Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12259&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:41:40 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asi Responds
sonshineonme
post Jan 29 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #166

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 29 2007, 01:45 AM) [snapback]173645[/snapback]

I agree, let's not.. instead lets think about the fact of how many upstanding people and organizations you all have accused of being biased, corrupt, ect ect. ASI is maybe the most esteemed, recognized and respected groups in the Adventist denomination. They have hundreds of intelligent, diligent and god fearing people as members. As mentioned before, people like Ellsworth McKee from Little Debbie, Harold Lance, and the highly esteemed McNeilus family. Someone on this forum said there was no way that the McNeilus family would be unbiased because they had invested heavily in 3ABN. Please, whatever the amount of money that they may have given is not even a dent in their finances. 3abn is just one of hundreds of ministries and missionary's that they support. They build churches and orphanages and send in medical help to the people in 3rd world countries. They don't just pay the bill, they go themselves and work right alongside everyone else. If 3abn went under, they would never come close to feeling it financially. It is the same scenario with many other members of ASI. 3ABN is just a very small spec in the whole picture of ASI's finances which is why that they would and could have been totally unbiased. GAILON YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS TOTAL TRUTH, and you are dishonoring the people on this forum if you don't admit it. If your pursuit of truth has not caused you to come to this conclusion then, I must agree with those that say, you couldn't investigate your way out of a paperbag.

More of the SAME O SAME O

lol.gif

(for the sake of argument, lets pretend that smiley is a SPINNING smiley)

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 29 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #167

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 27 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]173367[/snapback]

In looking at many of your posts it seems fairly obvious that you know just the right questions to ask that will have negative answers. You do it so innocently but yet anyone that goes back aways can see you have a nice little pattern to what you are doing. You already know the answers to the questions you ask and you are secure they will be answered in a negative way, which is why you choose those particular questions. I notice that you have never ask a question that I can find, that would be answered in the positive towards 3abn. Good Strategy but game over.

My goal is to find truth. My "strategy" is to observe - both here and 3abn - and ask questions for information that I do not have and clarification of points I know little about. When I went directly to the source for information I got no reply because it was instantly assumed that I was an adversary. That is so wrong! As I have told others here, I credit the 3abn programming as part of the reason I have gotten back to an active spiritual journey with Jesus! If you have taken the time to read "many" of my posts you would know this.

I always found, when making a quilt, that having a patten was helpful in producing one that wasn't full of holes and was pleasing to the eye. I've heard that the same idea can apply when building a house or even a foundation. As far as using "a nice little pattern here" I wasn't aware of it and while, in some instances, common sense might make answers obvious I certainly have NOT asked only questions I am "secure will be answered in a negative way".

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jan 29 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #168

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

clapping.gif
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 29 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]173757[/snapback]

My goal is to find truth. My "strategy" is to observe - both here and 3abn - and ask questions for information that I do not have and clarification of points I know little about. When I went directly to the source for information I got no reply because it was instantly assumed that I was an adversary. That is so wrong! As I have told others here, I credit the 3abn programming as part of the reason I have gotten back to an active spiritual journey with Jesus! If you have taken the time to read "many" of my posts you would know this.

I always found, when making a quilt, that having a patten was helpful in producing one that wasn't full of holes and was pleasing to the eye. I've heard that the same idea can apply when building a house or even a foundation. As far as using "a nice little pattern here" I wasn't aware of it and while, in some instances, common sense might make answers obvious I certainly have NOT asked only questions I am "secure will be answered in a negative way".

PB

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Jan 29 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #169

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 29 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]173757[/snapback]

PB

spoton.gif clapping.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 29 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #170

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 28 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]173479[/snapback]

I remember that, HOTY.

When the 3ABN Worship Center (Thompsonville SDA Church) was begun, it was funded specifically to be a life-size Sanctuary Exhibit and announced as such. WHERE is the Sanctuary Exhibit?

When the guest apartments on Angel Lane were built it was announced it would be decent, affordable housing for employees. Well, Walt Thompson has a permanent studio apartment there.

And the list goes on and on...

And don't forget that Brenda has one set aside for her "use."

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 5 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #171

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

[quote name='Observer' date='Jan 24 2007, 07:45 PM' post='172333']
Re: "Because ASI declined to consider issues beyond those of divorce and remarriage Art, Bob and Greg believed they were free to continue contacts with Danny, Dr. Thompson and others associated with 3ABN. Though couched in spiritual language their messages were persistent, confrontational, argumentative and harassing. Our efforts to stop their direct communications were unsuccessful."

In a previous statement I mentioned that I had sent Dr. Thompson an e-mail once. I stated that e-mail stated that I was praying for him, and was brief. I have since located that e-mail. I sent it to Dr. Thompson on December 3, 2006. It was longer than I had rememebered. It did interject a second subject of concern in regard to 3-ABN. To furrther clairfy the record as to what I sent Dr. Thompson, I post that e-mail in full below:

"Dr. Thompson:

In my prayers this AM I asked that God would lead you. You are in a tough situation that does not get any easier with the passage of time. I simply felt it appropriate to ask that God would lead you, that you would know the will of the Lord, and that you would follow it as you understood it. You and I may see and understand other things differently. But, that does not mean that all of us need to the above prayers.

FYI the following has been posed in an Internet forum, which greatly concerns me. I believe that I places both 3-ABN and the IL Conference in grave legal liability. As I would hate to see either 3-ABN placed in such a situation I am contacting you. I will explain my concerns after I post the message that is now on the Internet. Here it is:

" May 14, 2003

Dr. Walter Thompson
*** ***, *** *****

Dear Dr. Thompson:

Greetings in the holy name of our Lord Jesus!

It is my understanding that you serve as chairman of the board of directors of Three Angels Broadcasting Network. From 3ABN's web site it appears an invitation to minister has been extended to this congregation's former pastor, Tommy Ray Shelton.

Constrained by an ethical, if not legal, obligation, I am compelled to advise you that Tommy Ray Shelton is not in good standing with either of the two associations by which he was first presented with ministerial credentials. At least six boys in our community were sexually abused by Tommy Ray Shelton during the periods he served as pastor of this congregation.

Some of these young men and some parents are willing to corroborate the information I am giving you, if necessary. Please contact me for their phone numbers that I may alert them to a pending call. I also will put you in touch with the two associations referenced above.

Either I or members of this congregation's leadership will answer any questions you may have regarding this correspondence.

In our Lord's service,

Pastor Glenn Dryden

ACTION ITEMS SUGGESTED FOR TOMMY SHELTON

Expediency recommended :
Senate Bill 1035 extending statute of limitations goes into effect as soon as signed by Governor Blagojevich. This could be within the next thirty days.
Note http://www.legis.state.il.us

Tommy should retain an attorney to represent him as well as to serve him in contacting victims and their families, all at Tommy's expense.

A full disclosure of all victims and details should be made to the Franklin County Sheriff's Office (Investigator Kevin Skurat, 618-435-8187). This disclosure should include pertinent incidences in other states as well as in other jurisdictions in Illinois in addition to Franklin County.

Tommy should cooperate in the placement of his name and pertinent information on appropriate sex offenders lists, as the law may require in the state of his residence or in Illinois.

Tommy should agree to reimburse any of the victims or their family members for the expenses of counseling they have received. He should further agree to pay for any future counseling required by any of the victims or their family members. Contact should be made by his attorney with the victims through their parents if necessary. Pastor Glenn Dryden of the Ezra Church of God (***-***-****) should be consulted as to the victims of whom he is aware and as to which of these may be contacted directly. Other victims may wish to maintain anonymity. Apart from necessary contact by law enforcement personnel, their wishes should be respected.

Tommy should issue written apologies over his signature to all victims and to their parents. Again, contact with victims should be made through their parents if necessary.

Tommy also should issue written apologies over his signature for his deceit, as well as inappropriate behavior, etc., to the congregation of the Ezra Church of God, West Frankfort, Illinois, the congregation of the Community Church of God, Dunn Loring, Virginia, the state office of the General Assembly Of The Church Of God In Illinois and to the Ministerial Council of the Church of God headquartered in Virginia."

You will note that the suggestion has been made that TS be places on the registered sex offender list. You will also note that there are some clear statements that this was not a single incident, but involved six or more people. If in the future, there were to be any kind of a question in regard to TS, the above statement in the hands of any attorney would clearly place 3-ABN, and possibly the IL Conference in grave liability.

That is my professional opinion, as a trained counselor, and one who has worked in this area.

While you and I see things differently in regard to the issues that 3-ABN faces. I do not want either 3-ABN, or the IL Conference to suffer any harm. I felt that I needed to bring my thoughts on this aspect to your attention.

NOTE: As you well understand. We live in a time when everything is being posted on the Internet. I do not expect that you will respond to my e-mail. But, you need to be aware that not confidentiality is implied with either this message to you, or to any response that you may or may not make to me.

Gregory Matthews"

Dr. Thompson did not respond to my e-mail, and I did not expect him to do so.

While I did interject a second subject, which I did not remember when I posted my first comment regarding my e-mail to Dr. Thompson, my second comment was actually brief. In essence I encouraged him to act in a manner that would reduce the potental for 3-ABN to suffer harm.

Now, if some would construe the above message to Dr. Thompson as inappropriate, O.K. The above is what I sent.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 5 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #172

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 28 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]173527[/snapback]

oops.gif OOPSIE big time.... But come back.... Hands off the Bible.... I'll confess... I goofed....

WWJD is for Jacob the deceiver.... and stop right there... forget what I said about Esau... so sorry... so embarrassed.... where is that couch to hide behind.... sofa1.gif... or the hole... that's it... I'll dig a hole and hide in it.... digging.gif.... OTOH....

..... signthankspin.gif... for correcting me.... .... there... I feel much better now.... cloud9.gif....

WB, it is said that "confession" is good for the soul. yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 5 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #173

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

If so my soul is wonderful, fantastic, so far above average as to not been seen. lol.gif

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 5 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]175656[/snapback]

WB, it is said that "confession" is good for the soul. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 5 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #174

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

I have been meaning to ask -- how Sis. Linda was supposed to speak up on her own behalf when she would have been going against the "gag order" would she not? And, if anyone, who was there to assist her, spoke on her behalf with details only she, or her opposition, could supply then she could be accused of going against the "gag order" could she not? So, how exactly was anyone supposed help ASI, on her behalf, to help resolve the issues when her hands had been tied behind her back per the "gag order"?

Since we don't know the details, will someone please explain that us? scratchchin.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 6 2007, 12:04 AM

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 6 2007, 06:13 AM
Post #175

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 5 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]175725[/snapback]

I have been meaning to ask -- how Sis. Linda was supposed to speak up on her own behalf when she would have been going against the "gag order" would she not? And, if anyone, who was there to assist her, spoke on her behalf with details only she, or her opposition, could supply then she could be accused of going against the "gag order" could she not? So, how exactly was anyone supposed help ASI, on her behalf, to help resolve the issues when her hands had been tied behind her back per the "gag order"?

Since we don't know the details, will someone please explain that us? scratchchin.gif

I do not believe that any participation that Linda had in the attempt to work with ASI would have violated any so-called gag order. After all, ASI seemingly wanted such information to be kept private, and further restrict the issues considered. So, there would not have been a public disclosure that would have caused a violation of the gag order. In additon, Danny's participation could have been used to justif her participation.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 7 2007, 09:32 AM
Post #176

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 6 2007, 07:13 AM) [snapback]175748[/snapback]

I do not believe that any participation that Linda had in the attempt to work with ASI would have violated any so-called gag order. After all, ASI seemingly wanted such information to be kept private, and further restrict the issues considered. So, there would not have been a public disclosure that would have caused a violation of the gag order. In additon, Danny's participation could have been used to justif her participation.

That may be so, and it may not be. dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church