Lee @ Oct 19 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]157510[/snapback]

DS is on tonight on 3ABN and has a neck brace on. He has bruises and looks quite beat up. He is fortunate to be alive. He told the story of how it happened.

And that is?......

+Quote Post
summertime
post Oct 19 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Oct 18 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]157396[/snapback]

Linda explained that when she had to leave, she moved to a trailer park where they only allowed for her to take one small dog. So Fluffy stayed with the people who had taken care of her when they had previously traveled. Danny had said on the set once (that I heard him) that he didn't like dogs because of the fleas. WHen they sat together on the front porch he would not sit by Fluffy. He did show up with her on the set once after Linda was gone and showed her off as a prop and said that she lived with a good family who had always loved her. He made it quite clear that he did not like animals who could possibly have fleas.

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 19 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

He made it quite clear that he did not like animals who could possibly have fleas.
[/quote]

That is a stretch to say because you do not like fleas you are an animal abuser. Or even that you don't like animals. I know lots of people that prefer their pets to be outside.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Oct 19 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #30

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Oct 19 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]157516[/snapback]

He made it quite clear that he did not like animals who could possibly have fleas.
That is a stretch to say because you do not like fleas you are an animal abuser. Or even that you don't like animals. I know lots of people that prefer their pets to be outside.

Okay - let's put it bluntly.

Danny has lied.
Danny has stretched the truth.

Why can't it be seen that he could have abused his horse?

Sorry - I don't know that many folks that have got kicked in the head/face that didn't have it somewhat coming.....

JMO. (raised in LA Country around horses, donkeys, and such....)

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church