Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11834&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:26:04 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disgust!, disgusted by the smear in this site
Joe Smith
post Dec 17 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #1

Group:
This is my first time to enter the BlackSDA site. I must say I am appalled by all the allogations that are printed here... whether true or untrue.... It make no difference. I can't believe that Jesus would have anything to do with such as this. He was... and is.. about Love and fellowship and lifting up one another... sharing one another's burdens.... even the Shelton's burdens... not about destroying one another with the tongue. GOSSIP is a HUGE SIN! I request that the board of Black SDA reconsider what is slanderous and what is hurtful and take this stuff of its website.... God is not pleased with His Children partaking in a format similar to the "Jerry Springer" show.

I dont believe that God is happy with us... God forgive us!

Joe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Dec 17 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #2

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 17 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]163842[/snapback]

This is my first time to enter the BlackSDA site. I must say I am appalled by all the allogations that are printed here... whether true or untrue.... It make no difference. I can't believe that Jesus would have anything to do with such as this. He was... and is.. about Love and fellowship and lifting up one another... sharing one another's burdens.... even the Shelton's burdens... not about destroying one another with the tongue. GOSSIP is a HUGE SIN! I request that the board of Black SDA reconsider what is slanderous and what is hurtful and take this stuff of its website.... God is not pleased with His Children partaking in a format similar to the "Jerry Springer" show.

Joe

Do you watch the news Mr. Smith? If so - then you also watch things that are true or untrue....the difference is here with the 3ABN saga/mess - it is closer to home.

JESUS called folks out for what they were. IF you had the characteristics of a Fox - JESUS called you a "FOX". GOD/JESUS doesn't want folks walking around "dumb" and making choices without knowing the full repercussion of said choice.

BlackSDA is just like Television. If you don't like what you are seeing/reading - then don't read it/turn it off....but if you watch the news or read a newspaper at any time - then you are a hypocrite.

Merriam-Websters definition: HYPOCRITE<<<--Click Here!!!

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 17 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 17 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]163842[/snapback]

Joe

Welcome to BSDA, Joe.... it is quite obvious that you haven't read very far. As for "GOSSIP is a HUGE SIN".... yeah... it is at that. Almost as huge as judgmentalism. Maybe you should consider removing the plank in your eye before you go too far off the deep end here....

Just be patient. There are others who had the same reaction as you when they first came, but if you read the pinned items at the top, including taking the "guided tour" through the "Unauthorized History" threads, you will meet some very nice people, who have been hurt a very lot, and were still willing to do what they could to lift others burdens. Stay with it... you'll soon learn to recognize who has legitimate issues and who is just engaging in curiosity and judgemental comments on the hurts of others.

+Quote Post
missthg
post Dec 17 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 9

here's a thought - if you dont like what you are reading....stop reading...JMHO

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 17 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]163842[/snapback]

Joe

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Dec 17 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 17 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]163842[/snapback]

Joe

IPB Image IPB ImageIPB Image

Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE.... IPB Image ....they'll take care of you. IPB Image

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
lurker
post Dec 17 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I've just been reading Matthew 23. I'm not saying that this chapter applies to anyone just for having questions or a difference of opinion. It is directed elsewhere. And I wanted to remind everyone that Jesus was sometimes very blunt about respected leaders and the need for repentance and reform.

This post has been edited by lurker: Dec 17 2006, 01:21 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 17 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 17 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]163842[/snapback]

This is my first time to enter the BlackSDA site. I must say I am appalled by all the allogations that are printed here... whether true or untrue.... It make no difference. [Emphasis printed in red is mine: Pete]

Joe

Welcome Joe,

Adventists believe that truth makes a difference. Many people join the SDA Church, at a loss of employment and familial ties, because they are seekers of truth.

I, for one, believe the truth does make a difference. So, please read those "pinned" items at the top, and then read other threads and ask questions. As some here may say: "You have a steep learning curve ahead of you."

As someone else has said, "If we refuse to look honestly at the truth, and/or if we deny or distort the truth, the only things left to form the foundation for our lives are lies, illusions, fantasies, and fairytales. Ignorance should not settle this issue for you- too much is at stake for it to be ignored or taken lightly."

Pete

+Quote Post
Freedom
post Dec 17 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(lurker @ Dec 17 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]163877[/snapback]

I've just been reading Matthew 23. I'm not saying that this chapter applies to anyone just for having questions or a difference of opinion. It is directed elsewhere. And I wanted to remind everyone that Jesus was sometimes very blunt about respected leaders and the need for repentance and reform.

Lurker,

umm, Matthew 23:14

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 17 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Welcome to BSDA, Joe. At this point, 3ABN is one of our "less" pleasant forums. God gives us all gifts, and some have the gift to sort through the unfortunate facts when the less than pleasant business needs to be dealt with. Make no mistake, is does have to be dealt with. Good news for you is that there are many other forums here, including a joke forum and a game arcade. I hope you will stay and check out our other forums. 3ABN is only one of many.

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 17 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]163842[/snapback]

Joe

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Dec 17 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

I often wonder if the people that post like this are not sent to try and stop what is being written by simply faining to have ourtrage. Where is that same outrage when children are molested and it is kept silent for years and years while they suffer the abuse. Cults and people that abuse people maintain their control of individuals by keeping them silent in a suppose air of silence being golden and Godley.

But at least rape victims have been taught and learn that the way to stop the perpetrator of the crime is to scream it to the highest mountain. Do you know how the child molester gets away with it he tells the child not to tell anyone because of the shame and hurt it will cause. These are men and women who have a sacred trust and that being to lead people to Jesus who will lead them to the kingdom of heaven. If in their lives they have known and open sin and refuse to repeant then by all means tell it. By the way the lord told David you did this thing in secret but I will do this before all Israel and will give your wife to what turned out to be his son in front of everyone.
The prophet came before David in an open forum before all the people and revealed his sin. John the Baptist told Herod in open forum about him taking his brothers wife.

I dont know how many countless times people have been silent in the name of being God like when innocent people have been hurt.

You know what I find funny to the highest__--__--__ For years we have been teaching the investigative judgement and letting everyone know that everything done in secret will be laid open. But individuals will start telling people what God likes and does not like. It has been my experience that God out of mercy will give individuals time to repeant in private but if they try and cover their sins he lays them bare for all to see.

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Dec 18 2006, 04:38 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

For those of you reading at the other SDA Forum dealing with the Sheldon drama, doesn't the new member Joe Smith write in the same vein as

....Weetabix ?

One and the same or just coincidence?

This post has been edited by Whitey: Dec 18 2006, 04:39 AM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 18 2006, 06:07 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Hey now that you mention it....

QUOTE(Whitey @ Dec 18 2006, 05:38 AM) [snapback]163926[/snapback]

For those of you reading at the other SDA Forum dealing with the Sheldon drama, doesn't the new member Joe Smith write in the same vein as

....Weetabix ?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 18 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Whitey @ Dec 18 2006, 04:38 AM) [snapback]163926[/snapback]

....Weetabix ?

I think it's just a coincidence. There are a lot of honest people who initially feel the same way.

Weetabix disappeared around Dec. 5. I'd be surprised if he came back and posted the same, exact way he did before.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 18 2006, 08:54 AM
Post #14

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Re', it's NOT television.... smile.gif

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Dec 17 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]163847[/snapback]

Do you watch the news Mr. Smith? If so - then you also watch things that are true or untrue....the difference is here with the 3ABN saga/mess - it is closer to home.

JESUS called folks out for what they were. IF you had the characteristics of a Fox - JESUS called you a "FOX". GOD/JESUS doesn't want folks walking around "dumb" and making choices without knowing the full repercussion of said choice.

BlackSDA is just like Television. If you don't like what you are seeing/reading - then don't read it/turn it off....but if you watch the news or read a newspaper at any time - then you are a hypocrite.

Merriam-Websters definition: HYPOCRITE<<<--Click Here!!!

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 18 2006, 09:02 AM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 17 2006, 09:29 AM) [snapback]163842[/snapback]

Joe

It is true that – Gossip is wrong!
It is true that – Molesting children is wrong!
It is true that – Silence and cover-up of molestation is wrong and allows victimization of children to continue!

If there are…

1. Strong indications that a person working at 3abn could be a victimizer of young people

2. Strong indications that people in positions of power are aware of numerous allegations but have inadequately investigated the allegations

3. Strong indications that these powerful people have worked to keep these allegations hidden

…doesn’t it become a matter of principle that Christians who discover these allegations should bring the situation to light and urge people in power to seek the truth and bring justice?

If Jesus knew that a man in a position of power was molesting children would He keep silent?
Would He hold accountable only the molester or also those who kept silent or helped cover up the crimes?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church