Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11834&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:47:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disgust!, disgusted by the smear in this site
simplysaved
post Dec 18 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

Bro. Joe:

I agree with you, partially. It is gossip that way that some of the posters are presenting information--and in a different way I say that in response to some of those posts. There are some 3ABN threads that God himself told me not to ever read....not because I am an ostrich, but because some of them are pure gossip and people who have been hurt allowing the devil to take over.

Where I disagree with you is that this is relevant news--relevant to us a Seventh-day Adventist Christians and as a church. If injustice is occuring, we have to take a stand. To do anything less would be sin.

I don't read most of the posts, but it does have a spiritual right to exist.
smile.gif

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 17 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]163842[/snapback]

This is my first time to enter the BlackSDA site. I must say I am appalled by all the allogations that are printed here... whether true or untrue.... It make no difference. I can't believe that Jesus would have anything to do with such as this. He was... and is.. about Love and fellowship and lifting up one another... sharing one another's burdens.... even the Shelton's burdens... not about destroying one another with the tongue. GOSSIP is a HUGE SIN! I request that the board of Black SDA reconsider what is slanderous and what is hurtful and take this stuff of its website.... God is not pleased with His Children partaking in a format similar to the "Jerry Springer" show.

I dont believe that God is happy with us... God forgive us!

Joe

.....and welcome.gif Look forward to reading your postings in other threads!!! happydance.gif

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Dec 18 2006, 09:47 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lee
post Dec 18 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

5 T p. 51-53: "I wish my position to be clearly understood. I have no sympathy with the course that has been pursued toward Bro. -------. The enemy has encouraged feelings of hatred in the hearts of many. The errors committed by him have been reported from one person to another, constantly growing in magnitude, as busy, gossiping tongues added fuel to the fire....Some have taken advantage of this, and faults of minor consequence have been made to appear like grave sins."

"Whatever may be Bro. -------'s faults, your course is unjustifiable and unchristian. You have gone back over his history for years, and have searched out everything that was unfavorable, every shadow of evil, and have made him an offender for a word. You have brought all the powers you could command to sustain yourselves in your course as accusers. Remember, God will deal in the same manner with every one of you. 'With what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.' Those who have taken part in this disgraceful proceeding will meet their work again."

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 18 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=163516

I agree...and it has been said! Just confirmation that it is from God through His messengers! This is the judgement that God tell us as Christians that we cannot do, because as humans, it is very easy for us to develop a spirit of unforgiveness and hatred to BOTH the sin and the sinner--that and because some of us have much worse going on in our private lives.

QUOTE(Lee @ Dec 18 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]163974[/snapback]

5 T p. 51-53: "I wish my position to be clearly understood. I have no sympathy with the course that has been pursued toward Bro. -------. The enemy has encouraged feelings of hatred in the hearts of many. The errors committed by him have been reported from one person to another, constantly growing in magnitude, as busy, gossiping tongues added fuel to the fire....Some have taken advantage of this, and faults of minor consequence have been made to appear like grave sins."

"Whatever may be Bro. -------'s faults, your course is unjustifiable and unchristian. You have gone back over his history for years, and have searched out everything that was unfavorable, every shadow of evil, and have made him an offender for a word. You have brought all the powers you could command to sustain yourselves in your course as accusers. Remember, God will deal in the same manner with every one of you. 'With what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.' Those who have taken part in this disgraceful proceeding will meet their work again."

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Dec 18 2006, 10:55 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Joe Smith
post Dec 18 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #19

Group:
OUCH... the attackes from the brethern hurt... and just for expressing a different opinion. The difference, I believe in Jesus judging a man, and you and I judging a man, is that He is God. He has all the facts correct, He never made a mis-judgment. He reads the heart... we cannot. If even one of those allogations about the Sheltons...is wrong... the damage has been done... people have been scared and the message of Christ has suffered. What is being posted is 2nd & 3rd & 4th hand gossip...

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 18 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Agreed! All I am saying Brother Joe is that the discussion about why injustice is not being addressed is not gossip....telling ALL of their personal business is. smile.gif

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 18 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]163976[/snapback]

OUCH... the attackes from the brethern hurt... and just for expressing a different opinion. The difference, I believe in Jesus judging a man, and you and I judging a man, is that He is God. He has all the facts correct, He never made a mis-judgment. He reads the heart... we cannot. If even one of those allogations about the Sheltons...is wrong... the damage has been done... people have been scared and the message of Christ has suffered. What is being posted is 2nd & 3rd & 4th hand gossip...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post Dec 18 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 18 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]163976[/snapback]

Joe you are not being attacked for having an opinion your opinion is being challenged this is a discussion board sometimes views differ.

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 18 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Joe:

I think that you have misunderstood. There are more who agree with you than disagree--at least for now.

QUOTE(Denny @ Dec 18 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]163982[/snapback]

Joe you are not being attacked for having an opinion your opinion is being challenged this is a discussion board sometimes views differ.

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 18 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

No Joe.... you were not "attacked" for having a different opinion. You were confronted for attacking others and painting everyone here with the black brush of "gossipers". If you want to express a different opinion, then pick one item at a time and tell why you disagree with it.... but you had better be sure you have at least as good a reason for your disagreement as what you expect others to have for posting their experience or their opinion or the results of their research.

The things that have been posted here range all the way from snide remarks to first hand experience. You will not find much of the latter in recent posts, that is true... and the reason for that is that those who have told have no interest in repeating themselves time after time. If you will do as several of us have suggested.... go and read ALL the pinned items, including taking the link by link "guided tour", you will find for yourself which ones are speaking from their own personal experience and which are passing on information about what they have witnessed or learned through careful research.

And yes... the cause of Christ has had reproach put upon it. But at what point did that reproach occur? When someone exposed it to the light of day? Or when people were hurt in the first place? If you will come down off of your "high and mighty horse" and settle down to studying the evidence that is here for all to see..... then perhaps you won't be so "appalled" at what as being said here... and you will be a lot more "appalled" at what happened to cause people to say what they have said here.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 18 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok, but Bro. Joe, when you posted, you came out with guns blazing, comparing BSDA, at least in the 3ABN forum with the "Jerry Springer Show"(your own words). bedisdes other requests, accusations and judgements I don't know how much you have read, but a lot of it is first hand knowledge. It is easier to try to dismiss it because the information is distasteful and, therefore, hurtful for us to hear. However, just consider how hurtful it is to some of those relating their own experiences. I know it is easier to invalidate their pain, then to think that these things are happening within out church, committed by those who are not just church members but church leaders. As Watchbird says, if you have specific areas of disagreement, then it is best that you post that with your support or reasoning/opinion, but you started by making a judgement on a group of people. Did you really think they would not respond in kind?

Once again, I hope you stay to enjoy the rest of our Community!

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 18 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]163976[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
summertime
post Dec 18 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(missthg @ Dec 17 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]163868[/snapback]

here's a thought - if you dont like what you are reading....stop reading...JMHO

Just an interesting note--The name Joe Smith is so commonly used that there are 40,800,000 hits on Google for people who are using the entitity or name of Joe or the name of Smith. Easy to choose---hard to find. Combine the 2 and you come up with the anonamously used name of Joe Smith.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 18 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

WB:

I would appreciate your perspective on the EGW quote in clear context, if you please:

QUOTE(Lee @ Dec 18 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]163974[/snapback]

QUOTE(watchbird @ Dec 18 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]163987[/snapback]

No Joe.... you were not "attacked" for having a different opinion. You were confronted for attacking others and painting everyone here with the black brush of "gossipers". If you want to express a different opinion, then pick one item at a time and tell why you disagree with it.... but you had better be sure you have at least as good a reason for your disagreement as what you expect others to have for posting their experience or their opinion or the results of their research.

The things that have been posted here range all the way from snide remarks to first hand experience. You will not find much of the latter in recent posts, that is true... and the reason for that is that those who have told have no interest in repeating themselves time after time. If you will do as several of us have suggested.... go and read ALL the pinned items, including taking the link by link "guided tour", you will find for yourself which ones are speaking from their own personal experience and which are passing on information about what they have witnessed or learned through careful research.

And yes... the cause of Christ has had reproach put upon it. But at what point did that reproach occur? When someone exposed it to the light of day? Or when people were hurt in the first place? If you will come down off of your "high and mighty horse" and settle down to studying the evidence that is here for all to see..... then perhaps you won't be so "appalled" at what as being said here... and you will be a lot more "appalled" at what happened to cause people to say what they have said here.

Summertime:

People have a right to choose whatever username they want (as long as it isn't "cussing" or "vulgar") at BSDA... smile.gif

QUOTE(summertime @ Dec 18 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]163991[/snapback]

Just an interesting note--The name Joe Smith is so commonly used that there are 40,800,000 hits on Google for people who are using the entitity or name of Joe or the name of Smith. Easy to choose---hard to find. Combine the 2 and you come up with the anonamously used name of Joe Smith.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Dec 18 2006, 11:59 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eddy
post Dec 18 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 589

This is my first time to enter the BlackSDA site. I must say I am appalled by all the allogations that are printed here... whether true or untrue.... It make no difference. I can't believe that Jesus would have anything to do with such as this. He was... and is.. about Love and fellowship and lifting up one another... sharing one another's burdens.... even the Shelton's burdens... not about destroying one another with the tongue. GOSSIP is a HUGE SIN! I request that the board of Black SDA reconsider what is slanderous and what is hurtful and take this stuff of its website.... God is not pleased with His Children partaking in a format similar to the "Jerry Springer" show.

Joe

If you don't like the site, then why bother to continue posting?

rolleyes.gif To the left, to the left... everything you own in a box to the left. giggle.gif

--------------------
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. MLK

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 18 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

No Eddy, that is not fair....he makes valid points and belongs here just as much as all of us. smile.gif

QUOTE(Eddy @ Dec 18 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]164000[/snapback]

If you don't like the site, then why bother to continue posting?

rolleyes.gif To the left, to the left... everything you own in a box to the left. giggle.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eddy
post Dec 18 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 589

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Dec 18 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]164004[/snapback]

No Eddy, that is not fair....he makes valid points and belongs here just as much as all of us. smile.gif

I guess... doh.gif ... But usually when I visit a site that I don't like... I leave and look for another. dunno.gif But that was mean and I'm sorry Joe. sadwalk.gif

--------------------
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. MLK

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Dec 18 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

Joe

And yet you read it anyway... which says a lot about you... and that opthalmic lumber yard you seem to be missing when you look in the mirror...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church