Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11907&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Steps Down?
Aletheia
post Dec 26 2006, 07:38 AM
Post #61

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Observer @ Dec 26 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback]165570[/snapback]

To all:

We need to be very careful about any unconfirmed statement that Danny has (will step) stepped down. IF we are not, we will end up looking like fools.

Or worse...

Pro 10:18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

Yes, caution is needed. For it's not only liars but those who love the lies who won't enter the city.

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look,
a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies,
and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Pro 6:16-19

Rom 1:29-32
And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Examine yourselves, for I am not talking about anyone specifically here, this caution applies to myself as well.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Dec 26 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,851

Yes, we heard Danny Shelton say a few months ago on a 3ABN Live program that he would be going on a leave of absence, which hasn't happened yet, therefore, I would strongly question something like this that wasn't heard from the lips of Danny Shelton on either a live or taped 3ABN program.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Dec 26 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

I have mixed emotions about this whole mess. What is done is done, Danny and Linda are not getting back together, he has moved on....as I have said to Danny you need to let all of this go, 3ABN needs to quit "defending" themselves and get back to spreading the gospel.

I feel they need to clean house. John Lomacang needs to go, Shelly Quinn, Molly etc. They were all there throughout the "breakup" and have too much resentment to do anyone any good. I use to really enjoy JL's singing now I cannot stand to see or hear him.

I have issues with some things that I have seen first hand. I called John Lomacang on a couple things I have heard him say. All he said was he didn't mean it the way it sounded. I have issues with Melody getting pregnant out of wedlock and that was never addressed, I feel if she wanted to continue on TV maybe she should have apologized or something. That happened to our neighbors who were in the ministry it destroyed their ministry.

I have seen some of the housing at 3ABN that is less than desirable. We had thought about going to work up there at one time. Until we saw the housing and other things. We could have afforded our own house but I just couldn't get it out of my mind that the "higher ups" knew how the employees were living. I understand Linda was also part of this, but she is not there anymore. The issue is what should happen now? I do not think she was innocent in all of this either. I think bad choices were made by both parties. I don't know if she had an affair I think we are past that.

It has always been for me anyway, did they act like Christians? Are they now? One thing I don't understand, if there is proof of sexual misconduct towards children, why does Danny's ex son inlaw allow his children to still live in this mess? If I had proof I would expose them all to protect my children...

+Quote Post
Grace
post Dec 26 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Dec 26 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]165605[/snapback]
I have mixed emotions about this whole mess. What is done is done, Danny and Linda are not getting back together, he has moved on....as I have said to Danny you need to let all of this go, 3ABN needs to quit "defending" themselves and get back to spreading the gospel.

I feel they need to clean house. John Lomacang needs to go, Shelly Quinn, Molly etc. They were all there throughout the "breakup" and have too much resentment to do anyone any good. I use to really enjoy JL's singing now I cannot stand to see or hear him.

I have issues with some things that I have seen first hand. I called John Lomacang on a couple things I have heard him say. All he said was he didn't mean it the way it sounded. I have issues with Melody getting pregnant out of wedlock and that was never addressed, I feel if she wanted to continue on TV maybe she should have apologized or something. That happened to our neighbors who were in the ministry it destroyed their ministry.

I have seen some of the housing at 3ABN that is less than desirable. We had thought about going to work up there at one time. Until we saw the housing and other things. We could have afforded our own house but I just couldn't get it out of my mind that the "higher ups" knew how the employees were living. I understand Linda was also part of this, but she is not there anymore. The issue is what should happen now? I do not think she was innocent in all of this either. I think bad choices were made by both parties. I don't know if she had an affair I think we are past that.

It has always been for me anyway, did they act like Christians? Are they now? One thing I don't understand, if there is proof of sexual misconduct towards children, why does Danny's ex son inlaw allow his children to still live in this mess? If I had proof I would expose them all to protect my children...

Uncle Sam, I don't think Linda is guilty of an affair. I still agree that she might have done a few things wrong. Don't we all? That doesn't justify bashing her and making her look like an adulterous woman, as Danny and his "friends" have done. To me, that's totally unchristian. And I feel offended by what Danny and his "friends" did to her, as well as them not addressing Danny's, Melody's, her new husband's and Tommy's misconducts. How can the Lord bless the ministry of 3ABN if there's not repentance, confession and cleanning up on the part of the people leading it? Look at what happened in ancient Israel! sad.gif

About your last question, it didn't occur to me, but now that you say it, yeah, I find myself making the same reflexions.

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Joe Smith
post Dec 26 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #65

Group:
QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Dec 26 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]165605[/snapback]

Danny has expressed to me MANY times how he would love to move on, people won't let him. Charges of incest, wife beating, embezlement, misuse of funds,
misuse of the plane, liar, deceiver and many others, dating way back for 30 years. Do you suppose that GOd would have called a man such as that to start 3ABN in the first place if those charges were correct? God knew the kind of man He was calling for this work. It seems people don't want to hear positive things.

I can agree, there needs to be some changes made to the staff. I don't have all the facts so I can't say exactly who.

Again, I agree. If these are true... then Daryl (Danny's ex son-in-law) why are your kids still in the area? Is there a reason you don't want to bring this to the aurthorities??

Joe

post edited for content by staff

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 26 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #66

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

God can use anyone to do what needs to be done.... the question is did God call or did Danny just decide that 3abn was what he wanted to do?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 26 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #67

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 26 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]165613[/snapback]

Again, I agree. If these are true... then Daryl (Danny's ex son-in-law) why are your kids still in the area? Is there a reason you don't want to bring this to the aurthorities??

Joe

Well now isn't this interesting.... Joe supposedly knows the family so well he knows what can be known of Danny's private life .... yet he doesn't know Danny's ex son-in-law or how to spell his name. And the implications behind this comment about "authorities".... uhm.gif ....... scratchchin.gif .....

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 26 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(watchbird @ Dec 26 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]165621[/snapback]

Well now isn't this interesting.... Joe supposedly knows the family so well he knows what can be known of Danny's private life .... yet he doesn't know Danny's ex son-in-law or how to spell his name. And the implications behind this comment about "authorities".... uhm.gif ....... scratchchin.gif .....

Let's find fault with people who don't spell people's name correctly?

Is it worth asking why, if this is important; you didn't find fault with "Sister for mispelling Joseph's/Josef's name also?

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 21 2006, 10:13 PM)

Well, that will be easy for anyone who wants to check that out. I know the man who lived there very well. He is from Romania and has lived there for about 8 years. His name is Joesph. You will see his name on the program credits after many programs. He still works there, by the way and anyone can call there and talk to him on 3ABN's dime. Joesph just recently moved to Carbondale where his 2 daughter take music lessons... as they have for years. He makes enough money to support his wife, who doesn't work outside and his 2 kids who are now teenagers and driving and all on that 3ABN salary. Joesph chose to live there because it was handy. Maybe he had already moved out when you saw the place if it looked run down.

Joe

sister Dec 21 2006, 10:36 PM Post #144:
You failed to mention that Joseph P. and his family came to the USA on a tourist visa and never left, he has been working and living illegally in Illinois for many years, with the full knowledge of Danny Shelton and 3ABN. Under the circumstances, where else could he and his family live, but in a shack on 3ABN property. I wonder how Joseph was paid by 3ABN since he had no "green card".

Poor, Joseef has he been arrested by immigration now? and again, how did Linda avod accusation or blaming or finding fault, while Danny again is appointed to take the fall?

BUT-- Here's the REAL point, for any parent.

If your child was around someone that you thought was a child molester...

What would you do? Seek to expose the pervert, or his employer?

Would you. Investigate, try to prove this, by talking to all involved and bringing that evidence forward so that no doubt remains, and verify it with child protection services and law enforcement, OR --- go on the internet and accuse another of sheltering and hiring that child molester, while not doing proving to those who could do something about it that the man was a child molester, while your children remain in danger?

I, personally, would take my children, and insist possession is 9/10's of the law and demand an investigation and that people answer before leaving my children in that position.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Dec 26 2006, 11:37 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 26 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #69

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Dec 26 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback]165613[/snapback]

Do you suppose that GOd would have called a man such as that to start 3ABN in the first place if those charges were correct?

That's a good question, Joe. What do you think?
  • Would God call a man who says that his name is on the title of Linda's Toyota Sequoia till now when it never has been?
  • Would God call a man who misleads his own board chairman about the serious nature, wide extent, and recent timing of the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations, thus potentially involving 3ABN and the IL Conf. in future liability amounting to millions of dollars?
  • Would God call a man who writes such ugly replies to those who have questions?
  • Would God call a man who threatens people with lawsuits in order to silence their concerns about child molestation?
I think at this point we need to SEE rather than hear solid evidence that God did indeed call Danny Shelton to start 3ABN.

At any rate, let's hear your thoughts: Would God call a man who has been proven to have done these things to start a ministry like 3ABN? Tell us what you think.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 26 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Dec 26 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]165628[/snapback]

Let's find fault with people who don't spell people's name correctly?

Is it worth asking why if this is important; Why didn't you find fault with "Sister for mispelling Joseph's/Josef's name also

Here's the point, for any parent.

If your child was around someone that you thought was a child molester...

What would you do? Seek to expose the pervert, or his employer?

Investigate, try to prove this, by talking to all involved and bringing that evidence forward so that no doubt remains, and verify it with child protection services and law enforcement, or go on the internet and accuse another of sheltering and hiring that child molester, while not doing so, while your children remain in danger?

I, personally, would take my children, and insist possession is 9/10's of the law and demand an investigation and that people answer before leaving my children in that position.

Just maybe you should do more of the kind of investigation you keep insisting that others do before you are so quick to make rash statements about what YOU would or would not do in such a situation. Keeping in mind that taking one's children and running is in itself a Federal crime and that while women occasionally get away with it, men seldom do... you also might be a little realistic and try to imagine where one would "run to" under those circumstances... and how one would manage to accomplish it.... with no financial resources and when the one you would be running from has unlimited finances to hire as many PIs as he wishes.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 26 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Joe, feel free to provide us with concrete, irrefutable proof regarding what you allude to about Danny's ex-son-in-law.

Do consider that since Danny has misled his board chairman about the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations and falsely stated that his name is on the title of Linda's Toyota Sequoia, if Danny is the sole source of your information, it is possibly suspect from the start.

What is the source of your info? If not Danny, where did your source get their info? Who has firsthand information, and can they substantiate it with something concrete?

Beware, though, one of the signs of unrepentance is an unwillingness to acknowledge errors contrasted with an eagerness to attack and blame others. See Gen. 3.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Dec 26 2006, 11:56 AM

+Quote Post
Lee
post Dec 26 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Solid evidence? What about Matthew 28:19-20.

Do any of you have ANY inkling of WHAT it takes to start something like what Danny did in starting 3ABN? Anyone could do it since the promise is right there in the Bible. But it takes FAITH and Danny believed God would help him which He did. God has blessed His work.

Now you people are wanting "solid evidence" that Danny was "called." What a bunch of crock. God HAS "called" all of us to do a work for Him! We are all a part of the "body" He has called to work for Him. But you people are trying to kill off a big chunk of "that body."

What we don't understand is that in trying to kill off that part of the body, we kill ourselves in the process.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 26 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Dec 26 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]165639[/snapback]

Solid evidence? What about Matthew 28:19-20.

Do any of you have ANY inkling of WHAT it takes to start something like what Danny did in starting 3ABN? Anyone could do it since the promise is right there in the Bible. But it takes FAITH and Danny believed God would help him which He did. God has blessed His work.

Now you people are wanting "solid evidence" that Danny was "called." What a bunch of crock. God HAS "called" all of us to do a work for Him! We are all a part of the "body" He has called to work for Him. But you people are trying to kill off a big chunk of "that body."

What we don't understand is that in trying to kill off that part of the body, we kill ourselves in the process.

you people? who is the you people you are referring to? Are you related to Ross Perot? He seemed to like that phrase...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 26 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Lee,

Surely you understand that one of the chief excuses for not doing anything is that Danny was called by God.

To my knowledge, the fact that an average church member up for church discipline over some horrendous sin was called by God like all of us have been, to my knowledge that fact is never used as an excuse for not doing anything.

Danny's case is different in both the nature of the alleged call and the way that call is being used. He claims to have been called like Moses. And others support that claim, like John Lomacang when he essentially stated on August 10 over 3ABN that it is wrong to disagree with Danny, and explicitly compared Danny to Moses.

When it comes to my being able to prove the claim, an excuse for not doing anything, I have no proof at this point. So there isn't any problem with my asking for proof. To the contrary, there is a serious problem with those who want to beg the question on this one, and then use it to justify not doing anything.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 26 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

thanks for the clarification Pickle.... why would anyone want to compare themselves to Moses? That is a tall order to fill....

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church