Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12252&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:43:24 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Newbies Coming!, Let's be kind to them and patient ...
Bystander
post Jan 24 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 24 2007, 07:42 AM) [snapback]172153[/snapback]

An exception to the rule of what? Kindenss to newbies? which I thought was the topic? dunno.gif

Maybe that's because I don't buy the majorities claims that ' "if you aren't for us, you are against us" and thus are in Danny's camp' conspiracy theories?

Don't worry, I'm leavin the thread, I said my piece.

Altheia,
You have made some wonderful points.

It is ironic how everything we are accused of is actually, what they are guilty of. We are all in "Danny Sheltons camp" Well...they are all in "linda's camp." We just blindly accept what we hear from him on 3ABN....They (people on this forum) blindly accept what they here from her camp. We don't know the facts.....What they are calling facts is actually false accusations that have came from different people but originated in "linda's camp." They have laughed, scoffed, gossiped, accused, spouted untruths, and have been downright mean but we are the ones that are unchristlike. And I know also, If I don't like it I can leave.......sad..... sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 24 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 24 2007, 06:23 PM) [snapback]172277[/snapback]

It is ironic how everything we are accused of is actually, what they are guilty of. We are all in "Danny Sheltons camp" Well...they are all in "linda's camp."

You're trying to make everything just Danny versus Linda?

You forgot to mention your highly-esteemed Tommy Shelton camp, too. Anyone in Danny's camp is also in Tommy's camp. Danny says Tommy will return.

You remember Tommy Shelton, don't you? He's the non-adventist pastor who was put in charge of 3ABN programming by the highly-esteemed Danny Shelton, until Tommy's premature "retirement." Don't forget Tommy, too, when you consider who is in whose camp. Visit the Save3ABN.com Web site and bask in the accolades of your favorite camp.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jan 24 2007, 06:48 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 24 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 24 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]172219[/snapback]

Inga,

I’m sure you regard your mother as a wise lady. Since all your attempts to enlighten her have failed, you have got to ask yourself - why? Is it because you’ve done a poor sales job, or is it because she sees something you don’t?
She believes that what she sees on the screen is the actuality. Perhaps it's her generation -- one that did not grow up with television and thus does not have a realistic view of the difference between what is projected on the screen and what the off-camera reality probably is.

Your concern is that if she participated here, she might not be treated with all due respect. That would really suck.
Chimaz, you are drawing some altogether unwarranted conclusions! huh.gif

My mother is my mother, and I attempted to enlighten her but drew back when it was evident whe was not willing to listen. I did not try to do a "sales job."

I'm glad you're not my neighbor (as my mother is). no.gif

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 24 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 24 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]172253[/snapback]

I don't think so much just by watching, but these family members are also often substantial contributors, especially as far as their limited incomes are concerned. While there are questions about the appropriation of funds, I think they should be warned.

That's exactly it, PrincessDi!
When the *** finally hits the fan and the stench goes around the world, she's going to feel so much the worse for the money she kept sending when she could have known better.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 24 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 24 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]172277[/snapback]

Altheia,

It is ironic how everything we are accused of is actually, what they are guilty of. We are all in "Danny Sheltons camp" Well...they are all in "linda's camp." We just blindly accept what we hear from him on 3ABN....They (people on this forum) blindly accept what they here from her camp. We don't know the facts.....What they are calling facts is actually false accusations that have came from different people but originated in "linda's camp." They have laughed, scoffed, gossiped, accused, spouted untruths, and have been downright mean but we are the ones that are unchristlike. And I know also, If I don't like it I can leave.......sad..... sad.gif

Bystander,
I am still waiting for a response from you about proof that the Clem brothers and Brad Dunning lied in their testimonies against Tommy Shelton. I am still waiting for you to provide any rebuttal to the confession Tommy Shelton emailed to Duane Clem in 2005. I am not in "Linda's Camp" or in "Danny's Camp". I am in God's camp and I have a burden to see the allegations against Tommy Shelton either brought out into the open so as to protect other youngsters or definitively be shown to be false.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 24 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 24 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]172281[/snapback]

You're trying to make everything just Danny versus Linda?

You forgot to mention your highly-esteemed Tommy Shelton camp, too. Anyone in Danny's camp is also in Tommy's camp. Danny says Tommy will return.

You remember Tommy Shelton, don't you? He's the non-adventist pastor who was put in charge of 3ABN programming by the highly-esteemed Danny Shelton, until Tommy's premature "retirement." Don't forget Tommy, too, when you consider who is in whose camp. Visit the Save3ABN.com Web site and bask in the accolades of your favorite camp.

Big jump considering all that was said was referring to the statement put out today by ASI

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 24 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 24 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]172277[/snapback]

It is ironic how everything we are accused of is actually, what they are guilty of.

You should remember this irony when you post: You reveal more about yourself than anyone on this board when you come 2guns.gif at us.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 24 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 24 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]172277[/snapback]

Altheia,

Ah, bystander, how wrong you are. If you read my posts from the beginning, you will see that I was not a fan of Linda as an administrator. So you cannot accuse "us all" of being in "Linda's camp." Everything I have posted about "knowing" I learned from first-hand knowledge. There are a few stories that I heard second-hand, and those I announced at the beginning that "I once heard..." So please don't lump everyone that disagrees with you in Linda's corner.

By the way - how much that you disagree with here is because of witnessing it first-hand?

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Jan 25 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

If it is of interest to any, when I came here to this forum and read the things here I was very shocked. I had been watching three ABN for some many years, Linda and Danny, and enjoyed the both of them. But all of a sudden Linda was not on the program anymore and I was very concerned.

I understand that people have marital problems that is just a fact of life, however, even if that was the case I questioned in my mind how a ministry that preached healing broken people could erase one of their own off the set like they did not exist, (with the exception of murder or child molestation). But when I came here and read the different threads it all made sense to me. By the way I lurked and read for months before I finally signed up.

I dont think that many people on either side understand the hurt and pain of the other. Most people who watched 3abn are or have been broken at one time or the other in their life. And most of all they are looking to the God that forgives and restores. (In my opinion 3abn is self deceived if they think that they are spreading the gospel). What they dont seem to understand is that every ministry Muslems, Hindus, Baptist, Catholics, all can attest to miracles and say they do a wonderful work but that by no means make them instruments of God. Did not Jesus tell the scribs and the pharasees that the devil was their leader. 3ABN seems to think telling about the sabbath is what makes them the original and not the conterfeit. While I believe that telling and (showing) Gods love to a dying sinful world is what makes the message the original. How many times did Danny get on the air and say pray for my wife who I love. How about the board members how many times did they show love for one of their own. The example of Joseph the husband of Mary is most applicable, and Joseph sought to put her away privately because he was a just man.

No one will be saved because they keep the Sabbath they will be saved because they love Jesus "If ye love me keep my commandments". Now the example of love is what people need to be able to keep the Sabbath not mere facts that Saturday is the Sabbath. Untill the board changes their self promoting and start being humble falling on their knee,s and ask God to forgive them, admitt their wrong and except their mistakes they will never be able to conteract themselves and the false message they are sending. How many Sabbath keepers will be lost and in the lake of fire because they had the Sabbath but not the Savior. I was a newbee and I can honestly say that in my sinful condition in need of a savior I came to this site. Even now I definitly dont want to see 3ABN destroyed and I dont think Danny needs to leave but only if he falls, him and the board at the foot of Jesus and let him make that determination. Oh, that we could weep for our sins and unworthiness, but there are no tears because the heart is hard.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 25 2007, 01:30 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Jan 25 2007, 09:00 AM) [snapback]172376[/snapback]

---
The example of Joseph the husband of Mary is most applicable, and Joseph sought to put her away privately because he was a just man.

---

Thank you 'mystery man' for reminding us what is the Christian Way. More than two years ago I reminded the 3ABN administration of Joseph, just like you do, and asked them to treat Linda that way. But they did not think it applied in this case.

Let us plead with God for truth and mercy.

May God bless you!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 26 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 25 2007, 02:30 AM) [snapback]172378[/snapback]

Thank you 'mystery man' for reminding us what is the Christian Way. More than two years ago I reminded the 3ABN administration of Joseph, just like you do, and asked them to treat Linda that way. But they did not think it applied in this case.

Let us plead with God for truth and mercy.

May God bless you!

If Linda had been put away quietly, and just disappeared...

then would we be hearing how he murdered her?

If Linda had been put away quietly, and Danny suddenly appeared with a new woman 2 years later...

Then would we be hearing he was a bigomist, or a fornicator?

It seems to me Mary and Joseph were not televangelists on a station and show broadcast and known through out the world, and so there had to be some explaination.

Common sense? for some...

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 26 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #42

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 26 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]172902[/snapback]

If Linda had been put away quietly, and Danny suddenly appeared with a new woman 2 years later...

It seems to me Mary and Joseph were not televangelists on a station and show broadcast and known through out the world, and so there had to be some explaination.

you are being obtuse.... intentionally I would gather.....

If Danny had gotten a divorce quietly, NOT trashed Linda's name at every opportunity, and compensated her fairly without having her sign a gag order... then this would have been a non-issue for me.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Jan 26 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

"Common sense? for some..."

The common sense - and decent - way would have been for an acknowledgement that the marriage had ended, and for no disparaging remarks nor insinuations to have been made.

And that action should have left Linda free to pursue her chosen work or church of membership, without interference.

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Jan 26 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 26 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]172902[/snapback]

Why does this excuse the actions of professed followers of Jesus Christ? Why is it okay to destroy her and send her away in shame? Why is it okay to destroy her reputation? That is not Christ-like!!!!!

I am a newbie and don't "have a dog in this hunt" but 3ABN has some explaining to do.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 26 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(andithomas1 @ Jan 26 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]172907[/snapback]

Why does this excuse the actions of professed followers of Jesus Christ? Why is it okay to destroy her and send her away in shame? Why is it okay to destroy her reputation? That is not Christ-like!!!!!

I am a newbie and don't "have a dog in this hunt" but 3ABN has some explaining to do.

Yes they do, AIT, but you won't get any. We all have been waiting to hear the same thing. What they will do is try to put the focus back onto some obsure thing or ask their own questions. Get ready for the action if you plan to stay. You might want to read the pinned sections or go back through the posts. There's a lot to catch up on!

BTW... welcome(1).gif welcome(1).gif welcome(1).gif

HOTY

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church