Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12375&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:39 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lawsuit Against Gaj
Bystander
post Feb 2 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 2 2007, 09:00 PM) [snapback]174919[/snapback]

How about public opinion? If Danny was not concerned, why would he mention Internet lists to the world? If I had no questions before, I would sure go looking after he complained about the "lies" that were written. It is my guess that I am not the only curious soul.

I agree that you are not the only curious soul, however, many do not have access to the internet, or if they do, they do not believe what they read just because it is printed there. Of course he would be concerned about any untruths being put on the net but I, specifically, was talking only about this little forum and how some seem to think that Danny and 3abn should come here to "clear" themselves. That thinking is very unrealistic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 2 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Do you know that several posts back I said Happy Sabbath adn invited you to the SS lesson Study, and you completely ignored me? You cant be kind for moment on the Sabbath? No matter what is going on here, we all take time to give each other a Sabbath Greeting. You might be missing the point, it is why we feel like family here. Get with the program, you are a part of the BSDA family, like it or not! LOL!!

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 2 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]174927[/snapback]

I agree that you are not the only curious soul, however, many do not have access to the internet, or if they do, they do not believe what they read just because it is printed there. Of course he would be concerned about any untruths being put on the net but I, specifically, was talking only about this little forum and how some seem to think that Danny and 3abn should come here to "clear" themselves. That thinking is very unrealistic.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 2 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 2 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]174927[/snapback]

Yes it would be unrealistic, because they know (you know) it won't work. They can not clear themselves any longer in the court of public opinion. It's too late, gone too far, too much out. So that is very unrealistic. (Even though they have tried).

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 2 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 2 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]174927[/snapback]

. . . some seem to think that Danny and 3abn should come here to "clear" themselves. That thinking is very unrealistic.

Didn't he accept an interview by Club Adventist on November 26th, 2004?

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 2 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #80

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 2 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]174927[/snapback]

Bad ideal for Linda, Tommy or Danny to come here. They would have nothing to gain. Would what they have to say really change anybodies mind? I don't think so. Just add more drama. It would still be more he/she said. We already have that.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 2 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 2 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]174950[/snapback]

Bad ideal for Linda, Tommy or Danny to come here. They would have nothing to gain. Would what they have to say really change anybodies mind? I don't think so. Just add more drama. It would still be more he/she said. We already have that.

Calvin, for once we agree

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 2 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]174934[/snapback]

Yes it would be unrealistic, because they know (you know) it won't work. They can not clear themselves any longer in the court of public opinion. It's too late, gone too far, too much out. So that is very unrealistic. (Even though they have tried).

Sorry to have to tell you, but this forum is only a miniscule part of public opinion. Many have come to the aid of 3ABN after having read the horrible accusations on this forum.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 2 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]174933[/snapback]

Do you know that several posts back I said Happy Sabbath adn invited you to the SS lesson Study, and you completely ignored me? You cant be kind for moment on the Sabbath? No matter what is going on here, we all take time to give each other a Sabbath Greeting. You might be missing the point, it is why we feel like family here. Get with the program, you are a part of the BSDA family, like it or not! LOL!!

I apologize princess Di, I was going to answer you but got sidetracked. happy sabbath to you also

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 2 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 2 2007, 07:39 AM) [snapback]174616[/snapback]

I don't believe it a coincidence that this lawyer is from Minneapolis... or that ASI's pulling out of the dialog on this situation... is one either.

I would wager that one Garwin McNeilus is entering the fray... and knowing this cease and desist communique was coming down, ASI was merely getting out of his way...

I could be mistaken... but I dont think so.

In His service,
Mr. J

If you are correct that Garwin M is "entering the fray" 3abn is fortunate indeed. There is a man who knows about big business..ie..how things should be done legally and in an appropriate fashion. He knows financial rules and regulations and he knows all about board & administrative leadership. He is also known for never involving himself in any organization unless they are squeaky clean and above board in all areas. The fact that he has supported 3abn gives me a lot of confidence about the way things are done there.
As far as the statement that ASI was just trying to get out of his way, I doubt if that would have been necessary.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 3 2007, 04:51 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 2 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]174934[/snapback]

I agree. Whether or not some issues go as far as the courts, The secret's out.

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Feb 3 2007, 05:52 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

Sorry to have to tell you, but this forum is only a miniscule part of public opinion. Many have come to the aid of 3ABN after having read the horrible accusations on this forum.

[color=#3366FF]If this is true why does Danny, Shelly, Mollie and John L. keep coming on the live programs defending all of this? They sure talk enough about what is being said here.......

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 3 2007, 06:17 AM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 2 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]174968[/snapback]

The fact that he has supported 3abn gives me a lot of confidence about the way things are done there.

Why ignore the facts simply because someone who may not know what is going on is supportive of 3ABN?

By the way, I've had a lot of respect for Garwin over the years. His father Linden and I were friends.

One time when I preached in Dodge Center after Linden had his stroke, the fellow that was taking care of him told me that they couldn't keep Linden done. He just had to go out and witness. So he'd drive Linden somewhere, Linden would hold the literature in the car, and this fellow would take it to the door. Linden would say, "I love this message."

That would make a good sermon illlustration, wouldn't it? A man who has been partly incapacitated by a stroke goes out there and does what little he can, and what are we doing?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 3 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Feb 3 2007, 04:52 AM) [snapback]175004[/snapback]

If this is true why does Danny, Shelly, Mollie and John L. keep coming on the live programs defending all of this? They sure talk enough about what is being said here.......

Uncle Sam, that is a good point.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 3 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #87

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 2 2007, 08:44 AM) [snapback]174607[/snapback]

Alethia:

1) My post could be construed as a warning to all that they could find themselves defending in a lawsuit against them. This would clearly be considered "fair use" of copyright material as my pubication could potentially result in people complying with the demands made of Mr. 'Joy.

So you had to? I'm sorry I disagree, even a child can figure out you can warn people and say why without quoting a private letter...

2) I posted the message in my first post, without specific comment from me in an attempt to be fair to the writer. It was my intention to post my comments directly following the letter without comments, as that is generally considered fair and appropriate. You interjected your own comment between the two. But, I cannot be held accountable for what you did.

Again, I disagree, the fact that you think everytime you quote something you have the right to be the first to post and need to interpret it and explain it to everyone, seems to me to say you think you are somehow more intelligent or more qualified then others and they can't understand without your commentary. I don't happen to think your opinion has any more value or merit then any of the others here. In my view it's arrogance on your part, and insulting to the intelligence of all here, no matter what side of these issues they are on. The fact that you think people need to respect your right to speak first, and find fault with me for expressing my opinion before yours, just bolsters that impression..

You wrote in another post in this thread:

"I hvae been interested to watch this topic develop. I began this thread with a post of a message recieved by Mr. Joy. In general, the majority of the comments have ammounted to threats toward me for posting it, and other stuff. In my posting, I made comments in regard to the issues as stated in that message to Mr. Joy. My comments may be challenged. They may (?) be wrong. But, generally people have not posted to challenge me. I am comming to the conclusion that people must agree with what I said."

I have seen no threats??? {quote one, if I have missed it] And perhaps you should consider that you are entitled to your opinion, and arguing with someones opinions is generally a waste of time. Opinions aren't facts, and whether someone does or does not argue with you about yours doesn't mean you are right or wrong.

Time, and events will tell...

3) Again, my post has been, I beleive, in accord with the law as it related to "fair use" of copyright materials. The attorney who penned the letter either knew, or should have known, that anyone could do what I did, under the law. The only way to prevent such would be to not send such a letter.

I have great respect for the law, and intend to comply with it.

I'll quote Bystander here, because he said it well:
"You start out saying that you are not a lawyer, yet, you tempt fate by posting this letter when it specifically says that it is not to be published. It would seem you must put a lot of stock in your own opinion of what you "believe" you are allowed to do or not do, under the law.
Good Luck with that"

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 3 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #88

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 2 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]174658[/snapback]

Oh...you mean like the stuff you, Bystander (who still won't answer my questions), wwjd, dewayneholden, eyewitness and others have been posting about myself and other victims? That kind of slander, libel, gossip and unproven allegations?
---------------

Dude what have I posted about you other then the fact that as you were Not a minor, child molestation is not a factor where you are concerned. You will be 41, on the 20th of next month , right??

As far as anything else about you and your brother, or Tommy is concerned, I am still open minded, and haven't formed any absolute opinions one way or another.

I know... people keep posting about what I think, or what I have said, or who I'm protecting, or who I'm working for. but not a one has quoted me saying what they claim I have, because I myself haven't said anything like that! None of it's true, and that's not even what or how I think. To me this judging of motives and intents and putting words and thoughts and agendas on others without proof IS SIN.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 2 2007, 06:48 AM:
"One can't reason with the unreasonable."

Then again, you have a point here. You totally reject SIGNED testimonies of victims and side with people here who aren't even adult enough to sign their names to what they say.

Why do I even try to talk to you?

Duane Clem

I was referring to Joy, Pickle and Mathews and their endless rhetoric, and inability to communicate, compromise and work with the other side to seek resolution, which is what I have gathered from what they have posted here. Even before ASI issued their statement, I saw that.

But in answer to your question, I don't know. But I would like to talk to you about several things, don't worry none have to do with your sexual orientation, but the problem is your signed testimony leaves out alot, and it is only one side of the story, and your one side has holes and gaps in it.

yes, many questions remain. Are you willing to answer? If so, I'll start a new thread.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 3 2007, 01:13 PM

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 3 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #89

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 3 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]175043[/snapback]

Again, I disagree, the fact that you think everytime you quote something you have the right to be the first to post and need to interpret it and explain it to everyone, seems to me to say you think you are somehow more intelligent or more qualified then others and they can't understand without your commentary. I don't happen to think your opinion has any more value or merit then any of the others here. In my view it's arrogance on your part, and insulting to the intelligence of all here, no matter what side of these issues they are on. The fact that you think people need to respect your right to speak first, and find fault with me for expressing my opinion before yours, just bolsters that impression..

I will agree that once you make a post it is fair game for anyone to followup with their post. Now for you Aletheia to infer all this other stuff about Observer is a stretch.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 3 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #90

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

What a cheap shot. furious.gif

But in answer to your question, I don't know. But I would like to talk to you about several things, don't worry none have to do with your sexual orientation, but the problem is your signed testimony leaves out alot, and it is only one side of the story, and your one side has holes and gaps in it.

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Feb 3 2007, 02:15 PM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church