Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11474&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:50:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny’s Vision Of Nov. 14/15, 1984, fact or fiction
husbandoftheyear
post Nov 15 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Fran @ Nov 15 2006, 03:29 AM) [snapback]160245[/snapback]

That Danny was not called by God to start 3ABN. No matter if it was October or November of 1984, or any other date. no.gif

God would have used a non-adulter, a non-fornicator, a non-molestor, or a non-rapist. That boat just don't float. Excuse me while I get sick! yucky.gif

This morning I got up a member of the World Seventh-day Adventist, but this mess has me ashamed of my world church and ASI. I think I will have to re-think just what I am again! I have to re-think what I stand for.

I do not believe I have any more faith in our church leadership, and I don't trust ASI or 3ABN. How can I listen to preachers in my church any longer? notworking.gif

Today began as the worst day of my life. It has ended that way too. May God help me! dunno.gif

Fran - first - you know that God uses us all, murderers, adulterers, etc. Does it make us sick - yes, but that is our human side thinking.

You CANNOT allow for the mess with 3ABN to interfere in your walk with Christ! Please, please consider the fact that you are allowing this to affect your life and quite possibly your health. Take a few moments to step back and evaluate just how threaded Dan Shelton is in your life...and realize that none of us should give any one person that power over us.

I'm worried and praying for you, Fran.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Nov 15 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Nov 13 2006, 11:18 PM) [snapback]160169[/snapback]

A search of Google only brings up this information as far as I can find. I copied the following paragraph from “The Bible Sabbath Association” web site (link below). It appears that his Last Days Revival Ministries is based in Atlanta, Georgia so one of you folks near there can break out your phone books and get the contact info if still around. If he is still there he should, as the source, have records of his crusades on file.
OSCAR LANE, JR -- "Proclaiming The Sabbath More Fully" (1 Tape)
Sabbath Conference keynote speaker -- Founder and lead evangelist of Last Days Revival Ministries based in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Lane has been preaching for 41 years and is considered by many as one of the most powerful and dynamic speakers among SDA evangelists. Since accepting the Sabbath truth he has been preaching as a Seventh-day Adventist evangelist for 18 years. The Lord has used him through his international evangelistic crusades to raise 15 churches and to lead over 50,000 souls to the truths of the Three Angels message. He is author of 13 books and over 100 audio and video sermons. The Sabbath Conference was blessed to have Dr. Lane as one who gave "power and force" to the his proclamation of "The Sabbath More Fully."

http://www.biblesabbath.org/sabbathmorefully.html

Thanks PB.... and it is interesting that this is the ONLY google hit that comes up for "Last Days Revival Ministries." One might be tempted to ask where the writer of this advertising note got his information.

At any rate, it is a simple thing to compare the time line between this and the date about which Bob is questioning. Some questions arise.... like....

What kind of church was he associated with at the time mentioned by Bob?

Was he ever recognized as a Seventh-day Adventist minister by the Adventist church?

Does his "Last Days Revival Ministries" still exist?

Since he was/is? a black "evangelist", perhaps we are in the best place in the world to ask these questions.... and any other that might be appropriate.

For starters, it would be a good idea to read what this group has already had to say about this person.... assuming, of course, that there are not two men by the same name..... Check out the thread entitled "Who Is This Oscar Lane Character?" for starters, at http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=132613 , though this is a spin off from another thread. You can find more on Oscar Lane by using the search engine.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Nov 16 2006, 09:28 PM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 15 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(watchbird @ Nov 15 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]160305[/snapback]

Thanks PB.... and it is interesting that this is the ONLY google hit that comes up for "Last Danys Revival Ministries." One might be tempted to ask where the writer of this advertising note got his information.

Yesterday I came a cross a Google hit that awesumtenor also provided in the thread you linked to. Here is the post.

And the external link to the story, here (the article is circa 1976).

- fhb

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Nov 16 2006, 10:24 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Lee
post Nov 15 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

I am wondering something. If HOTY is correct in what he said about Linda and Danny committing "adultery" as he called it before they were married and while Linda was yet married--if Linda would do this with Danny, then why not with the doctor or anyone else?

Some may say that she was separated from her husband and in the process of getting a divorce but did she have Biblical grounds then to marry Danny?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 15 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Lee @ Nov 15 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]160318[/snapback]

Some may say that she was separated from her husband and in the process of getting a divorce but did she have Biblical grounds then to marry Danny?

Some time ago I met Linda's first husband's sister. She told me that her brother attended church with Linda for a short while. When their mother discovered this she demanded her son throw Linda out and he moved in with another woman. The mother would not have her son entangled with such a herecy as what her neighbors, the Shelton's, were promotiing. She did not evaluate Adventist by their doctrines, but by their behavior. Nobody should, should they?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Nov 15 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

There's no end to the twists and turns in this saga... snack.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Nov 15 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

OK?!!! So now if Danny and Linda was kickin' it(slang for "having an affair") before they got married, and she or he ws still maurried, it doesnt' excuse how he handled things, but it sure makes sense. For me, it now places Linda, also in the "What goes around, comes around" category............ yes.gif
QUOTE(Nuggie @ Nov 15 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]160338[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Nov 15 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(princessdi @ Nov 15 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]160342[/snapback]

OK?!!! So now if Danny and Linda was kickin' it(slang for "having an affair") before they got married, and she or he ws still maurried, it doesnt' excuse how he handled things, but it sure makes sense. For me, it now places Linda, also in the "What goes around, comes around" category............ yes.gif

Yep, yep, yep...my pastor used to say if you sow the wind, you'll reap the whirlwind... yes.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 15 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Nov 16 2006, 12:29 AM) [snapback]160338[/snapback]

Danny Shelton has maintained through this ordeal that we cannot judge him for what he did many years ago. Is he right?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Nov 15 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 15 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]160389[/snapback]

Danny Shelton has maintained through this ordeal that we cannot judge him for what he did many years ago. Is he right?

Has he said this publicly? I'm curious...

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 15 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Nov 16 2006, 02:43 AM) [snapback]160397[/snapback]

Has he said this publicly? I'm curious...

He has written this to me and said it to others. How many makes it public?

--------------------

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Nov 15 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 15 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]160403[/snapback]

He has written this to me and said it to others. How many makes it public?

I guess I should have asked if you heard this on the air. I have never heard this - but it sounds like something he would say - and then deny of course.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Nov 15 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Nov 15 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]160405[/snapback]

I guess I should have asked if you heard this on the air. I have never heard this - but it sounds like something he would say - and then deny of course.

People who offend NEVER want you to remember what they did, and the past is an hour ago according to them. They convince themselves of "how" things happened, and they stick to it. When they get finished there is something wrong with you for ever bringing it up. According to them, they did do it as you say, or they got away that long time ago, why are you still talking about it. Danny will never admit to anything that happened outside of an hour ago, and you didn't see him do.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Nov 16 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Lee @ Nov 15 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]160318[/snapback]

if Linda would do this with Danny, then why not with the doctor or anyone else?

Compare the track record of Danny Shelton and that of Dr. Arild Abrahamsen. If a woman gets into trouble it is usually because of pressure put on by the man and yet the blame is often unfairly put on the woman.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Nov 16 2006, 04:17 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 15 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]160389[/snapback]

Yes, he is right. Not very many of us have a past so squeaky clean that we do not wish to draw a curtain over some past incident(s). And people who have lived a "perfect" life can be hard to live around.

I have no problem of leaving the past in the past providing it stays there. Some people learn from past mistakes; others don't. If allegations that have been made by more than one person are correct, we are looking at some pretty serious stuff that isn't that far in the past. Let's not lose our focus.

This post has been edited by Ralph: Nov 16 2006, 04:21 AM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church