Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1237&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:25 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News - Continuation, Letter from Danny Shelton to BSDA
mizrobby
post Jul 19 2004, 08:38 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 14

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 19 2004, 07:44 PM)
Ted does not post here often, but if you know Ted, that was classic Ted. I must admit the “Veggie-Stella” jab had me lol.gif

Calvin--Indeed, you do know my husband well!!! Classic Ted for sure!! thankyou.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mizrobby
post Jul 27 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 16 2004, 03:07 AM)
Hi, my name is Danny Shelton and I work for 3ABN. It's not a credit your Black SDA that it appears to be nothing more than a tabloid gossip page.
Not one of the people that I could see commenting have even attempted to contact me, that I know of, about all the things they are judging me of.
You do have some people in the "know" that you could find out some info from if it means that much to you. Pastor John Lomacang has spent many hours counseling with Linda and me and even made some recommendations to the board about our situation which the 3ABN board took very seriously.
As of late Pastor Mark Finley has counseled with both Linda and Me. He agrees with the decision the board has taken on this issue and so does Pastor John. Several others have also counseled us and all agree with the board's action.
Paula and Curtis have indeed been back to do more programming without me or Linda. Their program stands on it's own.
No one has been hurt like Linda and me have been through this whole situation. We still love each other and spend considerable time together.
This situation at 3ABN cannot be judged by onlookers as though you have the truth. Much of this is so personal you will probably never know what has really happened.
We encourage people not to take sides, except to support the work of God on this earth.
If 3ABN is of God it will continue to bring about good fruit.
If it is of Satan it will bring about bad fruit. You be the judge.
Please continue to pray for both Linda and me as we both want 3ABN to succeed in taking the gospel to the world.
Thanks for listening

Hi Family--Ted and I took a trip to Orlando this past weekend, and decided to visit the Patmos church. 3ABN was also at Patmos taping Sabbath services for their "On the Road" tour. Patmos' choir and the fellowship was awesome and we look forward to returning.

Now--Danny Shelton was the speaker of the hour, of course. His comments throughout the course of his presentation were interesting, to say the very least. After the choir sang, his comment was "y'all are serious about singing here"... Then after some rambling, he compared his coming to Patmos with his going to New York. He mentioned that a friend told him that whenever he saw a lot of Black people, don't be intimidated, just look them in the eye and say "what choo lookin' at?"...When in the program it was time for the offering, he made another comment saying, "in the Black churches, you say "lift the tithes"...

Many "Black" comments were made. IMHO, all were unnecessary. Were these supposed to be terms of endearment? When we visit "their" churches, should we make lots of "white" comments? Maybe this was his way of breaking the ice.

Many waited with baited breath for the sermon. Mr. Shelton based his sermon on Nehemiah's building of the wall--and not coming off that wall to defend his actions. Mr. Shelton equated Nehemiah with himself--and how he will not come off the wall to defend his actions re:3ABN and accusations made against him. Mr. Shelton pretty much ranted about silly women being led astray, lust, how tv and internet has entered the home, infidelity among women, how innocent conversation leads to destruction, Adventist chat rooms and rumors abounding and how folks are writing about him. That was the sermon.

I'm sure everyone in the room felt what he was alluding to and ranting about. I'm sure some of you may have seen the taping. I took notes, as I sometimes do in order to recall what the sermon was about.

Anyway, after services, I felt an obligation to talk with Mr. Shelton. I offered up a prayer so that my words would not cross my lips, but that the Holy Spirit would guide my tongue. I shook his hand, told him that I'm a member of BlackSDA, and let him know that the members of BlackSDA are strong Christians. I also told him that BlackSDA is in no way a gossip/tabloid column and his letter saying that we were was highly offensive. I also told him that the members of BlackSDA are continuing to lift him AND Linda and 3ABN up in prayer, and that if anyone is keeping 3ABN afloat, it is the prayers of BlackSDA. I didn't let his hand go or stop looking him in his eyes until he heard. He did say many times "I appreciate that".

If Mr. Shelton is lurking this site, I'm sure he will confirm all that I've said here.

+Quote Post
TedOdell
post Jul 27 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

yep...that's what happened alright TED WUZ THERE!

--------------------
Do God's will without permission or apology!

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 27 2004, 08:32 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You know, I had never even heard of Danny Shelton or Lida until this unfortunate situation. My first impression remains the same. They should have handled this a lot better, and he should preach when asked and refrain from causing more confusion. What MizRobby just relayed does not sound at al like the man who posted here with such righteous indignation. If people are talking about him, then it is this type of behavior exhibited by him and the board of 3ABN who fuel the fire.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Jul 28 2004, 06:56 AM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 490

Mzrobby I saw the braodcast of the Patmos service and can confirm some of what you report. The "black" comments were just plain stupid, I think. As soon as Danny started his talk on Nehemiah and I realized he was trying to use the Word I got turnned off.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]

+Quote Post
mizrobby
post Jul 28 2004, 07:43 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

The comments were indeed uncalled for and ignorant, to say the very least. It showed the great divide--our church and your church. This is what you do and this is what we do. I think what bothered me the most is that persons laughed at the comments in order to placate him or make him feel more comfortable. God's love, grace and compassion was not brought out or emphasized. Only frustration and anger.

Has anyone had a speaking engagement at a "white" church? Do you feel compelled to make Black/White comments to break the ice?

But as I let Mr. Shelton know, BlackSDA members are praying for them--it's obvious that prayer is needed.

Welcome, Tarduke!

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 28 2004, 07:55 AM
Post #37

Guests

QUOTE(mizrobby @ Jul 28 2004, 08:43 AM)
Has anyone had a speaking engagement at a "white" church? Do you feel compelled to make Black/White comments to break the ice?

In the early nineties I preached at a white church in Tallahasse, FL. My topic was "Are You Black Enough?" That was my only reference to color.

+Quote Post
mizrobby
post Jul 28 2004, 08:46 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Darius--How were you received? What was your message behind the title? Sounds powerfully intriguing...

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jul 28 2004, 09:26 AM
Post #39

Guests

When I announced the subject there was some visible shifting in the seats. But they stayed long enough to get the message. My text was from Jeremiah concerning the brand plucked from the burning. My thesis was that it was not enough to be singed by the heat from the Holy Spirit; we need to be burned by the Spirit. We need to be black enough. It was a good sermon, even if I say so myself.

+Quote Post
investigator
post Jul 28 2004, 01:49 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 354

I saw the broadcast on Sabbath as I was getting ready to go to sabbath school.
I kept waiting for him to get into his sermon and waited quite a while before realizing that the sermon was all about him. The looks on the members faces told me some were bored, some had a wondering look and some were intently listening to what he was saying. I thought some of the comments were inappropriate for divine worship, but I believed he used the platform he was given to get some things off his chest. He said with the Lord's help he will not talk about this anymore. Let's hope that he sticks to his word. I just think he does not know a lot (any) of black people and he just does not know what to say. Perhaps someone in his area can become his friend and help him. It might just be me, but 3ABN is now kinda boring.

I'm still praying for him because he comes across as a awfully hurting person.

+Quote Post
dmizzle06
post Jul 28 2004, 07:27 PM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(mizrobby @ Jul 28 2004, 07:43 AM)
The comments were indeed uncalled for and ignorant, to say the very least. It showed the great divide--our church and your church. This is what you do and this is what we do. I think what bothered me the most is that persons laughed at the comments in order to placate him or make him feel more comfortable. God's love, grace and compassion was not brought out or emphasized. Only frustration and anger.

But as I let Mr. Shelton know, BlackSDA members are praying for them--it's obvious that prayer is needed.

Welcome, Tarduke!

This is why there will always be a separation as far as black and white conferences are concerned. And some people wonder why we still need them!

--------------------
...y eso es todo tengo que decir.

+Quote Post
pmorris68
post Jul 28 2004, 07:28 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 399

Heck ain't no black or white heaven, so somebody going to real messed up on Judgement day, that's all I got to say. : mad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_kountzer_*
post Jul 28 2004, 08:27 PM
Post #43

Guests

Heck ain't no black or white heaven, so somebody going to real messed up on Judgement day, that's all I got to say.  : mad.gif

Word.

DB

+Quote Post
dmizzle06
post Jul 28 2004, 09:57 PM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 275

No racism or prejudice there either, so add some more to that total.

--------------------
...y eso es todo tengo que decir.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Jul 29 2004, 05:31 AM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(dmizzle06 @ Jul 29 2004, 02:27 AM)
This is why there will always be a separation as far as black and white conferences are concerned. And some people wonder why we still need them!

Do you think separation re-inforces the ignorance?

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church