Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1237&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:23 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News - Continuation, Letter from Danny Shelton to BSDA
princessdi
post Jul 16 2004, 09:49 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(kountzer @ Jul 16 2004, 03:14 AM)
I've seen more diversity of opinion and people of color on 3ABN than I have seen just about anywhere else in this church.

dB

DB, I think you missed the point of this one. Steve was saying with 3ABN putting out only a bare minimum of information, most people, of all colors, will fill in the blanks or at least speculate about the rest of the facts.

I totally understand, Calvin. Last night I read those other site, plus Linda letter. Those other sight said things far worse than we did. Our main focus was the handling of the situation. My jaw dropped at some of the stuff I read on the other sites. I had no idea it was that bad.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
investigator
post Jul 16 2004, 09:52 AM
Post #17

Group: Members
Member No.: 354

I have to agree with Calvin's post of today. I also believe that both Shelton's have been hurting, but it is information that has been put out there. Why can't it be discussed? Some of the things that are on ClubAdventist.com are about church matters and names are used and the issues are discussed more explicitly than here. I believe instead of attacking the website responses, Danny Shelton should continue to work on his situation. I sense that he is angry and lashing out and it is understandable because he is hurting.

+Quote Post
mizrobby
post Jul 16 2004, 10:31 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 14

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Jul 16 2004, 04:18 AM)
I just went back and read the responses to the first thread on this topic. I did not see anything that was tabloidish.... we discussed possibilities and didn't assign balme to anyone, giving them both benefit of the doubt.... all told there were only 53 comments.... On VOAF there were 233 comments on one thread and they closed the thread and then someone started it again and there are 44 more comments on this topic..... here are the links......

http://online-adventist.org/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000302.html
http://online-adventist.org/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000288.html

How does one conclude that we are not nothing more than tabloid gossip???????

Calvin edit if you need to.....

Oh boy! I just read these sites and it seems to be so much anger and hatred there. And Shelton formed his mouth to say that BSDA is a tabloid/gossip site? He's got to be kidding!! The prayers that leave BSDA on their behalf just may be the prayers that keep 3ABN afloat! The other sites are indeed ripping them apart and definitely are not discreet in calling names. Indeed, Shelton is lashing out at the wrong parties and needs to re-direct...

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jul 16 2004, 01:37 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 16 2004, 09:10 AM)
Even beyond this, when things do go beyond the bounds of propriety, this board, more than any other I've been a part of, can and does police itself without regard for who it is that needs to be rebuked...and if Danny Shelton lurks here alot, then he should have noticed that by now.

As I've said before, those who view this list negatively need to see the other unmoderated/quasi-moderated Adventist lists to get some perspective. Other lists have been far more speculative about the nature of the issues which the Sheltons are dealing with and far more vitriolic towards him, her or both of them... Most of the speculation here has centered around the action of the 3ABN organization and the possible motives behind said action, not around the personal issues of Danny and Linda Shelton. It appears to me Bro. Shelton is trying to spin this so he comes out blameless, by any means necessary... and having achieved a degree of influence through the 3ABN ministry he has lost sight of the fact that neither this list nor the opinions of those who frequent it are subject to his whim...also lost on him is the fact that he has been given a substantially fairer shake here than most other places.

I continue to pray for the Sheltons and the 3ABN ministry... and I continue to pray for you, Calvin, and for the ministry you have here.

In His service,
Kevin Josey

I couldn't have said it better!

+Quote Post
dmizzle06
post Jul 16 2004, 07:40 PM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(PARADISE @ Jul 16 2004, 05:12 AM)
Yup, and you have just been DIS-fellowshipped!

2guns.gif

--------------------
...y eso es todo tengo que decir.

+Quote Post
dmizzle06
post Jul 16 2004, 07:48 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 275

Ok, something is very wrong with this man's letter. First of all, he says this is a tabloid site, whatever that means. Nobody gossips on here...well, at least that's not the main focus of this site. If he'd paid attention to the threads, he'd have known that. Secondly, he seems upset over the fact that no one attempted to get the story from the horse's mouth, yet he offered no explanation or details of the situation in his letter. And finally, as I mentioned in another thread, 3ABN isn't spreading the gospel to "all the world." I'd like to see a network of some sort where everyone can have access, not just a few Adventists who subscribe to it.

--------------------
...y eso es todo tengo que decir.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jul 17 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(dmizzle06 @ Jul 16 2004, 07:48 PM)
Ok, something is very wrong with this man's letter. First of all, he says this is a tabloid site, whatever that means. Nobody gossips on here...well, at least that's not the main focus of this site. If he'd paid attention to the threads, he'd have known that. Secondly, he seems upset over the fact that no one attempted to get the story from the horse's mouth, yet he offered no explanation or details of the situation in his letter. And finally, as I mentioned in another thread, 3ABN isn't spreading the gospel to "all the world." I'd like to see a network of some sort where everyone can have access, not just a few Adventists who subscribe to it.

Preach it clapping.gif

+Quote Post
TedOdell
post Jul 18 2004, 05:06 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 5

the meanest, most racist, self-righteous....

Shelton's missive was nothing more than a rallying call for all of his supporters. They have a problem with us when we call them out! (by their right name). But, I'll keep my membership (and take my chances) in the conferences of us gossipers 'til Jesus comes.

If he spent as much time with Linda as he did while with BSDA, maybe she wouldn't have gotten her veggie-stella on.

Oh Dannyeee Boi ! Come to think about it, maybe a separate gossip channel wouldn't be all bad. Since all will know up front that it's all lies, nobody feelings ought to be hurt.

--------------------
Do God's will without permission or apology!

+Quote Post
pmorris68
post Jul 18 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 399

no.gif I have been resisiting posting anything about this. Now let me say this. I appauld the fact that the Chairman of 3ABN even went through the trouble to creating a committee to find the facts in this situation and unbiasley got other peoples opinion before doing what they did. But Danny and Linda Shelton have become public figures in our church. And he just needs to accept that fact and move on. Regardless of what has transpired between them, it needed to stay between them. But because she put it out there, well there you go. So now they have got to deal with the talking and conversations about it.

That is life!! NO matter what color you are pain is pain. And for their pain I pray God will comfort. But let's not forget this was self inflicted pain. Now MR. Shelton may not have intended this all to go down the way it has. But it has. So now the best thing for him to do is to pray and let it go and move on. While I understand no one's life is perfect if it were we would all be in heaven by now. We totally understand that in this world divorce is a ugly reality. But he needs to focus on healing and not lashing out at folks who are commenting on his life. He is only making it worse. That's my 2 cents. furious.gif

+Quote Post
investigator
post Jul 19 2004, 10:03 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 354

biggrin.gif

Ted, tell us how yur really feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jul 19 2004, 10:19 AM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ok now that we have established the fact that no one is trying to gossip, what in the world happened. If she claimed that she hasn't cheated, what could have went wrong. I think this whole ordeal is just a bunch of junk, AND I didn't know that it was LINDA that brought all of this attention to herself... SAD SAD SAD!!! sad.gif

+Quote Post
pmorris68
post Jul 19 2004, 12:45 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 399

QUOTE(investigator @ Jul 19 2004, 10:03 AM)
biggrin.gif

Ted, tell us how yur really feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I got carried away!! boxing.gif

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 19 2004, 01:44 PM
Post #28

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Ted does not post here often, but if you know Ted, that was classic Ted. I must admit the “Veggie-Stella” jab had me lol.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 19 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 19 2004, 11:44 AM)
Ted does not post here often, but if you know Ted, that was classic Ted. I must admit the “Veggie-Stella” jab had me lol.gif

I'm glad I am not the only one!! LOL!!! Sorry. I couldn't help that one!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jul 19 2004, 02:22 PM
Post #30

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Yea, I know Di. I am not one who usually makes fun at someone’s expense, but that jab was just down right funny. BTW, for all you White folks lurking out there, the reference is to the movie “How Stella Got Her Grove Back”. You would have had to seen or heard of the movie to appreciate the humor.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church