Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12252&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:25:13 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Newbies Coming!, Let's be kind to them and patient ...
inga
post Jan 24 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

It's likely that folks are even now GOOGLING for 3ABN information from sites other than 3ABN.

Please, let's be kind to them and very patient. hug.gif

You see, I'm sure they'll sound just like Dan Shelton, and most of us have had our fill of him. However, a great many folks will sound like Dan Shelton when they come on here because they've been listening to him so long and so much that they actually believe what he says. They believe that Linda committed adultery -- if not physically, then at least spiritually. After all, didn't John Lomacang and his church say that Dan had was perfectly free to remarry?

They believe that all those claimed miracles are true. They believe that Dan was chosen by God. They believe that 3ABN is doing the work of God, and all those baptisms they claim wouldn't possibly come about if Dan were not chosen by God. And they believe that anyone who opposes the work of 3ABN opposes the work of God and endangers his/her salvation.

How do I know?

Well, I have a mother who believes just that -- in spite of my having tried several times to enlighten her. Finally, she wrote me a long and serious email, imploring me to examine my heart, etc. etc. If she came on this board, she would sound just like Dan Shelton. Though she would not make the same errors that are typical for him, she would make some errors because English is her second language. Being ridiculed for those would certainly convince her that we're all in cahoots with Satan and that nothing said here is true. (Believe it or not, she's an intelligent woman, and she's quite reasonable in most other things.)

So, please be kind to the newbies! One of them may be my mother.

There's nothing to lose by assuming that the ones who find this site are innocents who have been sent here by Dan's "live" program -- folks who know nothing but what they have heard him say.

I believe at one time PB was someone like that. There will be more, and they will likely sound just like Dan.

Of course, if they claim to be eye witnesses, that's quite another story. wink.gif

This post has been edited by inga: Jan 24 2007, 04:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 24 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

good point.... be kind to the newbies, they have been drinking the "kool aid" for so long they aren't aware that what they've been told about 3abn from the powers that be at 3abn is not quite the truth... so for them it will be like emerging from a cave into the bright morning sun..... quite a shock.....

Now if after being exposed to the truth they opt to return to the cave...... thats on them.....

IPB Image

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 24 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 24 2007, 04:57 AM) [snapback]172137[/snapback]

It's likely that folks are even now GOOGLING for 3ABN information from sites other than 3ABN.

You see, I'm sure they'll sound just like Dan Shelton, and most of us have had our fill of him. However, a great many folks will sound like Dan Shelton when they come on here because they've been listening to him so long and so much that they actually believe what he says. They believe that Linda committed adultery -- if not physically, then at least spiritually. After all, didn't John Lomacang and his church say that Dan had was perfectly free to remarry?

They believe that all those claimed miracles are true. They believe that Dan was chosen by God. They believe that 3ABN is doing the work of God, and all those baptisms they claim wouldn't possibly come about if Dan were not chosen by God. And they believe that anyone who opposes the work of 3ABN opposes the work of God and endangers his/her salvation.

How do I know?

Well, I have a mother who believes just that -- in spite of my having tried several times to enlighten her. Finally, she wrote me a long and serious email, imploring me to examine my heart, etc. etc. If she came on this board, she would sound just like Dan Shelton. Though she would not make the same errors that are typical for him, she would make some errors because English is her second language. Being ridiculed for those would certainly convince her that we're all in cahoots with Satan and that nothing said here is true. (Believe it or not, she's an intelligent woman, and she's quite reasonable in most other things.)

There's nothing to lose by assuming that the ones who find this site are innocents who have been sent here by Dan's "live" program -- folks who know nothing but what they have heard him say.

I believe at one time PB was someone like that. There will be more, and they will likely sound just like Dan.

Of course, if they claim to be eye witnesses, that's quite another story. wink.gif

It's never too late for kindness or the golden rule.

But of course All the posts to the other newbies who arrived in the last couple of years, who were insulted and ridiculed and accused of being in Danny's camp, etc., and had their every motive and intent maligned, just for trying to question the facts and evidence being presented here and discern for themselves and judge righteously.

Along with All the posts here from regulars who treat anyone who doesn't just accept what they claim without verifying it, as the "queer' in the internet version of the childhood game of "smear the queer",

And All the posts with the "If you don't like it. LEAVE", "boring.." and "bring in the next team" " you are diverting from the main issues" responses, merely for crawling out from under the dogpile, and objecting to the "kindness" shown them here.

Still stand as a witness to any future Newbie who arrives, and to all those who are members here and who have replied or done this.

This entire world is a theatre for the universe, starring only two kinds of people. that's a much bigger picture then the view we often see in our narrow little everyday thoughts and reactions..

How do heaven and other world's see the role each of us has played here?

Every thought, every idle word enters into the judgment.

That's a reality check, and a very sobering one, for me.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 24 2007, 07:29 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 24 2007, 07:26 AM) [snapback]172145[/snapback]

But of course All the posts to the other newbies who arrived in the last couple of years, who were insulted and ridiculed and accused of being in Danny's camp, etc., and had their every motive and intent maligned, just for trying to question the facts and evidence being presented here and discern for themselves and judge righteously.

Along with All the posts here from regulars who treat anyone who doesn't just accept what they claim without verifying it, as the "queer' in the internet version of the childhood game of "smear the queer",

And All the posts with the "If you don't like it. LEAVE", "boring.." and "bring in the next team" " you are diverting from the main issues" responses, merely for crawling out from under the dogpile, and objecting to the "kindness" shown them here.

Still stand as a witness to any future Newbie who arrives, and to all those who are members here and who have replied or done this.

This entire world is a theatre for the universe, starring only two kinds of people. that's a much bigger picture then the view we often see in our narrow little everyday thoughts and reactions..

you are the exception to the rule Cindy.... you came, guns ablazing.... righteously indignant... and have yet to stop... you have chosen to stay in the cave.... and no you will not hijack this thread too...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jan 24 2007, 07:33 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 24 2007, 07:21 AM) [snapback]172144[/snapback]

good point.... be kind to the newbies, they have been drinking the "kool aid" for so long they aren't aware that what they've been told about 3abn from the powers that be at 3abn is not quite the truth... so for them it will be like emerging from a cave into the bright morning sun..... quite a shock.....

Now if after being exposed to the truth they opt to return to the cave...... thats on them.....

IPB Image

You know, that is quite a generalist comment, and not entirely true. I am a "newbie" and have stated several times that I wasn't in anyone's "camp" but that I was just looking for the truth. Just because I haven't been involved in all of this from day one does not mean that I am "emerging from a cave into the bright morning sun..." I find that quite offensive. There definitely are some attitudes running on this board. I know - if I don't like it I can "leave"...

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 24 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jan 24 2007, 07:33 AM) [snapback]172149[/snapback]

You know, that is quite a generalist comment, and not entirely true. I am a "newbie" and have stated several times that I wasn't in anyone's "camp" but that I was just looking for the truth. Just because I haven't been involved in all of this from day one does not mean that I am "emerging from a cave into the bright morning sun..." I find that quite offensive. There definitely are some attitudes running on this board. I know - if I don't like it I can "leave"...

you missed the qualifier..... if you have been listening and believing in everything that Danny and company have been saying about 3abn, then what you read here will be disturbing... if you haven't then the statement doesn't apply to you.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 24 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 24 2007, 08:29 AM) [snapback]172147[/snapback]

you are the exception to the rule Cindy.... you came, guns ablazing.... righteously indignant... and have yet to stop... you have chosen to stay in the cave.... and no you will not hijack this thread too...

An exception to the rule of what? Kindenss to newbies? which I thought was the topic? dunno.gif

Maybe that's because I don't buy the majorities claims that ' "if you aren't for us, you are against us" and thus are in Danny's camp' conspiracy theories?

Don't worry, I'm leavin the thread, I said my piece.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 24 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 24 2007, 07:42 AM) [snapback]172153[/snapback]

An exception to the rule of what? Kindenss to newbies? which I thought was the topic? dunno.gif

Maybe that's because I don't buy the majorities claims that ' "if you aren't for us, you are against us" and thus are in Danny's camp' conspiracy theories?

Don't worry, I'm leavin the thread, I said my piece.

you didn't come to find out info, you came to tell the forum how wrong it was... as for the for us against us thing, look in the mirror cause that seems to be your MO.......

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post Jan 24 2007, 07:47 AM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

Some of the newbies are asking for what they in turn are not giving. This is Calvin's home one does not enter another person's home and tell them how to run things - if you do expect a response.

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 24 2007, 07:57 AM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 24 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]172145[/snapback]

But of course All the posts to the other newbies who arrived in the last couple of years, who were insulted and ridiculed and accused of being in Danny's camp, etc., and had their every motive and intent maligned, just for trying to question the facts and evidence being presented here and discern for themselves and judge righteously. . . .

When you say this... and other things that I clipped... you only show that you have not read through the posts on this site with anything resembling an open mind. Had you done so, you would have noted that when people came with questions... even with doubts... they were received kindly and graciously and were given help in negotiating the huge amounts of data that is here.

Only when they came on with guns blazing... as you have done and continued to do... have they been met with resistance. Resistance not borne from the same critical attitude as you have brought, but borne out of concern and love for those who have been injured ... and are being injured.... by Danny and his band of devotees.

You are very correct when you say....

It would be a very great day if you were to apply your words to yourself and see that it is YOUR words and attitude which place you on the side of those who are daring to face the judgment of God without confessing and turning from their lies and abusive behaviour. We here will continue to stand for right and justice and pointing out the evils that you and others try to hide and excuse.

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 24 2007, 08:29 AM) [snapback]172147[/snapback]

Thanks for the assurance, Clay. Unfortunately though, Cindy is not the sole exception.... there are others who have also come with guns ablazing.... and they should not be surprised to see us react in a defensive way. And for future newbies... they should take note, not only of our kindness to those who do not know... but also to our defensive postures to those who come in with guns blazing... trying to shoot the messengers rather than examining the messages.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 24 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jan 24 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]172149[/snapback]

Yes, you are a newbie, and you have come in looking for "truth", and you have been willing to ask questions and look at the information we have here, sorting through it carefully, rather than damning us all for speaking against what we perceive as evil. You have admitted that you do not know all there is to know... so in that sense you are "emerging from a cave" of lack of information into "the bright morning sun" of an abundance of information. We welcome all seekers for information.... and you are free to agree or disagree with what is posted here. What we do not like is to be condemned for the very act of allowing information to be posted freely.... and especially is it repugnant when the condemnation comes before the hostile newbie even reads to see what is being said here... or how it is being said.

An inquiring mind... even a doubtful mind... is fully welcome, and we will aid your search in any way we can. So don't be either alarmed or afraid of the defenses we raise against those who come in an offensive attack mode will guns blazing, "shooting from the hip". And if in your search you find things that are hard to believe or that you think you have evidence is not accurate, then inform us of that and give your evidence. I can assure you we will consider it carefully.

As to "hard to believe" though.... keep in mind the adage.... "truth is stranger than fiction".

Peace. wave.gif

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Jan 24 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #12

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 24 2007, 09:26 AM) [snapback]172145[/snapback]

yawn.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 24 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #13

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 24 2007, 04:57 AM) [snapback]172137[/snapback]

I can appreciate what you've stated but frankly, we don't need to be told to be kind, we have been kind. We greet every new person that comes in and welcome them to BlackSDA.

I believe you, and a number of other newbies, have missed something rather important in the midst of the 3ABN drama and that is that most of the people who join BSDA, not only have no interest in 3ABN and very likely have little knowledge if any of 3ABNs existence. That's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Be Blessed

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jan 24 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Denny @ Jan 24 2007, 08:47 AM) [snapback]172156[/snapback]

Some of the newbies are asking for what they in turn are not giving. This is Calvin's home one does not enter another person's home and tell them how to run things - if you do expect a response.

"Do as I say, not as I do" is their slogan...

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 24 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 24 2007, 02:57 AM) [snapback]172137[/snapback]

How do I know?

Inga, I think your words of caution are so important. These issues are highly charged and tend to bring out passionate responses from both camps. It might be tempting to take an adversarial view of new comers since we have been bombarded with numerous severely opinionated newbies who clearly have no intention of weighing any of the first hand evidence contained here but are, instead, loaded up with their malodorous, smoked herrings. To follow those inclinations and be harsh with all newbies would be a mistake.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:25 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church