Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12021&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:39 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Does The 3abn Board Know?
awesumtenor
post Jan 16 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 15 2007, 11:34 PM) [snapback]170241[/snapback]

Can you not see When you trash the leaders and what you think is going on there, You Are trashing the ministry itself.

So John the baptist was trashing the ministry itself when he called the pharisees and sadducees out in matthew chapter 3?

So Jesus was trashing the ministry itself when He said in matthew 23:

Mat 23:13-33 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. (14) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. (15) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (16) Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! (17) Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? (18) And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. (19) Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift (20) Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. (21) And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. (22) And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon. (23) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. (24) Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. (25) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. (26) Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. (27) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchers, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. (28) Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. (29) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchers of the righteous, (30) And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. (31) Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. (32) Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. (33) Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Should Peter have had a private meeting with Ananias and Sapphira instead of calling them out before the church?

So Martin Luther was trashing the ministry itself when he nailed his 95 theses to the cathedral door?

How about Melancthon and Wycliffe and Hus and Zwingli and Calvin? Should they have all kept their peace rather than make their complaint about excesses occurring in the name of God?

The one person I can find in scripture who took the approach you suggest was Eli, who refused to rebuke his sons... and we know how that worked out for him and them.

There's a lesson in that for you, if you have ears to hear...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 16 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Go on and preach it, Elder!!!!! clap.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Aunt B
post Jan 16 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #48

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,378

Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else.

Aunt B

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 16 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Aunt B @ Jan 16 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]170361[/snapback]

Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else.

Aunt B

Aunt B, in one simple statement you have summed up the entire controversy in regard to the situation at 3ABN and I will repeat it again:

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 16 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 16 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]170428[/snapback]

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aunt B @ Jan 16 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]170361[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Aunt B
Aunt B, in one simple statement you have summed up the entire controversy in regard to the situation at 3ABN and I will repeat it again:

Aunt B, are these your own words? Wow! That belongs on T-shirts or at least should have its own topic here! It would be great to have it as the motto on the save3abn website. Would you mind if we suggest that to Gailon?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 16 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

Today's traitor is tomorrow's patriot.

Case in point...followers of Napoleon. Loyalists one day, traitors, then loyalists again, then traitors. So what we have here is really a debate about time isn't it?
Perhaps when those in power at 3ABN are out, it is you that will be the traitor, WWJD, and me the loyalist?
[size=2]

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Aunt B
post Jan 16 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 2,378

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 16 2007, 08:41 PM) [snapback]170455[/snapback]

Aunt B, are these your own words? Wow! That belongs on T-shirts or at least should have its own topic here! It would be great to have it as the motto on the save3abn website. Would you mind if we suggest that to Gailon?

Yes, these are my own words, and you may put them wherever you like. Just kinda came to me as I was reading... smile.gif

Aunt B

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 17 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aunt B @ Jan 16 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]170361[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Aunt B
[/quote]

I agree this is well said and sums up many of the various threads regarding 3abn.

In addition, it is exactly why after learning of these events at 3abn a few months ago and reading about the circumstances surrounding the contract that LS signed, I saw big red flags that made me wonder what was going on.

This does not imply the contract was illegal despite the pressure Linda was under to sign it. The concept of duress has a very high standard (as well it should have to keep people from getting out of contracts because they do not like the results). With Linda's age and work experience I don't think the argument would fly that she did not exercise free will (no matter how naive she might have been).

Here is the definition of duress on the web....

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/d082.htm

Although not exactly applicable, the quote also makes me think about the question of how much money was paid for the 10 commandment book that was passed out. I do not question the author's right to be paid for his or her work. What I do question is the ethics of asking someone like my mother who lives on a fixed income and has no savings after working in SDA institutions and putting her kids educations and tithing first to sacrifice further to support the book's distribution without honestly explaining Mr. Shelton would be profiting due to the sheer volume of books being purchased. Did 3abn explain this?

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Jan 17 2007, 03:29 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 17 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jan 17 2007, 10:49 PM) [snapback]170657[/snapback]

----

Here is the definition of duress on the web....

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/d082.htm

That website is an eye-opener, Ms Noahswife! It really great to see how you also are searching for the truth in this matter. The truth shall make you free, has been Linda's great comfort through the past three years of duress. Her devotion and committment and trust in the Lord has been a great encouragement to me, as it was to my wife, Irmgard, until she passed away in 2005. It was great to have Linda there at her funeral where she got up and expressed her appreciation because Irmgard had neverer failed her as a friend. I know Linda wants to express her great appreciation to all of you who are sarching for the real truth in this matter.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jan 17 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 16 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]170428[/snapback]

Aunt B

AMEN!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!!

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church