Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11269&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:51:18 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Assault On Danny Shelton, horses, horses and more horses
sonshineonme
post Nov 5 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #106

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Nov 5 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]159173[/snapback]

PP,
At the risk of sounding dense (I admit that I'm not the brightest bulb in the candelabra) are you a present or past employee? It is my recollection that you are/were.

Seems like a photo of the Shelton home on the internet would be nice for those wise folks who like to get an idea of where their donations are being spent. Okay, maybe that's a little mean-spirited of me but it bothers me that he apparently feels the need to "hide" some very pertinent things from his donors.

The same thought crossed my mind.... blink.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Nov 5 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

I have read the post on this forum concering Danny and Linda for some time. And while the information that I see is usually informative, for me none of it would have mattered, HOMES,AIRPLANE, HORSES, MONEY, CARS ECT. ECT. ECT. Believe me even if Linda has done all that they claim she has, the most troubling and sad thing for me was that a ministry that was preaching Gods love and had the motto "MENDING BROKEN PEOPLE" would treat one of their own with such a lack of Gods love. They have done more to preach a false message than they know.I believe the proper way to approached the situation was to make them both step down (LINDA AND DANNY) and then on the air prayed for them both, not exposing either but rather offering support and prayer. It is a shame that Jesus was not exaulted as he could have been. I fault the guttless men and women on the board who did not have the spiritual eyesight to understand the work is not DANNY'S OR LINDA'S but Gods work and even though He does use us out of love for mankind He can use the rocks if need be.

It is sad that the leadership by in large (but not all) seem to have lost anykind of respect for the members. It would seem like trademarking the name ect. ect. ect. is a total lack of faith in God. 3ABN is just what I believe is a small view of a much larger problem (TOTAL LACK OF FAITH AND A LOVE FOR MONEY)

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Nov 6 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Nov 5 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]159188[/snapback]

Believe me even if Linda has done all that they claim she has, the most troubling and sad thing for me was that a ministry that was preaching Gods love and had the motto "MENDING BROKEN PEOPLE" would treat one of their own with such a lack of Gods love.

In my mind, what you mentioned above is the key issue. Thank you for again brining this important point into focus. For one reason or another, some marriages just do not work out and I accept that as one of the sad realities of life. How a tragic situation like this is handled tells volumes about each of the people involved.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 6 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #109

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Re: " . . . would treat one of their own with such a lack of Gods love. They have done more to preach a false message than they know."

I am convinced that we would not be here discussing this today, if Danny and the 3-ABN Board had done right.

Danny could have divorced Linda.

Danny could have remarried.

There would be no discussion today. But, Linda was not treated right. The discussion has gone beyond marital issues. Now 3-ABN faces issues much worse than they could ever have immagined.

They did it to themselves. And they did it in the name of the Lord that they claim to worship. B ut, for many of us, that Lord is not the Lord reflected in the Bible.

So, now we wait to see how it will turn out. The wheels are turning, and where this wagon will go remains to be seen.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
summertime
post Nov 7 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Observer @ Nov 6 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]159246[/snapback]

Re: " . . . would treat one of their own with such a lack of Gods love. They have done more to preach a false message than they know."

I am convinced that we would not be here discussing this today, if Danny and the 3-ABN Board had done right.

Danny could have divorced Linda.

Danny could have remarried.

There would be no discussion today. But, Linda was not treated right. The discussion has gone beyond marital issues. Now 3-ABN faces issues much worse than they could ever have immagined.

They did it to themselves. And they did it in the name of the Lord that they claim to worship. B ut, for many of us, that Lord is not the Lord reflected in the Bible.

So, now we wait to see how it will turn out. The wheels are turning, and where this wagon will go remains to be seen.

(Observer, you are so right about the way Linda has been treated. They ( Danny and others at 3ABN) have treated many others that have dared to disagree with them as criminals and they have done much to injure them in any way possible. I just can not understand why the Lord has allowed this to go on for so long. It goes against so many of the promises that we have read in the Bible that those who have been faithful are under His protection. I would imagine that you yourself have been under their readiness to discredit and to dishonor. I pray that this will end soon.)

' summertime'

This post has been edited by summertime: Nov 7 2006, 09:39 AM

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 7 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #111

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Re: "I would imagine that you yourself have been under their readiness to discredit and to dishonor. I pray that this will end soon.)"

To set the record straight:

I have never been employed by 3-ABN.

I am a SDA minister, credentialed by the General Conference. However, I am employed by the Federal government, and by salary is paid by that agency.

I have no knowledge of 3-ABN ever attempting to discredit me. But, I do not know.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 7 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #112

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

Yesterday evening I caught the end of Danny talking with the couple who run his trust dept. and with the director of the trust dept. of the General Conference. Of course they were talking about setting up trusts so people's money can eventually go to "God's work." One of the points that was made at the end was that the program demonstrated the support GC has for 3abn and visa versa. Does that tell us what direction things are going in? I hope not.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Nov 7 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

When was it first taped?

It could be an older one.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 7 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Darryl, I only caught a bit at the end and I didn't catch whether it was new or an old taped program. I don't know the names of those people but it was the man in charge of 3abns trust Dept. along with his wife. If I recall correctly, his office has a Loma Linda address. The other person was identified as the director of trust services for the General Conference. Lets hope it was an old program. If it is an old one, it is interesting that they show that particular one with the statements of mutual support.

+Quote Post
SandyColorado
post Nov 7 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #115

Member No.: 599

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Nov 7 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]159398[/snapback]

Darryl, I only caught a bit at the end and I didn't catch whether it was new or an old taped program. I don't know the names of those people but it was the man in charge of 3abns trust Dept. along with his wife. If I recall correctly, his office has a Loma Linda address. The other person was identified as the director of trust services for the General Conference. Lets hope it was an old program. If it is an old one, it is interesting that they show that particular one with the statements of mutual support.

The 3ABN man in trust is Leonard Westphal and his wife ( can't remember her name.) I have seen their programs several times.

I wonder if they are showing lots of old reruns now because Danny was hit in the head, and they are keeping him in hiding...

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 7 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #116

Advanced Member

Sandy, you are probably right that it was an old tape. I didn't notice any signs of injuries on Danny.
Sorry if I created a false alarm.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Nov 9 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #117

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

I believe that program was taped about a month ago...

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Nov 9 2006, 07:09 AM
Post #118

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Nov 7 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]159388[/snapback]

Yesterday evening I caught the end of Danny talking with the couple who run his trust dept. and with the director of the trust dept. of the General Conference. Of course they were talking about setting up trusts so people's money can eventually go to "God's work." One of the points that was made at the end was that the program demonstrated the support GC has for 3abn and visa versa. Does that tell us what direction things are going in? I hope not.

I received a brochure in the mail today from 3ABN extolling the virtues of their Trust Program. Needless to say, it didn't leave the post office. I simply deposited it in the circular file. My mother also received one...but since she is now deceased, there was no point in even opening the envelope. It was left in the circular file as well.

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Lee
post Nov 9 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

It might be prudent to ask for your name to be taken off their mailing list. No need to waste further the donors gifts.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 9 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #120

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

ITA...

QUOTE(Lee @ Nov 9 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]159660[/snapback]

It might be prudent to ask for your name to be taken off their mailing list. No need to waste further the donors gifts.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church