Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12345&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:41:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Take It To The Chruch.
sonshineonme
post Feb 4 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 4 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]175364[/snapback]

That's right, and it wasn't the only one that sounded like that. He made at least another one. It was starting to get spooky! blink.gif

spookey is not the word I would use.
wait, what is that on my shoe? giggle.gif (yes, another fun smiley)

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 4 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 4 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]175365[/snapback]

spookey is not the word I would use.
wait, what is that on my shoe? giggle.gif (yes, another fun smiley)

For me it was more like yucky.gif !

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 4 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 4 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]175364[/snapback]

That's right, and it wasn't the only one that sounded like that. He made at least another one. It was starting to get spooky! blink.gif

It is hilarious how everyone here can throw vicious accusations around as statement of fact, but any 3abn defender can't even insinuate or hint at something (that maybe they know) and they get the boot. doh.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 4 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 4 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]175371[/snapback]

For me it was more like yucky.gif !

It was also typical.
...Disgusting
...Dirty pool
...Crude
Evil

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 4 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 4 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]175287[/snapback]

What EW wanted was NOT a private conversation. They wanted to cast doubt on Duane's character...again...and so it needed to be posted instead of sending a private message.

What they ended up doing was make themselves look ridiculous...again.

I have a question which you certainly do not have to answer but if you choose to, please answer as truthfully as possible.
Did you have a problem (whether you worked under him or not) with Tommy as production manager. I mean with his personality or the way he performed his job, the way he talked to people, ect ect.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 4 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

In other words Tommy was a nice guy he couldn't be a molestor and even if he was so what? He did his job without any problems so we should just quit picking on him. Give me a break WWJD. There are letters stateing he molested from a position of pastor, what part of this can't you get? (But of course if you want to throw another log in the pyre, er, fire please go ahead, we can use the warmth, but can 3abn stand the heat?)

Richard

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 4 2007, 03:21 PM) [snapback]175376[/snapback]

I have a question which you certainly do not have to answer but if you choose to, please answer as truthfully as possible.
Did you have a problem (whether you worked under him or not) with Tommy as production manager. I mean with his personality or the way he performed his job, the way he talked to people, ect ect.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 4 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 4 2007, 12:18 PM) [snapback]175372[/snapback]

It is hilarious how everyone here can throw vicious accusations around as statement of fact, but any 3abn defender can't even insinuate or hint at something (that maybe they know) and they get the boot. doh.gif

wwjd,

Let ask you direct question, does it make tommy S. actions any more acceptable, any less cheating on his wife, and any less abusing of his office as a pastor, IF any of his victims were in fact of non- heterosexual nature. YES or NO.

If you think No then please explain, if you think yes then please explain.
thank you in advance for you awnser.

(i am in no why saying that I know or even think it matters what the personal sexaul desires of tommys victims is or was or for that matter might be in the future, just wanted that to be clear.)

Erik

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 4 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 4 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]175296[/snapback]

I didn't see that you addressed the fact that Linda has had one for 3 years.

A fact? uhm.gif

Linda is receiving pay for three years?! Does that mean that Danny and 3ABN had a change of heart and are paying her for an one more year??! uhm.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 4 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 4 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]175409[/snapback]

A fact? uhm.gif

Linda is receiving pay for three years?! Does that mean that Danny and 3ABN had a change of heart and are paying her for an one more year??! uhm.gif

Good eye Inga - I noted their "stretch" as well. Boy, are they wrong....thinking we don't know our facts!

--------------------

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 4 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 4 2007, 05:12 PM) [snapback]175399[/snapback]

wwjd,

Let ask you direct question, does it make tommy S. actions any more acceptable, any less cheating on his wife, and any less abusing of his office as a pastor, IF any of his victims were in fact of non- heterosexual nature. YES or NO.

If you think No then please explain, if you think yes then please explain.
thank you in advance for you awnser.

(i am in no why saying that I know or even think it matters what the personal sexaul desires of tommys victims is or was or for that matter might be in the future, just wanted that to be clear.)

Erik

Cheating on your spouse is never acceptable. My problem here is this: We have no idea what really happened or exactly when, so...if any of the allegations did in fact, happen, we have no idea if he repented before God ( on here it is just assumed he has not) If he confessed to his wife and family and sought their forgiveness, and with true repentance has walked the straight and narrow ever since. All on this forum say no he has not repented because he didn't apologize to the alleged "victims." Again, if any of the accusations are true, the bottom line is we don't know and will never know what he actually said or did not say, and to whom, and regardless we do not set the criteria for how anyone should receive forgiveness. We also do not know if he has received counseling that would keep him on track or not. All I would like is for all, here, to think about this for a moment. If I am anywhere close to right in my scenerio and there has been true repentance for any alleged wrongs, if he has had counseling, if he has made things right with his family a long time ago...then can you imagine for one second what this forum has done to him and his family? The pain, the humiliation, the embarrasment that this has cost him, his wife, children, grandchildren, and for what? For something that they may have worked through years ago and had maybe found some sort of healing and then....this forum happened. Not to even mention all the things that have been posted here that are not true like....he wasn't really in bad health and that was just an excuse when he got caught....I believe it was Joe Smith or eyewitness that gave the dates and hospitals where he had a heart attack, stint surgery, balloon surgery, heart caths....so then everyone dropped that and went on to other accusations.
My point being, how could we even take a chance on destroying a mans life and family, when there are so many things that we truly do not know about the whole situation. If I am right in what I believe has happened (and I think I am ) then not only will we be accountable to God for what has been done but, should something to happen to him (another heart attack) because of the grief this site has caused, I believe his blood will be on the hands of his crucifiers.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 4 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]175412[/snapback]

Good eye Inga - I noted their "stretch" as well. Boy, are they wrong....thinking we don't know our facts!

You need to lighten up, I thought her payments were stretched out for 3 years. You are telling me that's wrong, so fine, I will take your word for it that you know that it was 2. It really makes no difference, the figures are still the same. The defenders of 3abn can't make an honest mistake about anything without almost being called liars. You guys can make up any scenerio you want and that is truth.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 4 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #56

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 4 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]175423[/snapback]

Cheating on your spouse is never acceptable. My problem here is this: We have no idea what really happened or exactly when, so...if any of the allegations did in fact, happen, we have no idea if he repented before God ( on here it is just assumed he has not) If he confessed to his wife and family and sought their forgiveness, and with true repentance has walked the straight and narrow ever since. All on this forum say no he has not repented because he didn't apologize to the alleged "victims." Again, if any of the accusations are true, the bottom line is we don't know and will never know what he actually said or did not say, and to whom, and regardless

The gentlemen asked a few questions however, only one question has actually been answered. This one trick pony thing is really, really, really getting old. nonono.gif

Unless, any or all of his family desires to come here and say he has made things right with them, IF any apology actually has been given to his family, that is between him God and his family. (Note) None here has asked any of them to do so.

ALL on this forum would include yourself... seeing that you have yet to see/read where ALL on this forum make such a statement, that makes your statement a bald face lie. (Note) When it is not the truth, what else can it be?

Seeing that there are statements made by at least two "alleged" victims, and they can say whether they have received an apology, which remains to be stated, then it would seem that the alleged perp has yet to do all that God requires of him.

You can at least make the effort to come correct, or keep this vain jangling to yourself. That is what Jesus would do.

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 5 2007, 08:38 AM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 4 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #57

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

snack.gif
Well!

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 4 2007, 11:54 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 4 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]175423[/snapback]

My point being, how could we even take a chance on destroying a mans life and family, when there are so many things that we truly do not know about the whole situation. If I am right in what I believe has happened (and I think I am ) then not only will we be accountable to God for what has been done but, should something to happen to him (another heart attack) because of the grief this site has caused, I believe his blood will be on the hands of his crucifiers.

Are you talking about Tommy or his victims?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 5 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 4 2007, 01:33 PM) [snapback]175309[/snapback]

"Another?" Not sure! tongue.gif

I should have said "under a different user name." There are many computers at 3ABN you know.

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 4 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]175358[/snapback]

Hhhmmm. Sounds to me like a veiled blackmail threat...

I didn't see a veil. But yes, it was definitely a threat.

Badger
Manipulate
Distract

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 5 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 4 2007, 03:21 PM) [snapback]175376[/snapback]

I have only heard good things of Tommy and never saw anything unethical. I did not believe what I was told about the molestation until the victims started identifying themselves and another family member spoke to me and said they knew it was true. But do not take this to mean that because I never heard anything "bad" about him on the job that he is innocent.

And don't forget that many, many sexual offenders are "good guys", "sweet", "charming", and an all-around "nice people" How many times have we seen on the news the shocked testimonies of family, friends, and neighbors after someone has been found out? I believe that it is this facade that allows them to act for so long.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church