Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12490&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:39:38 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And Yet Another Newbie Critical of BSDA
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 11 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 11 2007, 04:03 PM) [snapback]177478[/snapback]

Inga,
I think watchman was referring to what I think are call avatars (the pictures that people can put next there posts some of them are more interesting then others, and from what watchman said i think she found some of them to less then what she could handle.

erik

Should I disconnect the trailer from my truck and take another picture?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 12 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #17

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 12 2007, 12:43 AM) [snapback]177560[/snapback]

rofl1.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Feb 12 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 11 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]177560[/snapback]

Duane, i'm seeing a wonderful healing take place right before our eyes... Praise the Lord!!

plus, you've got a wild sense of humor!! roflmao.gif clap.gif

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 12 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(roxe @ Feb 12 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]177582[/snapback]

Duane, i'm seeing a wonderful healing take place right before our eyes... Praise the Lord!!

plus, you've got a wild sense of humor!! roflmao.gif clap.gif

Actually, it was my biggest grin of the day. Thanks Duane.

But seriously, is there a current purpose/reason for this thread?

Just wondering,
nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 12 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 11 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]177341[/snapback]

There is nothing Christlike about this website.

Like you would know...

BTW, Does Sony know you're using that name?

In His service,
Mr. J

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 12 2007, 12:43 AM) [snapback]177560[/snapback]

Absolutely... you know what the sight of nekkid tires does to some people...

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Feb 12 2007, 11:44 AM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
roxe
post Feb 12 2007, 01:37 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 12 2007, 12:11 AM) [snapback]177594[/snapback]

Absolutlely... you know what the sight of nekkid tires does to some people...
In His service,
Mr. J

ummm.... Duane, you may wish to think about it first...
the sight of the tires may not be as bad as seeing all those connection hoses...

ok, back to the topic, whatever it is... rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Feb 12 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(roxe @ Feb 12 2007, 03:37 AM) [snapback]177598[/snapback]

ummm.... Duane, you may wish to think about it first...
the sight of the tires may not be as bad as seeing all those connection hoses...
ok, back to the topic, whatever it is... rofl1.gif

giggle.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Watchman
post Feb 12 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,967

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Feb 11 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]177385[/snapback]

Watchman,

You have been very thrifty with your underlying opinion. Therefore, let me guess at your deeper meaning, and you correct me where I am dead wrong. I would gladly appreaciate being corrected here, Watchman.

I will use what other 3ABN defenders have said as a jumping off point.

Even though you say these eight words (quoted above), don't you really believe, deep down, that 3ABN can do no wrong? Deep down, would it be fair to say that you think the posters here have no right to even question 3ABN about anything? And, by chance, if there is some wrong somewhere, it should be overlooked and hidden from the internet, when weighed against all of the good things 3ABN does? Maybe you believe 3ABN's many good works trump anything else? Maybe you believe that good works are a salve; It's a salve that covers and heals any possible sin?

As a good, Christian person, maybe you believe you are doing the right thing by offering your defense of what you see is a Godly, upright organization, doing the Lord's work?

And maybe you believe that to preach the Gospel must be paramount to all other concerns? The "good fruits of 3ABN" exonerates 3ABN from any possible questions and allegations?

And, maybe, you watch 3ABN every day, and therefore, you know these 3ABN people, you like these 3ABN people, you follow these 3ABN people? They are, indeed, as they say on the air, "your 3ABN family." And now you want to save these 3ABN people -- you want to save your "family."

And, anyway, if there were some things wrong somewhere, your church, the Seventh-day Adventist Church, would certainly speak up and tell you, the loyal constituent? ASI would tell you? The ministries that buy time on 3ABN would tell you?

Therefore, because these other organizations have told you nothing, because these ministerial professionals, whom you trust, have not spoken up, many people here must be going down the wrong path?

And every month, when your Social Security and pension checks come, you set something aside for "your family"?

Am I close at all? Perhaps you could flesh this out a little further, Watchman, and put your quotes into context. Otherwise, I have to guess.

Pete
FRIEND: YOU ARE WRONG ON EVERY COUNT. MY PREMISE IS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE THIS: INVESTIGATION IS NOT THE ISSUE. RATHER, THE PUBLIC, INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING OF THIS SITUATION BY THE PROFESSED PEOPLE OF GOD, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO PRINCIPLES IN THE WORD & INSPIRED WRITINGS. TO ILLUSTRATE: JANUARY 25 1883 "CHRISTIAN UNITY"-------"Contentions, strife, and lawsuits between brethren are a disgrace to the cause of truth." (AND TWO WRONGS CAN NEVER MAKE ONE RIGHT) TO CONTINUE..."Those who take such a course expose the church to the ridicule of her enemies, and cause the powers of darkness to triumph. THEY are piercing the wounds of Christ afresh, and putting Him to an open shame. "THE WORD --OPEN-- IN THIS WEBSITE'S INSTANCE IS PARTICULARLY APPROPRIATE. HEB. 6:4,6 SPEAKS OF THIS. VERSE 4 " For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened..... If they shall fall away, to renew them again to repentance, seeing they crucify the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame." THE WORD "SEEING" PROPERLY INTERPRETED TO BE--"AS LONG AS." THIS IS AN INDICATION OF HOW SERIOUS GOD LOOKS UPON BEING PUT TO "OPEN" SHAME. THEN COMPARE--PROVERBS 6:16 AND LAST PART OF 19..."These six things doth the Lord HATE: yea. seven are an ABOMINATION to Him--he that soweth DISCORD among the brethren." --- IT IS OF INTEREST TO NOTE THE 7TH ITEM--"sowing discord." NOW BACK TO Christian Unity.----"By ignoring the authority oif the church, they SHOW CONTEMPT FOR GOD, who gave to the church its authority....Paul....greatly desired that the false teachers might be separated from the church, but their influence had affected so many of the believers that it SEEMED HAZARDOUS to take actionn against them. There was danger of causing strife & division WHICH WOULD BE RUINOUS TO THE SPIRITUAL INTERESTS OF THE CHURCH"......"He warned them that if they indulged...strife, dividing into parties, and like the brutes biting & devouring one another, they would bring upon themselves present unhappiness & FUTURE RUIN. There was but one way to prevent these terrible evils & that was...by constant prayer seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit, which would lead them to love and unity..A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND. When Christians contend, Satan comes in to take control." END QUOTE. GOD DOESN'T APPROVE OF ACTION THAT RISKS LOSING EVEN MORE SOULS. LIKE CUTTING INTO CANCER CELLS-IT ONLY SPREADS DISCOURAGEMENT & DISTRUST, AND WILL LOSE SOULS--GOD'S CHIEF CONCERN.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 12 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 12 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]177676[/snapback]

FRIEND: YOU ARE WRONG ON EVERY COUNT. MY PREMISE IS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE THIS: INVESTIGATION IS NOT THE ISSUE. RATHER, THE PUBLIC, INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING OF THIS SITUATION BY THE PROFESSED PEOPLE OF GOD, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO PRINCIPLES IN THE WORD & INSPIRED WRITINGS. TO ILLUSTRATE: JANUARY 25 1883 "CHRISTIAN UNITY"-------"Contentions, strife, and lawsuits between brethren are a disgrace to the cause of truth." (AND TWO WRONGS CAN NEVER MAKE ONE RIGHT) TO CONTINUE..."Those who take such a course expose the church to the ridicule of her enemies, and cause the powers of darkness to triumph. THEY are piercing the wounds of Christ afresh, and putting Him to an open shame. "THE WORD --OPEN-- IN THIS WEBSITE'S INSTANCE IS PARTICULARLY APPROPRIATE. HEB. 6:4,6 SPEAKS OF THIS. VERSE 4 " For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened..... If they shall fall away, to renew them again to repentance, seeing they crucify the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame." THE WORD "SEEING" PROPERLY INTERPRETED TO BE--"AS LONG AS." THIS IS AN INDICATION OF HOW SERIOUS GOD LOOKS UPON BEING PUT TO "OPEN" SHAME. THEN COMPARE--PROVERBS 6:16 AND LAST PART OF 19..."These six things doth the Lord HATE: yea. seven are an ABOMINATION to Him--he that soweth DISCORD among the brethren." --- IT IS OF INTEREST TO NOTE THE 7TH ITEM--"sowing discord." NOW BACK TO Christian Unity.----"By ignoring the authority oif the church, they SHOW CONTEMPT FOR GOD, who gave to the church its authority....Paul....greatly desired that the false teachers might be separated from the church, but their influence had affected so many of the believers that it SEEMED HAZARDOUS to take actionn against them. There was danger of causing strife & division WHICH WOULD BE RUINOUS TO THE SPIRITUAL INTERESTS OF THE CHURCH"......"He warned them that if they indulged...strife, dividing into parties, and like the brutes biting & devouring one another, they would bring upon themselves present unhappiness & FUTURE RUIN. There was but one way to prevent these terrible evils & that was...by constant prayer seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit, which would lead them to love and unity..A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND. When Christians contend, Satan comes in to take control." END QUOTE. GOD DOESN'T APPROVE OF ACTION THAT RISKS LOSING EVEN MORE SOULS. LIKE CUTTING INTO CANCER CELLS-IT ONLY SPREADS DISCOURAGEMENT & DISTRUST, AND WILL LOSE SOULS--GOD'S CHIEF CONCERN.

watchamn,

then get rid of the underlying issues, and the discussion will die out, so why not focus the fix instead saying to those trying to fix it are are wrong.

erik

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 12 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

***Watchman, we can all discuss but we ask that we al use our inside voices here. Incase you didn't know using all caps denotes yelling.***
QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 12 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]177676[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Watchman
post Feb 12 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 2,967

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 12 2007, 11:12 AM) [snapback]177677[/snapback]

watchamn,

then get rid of the underlying issues, and the discussion will die out, so why not focus the fix instead saying to those trying to fix it are are wrong.

erik

FRIEND:
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP MISSING THE POINT? TRYING TO FIX A PROBLEM-- IF THERE IS ONE-- IS NOT THE ISSUE. THE REASON I SAY IF, IS THIS: WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I LEARNED, "DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE." I AM --NOT-- AN EYEWITNESS; AND ONLY GOD SEES THE HEART. BUT TO CONTINUE...IT IS THE METHOD I PROTEST--WHICH IS UNSCRIPTURAL, UNGODLY AND DAMAGING TO THE CAUSE OF CHRIST (EVIDENCED BY MY FORMER POST)-- FOR WHICH THOSE RESPONSIBLE WILL BE BROUGHT TO ACCOUNT. WHAT CAN YOU IMAGINE?? IF--A PERSON IS GUILTY OF A CRIME, --AND THEN SOMEONE WHO IS OUTRAGED GOES OUT AND COMMITS ANOTHER OFFENSE, IN AN EFFORT TO SOLVE THAT CRIME--WILL THE LAW SAY "OH WELL, IF WE HAD SOLVED THIS SOONER, THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED, SO WE'LL LET HIM GO THIS TIME?" I DON'T THINK SO. WELL, NEITHER WILL GOD. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT KEEPING THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING. JESUS LEFT ALL OF HEAVEN --TO SAVE LOST SOULS. AND THE MORE SOULS THAT ARE LOST AS A RESULT OF THE FLIPPANT AND HIGHLY PUBLIC NATURE OF THIS WEBSITE, THE MORE JESUS WEEPS. YET BECAUSE HE WEEPS, AS HE DID OVER JERUSALEM, IT WILL NOT CHANGE THE CONSEQUENCES IN THE END.---- JUNE 27 TO JULY 7 ---IS "OPERATION GLOBAL RAIN." A WORLD WIDE EVENT TO PRAY AND FAST FOR THE LATTER RAIN. IS YOUR CHURCH INVOLVED? ARE YOU CONCERNED WHETHER IT WILL BE? WILL YOU BE? DOES THIS NOT SPEAK OF LAST DAY EVENTS? Email operationgloberain777@msn.com FINALLY,CAN ANYONE SAY FOR CERTAIN THEY WILL NEVER DENY THE NAME OF CHRIST? 1 COR. 10:12 "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 12 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]177681[/snapback]

***Watchman, we can all discuss but we ask that we al use our inside voices here. Incase you didn't know using all caps denotes yelling.***

Friend:
Sorry about the caps. I didn't know your policy. I certainly do not intend to shout. I used the caps for speed because I only have so much time. Thanks for letting me know.

This post has been edited by Clay: Feb 12 2007, 12:28 PM

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 12 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 12 2007, 10:41 AM) [snapback]177681[/snapback]

Even if it didn't denote yelling, all caps are very hard to read. Part of the way we recognize a word is by the shape of it. When I see something written in all caps, I just skip it. There are more interesting things to do. happydance.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 12 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Watchman,

I know you feel passionate about your position regarding what is taking place on this forum.

Many of us here also feel passionate about what we are doing. Many of us feel that God has put a burden on our hearts to bring truth to light so that resolution and healing can take place. Many of us believe that we, as Christians, have a duty to do just what we are doing since those who should have resolved these issues did not!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 12 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #29

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 12 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]177692[/snapback]

Watchman,

I know you feel passionate about your position regarding what is taking place on this forum.

Many of us here also feel passionate about what we are doing. Many of us feel that God has put a burden on our hearts to bring truth to light so that resolution and healing can take place. Many of us believe that we, as Christians, have a duty to do just what we are doing since those who should have resolved these issues did not!

PB

Well said. spoton.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 12 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Watchman @ Feb 12 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]177676[/snapback]

MY PREMISE IS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE THIS: INVESTIGATION IS NOT THE ISSUE. RATHER, THE PUBLIC, INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING OF THIS SITUATION BY THE PROFESSED PEOPLE OF GOD, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO PRINCIPLES IN THE WORD & INSPIRED WRITINGS.

Dear Watchman,

Have you considered who it was that put everything into the "international broadcasting" sphere in the first place?

Did you ever share your deep convictions with Danny Shelton, an international broadcaster, about this situation when it first became public fodder more than two years ago?

Danny Shelton should be at the top of your list, not us. Consider sending Dan those Bible verses and telling him your premise about the public broadcasting of the situation if you have not already done so.

Feel free to tell him right now: danshelton (at) earthlink.net

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church