Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11269&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:51:20 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Assault On Danny Shelton, horses, horses and more horses
caribbean sda
post Nov 9 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #121

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Lee @ Nov 9 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]159660[/snapback]

It might be prudent to ask for your name to be taken off their mailing list. No need to waste further the donors gifts.

well...to respond...my name is on the mailing list because I get the 3ABN world magazine which is akin to a monthly program guide. I may not hold Danny Shelton in high esteen, but there are some programs on the network that I do enjoy watching...OK?!

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Nov 9 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Nov 9 2006, 02:10 AM) [snapback]159620[/snapback]
I believe that program was taped about a month ago...

How do you know that it was taped about a month ago?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Nov 10 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Nov 9 2006, 06:35 PM) [snapback]159788[/snapback]

How do you know that it was taped about a month ago?

HOTY's statement is correct according to a phone call that I made to the office of Jeff Wilson. Jeff's picture is at http://www.willplan.org/general_conference__.html

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 10 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #124

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

A good frined of mine has just sent me this report:

"I visited my sister in Santa , and guess who was invited to speak at
the church that Sabbath. I'll give you a clue. This person was kicked
in his face by a horse? How come animals are more astute than people.
I told my sister a little about this person and said Ina and I could
not go to church that Sabbath. Several individuals were supposed to be
joining him on the platform but did not. What is happening?"

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 10 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #125

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

High profile people often distance themselves away from people that are a part of controversy....that may be all it is...

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 10 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]159847[/snapback]

A good frined of mine has just sent me this report:

"I visited my sister in Santa , and guess who was invited to speak at
the church that Sabbath. I'll give you a clue. This person was kicked
in his face by a horse? How come animals are more astute than people.
I told my sister a little about this person and said Ina and I could
not go to church that Sabbath. Several individuals were supposed to be
joining him on the platform but did not. What is happening?"

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
djean7
post Nov 10 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #126

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,616

Is it not written:" Treat others the way you want them to treat you." (?) And by the same token, we all would do well to speak of others the way we would be pleased to have them speak of us.

It is also written, "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou (we) the mote that is in thy (our) brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine (our) own eye(s).

Regardless how we may feel about someone, when we show pleasure at the mishap of another human being, we reveal the absolute influence of one the Bible calls "Satan." It brings on nothing less than sadness to read the gleeful taunts directed at someone who was injured by a horse. Where is Christ-like sympathy, compassion, and love?

Concerning Bro. Danny Shelton, we all would do well to pray to our Heavenly Father about any concerns, and indeed leave Danny with Jesus. It was sad to read that "someone got what he had coming to him," and that it was "pay back time."

Do we not realize what we are saying? Is it not true that shoud every last one of us got what was coming to us, we would all go up in smoke? We all need Jesus. We all are in the same boat. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and all desperately need Jesus.

Just as Jesus loves the one or ones who wrote the sad remarks, Jesus also loves Danny, Linda, and each of us.

+Quote Post
Lee
post Nov 10 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

djean7 thank you for those thoughts to keep in mind.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 10 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #128

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(djean7 @ Nov 10 2006, 05:08 PM) [snapback]159890[/snapback]

Do we not realize what we are saying? Is it not true that shoud every last one of us got what was coming to us, we would all go up in smoke? We all need Jesus. We all are in the same boat. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and all desperately need Jesus.

Just as Jesus loves the one or ones who wrote the sad remarks, Jesus also loves Danny, Linda, and each of us.

Welcome djean7. If you have spent time reading various threads here on the 3abn forum before you will know that your sentiments have been echoed often by some. I count myself as one who is saddened when we forget that Jesus loves each sinner here on this old world so much that He would have died for just one of us! I can't see Him being amused at one of his beloved creations being kicked in the head. I can't see Him elbowing His Father and snickering that Danny was getting some well-deserved payback.

He wouldn't. Should we?

Sin is sin and it separates us from God. And yes, all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. One difference, though, is that the sins of some have hurt many more lives than the sins of others.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 11 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

My friend did not distance himself because Danny Shelton was kicked by a horse. He distanced himself from Danny Shelton several years ago when Danny preached in his home church - because of his preaching. He felt that Danny Shelton was not glorifying Christ but Danny Shelton. This was his reason for not wanting to hear him preach again. Others may not feel this way about his preaching?

To some of us this is close to the center of the whole issue, and to me it was highlighted when I recently spoke to a member of the 3ABN board. He told me that if it had been up to him and his wife they would much rather have Linda run the station than Danny, because she preached Christ and reached the hearts of people. Another prominent member of the board has stated that Danny's marriage was doomed long before the Norwegian doctor came around. Linda was not aware of this, and therefore she did not know what was happening when Danny suddenly used the fact that she had a number of talks with the doctor about her son, as a reason for getting rid of her. Now Danny and his gang use every opportunity to tell false stories about Linda to justify his remarriage.

So often we hear, Why do the leaders of the Seventh-day Adventist church not do anything? Do you realize they may be doing more than you think? I am told that Danny received several warnings from a prominent leader in the church that he had no Biblical mandate to get married again, but these warnings were completely ignored. I wonder if the 3ABN board ever heard of them?

This post has been edited by Johann: Nov 11 2006, 03:36 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Nov 11 2006, 02:04 AM
Post #130

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

then shame on the board for knowing and not doing anything....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Servant
post Nov 11 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 889

Quote: Why do the leaders of the Seventh-day Adventist church not do anything? Do you realize they may be doing more than you think?

I'm glad to hear something is happening at the leadership level and need to know this situation is not being ignored. I would like to see greater response, i.e., in the form of a formal statement. Although pre-mature statements are counterproductive, something - anything, besides the profound silence would gladden my heart.

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Nov 11 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #132

Member No.: 1,252

QUOTE(Servant @ Nov 11 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]159938[/snapback]

Quote: Why do the leaders of the Seventh-day Adventist church not do anything? Do you realize they may be doing more than you think?

I'm glad to hear something is happening at the leadership level and need to know this situation is not being ignored. I would like to see greater response, i.e., in the form of a formal statement. Although pre-mature statements are counterproductive, something - anything, besides the profound silence would gladden my heart.

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Nov 11 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #133

Exactly right on Servant. To me, the silence seems to infer approval or unconcern. Would somebody in leadership please prove me wrong? I'm still paying tithe, but I find it more difficult each time the plate comes around to put in a few hundred dollars to support a church that seems indifferent to charges of injustice and scandal at the magnitude of the current 3ABN debacle.
I know, I know...you don't need to reply about tithe paying, how it's not our responsibility regarding how the funds are used...Jesus and the widows mite, etc. I'm just sharing how I FEEL, not how I actually believe. I'll still support the church with a faithfull tithe, but the current situation is taking some of the "joyfull" out of it for me.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Nov 11 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #134

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Servant @ Nov 11 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]159938[/snapback]

Something that all successful hunters know.... Sometimes it is necessary to "Have ALL your ducks in a row before firing the first shot". Now I've never been a hunter and never fired a gun at anything. But one of the stories I recall from my teen years is one that W. E. Straw.... SDA college Bible for years..... a good many of which were spent as a missionary in Africa..... told more than once to us academy students where he taught in his retirement years after returning from Africa.

In those days there was not much in the way of food other than what was grown locally.... and "grown locally" included the animals .... including wild animals. At times the school table depended very heavily on his skill with a rifle.... and ammunition had to be hand carried from sources far away, so one did NOT waste any shots. He was therefore very careful with his aim and told us with some pride in his voice that he NEVER wasted a bullet.... he got his animal every time.... "In fact", said he, "as often as possible I lined up two animals and got two with only one bullet." Then in a more resigned tone he would finish.... "But I never managed to get three. I got three lined up several times, but never more than wounded the third one..... so it always managed to get away."

In the 3abn situation, there are a lot more than three "ducks" that must be lined up in a row before the real "shot" comes, if there are not going to be more that are either are merely scattered, or only "wounded" and make their escape.

In the meantime, rather than growing weary of patient working and waiting, we shall have to depend on whatever information bits are shared here and there..... and sometimes silence is a better indication than what we might think.

Let's summarize some of the information bits that we have seen......

BSDA is one such "bit".... and the increasing numbers of persons who could testify from personal experience that were encouraged to come forward with their stories by the opportunity this site afforded them AND the knowledge gained here that others likewise were speaking out.

GC 2005.... nothing seemed to happen. Nothing was said. BUT.... 3abn cameras were not allowed inside the convention halls. They were restricted to only that which they got from HOPETV feeds.

Autumn Council 2006..... conspicuous by its absence was any mention of 3abn.... not even in the reports having to do with media distribution.

While I have not been keeping a detailed statistical log.... I think I am seeing much less mention of 3abn in our regular magazines and news notices.

HOPETV just recently sent out a four page information and appeal for funds letter. In it were several points that could be seen as being intended to point out the differences between HOPETV and 3abn.... although of course 3abn was never mentioned. For example (and underlining is in the original):

"We are a donor dependent ministry. While our salaries are covered by other funds, all of our life-changing ministry comes from you and others who believe the church must use television to reach the masses of people who crowd our cities and countries. You can feel good knowing that every dollar you give goes directly to reaching lost people for Christ .

"You can also be assured we hold the highest ethical and financial standards. We consider it a sacred trust to work for God and to be entrusted with His people's resources. So we don't spend money on lavish expenditures and our financial books are faithfully audited by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists."

Is it possible that it is not just my overactive imagination that sees this as a "message" flashed through the cracks in the wall of silence around official activity?

A few other indications .... several who watch 3abn regularly tell us of an increase in the use of archived programs.... an increase in 3abn productions using their own personell..... and a lessening of new programming from other Adventist media sources. I have also heard privately of at least two individuals who have not only told 3abn they will not participate in programming in the future, but who have instructed 3abn to remove anything from archives that they have been featured in.... and that others have said the same at least about future programming.

In the meantime, the pressure from below is building as more individual church members gain more information, and various church entities right up to some Division levels also become aware of the problems and start asking "WHY?" in their own spheres of influence.

And so we continue, working as we have opportunity, waiting patiently, trusting God to bring things together in His own good time.

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Nov 11 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #135

Thank you Watchbird. That was illuminating and encouraging. But still, it would be nice to see some sort of official response from church leadership such as, "we are aware...we are concerned...we are looking into it".

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church