Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12490&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:24:14 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And Yet Another Newbie Critical of BSDA
Watchman
post Feb 11 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,967

There is nothing Christlike about this website. Not by the sensuous postings in the sidebars of some of the scantily-clad vainglorious, neither by the reprehensible "guillotines" by the mockers, (Psalms 1:1 Amplified reads"Blessed is the man who does not sit down to relax where the scornful and the mockers gather."), nor by the guile found in the mouths of the accusers. However guilty 3abn may or may not be, the guilt of those people defending this website, and professing to be Christians yet-- is far greater.
Jude 9-13
"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, DURST NOT BRING AGAINST HIM A RAILING ACCUSATION, but said, THE LORD REBUKE THEE.
But THESE speak evil of those things which they KNOW NOT...(Remember, "man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1Sam. 16:7).
Woe unto them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward (which in this case is self-importance)...clouds they are without water, carried about of winds (of being king or queen of the rap-session for a day); trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots.Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame."

Oh why is sensationalism, such a delicate morsel! And why is gossisp, such a juicy tidbit to swallow for those wise in their own conceit?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 11 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 11 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]177341[/snapback]

There is nothing Christlike about this website. Not by the sensuous postings in the sidebars of some of the scantily-clad vainglorious, neither by the reprehensible "guillotines" by the mockers, (Psalms 1:1 Amplified reads"Blessed is the man who does not sit down to relax where the scornful and the mockers gather."), nor by the guile found in the mouths of the accusers. However guilty 3abn may or may not be, the guilt of those people defending this website, and professing to be Christians yet-- is far greater.
Jude 9-13
"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, DURST NOT BRING AGAINST HIM A RAILING ACCUSATION, but said, THE LORD REBUKE THEE.
But THESE speak evil of those things which they KNOW NOT...(Remember, "man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1Sam. 16:7).
Woe unto them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward (which in this case is self-importance)...clouds they are without water, carried about of winds (of being king or queen of the rap-session for a day); trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots.Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame."

Oh why is sensationalism, such a delicate morsel! And why is gossip, such a juicy tidbit to swallow for those wise in their own conceit?

Watchmen,

Ok then how do you go about driving the money changers out of the temple of 3abn.

Like it or the Facts remain that at least 3 victims have come forward and more willing the future that is how these things go, there is no way that church should look the other other way on this.

I fully agree that two wrongs do not make a right.

But for you to come on here and say this website is all wrong just is a bit over the top, because it makes it look like you are willing believe that the behavior that has happened is all just gossip which is more of a leap of faith then i can make.

Lets say that very thing about danny was just gossip lets further say that all the other charges against 3abn are false and all gossip. ( which i think at this point is bit more then can be hoped for)

Watchman, we are still Talking about pastor that to average viewer is Sda, even though he is not has been accused ( I would add based on the pile of witnesses and the silence of the 3abn crowd to defend against the charges, proof the wrongdoing having happened.) of the most trusting breaking act any pastor can do and that is using his office has means to please his personal sexual wants.

Watchman how can you who so clearly have high level of spiritual concern for what is right and wrong , even give the appearance of being willing to look the other way on tommy actions.

Please help to understand that one issue.

Erik

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 11 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]177341[/snapback]

There is nothing Christlike about this website. Not by the sensuous postings in the sidebars of some of the scantily-clad vainglorious ...

Watchman, am I reading you correctly to claim that the "smilies" in the sidebars of this website are "sensuous"? huh.gif

It makes me concerned about the safety of the children in your church .... You see I've known certain individuals to claim that children "seduced" them. scratchchin.gif

Lord, please protect the children!!

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 11 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 11 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]177341[/snapback]

Oh why is sensationalism, such a delicate morsel! And why is gossisp, such a juicy tidbit to swallow for those wise in their own conceit?

Hi Watchman. Welcome from another Canuck. If you wish just dry-bones facts without any juice, check out save3abn or Maritime. (You have to register.)

I have appreciated the fact that Calvin, Clay and Di have allowed these threads to continue. They have been very liberal in allowing Bystander et al to hijack so many of the discussions.

Watchman, I can understand how someone of your integrity could be shocked at the "scantily-clad vainglorious". You may even have a difficult time to stomach the fact that some of the allegations that have been brought forward have been verified by the mouth of two or three witnesses. You may feel more comfortable with other subjects. Some of them are great reading.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 11 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 11 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]177341[/snapback]

However guilty 3abn may or may not be....

Watchman,

You have been very thrifty with your underlying opinion. Therefore, let me guess at your deeper meaning, and you correct me where I am dead wrong. I would gladly appreaciate being corrected here, Watchman.

I will use what other 3ABN defenders have said as a jumping off point.

Even though you say these eight words (quoted above), don't you really believe, deep down, that 3ABN can do no wrong? Deep down, would it be fair to say that you think the posters here have no right to even question 3ABN about anything? And, by chance, if there is some wrong somewhere, it should be overlooked and hidden from the internet, when weighed against all of the good things 3ABN does? Maybe you believe 3ABN's many good works trump anything else? Maybe you believe that good works are a salve; It's a salve that covers and heals any possible sin?

As a good, Christian person, maybe you believe you are doing the right thing by offering your defense of what you see is a Godly, upright organization, doing the Lord's work?

And maybe you believe that to preach the Gospel must be paramount to all other concerns? The "good fruits of 3ABN" exonerates 3ABN from any possible questions and allegations?

And, maybe, you watch 3ABN every day, and therefore, you know these 3ABN people, you like these 3ABN people, you follow these 3ABN people? They are, indeed, as they say on the air, "your 3ABN family." And now you want to save these 3ABN people -- you want to save your "family."

And, anyway, if there were some things wrong somewhere, your church, the Seventh-day Adventist Church, would certainly speak up and tell you, the loyal constituent? ASI would tell you? The ministries that buy time on 3ABN would tell you?

Therefore, because these other organizations have told you nothing, because these ministerial professionals, whom you trust, have not spoken up, many people here must be going down the wrong path?

And every month, when your Social Security and pension checks come, you set something aside for "your family"?

Am I close at all? Perhaps you could flesh this out a little further, Watchman, and put your quotes into context. Otherwise, I have to guess.

Pete

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 11 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 11 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]177341[/snapback]

There is nothing Christlike about this website. Not by the sensuous postings in the sidebars of some of the scantily-clad vainglorious, neither by the reprehensible "guillotines" by the mockers, (Psalms 1:1 Amplified reads"Blessed is the man who does not sit down to relax where the scornful and the mockers gather."), nor by the guile found in the mouths of the accusers. However guilty 3abn may or may not be, the guilt of those people defending this website, and professing to be Christians yet-- is far greater.Jude 9-13

Watchman,
Danny Shelton and those who come here full of bluster, diversion and empty claims often say "Even if everything you say is true..." regarding the problems with some of the actions and attitudes of those in charge of 3abn. Does scripture or SOP counsel us to look the other way when we become aware of heinous sins being perpetrated or condoned? I think not.

Have you read any of the testimonies from the alleged victims of Tommy Shelton? Have you seen that this behavior was not dealt with properly by his brother Danny but instead supported by attempts to keep it secret by intimidation?

Duane Clem testimony:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry171419

Scott Clem testimony:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry168297

Roger Clem letter to Tommy:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry162245

Brad Dunning testimony:
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry167570

Ellen White counsels us, quite specifically, how we are to properly deal with our brethren.

"Never question the motives of your brethren; for as you judge them, God has declared you will be judged. Open your hearts to kindliness, to the cheering rays of the Sun of Righteousness. Encourage kindly thoughts and holy affections. Cultivate the habit of speaking well of your brethren. Let not pride or selfish righteousness prevent you from making a frank and full confession of your wrong-doings. If you do not love those for whom Christ has died, you have no genuine love for Christ, and your worship will be as a tainted offering before God. If you cherish unworthy thoughts, misjudging your brethren and surmising evil of them, God will not hear your self-sufficient, self-exalted prayers. When you go to those who you think are doing wrong, you must have the spirit of meekness, of kindness, and be full of mercy and good fruits. Do not show partiality to one or more, and neglect other of your brethren because they are not congenial to you. Beware lest you deal harshly with those who you think have made mistakes, while others, more guilty and more deserving of reproof, who should be severely rebuked for their unChristlike conduct, are sustained and treated as friends."--RH Mar. 12, 1895.

"I saw that many souls have been destroyed by their brethren unwisely sympathizing with them, when their only hope was to be left to see and realize the full extent of their wrongs. But as they eagerly accept the sympathy of unwise brethren, they receive the idea that they are abused; and if they attempt to retrace their steps, they make halfhearted work. They divide the matter to suit their natural feelings, lay blame upon the reprover, and so patch up the matter. It is not probed to the bottom, and is not healed, and they again fall into the same wrong, because they were not left to feel the extent of their wrong, and humble themselves before God, and let Him build them up. False sympathizers have worked in direct opposition to the mind of Christ and ministering angels." Testimonies 1 page 213

I would suggest that you take care in passing judgement on us and the burden we have to see truth revealed and the ministry of 3abn saved.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 11 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #7

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Those who find our site so offensive are generally offered the option of boycotting the sight. I'l like to offer that to you.
QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 11 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]177341[/snapback]

Jude 9-13

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 11 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #8

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 11 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]177375[/snapback]

Watchman, am I reading you correctly to claim that the "smilies" in the sidebars of this website are "sensuous"? huh.gif

If so...then I'm sure this will really rock someone's boat..... it's a smilie with an afro....

afro.gif

Oooo clutch the pearls!

dry.gif Whatever....now smilies are sensual.....

Next the comma will be "winking" at you.....

dry.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

I'd still really like to know, Watchman, whether you find the "emoticons" in the side bar "sensuous" or arousing, since you could have been referring to something else (what?). ...

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 11 2007, 01:23 PM) [snapback]177375[/snapback]

It makes me concerned about the safety of the children in your church .... You see I've known certain individuals to claim that children "seduced" them. scratchchin.gif

Lord, please protect the children!!

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 11 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 11 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]177477[/snapback]

I'd still really like to know, Watchman, whether you find the "emoticons" in the side bar "sensuous" or arousing, since you could have been referring to something else (what?). ...

Inga,

I think watchman was referring to what I think are call avatars (the pictures that people can put next there posts some of them are more interesting then others, and from what watchman said i think she found some of them to less then what she could handle.

erik

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 11 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]177478[/snapback]

Inga,
I think watchman was referring to what I think are call avatars (the pictures that people can put next there posts some of them are more interesting then others, and from what watchman said i think she found some of them to less then what she could handle.

erik

Yeh, I think you are right. In that case, I hope watchman stays out of the Married Forum. giggle.gif

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 11 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 11 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]177487[/snapback]

Yeh, I think you are right. In that case, I hope watchman stays out of the Married Forum. giggle.gif

Good point, i have been bless by that section, but i would guess i am much younger then watchman and still need to learn much in life.

erik

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

Am I close at all? Perhaps you could flesh this out a little further, Watchman, and put your quotes into context. Otherwise, I have to guess.

Pete
[/quote]

Pete you cross the line. What would give you the right to make such judgements on this individual?

edited for content....

This post has been edited by Clay: Feb 11 2007, 05:52 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 11 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]177478[/snapback]

Inga,

erik
Ah ... that makes a little more sense. ;-) I was looking for something in a "sidebars." ;-) (The implications aren't quite as bad if that's what s/he meant.

Thanks. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 11 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #15

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

As noted by others, he must be talking about the avatars, like mine. yes.gif If one doesn't like my avatar well, that's on them. I like it, my honey likes and outside of the two of us if none other likes it that's ok, cuz it ain't about them. tongue.gif

BTW, the haterade is being served outside, so don't feel obligated to stay, please.

It has been said that BSDA isn't for everybody. This may the case for "watchman". dunno.gif
QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Feb 11 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]177472[/snapback]

If so...then I'm sure this will really rock someone's boat..... it's a smilie with an afro....

afro.gif

Oooo clutch the pearls!

dry.gif Whatever....now smilies are sensual.....

Next the comma will be "winking" at you.....

dry.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church