Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12000&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:43:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asi Mediation Fails!
Johann
post Jan 6 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 6 2007, 06:16 PM) [snapback]167945[/snapback]

---
"How many of you proponents/opponents would allow Tommy Shelton to babysit your children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews?"

---
*sigh*

Someone's child is in danger.... my LORD!

You remind us to be serious - thank you. Several people are trying now to sidestep the real issue so our attention is somewhere else.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 6 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 6 2007, 05:51 AM) [snapback]167910[/snapback]

Alexa is an interesting site. Formore information in regard to 3-ABN, from Alexia, I suggest that you visit the following URL:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_...ls?url=3abn.org

However, it is also interesting to look at the information that Alexa has available on other websites of interest to us, and see how that they are doing:

maritime-sda-online.org Rated 71,375

3abn.org Rated 165,947

blacksda.com Rated 277,715

adventistforum.com Not Rated

NOTE: In the above, smaller numbers have more traffic.

One of the intereting bits of information that one can learn from Alexa is the trend. Alexa rates in Traffic, Reach per million users, and page views per user.

Here are the trends:

Maritime: Down: 1,956, 2% & 13%

3-ABN: Down: 44,682, 24% & 6%

Blacksda: Down: 108,981, 29% & 42%

Folks, in fairness to all, if we are to rate 3-ABN by Alexa, we ought to compare that rating with some other Alexa ratings. That, I have done above.

Alexa is vaulable. But, what does the above mean? Are we going to say that 3-ABN trumps Black SDA? I don't think so!

Knowing what things mean is the $60 question. yes.gif

Gregory,

I can't answer your question about 3ABN trumping Blacksda, because you are only posting 3-month moving averages for the Christmas season, and it just confuses more than clarifies.

However, I can say this: Over the past two years, Alexa has indicated that Blacksda has steadily gained more Web traffic.

Danny says Danny's network is expanding, not Adventistform. Danny makes no claims about the success of any other entities other than his own network.

It would not seem logical to me that if Danny mentions 3ABN, that we must consider all other Web sites, to be fair to all.

One issue, that I did not even touch upon, is that we now have a proliferation of new cable TV networks. Let me illustrate:

Ten years ago, there was only one Trinity Broadcasting Network. Now Trinity has 4 separate networks and is growing. With this comes segmentation and fractionalization of the TV audience.

For the sake of my illustration, if you just add Loma Linda and Hope networks to those Trinity Broadcasting channels mentioned -- and maybe SafeTV -- you quickly have seven networks where there was once one or two national networks.

1. Hope
2. Loma Linda
3. Trinity
4. Church Channel
5. JCTV
6. Smile of a Child
7. SafeTV

In cable TV, this numerical growth is happening across the board in all types of networks. I have read press releases during months when there were as many as 14 new cable networks either being launched, scheduled to be launched, or in the planning stages.

The playing field for cable channels is getting so crowded that it may be very difficult for 3ABN to stumble into a big public relations fiasco -- with public media involved -- and still make a meaningful recovery when there are so many alternative TV networks out there to choose from.

All indications, as I interpret them, is that 3ABN has been in a slow, long-term decline in actual viewership. They've lost Sky Angel carriage. They're now off the air in India. I don't see any reason for optimism with the current problems hanging over them.

Pete

+Quote Post
howdy
post Jan 6 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 6 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]167984[/snapback]

Knowing what things mean is the $60 question. yes.gif

Gregory,

I can't answer your question about 3ABN trumping Blacksda, because you are only posting 3-month moving averages for the Christmas season, and it just confuses more than clarifies.

However, I can say this: Over the past two years, Alexa has indicated that Blacksda has steadily gained more Web traffic.

Danny says Danny's network is expanding, not Adventistform. Danny makes no claims about the success of any other entities other than his own network.

It would not seem logical to me that if Danny mentions 3ABN, that we must consider all other Web sites, to be fair to all.

One issue, that I did not even touch upon, is that we now have a proliferation of new cable TV networks. Let me illustrate:

Ten years ago, there was only one Trinity Broadcasting Network. Now Trinity has 4 separate networks and is growing. With this comes segmentation and fractionalization of the TV audience.

For the sake of my illustration, if you just add Loma Linda and Hope networks to those Trinity Broadcasting channels mentioned -- and maybe SafeTV -- you quickly have seven networks where there was once one or two national networks.

1. Hope
2. Loma Linda
3. Trinity
4. Church Channel
5. JCTV
6. Smile of a Child
7. SafeTV

In cable TV, this numerical growth is happening across the board in all types of networks. I have read press releases during months when there were as many as 14 new cable networks either being launched, scheduled to be launched, or in the planning stages.

The playing field for cable channels is getting so crowded that it may be very difficult for 3ABN to stumble into a big public relations fiasco -- with public media involved -- and still make a meaningful recovery when there are so many alternative TV networks out there to choose from.

All indications, as I interpret them, is that 3ABN has been in a slow, long-term decline in actual viewership. They've lost Sky Angel carriage. They're now off the air in India. I don't see any reason for optimism with the current problems hanging over them.

Pete

Re ASI mediation fails!...Of course it failed. No way ASI could be considered neutral and that was obvious from the start. And who wanted "mediation" anyway? Most of us just want verified facts.

Mr Joy is supposed to have them, Johann is supposed to have them, as well as others who claim to have them. It's way past time for full disclosure so that the matter can be put to rest.

I have no love for 3ABn as such but I have to question the validity of those people who continue to make claims and wont produce the evidence.

howdy

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 7 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #34

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

...and who is gonna let Tommy Shelton babysit their kids? That's what I want to know. That way when it happens again (and it will) the words will wash their faces.

...and sadly - the face of their children/grandchildren/nieces & nephews... sadwalk.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 7 2007, 10:47 AM) [snapback]168066[/snapback]

Calvin,

Here is the only other email Bob Pickle has posted that would fit within the time frame he references (both postings I have provided are completely unedited and appear in their entirety so that readers can arrive at their own reasoned conclusions. The only difference is that I bolded the lines -in this posting- that substantiate my claims in my earlier post about Dr. Thompson's comments).

------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Possible way to win 3ABN critics.
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:04:53 -0600

Dear Bob,

---
(I will make this one further comment. Whereas there are many accusations on the Internet alledging that Danny cannot be trusted, I disagree. I have known Danny now since the beginning of the ministry. Now more than 23 years. I have been fully appraised of many of the difficulties that he has faced durhoseh ting that time. While Danny sees things from his perspective, as we all do, he is honest and trustworthy. I have found no reason to distrust his reports to me. Yes, there are occasions when after having spoken with both sides of an issue it has been a matter of he said vs she said, but in all situations where I could know the facts, Danny has proven true.)

---

Sincerely,

Walt

A beautiful statement of solidarity by you, Walt! It is your privilege to disagree with those of us who have experienced Danny Shelton in a different light than you have. As I communicated with Linda on several occasions during her trials in 2004, and I also spoke with you on the phone, I discovered clearly where you bias was. You decided it was more expedient to side with Danny than to believe anything Linda would tell you. Danny made it clear to you that Linda was a liar, and you trusted him explicitly.

As you know, it was Elder Owen Troy, a friend since we worked together in mission service in West Africa, who got me involved with 3ABN after I retired from serving the Seventh-day Adventist Church for about half a century. (Exposing my age!) I trusted Owen, and was therefore convinced the work of 3ABN was honorable and a great service to our Church, and with great enthusiasm I travelled through Europe promoting 3ABN and communicating with Church leaders, several of whom I had known through my previous work.

At first it amazed me to discover with what reluctance several of the Church leaders would have any dealings with 3ABN. When I questioned these good brethren, they told me it was due to questionable dealings of Mr. Danny Shelton.

At one point I wanted to introduce 3ABN to the Church in Norway, and I spoke with President Tor Tjeransen (whose father was a schoolmate of mine). He told me of the reluctance of the Brethren, and he even posted to me the offical minutes of the Trans European Division, which were the basis of why this Divison refused to have anything to do with 3ABN.

I studied these minutes with the scrutiny of Mr. Fallible, discovered some loopholes, and I confronted the Brethren with these. I lobbied faithfully with leaders in conferences, unions, divisions, and the General Conference. Somehow I managed to get their unofffical consent. They saidion to me verbally, but not in writing, Go ahead with your work for 3ABN, but don't let it interefere with our mission, and never state that we have given you an official approval! (You notice I got nothing in writing, so I am here merely giving the gist of what some of these med said to me verbally.) I thought, Fair enough, with Divine help I will work under these conditions. And I fought to convince everybody that Mr. Danny Shelton was a trustworthy person, just like you, Walt, Mr. Fallible, and certain others, are still doing.

What forced me to chage my mind? It was when Danny insisted that Dr. Arild Abrhamsen was in Florida together with Linda at a time when my wife, Irmgard, and I were staying with him in Norway, and she was getting daily treatments from him for her cancer. I knew that it was impossible for him to be in Florida and Norway at the same time. So when Danny kept insisting I knew that the Brethren had a reason why they did not trust Mr. Danny Shelton. It merely strengthen my conviction when Danny then started speaking of 'spiritual adultery', and used all kinds of other ridiculous inventions to prove Linda's guilt, and it has been amazing to see how he with his fabulous salesmanship has been able to convince both you, Walt, and several others, that he is still trustworthy. May God have mercy! How will you be able to stand in the final day of accountability?

I have made a vow with my Lord to stand for the TRUTH and nothing but the truth. It would have been much easier for me personally to support my boss, Mr. Danny Shelton. But that is not what counts in Heaven. The Lord does not want me merely to take the easy way out of this.

There was a time I felt the best way for me was to withdraw from this messy case. I pleaded with the Lord in prayer. Towards morning I fell asleep, and I heard a clear voice speaking to me, If you withdraw and refuse to testify what you have experienced, you will be counted guilty of the crime committed!

So hear I stand - and help me my Lord!!!

Give me a solid proof that I am wrong, and I will support Danny.

This post has been edited by Johann: Jan 7 2007, 09:33 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Jan 7 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
No sure which poster it was that mentioned these “yes men” as part of the problem, not only at 3ABN but a few others up a few rungs on the corporate ladder may have a few things to unlearn as well in order to be changed into “no” men when “no” should have been on their lips from the very start.

“But now time is almost finished, and what we have been years learning, they will have to learn in a few months. They will also have much to unlearn and much to learn again. Those who would not receive the mark of the beast and his image when the decree goes forth, must have decision now to say, Nay , we will not regard the institution of the beast.” EW 67
===========
This definition given in the post above using the word "sham" is a good word & does apply, but it should not be used on the innocient being fed bogus information if they were just honestly mistaken, as it is getting to late in the day for such to remain under this cloud.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

There is a clarion call to be true and honest and to cleanse all filth and lucre from the church before the final events transpire and we see the small cloud of glory in the sky showing us that Jesus in approaching. Who will be true and faithful and give up their cherished darling sins?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 7 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Ed, I recommend that you make your points in a way that kindly invites folks to take a stand. There is no need to make people defensive when another course is possible.

People all over have honestly believed that Danny was in the right. Whenever possible we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 7 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #39

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Child molestation people....CHILD MOLESTATION.

I will say that every now and then to remind people..... could it be your child or one of your loved one's next?

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2007, 06:31 PM) [snapback]168113[/snapback]

Child molestation people....CHILD MOLESTATION.

I will say that every now and then to remind people..... could it be your child or one of your loved one's next?

You have posted some intersting mottoes for the past 3 years. What will it be for 2007?

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 7 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #41

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 7 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]168119[/snapback]

You have posted some intersting mottoes for the past 3 years. What will it be for 2007?

I know it's off topic...but you know Johann... I'm actually working on one right now....

Gimmie till mid-month - end of January.... I want to put some thought into it...

I got one tho'..... I been meaning to say it.... but it won't be the only one....

"Droppin' rocks since 1971..."

Meaning? Not sinless am I (Yoda speak) - therefore I can't be tossing stones at glass houses, trying to pull toothpicks outta my brother's eye, etc. I've been slowly dropping my rocks since I was born...how many others are droppin' their rocks? How many folks are making it about "protecting the innocents" and not themselves?

*end rant*
Sorry....I got sidetracked.....
sadwalk.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jan 7 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]168179[/snapback]

I know it's off topic...
How many folks are making it about "protecting the innocents" and not themselves?

*end rant*
sadwalk.gif

you're not off topic... nor sidetracked... cuz thats exactly what its all about

remember what Jesus said in Luke 17, that its gonna be like sodom in the days when He comes back...
when you think about it, if "those people" would do that to strangers, what in the world were they doing to their own children behind closed doors??

now that don't mean that we haveta sit back and let it happen just cuz Jesus said it would...

what needs to be done about two brothers who appear to use and abuse underage children??
lets start walkin the talk...

This post has been edited by roxe: Jan 7 2007, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Jan 7 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 7 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]168111[/snapback]

Ed, I recommend that you make your points in a way that kindly invites folks to take a stand. There is no need to make people defensive when another course is possible.

People all over have honestly believed that Danny was in the right. Whenever possible we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Pickle what part of my post above in your opinion should be toned down, was it the SOP I used that cut the chase & did the cutting? There is no nice way to tell "yes men" that they made a bad mistake and should have said "no" at the right time to nip some of this mess in the bud. We are talking about conference presidents knowing most of the things you now know long before you knew it. Are they not appointed by God to be a watchmen on the walls of Zion to tell the innocient when the enemy is approaching? If they are not true watchmen them we elected the wrong people.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 7 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]168179[/snapback]

How many folks are making it about "protecting the innocents" and not themselves?

*end rant*
sadwalk.gif

Dunno about innocents... but there seem to be more than few of the johnny-come-lately crew seeking to protect the not-so-innocent... even if it is at the expense of the innocent...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 7 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 6 2007, 09:16 AM) [snapback]167945[/snapback]

I'mma put this in e'ry thread I go to that mentions Tommy Shelton's name....

"How many of you proponents/opponents would allow Tommy Shelton to babysit your children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews?"

Can anyone realize that it's now going beyond this church (SDA's/Sunday Churches) - but to the innocents? CHILDREN?

*sigh*

Someone's child is in danger.... my LORD!

PrincessDrRe
I nominate you to be the official "Would You Let Tommy Babysit Your Loved One" Reminderer. Do I hear a second?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church