Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11834&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:47:58 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disgust!, disgusted by the smear in this site
husbandoftheyear
post Dec 22 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #196

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Dec 21 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]164739[/snapback]

I keep asking but no one will answer the (rhetorical) question of #1 - How many people would want Danny Shelton as their son-in-law? #2 - How many folks would let "Chester" (the molester) babysit their children?

snack.gif

Personally, I wouldn't want Dan Shelton as son-in-law, third-cousin, or grocery bagger.

It makes me ill to think of Brad & Valerie Walker's (Tommy's son-in-law and daughter) children being left alone with him.

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 21 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]164785[/snapback]

Well, that will be easy for anyone who wants to check that out. I know the man who lived there very well. He is from Romania and has lived there for about 8 years. His name is Joesph. You will see his name on the program credits after many programs. He still works there, by the way and anyone can call there and talk to him on 3ABN's dime. Joesph just recently moved to Carbondale where his 2 daughter take music lessons... as they have for years. He makes enough money to support his wife, who doesn't work outside and his 2 kids who are now teenagers and driving and all on that 3ABN salary. Joesph chose to live there because it was handy. Maybe he had already moved out when you saw the place if it looked run down.

Joe

If you knew "Jozsef" very well - you would know how to spell his name!
And you would know that he and his family have to budget and cut every single corner they can just to make ends meet.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 22 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #197

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Dec 22 2006, 09:55 PM) [snapback]164992[/snapback]

Personally, I wouldn't want Dan Shelton as son-in-law, third-cousin, or grocery bagger.

It makes me ill to think of Brad & Valerie Walker's (Tommy's son-in-law and daughter) children being left alone with him.
If you knew "Jozsef" very well - you would know how to spell his name!
And you would know that he and his family have to budget and cut every single corner they can just to make ends meet.

If the allegations against Tommy are true, how can the denial run that deep in the family? I am familiar with the consequences of this type of denial. It hurt me and some of my brothers for years!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
sister
post Dec 23 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #198

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Dec 23 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]164993[/snapback]

If the allegations against Tommy are true, how can the denial run that deep in the family? I am familiar with the consequences of this type of denial. It hurt me and some of my brothers for years!

On the generational level of Danny and his siblings, the Shelton family is extremely disfunctional. Since the majority of them now work at 3ABN it is important to understand this fact and consider how this factor effects the ministry at large.

Not all the Shelton's who work at 3ABN are SDA Christians. The majority have had multiple marriages and divorces. There have been many affairs, including homosexual and lesbian. Children have been molested, both from within the family and outside the family. And the list continues...

The Bible says that by beholding we become changed. When Biblical principle is upheld within a family the opportunity to grow in the grace of the Lord is greater. When personal pleasure and desire is placed above the laws of both God and man the results can be degrading upon every level. The Bible also says that the sins of the fathers are visited upon the third and fourth generation. If one has knowledge of both the previous generation of Sheltons and the generation that follows it is not difficult to see what seeds have been sown.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Dec 23 2006, 04:57 AM
Post #199

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(calvin @ Dec 22 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]164976[/snapback]

I agree this whole identity game is tiresome and gone on far enough. I found it amusing at first but not anymore. So everybody STOP the accusing and implying the identity of someone no matter how subtle or boldly done. I am beginning to think that some of you have an agenda to seek the identity of other, I will ban you from BSDA if I continue to suspect you of this.

Everyone here can be as private or open with their identify as they want to be. My only requirement upon registration is that you identify your gender, THAT IS ALL and it will have to be good enough for everyone else too.

Now back to the topic at hand, what ever it was, but I know it was not this.

Clay and Di please take notice

Well said...now let's take a yuletide minute, join hands around the campfire...er table tabletalk.gif and sing...Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya... hug.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 23 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #200

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Dec 22 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]164976[/snapback]

I agree this whole identity game is tiresome and gone on far enough. I found it amusing at first but not anymore. So everybody STOP the accusing and implying the identity of someone no matter how subtle or boldly done. I am beginning to think that some of you have an agenda to seek the identity of other, I will ban you from BSDA if I continue to suspect you of this.

Everyone here can be as private or open with their identify as they want to be. My only requirement upon registration is that you identify your gender, THAT IS ALL and it will have to be good enough for everyone else too.

Now back to the topic at hand, what ever it was, but I know it was not this.

Clay and Di please take notice

Thank you, Calvin. I think it is a wise move. I apologize for my own subtle remark in this area because I do believe the identity search is diversionary, irritating and pretty much a waste of time.

Of course, now the minor sleuths in many of us will have to look for other avenues of exercise.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
summertime
post Dec 23 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(sister @ Dec 22 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]164962[/snapback]

I would be willing to swear in a court of law, with my right hand raised and my left hand on a Bible, that I am neither Linda Shelton nor anything I have written was supplied by Linda to me, or to me from Linda through a third party. As God is my witness, everything I have posted on BSDA is true.

As an onlooker, I have thought that if anyone thinks that Sister is Linda, then in essance, when you say that only Linda would know so much, that 'anyone' is accepting the things that have been written by Sister as the absolute truth when they say that 'only Linda would know so much'.

It does sound to me that 'knowing so much' means 'knowing the truth' that is being told. Or do I misunderstand what 'knowing so much' really means?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 23 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #202

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Dec 22 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]164996[/snapback]

On the generational level of Danny and his siblings, the Shelton family is extremely disfunctional. Since the majority of them now work at 3ABN it is important to understand this fact and consider how this factor effects the ministry at large.

Not all the Shelton's who work at 3ABN are SDA Christians. The majority have had multiple marriages and divorces. There have been many affairs, including homosexual and lesbian. Children have been molested, both from within the family and outside the family. And the list continues...

The Bible says that by beholding we become changed. When Biblical principle is upheld within a family the opportunity to grow in the grace of the Lord is greater. When personal pleasure and desire is placed above the laws of both God and man the results can be degrading upon every level. The Bible also says that the sins of the fathers are visited upon the third and fourth generation. If one has knowledge of both the previous generation of Sheltons and the generation that follows it is not difficult to see what seeds have been sown.

Sadly, I am far too familiar with dysfunctional family systems. I know how generational the effects of abuse can be.

Alethiea's post of Ellen White's counsel yesterday, taken from Testimonies on Sexual Behavior, Adultry and Divorce was astounding! What clear counsel God has blessed us with on these matters! The following paragraphs are so fitting for the situation you speak about:

"These are the very sins which corrupted Sodom. Their evil practices did not come all at once. First one man and woman stupefied themselves by unholy, polluted habits. Then as inhabitants settled in Sodom, they did as you are doing, educating others in a line that is forbidden of God. And so as the inhabitants continued to multiply, these ministers of sin continued in educating them in their own defiling practices until if any person came into their midst their first thoughts were to educate them in their evil work, until Sodom became renowned for its pollutions. Their sins reached unto heaven, and the Lord would bear with them no longer. He destroyed them and all that was beautiful, that made it as a second Eden, for the earth was defiled under the inhabitants thereof. {TSB 126.2}"

Satan's device of lust can have such a pervasive impact once it takes hold of a family. This type of behavior does not fit for those who truly claim the name of Christ. If it continues it speaks to the true condition of the heart.

"These bodies that you tamper with are the purchased property of Jesus Christ. I knew this was your sin, but I knew also that if the truth was enthroned in your heart it would make this sin appear to you in its true enormity, for truth brought into the soul temple will expel lust and defilement from the heart. . . . {TSB 126.3}"

I was struck by these further words of counsel:

"If man is to become immortal, his mind must be in harmony with God's mind. The true disciple in the school of Christ, whose mind is in harmony with the mind of God, will be not only constantly learning, but teaching as well as learning, constantly reflecting light, teaching upward and away from the common, prevailing errors of this perverse and adulterous generation. . . . {TSB 116.1}"

How we live our lives is a testimony to those around us. If we allow God to call us out of darkness and into His wonderful light many unbelievers will be prepared for Jesus when He returns.

1Peter 2:9 – 17
"9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
11 Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16 Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17 Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king."

Of course, if those who purport to be followers of Christ actually continue to walk in darkness, denying the power of the Light, how many souls will be lost to Satan by their false testimony?

I just have to repeat once more "for truth brought into the soul temple will expel lust and defilement from the heart. . . . "

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Dec 23 2006, 02:17 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church