Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12259&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:41:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asi Responds
Clay
post Jan 27 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #136

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 27 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]173361[/snapback]

If you will read Clay's post again, he implies that there has been something in the past that happened that made them untrustworthy.

He says he "never had any confidence in ASI" like he has been in touch with them in the past. I wonder why--what happened?

Never from the standpoint that when it was suggested that they (ASI) get involved I doubted at that moment that ASI could be impartial....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Jan 27 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 27 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]173245[/snapback]

HA! Call up the local government, and ask them! LOL! They would burn 3ABN down if they thought it would do any good! Did anyone actually notice a few years ago when 3ABN was no longer refered to on air as being in Thompsonville, but West Frankfort instead!
(It's about 100 yards to T'ville and 10 miles to W.F.) LOL!

Think about it. Many people in the area years ago, like me, knew the current administrators before they were administrators...

As usual there is "some" truth to what you say about T'vill hating 3abn. But from what I have heard it is not because they knew administration before they were administration. It is because they are Sventh day adventists. Rumors have went around for years in the town that the adventist denomination are a cult and that they working along with 3abn, have built hidden tunnels and have weapons and all the junk that goes into small town gossip. If 3ABN were babtist or methodist or Church of God, all would be well and accepted. If Ellen White lived in Thompsonville even she, would be the object of ridicule.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 27 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #138

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 28 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]173245[/snapback]

HA! Call up the local government, and ask them! LOL! They would burn 3ABN down if they thought it would do any good! Did anyone actually notice a few years ago when 3ABN was no longer refered to on air as being in Thompsonville, but West Frankfort instead!
(It's about 100 yards to T'ville and 10 miles to W.F.) LOL!

Think about it. Many people in the area years ago, like me, knew the current administrators before they were administrators...

When I first arrived at 3ABN I was awed, impressed, both with the buildings and the wonderful loving and dedicated people working there. So I remarked that they must be making a great impact and witness to the local community.

I was amazed at the response right there, and even by Danny Shelton himself. It was "They all hate us!"

I am the kind of person who wants to get the reasons, so I went out to find out why the community disliked 3ABN. It had nothing to do with the doctrines or life style, but because they were untrustworthy! Among those in the community who were watching 3ABN, and were not SDA themselves, there was one exception. "Linda is a person we can trust." Is this why she was disliked among some of those she worked together with? Do they have a feeling similar to Joseph's brothers? Is this why Danny discarded her? Just asking. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Jan 27 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #139

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 27 2007, 11:15 AM) [snapback]173176[/snapback]

welcome(1).gif

Hawk, wecome to BSDA! It's so nice to have someone else from Thompsonville who demonstrates such clarity of thought.

I'm curious about something. What is the general view of 3abn in the Thompsonville area?

In looking at many of your posts it seems fairly obvious that you know just the right questions to ask that will have negative answers. You do it so innocently but yet anyone that goes back aways can see you have a nice little pattern to what you are doing. You already know the answers to the questions you ask and you are secure they will be answered in a negative way, which is why you choose those particular questions. I notice that you have never ask a question that I can find, that would be answered in the positive towards 3abn. Good Strategy but game over.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 27 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #140

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 27 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]173367[/snapback]

I notice that you have never ask a question that I can find, that would be answered in the positive towards 3abn. Good Strategy but game over.

Now WWJD, you don't play nice. There's always an extra inning for the home team!

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jan 27 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 27 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]173365[/snapback]

I am the kind of person who wants to get the reasons, so I went out to find out why the community disliked 3ABN. It had nothing to do with the doctrines or life style, but because they were untrustworthy!

The man speaks the truth. Most people around Thompsonville and West Frankfort who dislike 3ABN or the administration know nothing about the SDA church or their doctrine.

Many years ago, I was stopped in our local Kmart by a SDA pastor I had met at 3ABN. he asked if I was still working there and I said, "No, I got fired." He stuck his hand out to shake mine and said, "Congratulations. I have had my fill of them, too." Does HE hate the SDA church?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 27 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #142

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 27 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]173363[/snapback]

As usual there is "some" truth to what you say about T'vill hating 3abn. But from what I have heard it is not because they knew administration before they were administration. It is because they are Sventh day adventists. Rumors have went around for years in the town that the adventist denomination are a cult and that they working along with 3abn, have built hidden tunnels and have weapons and all the junk that goes into small town gossip. If 3ABN were babtist or methodist or Church of God, all would be well and accepted. If Ellen White lived in Thompsonville even she, would be the object of ridicule.

I have lived around Adventist institutions... some call them ghettos... all of my life. I have never yet lived in one where the community closest to them did not have the highest respect for them... even though they might ridicule their "strange" eating habits or some of their doctrines. I have also heard stories of Ellen White all of my life, and I have never yet heard of any place that she lived where she was anything but loved and respected. (With the possible exception of Battle Creek where she had to endure the coldness of some of her "brethren".... but that was not the community itself.)

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jan 27 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]173373[/snapback]

The man speaks the truth. Most people around Thompsonville and West Frankfort who dislike 3ABN or the administration know nothing about the SDA church or their doctrine.

Many years ago, I was stopped in our local Kmart by a SDA pastor I had met at 3ABN. he asked if I was still working there and I said, "No, I got fired." He stuck his hand out to shake mine and said, "Congratulations. I have had my fill of them, too." Does HE hate the SDA church?

Thank you for your confirmation of what I have heard from previous sources about the way the people of Thompsonville feel about 3abn. This is so sad. On the other hand, I am glad they are able to separate the 3abn cult from the true SDA church!

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Jan 27 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #143

Member No.: 1,252

Watchbird, yours is the first posting I've read which refers to 3ABN as a "cult". I've been wondering how long it would take for someone to start using that kind of language. The more I read and learn about the situation there, it seems to me that it certainly is a cult.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 27 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #144

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 27 2007, 09:09 PM) [snapback]173367[/snapback]

In looking at many of your posts it seems fairly obvious that you know just the right questions to ask that will have negative answers. You do it so innocently but yet anyone that goes back aways can see you have a nice little pattern to what you are doing. You already know the answers to the questions you ask and you are secure they will be answered in a negative way, which is why you choose those particular questions. I notice that you have never ask a question that I can find, that would be answered in the positive towards 3abn. Good Strategy but game over.

wwjd interesting you should use the word strategy since that is what you have attempted to implement since your arrival... it is safe to say that everything you have done since gracing us is exactly what Jesus would not do.... you cannot refure Hawk so you attempt to distract the message..... tiresome you are... totally...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jan 28 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 27 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]173367[/snapback]

boxing.gif

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 28 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #146

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jan 28 2007, 01:13 AM) [snapback]173429[/snapback]

boxing.gif

cheer.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jan 28 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 24 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]172344[/snapback]

I read Pickles letters to Danny. They were harassment at its worst. Both Dr. Thompson and Danny let him know they could no longer communicate with Bob Pickle and yet Pickle just kept hounding them with emails. Read it for yourself....

That IS harassment!!

Is there any chance you are able to get ahold of these letters and bring them to this forum so the truth of the harrassment can be verified? Just the facts, ma'm. Just the facts. Still on the fence.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Jan 28 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #148

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jan 27 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]173435[/snapback]

Is there any chance you are able to get ahold of these letters and bring them to this forum so the truth of the harrassment can be verified? Just the facts, ma'm. Just the facts. Still on the fence.

All correspendence has been documented on Maritime. You may have to register.

+Quote Post
NormF
post Jan 28 2007, 03:05 AM
Post #149

Member No.: 1,691

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 24 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]172230[/snapback]
This morning Harold Lance sent out a message stating why ASI withdrew from an attempt to resolve the issues with 3-ABN.

I believe that it contains a number of factul errors. I am publishing Mr. Lance's message, with my comments inserted.

[balance deleted for the sake of brevity]

To return to the beginning of this thread for a moment ....

Questions of why Mr. Lance has said some of the things he has, and why he seems to be taking the tack he has, have been asked during the last few days. While I don't know him from Adam, and concede that what I'm about to say may or may not apply to him, nevertheless, there are some background matters related to it that all of us, just generally, should take into consideration when, for example, a person reads material such as we have here.

Jurisprudence in the American tradition is based on something called adversarial confrontation. When a lawyer sets out to represent a client professionally, anything that will achieve a favorable outcome for his client at the end of the legal process becomes an acceptable tool or procedure along the way. In essence, the end justifies the means. You may also have noticed that lawyers are never required to take an oath of truth-giving, only witnesses do that. Same reason. (The system did not come to be the way it is by accident or coincidence.) If it will help his client's position, and unless he fears that getting called on it by the opposing attorney or the judge will undo his advantage, for most lawyers, the first choice is "do it." In fact, even if he does get called on it and it's then disallowed, it is often still useful and effective from his point of view. (I love that post hoc judicial admonition to jurists after one of these faux pas been said, "Don't use that in your deliberations." Yeah, right, quit thinking, dudes, about all those elephants in the room!) Additionally, there is no Hippocratic oath in this profession stating that the first rule of conduct is to do no harm. Instead, the first rule is maximize your client's benefit.

While there are many lawyers who do hold to a high personal ethic of practice and general deportment despite all this, the fact that they do has little to do with the profession's direct influence. Such an ethic simply is not deeply ingrained into it's core as a fundamental value ... which is one of the major reasons why lawyers in general, and politicians, are not high on lists of approval in the eyes of the general public. This is why it's expecting too much to assume at the outset that a given lawyer is moved by the same rules that we feel guide us. (Happily, I'm glad to note there are some excellent exemplars of the good guys, and gals, here in BSDA; and to you, my salute for rising above your "handicap." Peace, my friends, OK?) notworthy.gif

So ... should we expect Mr. Lance to be a truth teller? Not necessarily. He may be; but if so, that has little to do with the fact that he's a lawyer. If he is, that's more likely to be so in spite of it, not because of it. And then in this case, adding to this background context, considering who his client is, it does become harder to believe that he's completely free of the influence of his profession. As usual, of course, time will tell.

'Nuff said.

Regards,
Norm

This post has been edited by NormF: Jan 28 2007, 03:12 AM

--------------------
Debile fundamentum, fallit opus. - "Where there is a weak foundation, the work falls."

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 28 2007, 05:43 AM
Post #150

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

There is one problem, Norm. In this case Harold Lance did take an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

I can't give you the exact date, but I know for certainty that he did.

Everyone who becomes a Seventh-day Adventist takes solemn vows before God, similar to marriage vows, and those vows include a pledge to keep the 10 Commandments, one of which says, "Thou shalt not bear false witness."

"Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay" (Eccl. 5:5).

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church