Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12345&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:41:21 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Take It To The Chruch.
Grace
post Feb 4 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 4 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]175280[/snapback]

Why am I involved? Because what you call a private converstation is public. That is why.

Very right. And something was spooky and smelled awful. I'm thankful to Calvin for his action.

Blessings BSDA!

--------------------
Grace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 4 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 4 2007, 09:54 AM) [snapback]175282[/snapback]

Very right. And something was spooky and smelled awful. I'm thankful to Calvin for his action.

Blessings BSDA!

It sure gave an inside view of how a lawyer will try to smear a person. I see red when I hear this type of questioning. This is one reason that more victims of sexual assault do not step forward. They know that every thing have done -- or falsely implied that they have done -- will be spread out in the poorest light.

I think of the story of Joshua and the Angel told in Zechariah 3. The devil was there to do what the devil does best, "And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan;"

Unfortunately our courts don't have the Lord as judge, and sometimes the smear campaign does work. I have seen perpetrators of sexual assault walk away without being convicted.furious.gif

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 4 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

What EW wanted was NOT a private conversation. They wanted to cast doubt on Duane's character...again...and so it needed to be posted instead of sending a private message.

What they ended up doing was make themselves look ridiculous...again.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 4 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 4 2007, 10:40 AM) [snapback]175287[/snapback]

What EW wanted was NOT a private conversation. They wanted to cast doubt on Duane's character...again...and so it needed to be posted instead of sending a private message.

What they ended up doing was make themselves look ridiculous...again.

But what is posted as a PM could also be used in court by an unscrupulous lawyer. Duane doesn't need to answer his questions even in PMs.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 4 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 3 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]175142[/snapback]

"Resigned" isn't exactly what I call it if it is true that he still receives a paycheck. "Absent" would be more appropriate.

Actually, he retired. If he still does receive a paycheck that would be common practice for a retiree, a paycheck or a pension of some kind but regardless, You compare the way Linda was treated and the way Tommy was treated, well....it would seem Linda "drew a paycheck" for 3 years after her departure and I believe it was a very large one.......... so what's your point?

+Quote Post
sister
post Feb 4 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 4 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]175289[/snapback]

Actually, he retired. If he still does receive a paycheck that would be common practice for a retiree, a paycheck or a pension of some kind but regardless, You compare the way Linda was treated and the way Tommy was treated, well....it would seem Linda "drew a paycheck" for 3 years after her departure and I believe it was a very large one.......... so what's your point?

The point is that 3ABN does not OFFICALLY have a pension or retirement plan for employees. Linda was fired from 3ABN and received severance pay. If Tommy "resigned" voluntarily, he would not receive severance pay. So, if he is receiving a paycheck, has there been a change in policy by the 3ABN Board of Directors?

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 4 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 4 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]175291[/snapback]

The point is that 3ABN does not OFFICALLY have a pension or retirement plan for employees. Linda was fired from 3ABN and received severance pay. If Tommy "resigned" voluntarily, he would not receive severance pay. So, if he is receiving a paycheck, has there been a change in policy by the 3ABN Board of Directors?

I was going to post exactly this. 3ABN does not have a retirement plan, period. IF Tommy is receiving a check, it is just a long vacation.

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Feb 4 2007, 12:27 PM

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 4 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 4 2007, 12:10 PM) [snapback]175293[/snapback]

I was going to post exactly this. 3ABN does not have a retirement plan, period. What Tommy did is take a long paid vacation.

Let's see,, at first you said if the rumor is true that Tommy is receiving a pay check.. Now, one post later you say tommy is taking a long paid vacation. That is a statement not speculation. When did it change? Also, I didn't see that you addressed the fact that Linda has had one for 3 years.

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 4 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]175291[/snapback]

I have no idea and once again, you are all getting into a discussion of what "might" be. That is the problem here. Somebody mentions that something might be happening and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and by the time they are through the speculation has turned into fact.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 4 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 4 2007, 11:18 AM) [snapback]175296[/snapback]

Somebody mentions that something might be happening and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and by the time they are through the speculation has turned into fact.

It is true that some may speculate, but others check it out and come back with solid answers.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 4 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 4 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]175296[/snapback]

Let's see,, at first you said if the rumor is true that Tommy is receiving a pay check.. Now, one post later you say tommy is taking a long paid vacation. That is a statement not speculation. When did it change? Also, I didn't see that you addressed the fact that Linda has had one for 3 years.
I have no idea and once again, you are all getting into a discussion of what "might" be. That is the problem here. Somebody mentions that something might be happening and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and by the time they are through the speculation has turned into fact.

Post edited for speculation. But for the record, your arguments are also speculation since you do not have to evidence to support the other side.

It's amazing that just as soon as EW is banned, you start posting one message after another after not seeing you around for a whlile...go figure. Enter another apologist to replace EW.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 4 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 4 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]175308[/snapback]

Post edited for speculation. But for the record, your arguments are also speculation since you do not have to evidence to support the other side.

It's amazing that just as soon as EW is banned, you start posting one message after another after not seeing you around for a whlile...go figure. Enter another apologist to replace EW.

"Another?" Not sure! tongue.gif

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 4 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 4 2007, 01:30 PM) [snapback]175308[/snapback]

It's amazing that just as soon as EW is banned, you start posting one message after another after not seeing you around for a whlile...go figure.

I am glad to see I am not the only one that noticed and wondered, and it appears to be true on multiple threads.

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 4 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 4 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]175308[/snapback]

For the record I had no argument or speculation, you started the topic. And fyi I had no idea that EW was banned until I read the posts about an hour ago..As for not seeing me around for a while, I have been busy and I could say the same for you. It seems you have not been showing up near as often as before.

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 4 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]175301[/snapback]

It is true that some may speculate, but others check it out and come back with solid answers.

Well, I guess the big question would be "how are they "checking" it out? The source makes all the difference.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Feb 4 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(eye witness @ Feb 4 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]175240[/snapback]

Duane not all written statements are sincerely molestation. The drag in Carbondale may change from year to year, new bartenders and all, but the thing that don't always change, are those who frequented those places back years ago and now. Some have gotten older and need less of that atmosphere but they are still around. Centerville has a nice fountain there, do you know anything about any snap shots that may have been taken in that area? Just asking.

Hhhmmm. Sounds to me like a veiled blackmail threat...

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 4 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 4 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]175358[/snapback]

Hhhmmm. Sounds to me like a veiled blackmail threat...

That's right, and it wasn't the only one that sounded like that. He made at least another one. It was starting to get spooky! blink.gif

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church