Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12241&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:25:21 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> God Never Fires!... And Other Stories, Soundbites from Live
Green Cochoa
post Jan 23 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,189

Perhaps these voices will need no introduction here...

God never fires!

Why do pastors spread rumors?

No accountability online!

Alright, that's enough to discuss for one post. wave.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  3ABN_Live_18_23Jan07_GodNeverFires.mp3 ( 264.08K ) Number of downloads: 161
Attached File  3ABN_Live_18_23Jan07_PastorSpreadsRumors.mp3 ( 330.61K ) Number of downloads: 142
Attached File  3ABN_Live_18_23Jan07_NoAccountabilityOnline.mp3 ( 417.14K ) Number of downloads: 119

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 23 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Jan 23 2007, 07:57 PM) [snapback]171938[/snapback]

God never fires!

Why is there no accountability on radio/TV? People take rumors broadcast as the real truth without checking the sources.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 23 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Jan 23 2007, 10:57 AM) [snapback]171938[/snapback]

God never fires!

It is not the internet alone where this lack of accountability can exist. Sometimes it can even be broadcast throughout the world by satellite with millions believing every word.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 23 2007, 12:07 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 23 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

"Once God calls us he never fires us?" Unbelievable... no wonder people shake their heads at some of the foolishness christians (so-called) preach....

pastors spreading rumors and the other clip.... they are clueless...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 23 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 23 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]171947[/snapback]

"Once God calls us he never fires us?" Unbelievable... no wonder people shake their heads at some of the foolishness christians (so-called) preach....

Not "clueless"... just forgetting.... ignoring.... or defying the facts... that their judgment of others reveals first of all the desires, contents, intents, and purposes of their own hearts.

So OF COURSE they must claim that "God never fires"! How else could they continue in their claim to be God's "anointed one".

OF COURSE they would assume that "pastors spread rumors". That is exactly what they have done and continue to do.

And OF COURSE they note that there is "No accountability online"! That is precisely their attitude when it comes to being accountable to any authority.... be it the church they pretend to represent, the donors who support them, or the government of the country to which they belong.

Ho... humm.... so predictable.... thumbdown.gif .....

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jan 23 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 23 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]171947[/snapback]

Desperation is setting in. You can hear it in their voices.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 23 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 23 2007, 11:25 AM) [snapback]171947[/snapback]

Listen carefully to the words. The statement is that God does not fire us if God has called us, and we are doing God's work.

NOTE: It was qualified. Why would God fire us if God hired us and we continue to do God's work.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Jan 23 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

"Once God calls us he never fires us"

(1Sa 15:26) And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee: for thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD hath rejected thee from being king over Israel.

As Donald Trump would say, "Saul, YOU'RE Fired"

+Quote Post
Chimaz
post Jan 23 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,845

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Jan 23 2007, 11:25 AM) [snapback]171961[/snapback]

[color=#3333FF]
As Donald Trump would say, "Saul, YOU'RE Fired"

And as Homer Simpson would say - DOH!

BUT Saul's replacement wasn't to take possession of the throne until Saul was removed. AND that task was not commissioned to anyone in Israel. NOBODY, not even David received had received permission or a command from God to remove Saul from the throne. Any attempt to do so would have been presumptuous and a violation of God’s will.

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Jan 23 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 23 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]171971[/snapback]

BUT Saul's replacement wasn't to take possession of the throne until Saul was removed. AND that task was not commissioned to anyone in Israel. NOBODY, not even David received had received permission or a command from God to remove Saul from the throne. Any attempt to do so would have been presumptuous and a violation of God’s will.

The post was in response to the quote "Once God calls us he never fires us".

The fact is that God does, at times, "fire" those who fail to continue in His ways.

In response your reply, there is nowhere that shows David ever sought "permission or command from God to remove Saul from the throne", but God may have given him the option.

David's men reminded him, "Behold the day of which the LORD said unto thee, Behold, I will deliver thine enemy into thine hand, that thou mayest do to him as it shall seem good unto thee."

David chose not to touch Saul. It was his conviction not to touch the Lord's anointed.

There are times, however, when God commanded men to carry out justice.

(Deut 17:5-8) Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die. At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death. The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you. If there arise a matter too hard for thee in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within thy gates: then shalt thou arise, and get thee up into the place which the LORD thy God shall choose;

God, very often, uses men to bring about judgment. Sometimes he uses the righteous, and sometimes he uses heathen to bring about his divine judgment (i.e. Babylon, Assyria, Philistines, etc.).

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 23 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 23 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]171971[/snapback]

And as Homer Simpson would say - DOH!

Of course that scenario took place during the Old Testament era Theocracy and doesn't exactly fit with this present scenario:

1. The President of 3abn is not a king set up by the Lord Himself as Saul was.
2. A pastor who violates the Law of God and church doctrine can most assuredly be fired by the proper officials.
3. By inspiration, Paul, Ellen White and others gave us counsel and guidelines on what to do with unrepentant brethren.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 23 2007, 02:58 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 23 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #12

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Point blank and blunt.

GOD does fire. If you aren't doing his will he won't let it be that way forever....

So...in the end...GOD does fire....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 23 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Jan 23 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]171938[/snapback]

God never fires!

Lessee .. that would be John Lomacang?

Dan Shelton?

Dan Shelton & Shelley Quinn?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've been avoiding these folks for a while & may not remember correctly. dunno.gif

Thanks much, Green, for this! smile.gif

More of this kind of "first-hand" info would be helpful.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jan 23 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 23 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]172011[/snapback]

Lessee .. that would be John Lomacang?

Dan Shelton?Dan Shelton & Shelley Quinn?

I believe that last one was Dan and Mollie. I could be wrong though - it happens a lot!

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've been avoiding these folks for a while & may not remember correctly. dunno.gif
Thanks much, Green, for this! smile.gif

More of this kind of "first-hand" info would be helpful.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 23 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Let's see if eye witness will verify this?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:25 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church