Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12252&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:43:22 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Newbies Coming!, Let's be kind to them and patient ...
awesumtenor
post Jan 24 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 24 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]172145[/snapback]

It's never too late for kindness or the golden rule.
But of course All the posts to the other newbies who arrived in the last couple of years, who were insulted and ridiculed and accused of being in Danny's camp, etc., and had their every motive and intent maligned, just for trying to question the facts and evidence being presented here and discern for themselves and judge righteously.

Along with All the posts here from regulars who treat anyone who doesn't just accept what they claim without verifying it, as the "queer' in the internet version of the childhood game of "smear the queer",

And All the posts with the "If you don't like it. LEAVE", "boring.." and "bring in the next team" " you are diverting from the main issues" responses, merely for crawling out from under the dogpile, and objecting to the "kindness" shown them here.

Still stand as a witness to any future Newbie who arrives, and to all those who are members here and who have replied or done this.

This entire world is a theatre for the universe, starring only two kinds of people. that's a much bigger picture then the view we often see in our narrow little everyday thoughts and reactions..

How do heaven and other world's see the role each of us has played here?

Every thought, every idle word enters into the judgment.

That's a reality check, and a very sobering one, for me.

First of all... BSDA is an internet community that has been around for nearly 10 years and those of us who have embraced it in it's entirety know that the little corner of the room you choose to limit yourself to is just that... a little corner. You say people have not been friendly... but you came here not seeking friends. You act as if all we care about and discuss is 3ABN and the fools whose lives are consumed by such conversation... and once again you are wrong...

To any 'newbies' that come... if you want your BSDA experience to go well.. dont come in here with tunnel vision. The bible says if one wants to have friends, he must first show himself friendly... This forum has far more to offer than what's being said about 3ABN...community and friendship and concern one for another... both on and offline ... and that survives even our disagreements on any particular topic.

Those who came just for 3ABN stuff, regardless of which side, have missed the point, the benefit and the blessing of BSDA... to their own detriment.

Cindy, you need to take your own words to heart... because every word you have spoken here is idle and none of it is either loving or edifying... or even trying to be. You disregard truth that doesnt sit well with your opinions and have not some here seeking anything at all. Your mind is made up and none is going to convince you otherwise.

That, of course, is your prerogative. As it is mine to point out stupidity when it manifests itself in public... and the course you have set in this forum since you came here is stupidity in the extreme. Maybe what you're doing passes for objectivity in Lafayette, IN... but here it's just the latest round of foolishness... the most recent weapon of mass distraction... majoring in minors, trying to take the spotlight off DS and 3ABN by attacking their detractors with every spurious rumor, conjecture and presumption you can think of.

And the saddest part is you dont have the good sense to see it's not working.

I'll step off my soapbox for now... but I wont put it away; knowing you and your camp, i will invariably need it again in the very near future.

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Jan 24 2007, 11:02 AM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 24 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jan 24 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]172149[/snapback]

You know, that is quite a generalist comment, and not entirely true. I am a "newbie" and have stated several times that I wasn't in anyone's "camp" but that I was just looking for the truth. Just because I haven't been involved in all of this from day one does not mean that I am "emerging from a cave into the bright morning sun..." I find that quite offensive. There definitely are some attitudes running on this board. I know - if I don't like it I can "leave"...

Hey, Snoopy, please don't take offense. hug.gif
I thought Clay was writing about those who come on here sounding just like Dan, and you didn't. You sounded like you had a mind of your own right from the start. Very refreshing, I might add. wave.gif

+Quote Post
Chimaz
post Jan 24 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 2,845

Inga,

I’m sure you regard your mother as a wise lady. Since all your attempts to enlighten her have failed, you have got to ask yourself - why? Is it because you’ve done a poor sales job, or is it because she sees something you don’t? She implored you to examine your heart, why would she ask you to do something like that?

Your concern is that if she participated here, she might not be treated with all due respect. That would really suck.

And Clay…

Because Inga’s mom resisted Inga’s many efforts to enlighten her, did she crawl back into the cave? bangin.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 24 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 24 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]172219[/snapback]

Inga,

I’m sure you regard your mother as a wise lady. Since all your attempts to enlighten her have failed, you have got to ask yourself - why? Is it because you’ve done a poor sales job, or is it because she sees something you don’t? She implored you to examine your heart, why would she ask you to do something like that?

I found a sermon that touches on this same question: Since all your attempts to elighten her [your mother]have failed, you have got to ask yourself - why?

http://www.christianpatriot.com/05_19_2004.htm

No prophet is accepted in his own country.

"There is probably no tougher form of evangelism than that in which you try to reach your own immediate family, brothers, sisters, dad, mom, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc with the Gospel of Christ.

There are a number of things we shall learn in Luke Chapter Four, but two of the most important are:

As Jesus knew and demonstrated for us, family is very hard to preach to. And second, there comes a time when we must let them go and focus on the commission and the mission field the Lord has assigned us.

I want to say this to you again, for it is good for you to understand and search for yourselves. There is not one verse in the Bible that indicates that any of Jesus's earthly blood relatives, other than His half brothers James and Jude, ever were Saved or will be in heaven. There is not one verse in the entire Bible that suggest that Jesus's earthly mother Mary is in heaven. I don't object to many of you referring to Mary as the queen of heaven I just cannot help but wonder what Scripture you base it on.

We will see in verse 24 the Lord saying "No prophet is accepted in his own country." And in verse 44 saying "I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent." Jesus could have spent His entire 3.5 years of earthly preaching trying to convince Mary, Joseph and His half brothers and sisters that He is indeed the Messiah, but He didn't and if He had, where would we be? And if you limit yourself to trying to reach your brothers, sisters, dad and mom, where will those be who God has assigned you to reach? "

Pete

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jan 24 2007, 01:04 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 24 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 24 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]172219[/snapback]

And Clay…

Because Inga’s mom resisted Inga’s many efforts to enlighten her, did she crawl back into the cave? bangin.gif

maybe she has yet to leave the cave.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 24 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 24 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]172219[/snapback]

Re-read Plato's Allegory... it means she would not exit the cave at all; one would have to actually leave the cave to crawl back.... and no, that's not a knock on inga's mother; just making sure the points of the allegory are properly applied...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Jan 24 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

That cave looks so familiar... scratchchin.gif Not allegorically, literally...

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
LeePaDee
post Jan 24 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

I know this cave, too, seeshell.... down the road from Prague.

--------------------
This is how change happens: someone hurts, and sooner or later decides to do something about it.
--TRAITOR by Matthew Woodring Stover - p.29

+Quote Post
Chimaz
post Jan 24 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 24 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]172223[/snapback]

I found a sermon that touches on this same question: Since all your attempts to elighten her [your mother]have failed, you have got to ask yourself - why?
http://www.christianpatriot.com/05_19_2004.htm

No prophet is accepted in his own country.

"There is probably no tougher form of evangelism than that in which you try to reach your own immediate family, brothers, sisters, dad, mom, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc with the Gospel of Christ.

So Inga is a prophet? And what makes the dirt about DS and 3ABN so important that her mother needs to know? Are you suggesting Inga's efforts to reach her mother with these matters are the same as evangelizing gospel?

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 24 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]172225[/snapback]

maybe she has yet to leave the cave.....

maybe she's not in the cave...

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Jan 24 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

QUOTE(LeePaDee @ Jan 24 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]172229[/snapback]

I know this cave, too, seeshell.... down the road from Prague.

I would've thought the Arkansas Ozarks. dunno.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 24 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 24 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]172231[/snapback]

So Inga is a prophet?

I think you did understand what the pastor was saying about the difficulty of reaching family members.

But if you did not, that is the way it goes sometimes.

God Bless,

Pete

+Quote Post
Chimaz
post Jan 24 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 24 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]172234[/snapback]

I think you did understand what the pastor was saying about the difficulty of reaching family members.

I don't understand. Reaching family members with what?

What makes someone's dirt so important that we need to let our families know? Are you or anyone else here suggesting that innocent souls are in danger by watching 3ABN?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 24 2007, 03:30 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 24 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]172231[/snapback]

maybe she's not in the cave...

and maybe you would be wrong... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 24 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I don't think so much just by watching, but these family members are also often substantial contributors, especially as far as their limited incomes are concerned. While there are questions about the appropriation of funds, I think they should be warned.

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 24 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]172243[/snapback]

What makes someone's dirt so important that we need to let our families know? Are you or anyone else here suggesting that innocent souls are in danger by watching 3ABN?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 24 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 24 2007, 04:05 PM) [snapback]172243[/snapback]

Yes. I believe that they are. Not only for financial reasons, but for reasons of setting an example of inappropriate "worship" of leaders who are themselves corrupt, and also for reasons of doctrine and belief systems. Increasingly 3ABN is presenting a distorted gospel, heavily laced with Pentecostal presuppositions and beliefs. I believe the combination presents both financial and spiritual danger to those who support and watch it indiscriminantly.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church