Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12000&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:43:58 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asi Mediation Fails!
roxe
post Jan 7 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 7 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]168264[/snapback]

PrincessDrRe
I nominate you to be the official "Would You Let Tommy Babysit Your Loved One" Reminderer. Do I hear a second?

second!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(roxe @ Jan 8 2007, 03:03 AM) [snapback]168266[/snapback]

second!

All in favor say Aye -- OOOOppsss! I'm not the BOSS

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 7 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]168113[/snapback]

Child molestation people....CHILD MOLESTATION.

I will say that every now and then to remind people..... could it be your child or one of your loved one's next?

I understand and appreciate your jogging our memories. Yes, it could be my child, and it was!

There are so many diverse problems, that each must be dealt with in a very NON-CONFUSING MANNER. I give Bob a hands up for bring out this information through his investigation. Thank you Bob!

In my opinion it is a right decision to clear up the mess with Tommy Shelton. There are many supporters of 3ABN. They will back Danny 100%. However, a non-Adventist, as an employee of 3ABN, being forced to retire, makes Danny’s action acceptable by those supporters. It will also bring the public into other information about 3ABN. We all want Tommy & Danny away from all the children.

I believe this will happen in time.

I also believe if we address the peripheral problems, one at a time, they will all lead us to the center of the problem. One by one, each will point straight to the source of all of the problems. Exposure will not overwhelm those reading.

Let us remember also the Danny has like allegations against him. Thought has to be given to make sure it is all taken care of. As in a maze, sometimes going backwards is the best solution.

Like I said, I agree with you 199%. I would never want Tommy or Danny near my children, however, one day in July, 2004, 3ABN landed in the church I used to belong to. I chose not to go see the man that was an alleged sexual deviant. However, my grand-daughter did go. She is a show girl from her birth. She moves like a model. Why, because my daughter does. She is a bombshell, and her child is a clone.

Danny took and gave very special attention to her. I heard all about it. She is the kiss and tell type. I was furious. He fed her some of his food and told her she was a very pretty little girl. My friend that was watching her for the day became very uncomfortable, but couldn't put her finger on what it was.

I understand about our children, believe me.

If I believed that putting it all out there at one time, I would be screaming to the investigators to get it done. However, by putting one issue out at a time, we have been able to stop the Voltaire wanna be's and answer every question until it is settled.

If it all hits at once, we will be bombarded with accusations and confusion about all of the problems, which are many, all at once. The presentation must be in a logical sequence, in its own time. God is not the author of confusion.

Does this make sense?

I place my trust in the investigators of these problems. I whole heartedly approve of the way everything I am aware of has taken place. Soon we will see more and then more and then more until the desired affect is achieved. This is one heavy responsibility for the investigators. I solicit your prayers for them. They need it.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jan 8 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

Concerning mediation or whatever might need to be involved in resolving the 3abn situation, I would nominate A. Leroy Moore to be involved. He is probably retired but is still active. IMHO, his books are a must read for anyone concerned about the conflicts within the church. His books "Advenitsm in Conflict" and "Questions on Doctrine Revisited" are excellent and provide insights as to how we ought to deal with some of the serious problems that have been and are in the church.

As I understand it he mentored Doug Batchelor early on and had something to do with his call into the ministry. He also was involved in helping 2 young men return to the church after leaving and getting involved in an offshoot. They now have thier own independant, supportive ministry that is making a positive impact in many places around the world.

I met pastor Moore briefly, a few months ago and he seems like truly a Spirit filled Christian man.

Anyway, he would get my vote, for what its worth, to have some role in any mediation, or whatever.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 8 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jan 8 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]168428[/snapback]

Concerning mediation or whatever might need to be involved in resolving the 3abn situation, I would nominate A. Leroy Moore to be involved. He is probably retired but is still active. IMHO, his books are a must read for anyone concerned about the conflicts within the church. His books "Advenitsm in Conflict" and "Questions on Doctrine Revisited" are excellent and provide insights as to how we ought to deal with some of the serious problems that have been and are in the church.

As I understand it he mentored Doug Batchelor early on and had something to do with his call into the ministry. He also was involved in helping 2 young men return to the church after leaving and getting involved in an offshoot. They now have thier own independant, supportive ministry that is making a positive impact in many places around the world.

I met pastor Moore briefly, a few months ago and he seems like truly a Spirit filled Christian man.

Anyway, he would get my vote, for what its worth, to have some role in any mediation, or whatever.

I agree with everyting you've said about Pastor Moore. If anyone could mediate, Pastor Moore probably could. By the grace of God, he has been able to bring together sides that were both earnestly trying to serve God, while focusing on different aspects of truth and being convinced that the other side is wrong.

I wish this were all that is wrong with 3ABN. However, I don't believe we are just dealing with different (perhaps extreme) aspects of truth, but likely with deep corruption that requires a different sort of approach. If the Shelton's were willing to accept Pastor Moore as a counselor, that would be a whole different story.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 9 2007, 05:22 AM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 8 2007, 07:39 PM) [snapback]168527[/snapback]

I agree with everyting you've said about Pastor Moore. If anyone could mediate, Pastor Moore probably could. By the grace of God, he has been able to bring together sides that were both earnestly trying to serve God, while focusing on different aspects of truth and being convinced that the other side is wrong.

I wish this were all that is wrong with 3ABN. However, I don't believe we are just dealing with different (perhaps extreme) aspects of truth, but likely with deep corruption that requires a different sort of approach. If the Shelton's were willing to accept Pastor Moore as a counselor, that would be a whole different story.

I believe that the only resolution of these issues that can take place will need to be done in other venues. I expect that will happen in the civil realm. I expect that this will take time, but that some movement will take place this month. And for some of these issues, I believe that this is the only venue that can be fair to all parties.

Resolution has to be fair to all. Otherwise there will be no resolution. People will continue to claim a lack of fairness. Resolution must not only be fair, but appear to be fair.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 9 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #52

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Fran @ Jan 7 2007, 11:45 PM) [snapback]168289[/snapback]

I understand and appreciate your jogging our memories. Yes, it could be my child, and it was!

There are so many diverse problems, that each must be dealt with in a very NON-CONFUSING MANNER. I give Bob a hands up for bring out this information through his investigation. Thank you Bob!

In my opinion it is a right decision to clear up the mess with Tommy Shelton. There are many supporters of 3ABN. They will back Danny 100%. However, a non-Adventist, as an employee of 3ABN, being forced to retire, makes Danny’s action acceptable by those supporters. It will also bring the public into other information about 3ABN. We all want Tommy & Danny away from all the children.

I believe this will happen in time.

I also believe if we address the peripheral problems, one at a time, they will all lead us to the center of the problem. One by one, each will point straight to the source of all of the problems. Exposure will not overwhelm those reading.

Let us remember also the Danny has like allegations against him. Thought has to be given to make sure it is all taken care of. As in a maze, sometimes going backwards is the best solution.

Like I said, I agree with you 199%. I would never want Tommy or Danny near my children, however, one day in July, 2004, 3ABN landed in the church I used to belong to. I chose not to go see the man that was an alleged sexual deviant. However, my grand-daughter did go. She is a show girl from her birth. She moves like a model. Why, because my daughter does. She is a bombshell, and her child is a clone.

Danny took and gave very special attention to her. I heard all about it. She is the kiss and tell type. I was furious. He fed her some of his food and told her she was a very pretty little girl. My friend that was watching her for the day became very uncomfortable, but couldn't put her finger on what it was.

I understand about our children, believe me.

If I believed that putting it all out there at one time, I would be screaming to the investigators to get it done. However, by putting one issue out at a time, we have been able to stop the Voltaire wanna be's and answer every question until it is settled.

If it all hits at once, we will be bombarded with accusations and confusion about all of the problems, which are many, all at once. The presentation must be in a logical sequence, in its own time. God is not the author of confusion.

Does this make sense?

I place my trust in the investigators of these problems. I whole heartedly approve of the way everything I am aware of has taken place. Soon we will see more and then more and then more until the desired affect is achieved. This is one heavy responsibility for the investigators. I solicit your prayers for them. They need it.

I appreciate your response to the question....and the fact that you can relate. Prayers for your child also.....

So far I got one for NO (besides myself).....

"How many of you proponents/opponents would allow Tommy Shelton to babysit your children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews?"

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jan 9 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

I'm old school...there are not too many people that I would allow to babysit for my children (when I have them) anyway....and then only certain members of my family (like my mom)--and while we are in this ballpark, no Michael Jackson sleepovers either!!! (Just keepin' it real!) rofl1.gif

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 9 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]168707[/snapback]

I appreciate your response to the question....and the fact that you can relate. Prayers for your child also.....

"How many of you proponents/opponents would allow Tommy Shelton to babysit your children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews?"

snack.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 9 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 9 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]168707[/snapback]

snack.gif

PrincessDrRe, I was sure I had voted "no" as well. Hey, why don't you start a poll and see what develops there? I'll be right over to vote if ya do!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 9 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #55

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 9 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]168715[/snapback]

PrincessDrRe, I was sure I had voted "no" as well. Hey, why don't you start a poll and see what develops there? I'll be right over to vote if ya do!

PB

Consider it done!

yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Aunt B
post Jan 9 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 2,378

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 9 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]168568[/snapback]

Resolution has to be fair to all. Otherwise there will be no resolution. People will continue to claim a lack of fairness. Resolution must not only be fair, but appear to be fair.

I agree that there are many issues that have to be addressed in civil court. Certainly the criminal behaviors that have allegedly occured. The victims of these crimes have a right to legal protection.

I appreciate what is being said here about fairness. It would be nice to think that there can be a "fair" resolution to the Shelton issues and allegations. However, I fear that may never happen. In discussion last week in Sabbath school, several brought up the issue of "fairness." It was concluded that rarely, if ever, are things fair in life, not even with God's people in the Bible. It is something that we always want, but how often is it a reality?

While I would like to see Linda completely vindicated, because I think she deserves vindication, I wonder if that will happen. It seems to me that the bigger issue is vindication of God and the way He is being misrepresented by the problems at 3abn. Many of us reading/posting here have suffered unfairly in life, and we always long for vindication. In the bigger picture though, this isn't about us, or our vindication. Maybe not even Linda's. It seems to me that it is all about God and how He is represented by those who claim to be working in His name. If there is vindication, it will be His. Maybe the individuals who stand nearest to Him will be vindicated as well.

Just some thoughts...

Aunt B

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 9 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #57

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Aunt B @ Jan 9 2007, 10:40 PM) [snapback]168775[/snapback]

It seems to me that the bigger issue is vindication of God and the way He is being misrepresented by the problems at 3abn. Many of us reading/posting here have suffered unfairly in life, and we always long for vindication. In the bigger picture though, this isn't about us, or our vindication. Maybe not even Linda's. It seems to me that it is all about God and how He is represented by those who claim to be working in His name.

Well said, Aunt B! yes.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 24 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aunt B @ Jan 10 2007, 05:40 AM) [snapback]168775[/snapback]

I agree that there are many issues that have to be addressed in civil court. Certainly the criminal behaviors that have allegedly occured. The victims of these crimes have a right to legal protection.

---

Aunt B

How could this have been handled by ASI? A civil court in an option now.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 27 2007, 05:10 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 10 2007, 08:15 AM) [snapback]168715[/snapback]

PB

I thought that I had voted NO also. I'm rather fussy about who takes care of my kids and grand kids. Most people don't qualify!

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Jan 27 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

Dear PrincessDrRe:

NO, a THOUSAND TIMES NO!!! 2guns.gif furious.gif I would NOT let Tommy Shelton anywhere near my two beautiful grandchildren, or Danny Shelton either for that matter!! My oldest is a precious boy of four years old who is ver-r-ry cute and is loving and kind and extremely shy and would be a perfect candidate for some sicko like TS. His little sister, one and a half is very pretty, and knows it! giggle.gif But I think Danny might have a harder time because she is very aware, even at this young age, of her personal space. She just might scratch him!! blink.gif

However, I have a personal experience I would like to share. Because of a family member who was extremely jealous of me and who teased me from the day I was born, I grew up in a constant state of trying to find people who would validate my very existance.

I was accosted by a man who all of you SDA's of many years would know immediately. I was 14 and did housecleaning for his wife one afternoon a week. Because of my early life I 'wore my heart on my sleeve' so to speak and one afternoon, this man reached for my blouse and said at the same time, "You're a warm little sister, aren't you?!" I quickly moved to avoid his hand and finished my work. I don't remember whether I ever went back there again. But my heart was broken because I had held him in such high esteem and I loved him as a man of God. I could listen to him preach no matter how long past 12:00 he talked. He was so warm in the pulpit, but I found out he was 'warm' outside of the pulpit too! This man was well known throughout the world having started a radio ministry which is now a television ministry, although he has been dead now for many years. I never said anything about it until years later when I was having a lot of trouble in my marriage. It also makes me wonder how many other girls he accosted in that manner during his life?

One day I told my sister about the early childhood memories of this family member teasing me and making my life miserable. When I mentioned that he had also raped me when I was nine years old, she exclaimed, "Well, that explains a lot. Now I understand a lot better why you have had such a hard time growing up." (There is much more to my story but suffice it to say will not go into it now.) I am still trying to deal with this family member who is always involved in family get togethers at various times during the years. I have gone the route of trying to 'forgive' him and go on with my life, but there was so much controversy surrounding me that I didn't know what to do with as a hurting teenager. My parents tried to protect me from him, but he would tease me when they were not around. I was so sensitive to their long hours of working hard just to put food on the table and a roof over our heads that I tried to become "perfect." As it is now, I am a frustrated, 65 year old perfectionist who wants everything to look nice, but wants someone else to do it. rofl1.gif tongue.gif I struggle with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and the weakness which allows other diseases to grow into very difficult health issues.

My sister tried to talk to this family member, but he denies that he EVER did ANYTHING to me, not to mention rape, or to other family members. His behavior toward me made me an extremely sensitive little child, and she says that while I was a happy little girl when he was not around I would be totally different when he came home from school every afternoon.

I have finally begun to realize that most of his behavior was due to his being a classic case of ADHD which no one had ever heard of in the forties and fifties. He was always in trouble. I could make good grades while he could not even get the information -- which he knew in his head! --down on paper to PROVE that he knew it. He never got anything other than an "F"s during his whole school life. But he is the only one in the family who can make money! spoton.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif So while I understand his behavior from a psychological standpoint, it doesn't help me to know how to change my own thinking patterns today. I'm really screwed up, yanno? I can put up a pretty good front but it doesn't really cut it. sadwalk.gif

Please pray for me? Thanks!

P.S. Calvin, Princess or Clay, if this belongs somewhere else please move it.

JT

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:44 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church